Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
July 10th Weekly Update
The amount of holiday spillover and family aggro this week was too damn high, I just wanna write man.

Still, I got a pretty decent amount done this week.

Shortbows are ingame now, with a pretty wide variety of skills and a few magical archer skills. Playstyle wise, it's all about rotations; almost every skill applies decent debuffs/statuses at a high rate, and some have synergy with each other, so it's less about spamming one skill and more about rotating the debuffs you want on an enemy.

I also added a 'resilience' mechanic, which makes it impossible to chain-stun/freeze. Works for both you and enemies. This is sort of a test implementation, depending on how it goes I may edit the numbers and/or add skills that interact with it more.

The next batches of character commissions are in progress; jfc has been doing amazing work on, uh, four, which will come out in a yet-to-be-determined order. But they are looking very cute! And half of them are milfy as fuck, so, you know, that's a thing the game has been woefully short on. Also, more music, more on that later~

My dumb ass also broke the fuckin' battle system trying to fix some bugs, BUT I am happy to claim victory over my code demons, with battles *and* those bugs fixed. From a player perspective, bonus scaling works better and more consistently now; flat damage/scaling buffs now work the same for single-hit and multi-hit abilities, doing exactly what they say they do.

Starting to do some betas to ensure the release is... less buggy than usual, but I'm not sure when the next update will actually be, it kinda depends on how well progress this week goes. Thankfully, I don't have any other plans for the week, so hopefully it'll be a productive one!

Sketches of several upcoming characters and the beta are up on Patreon, with more Maya and Siofra previews to come.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
The amount of holiday spillover and family aggro this week was too damn high, I just wanna write man.
I hear you. Nothing worse than you being deep in thought during a writing session or doing unspeakable things only for someone to kick the door down (without knocking!) and demand your undivided attention.
I can only hope the texty bits related to these aforementioned milfs doesn't end up being affected, otherwise I might have to request extensive personal information, as well as the daily schedule of the people who interrupted you. It's for a friend.

Really.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I hear you. Nothing worse than you being deep in thought during a writing session or doing unspeakable things only for someone to kick the door down (without knocking!) and demand your undivided attention.
I can only hope the texty bits related to these aforementioned milfs doesn't end up being affected, otherwise I might have to request extensive personal information, as well as the daily schedule of the people who interrupted you. It's for a friend.

Really.
I do most of my writing via speech-to-text, and I have to speak fairly loudly and clearly to avoid typos, so... it's definitely hard to dictate Metatron getting railed or Celica wringing you out with people in the next room lmao.

But yeah, especially with large scenes, it takes hours of uninterrupted work to do efficiently. When I'm getting phone calls, people yelling up, or just showing up in my room every half hour, or waiting for poorly-defined 'plans' that are always 20 minutes away - for 3 hours straight- it's just frustrating.

The Knight-Milfmander introduction *might* make it into this update, though her art won't. The other, succ mommy, is still a little way out. Here's hoping I can work more smoothly this week so I can finish this update and move forward... otherwise we'll have to look into that schedule thing.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
I eagerly await your next update. Just became a supporter on patreon because I am so hot for it and want to stay updated as this is something different.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I eagerly await your next update. Just became a supporter on patreon because I am so hot for it and want to stay updated as this is something different.
Oh shit, thank you for the support! I try to put everything I make from Patreon right back into the game, so that improves my commission budget a bit.

I apologize for the delay, I've been working on the update for the last month and a half but some of the romance stuff (as usual...) went very slowly. We're almost there though, I'm hoping another 1-1.5 weeks. Depends on how today and tomorrow go.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Musicfruit

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Hey, total noob question. How do I view relationship tabs when I'm on mobile?
Um... that's a good question actually. There's supposed to be a button at the bottom-middle of the screen that says 'menu' which will open up the save, stats, etc. window.

If it's not there, or it's hard to get to, I can look into alternatives.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
July 18th Weekly Update
FINALLY got Celica's first scene done this week! It's... very long, dwarfing any other lewd scene in the game, with more foreplay and aftercare than others. Nor's great work on the CG variations means it's essentially a second sprite, so hopefully it'll be fun to see in action~

Beyond that, I got Metatron's CG ingame and her scene in progress. Once I finish that, there's a bit of plot to do (knights, deepwoods intro) to get the update out the door, so... maybe late this week if things go well, next week if not.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
you know what else is long:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
also, as long as Sam and Metatron gets lewds of equal length in the future I'll be happy

does that mean we're getting a SM-focused scene or is it "cuddle and enjoy the afterglow" kind of aftercare?
Greatswords absolutely fuck now. The starting weapon revamp will be in the update after this one, and hopefully be as fun and interesting as greatsword/shortbow are now.

Sam and Meta will definitely get sizable lewds too, this one was kind of unique in that for Celica it was the result of 2+ years of waiting for a specific goal whereas Metatron has known you for like, two weeks, and Sam only even realized her attraction at about the same time. As Sam learns to be more honest with herself, and Metatron goes from not really understanding what a relationship is to falling head over heels in love, their scenes will come closer to that emotional nature (and length).

And naw, it's pretty vanilla (lotus position), but Celica makes some poor decisions and wants to cuddle afterwards.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
That would explain why Metatron seems so familiar... That is a fantastic mod btw. Will we have a chance to re-create the church scene with her in this game?
Glad you enjoyed it!! That was my first time ever writing anything lewd, or really anything for an audience. I'm scared to go back and read it, haha.

I actually have a somewhat-similar scene planned for another angel, though I didn't want to rip it off directly. I actually just finished writing Metatron's first time tonight, which went very differently from Waifupocalypse.

• Red Heart
Reactions: EvilGenius97

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
July 24th Weekly Update
Finally finished Metatron's mega-scene this week! It ended up being a bit shy of 9k words, with a lot of stuff going on, but I'm pretty happy with it!

Also did a fair bit of work in bugfixing/polish and adding icons to a lot of stuff, both stats and revamping the status icons. Should look more consistent and easy to read, and a bit less ugly!

Knight-Commander meeting into deepwoods is the last main push for this update, which I got a decent chunk of the way through on Saturday. Depending on how that goes, I'm finally almost free! For a few days. Then it'll be back to start on the next update...

As always, there's a decent spread of patreon previews up! Maya expressions, tree dad music, and Knight-Commander face/body. Like a watermelon, mommy.

• Red Heart
Reactions: EvilGenius97

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Fantastic! Love iti.

I still can't help reading it as Megatron, though.... Oh well. Makes the story funny

Cheers

• Haha

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
tbh Megatron is pretty choice man material, I'd be ok with a megatron romance route
If the definition of rule 34 is to be believed, you can be sure as hell that there's megatron naughties out there somewhere.
Having just thought of that, I find myself being both horrified and curious.

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
I too would like to romance Calvin Johnson, but I'd end up letting him down just like the Lions
c'mon man don't gotta do a fambase like that. Detroit finally won the alright bowl by proxy last season, let them be happy

since this is now a football thread, I'm totally placing Metatron as RB1. I guess Sam would make a good TE, WRs to the succs for their elite ball-handling skills, center for Aspasia (girl built like Vita Vae). Celica can totally sit on my face-I mean the bench.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Divine Dawn 0.21 is now in beta testing! The result of a little over two months of work, it adds around 4 hours of content, varying from lewds and CGs to new plot scenes, combat areas, a fancy new boss, and some new weapons! Once I'm satisfied it's not a buggy wreck I'll release it here as always.

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes