Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Monsters are cute and i like romance .but im mostly angel enjoyer and hard ilias simp xD Suzuha is my favorite character in japanese series especially after reading S;G visual novel .
Angels are indeed great! They're not the most monstrous of monster girls, but I wish there were more good angels out there.

I'm really loving the new beginning. Sam was....kinda much before. I know others probably really loved that banter between them but it was also kinda too much at times for me personally. I realize I'm just one person, but this new opening and Sam is way better written, I'm loving this way more. It went from too much banter to just the right mix of it with legit feelings of friendship instead of just a comedy play. Very well done so far (although I only just started the new update, but already had to comment on this evolved new Sam)
Nice - glad you enjoyed the changes! The opening was admittedly the first part of the game I wrote before I had any idea what I was doing, I think I tried too hard to be funny/show their relationship before. It's maybe a touch more subtle now?

Greatbow seems up my alley. I made a character in Pathfinder who combined some systems in order to be able to magically turn his weapon into a ballista. Never got to play it, but it's still my sort of approach. The forthcoming martial arts would also fit - do a swing with your sword to break a target and then release the blade to move in close with follow up assaults.

Just noticed you have a discord, I may jump in. But I need to challenge my social issues first, I get really antsy about exposure to new social situations...
I've always had a soft spot for greatbows - in dark souls 3/elden ring I used them more than is healthy. Something about just firing a harpoon through someone's soul that never gets old.

No pressure on the discord! It's a good place to talk about lore/setting with like-minded people, and (while I'm working on an update) get daily progress reports, but you can also just post here, or join and lurk. Whatever makes you comfortable!

So, just to be clear. There's no vaginal sex scenes with Sam yet?

Besides that nitpick, really enjoying the game so far!
That's correct, though it will be changing soon - not sure exactly how soon lol, next few updates will be almost pure writing hopefully, so maybe 1-2 updates? Hopefully the rest of Sam's stuff will live up to the content so far~

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
By the way, how does the party plans to finance their trip? I know it was only planed for a trip to the city, but they should get a feeling that it will be a bigger adventure. I also know that our milf slime (does she count as a milf?) will play a bit of a sugar mommy for the equipment at first, but they can't reliy on her alone.

Also I had a funny thought about contraception. Our fun sized mage already told us how she is dealing with it. What ever Sam will do will a an adventure in itself I fear. For Maya and other breedable party member, that will be a topic too. Now just imagine, after Sam and Celica gone all they way to ensure safety, our milf slime just tells them, that contraceptive potions are dirty cheap and she could make them too, they just needed to ask. I mean they are from the middle of no where, how could they know?

Reactions: Cryswar

Iwahahe

Jul 28, 2020
The burn dps on the last phase is a lot harsher than I remember, with the mana blade setup i can't out DPS the burn. Also sonic blade beta has Stun which is just so nice, really appreciate how i can just spam it just like how i did in every other tales of game where i can use sonic blade.

Reactions: Irizin and Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
By the way, how does the party plans to finance their trip? I know it was only planed for a trip to the city, but they should get a feeling that it will be a bigger adventure. I also know that our milf slime (does she count as a milf?) will play a bit of a sugar mommy for the equipment at first, but they can't reliy on her alone.

Also I had a funny thought about contraception. Our fun sized mage already told us how she is dealing with it. What ever Sam will do will a an adventure in itself I fear. For Maya and other breedable party member, that will be a topic too. Now just imagine, after Sam and Celica gone all they way to ensure safety, our milf slime just tells them, that contraceptive potions are dirty cheap and she could make them too, they just needed to ask. I mean they are from the middle of no where, how could they know?
Good question! The answer is that most of them have no idea. Aspasia will be the designated sugar mommy initially, but I intend for that to be a plot point/game mechanic (maybe).

As for contraception, Aspasia is a pathway to abilities many consider unnatural... I'd definitely like to get into her weird potions as we go though, alchemy is fun.

The burn dps on the last phase is a lot harsher than I remember, with the mana blade setup i can't out DPS the burn. Also sonic blade beta has Stun which is just so nice, really appreciate how i can just spam it just like how i did in every other tales of game where i can use sonic blade.
Depending on which version you're on, in 22d Siofra got nerfed a bit, otherwise she's been unchanged in a while.

Good to hear Sonic Blade Beta is working out though - I'll always be fond of Tales abilities haha. Great series!

Reactions: Irizin and Iwahahe

Iwahahe

Jul 28, 2020
Ah, I was on 22b, my bad. Whats odd is that even with my old build that could deal with Siofra i couldn't deal with the burn damage on 22b, no biggie though I'll just switch versions. Your taste in games is impeccable bro

edit: are the download links supposed to be 22b?

• Red Heart

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Ah, I was on 22b, my bad. Whats odd is that even with my old build that could deal with Siofra i couldn't deal with the burn damage on 22b, no biggie though I'll just switch versions. Your taste in games is impeccable bro

edit: are the download links supposed to be 22b?
I'm not sure what happened either, when the uploader reuploaded everything they renamed the files to 22b and changed the title/description from d to b as well. I can change the title/description back, but not the uploads.

If it says 22d ingame, you're golden!

I wish there was a better way to upload/download small updates, like how it works on Steam. Feels weird uploading/downloading 300-600mb of stuff for some 1kb changes lol.

NobleLeader65

Dec 28, 2018
What's the path for viewing old saves? I know there's the save subfolder in the game folder, but that only seems to contain autosaves. I've got a bunch of saves from older versions that I'd like to wipe clean, but I haven't been able to find the path for them yet.

Also, unless I'm missing something, there is no current teacher for earth magic, correct?

Thinking about doing an "avatar" mage, and I realized the only type that doesn't have a teacher that I've found is earth.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
What's the path for viewing old saves? I know there's the save subfolder in the game folder, but that only seems to contain autosaves. I've got a bunch of saves from older versions that I'd like to wipe clean, but I haven't been able to find the path for them yet.

Also, unless I'm missing something, there is no current teacher for earth magic, correct?

Thinking about doing an "avatar" mage, and I realized the only type that doesn't have a teacher that I've found is earth.
According to google, %APPDATA%/RenPy/game_directory

That's correct, the earth trainer (Alicia) has her art finished and will be introduced in the next two or so updates. In the meantime you'd have to start with it or cheat it in.

Iwahahe

Jul 28, 2020
I'm doing all 4 magic types too, cuz it seems cool and I wanna see what mana blade interactions there are with magic schools. There's also some mention of "hybrid" magic types being talked about in a few conversations (like with lightning being air+fire or somethin) so that'll be cool to see.

NobleLeader65

Dec 28, 2018
According to google, %APPDATA%/RenPy/game_directory

That's correct, the earth trainer (Alicia) has her art finished and will be introduced in the next two or so updates. In the meantime you'd have to start with it or cheat it in.
Yep, google was right. It's weird cuz I thought I checked everywhere, but forgot that there wasn't just Appdata, but %appdata%. Ah well.

Good to know that I didn't manage to miss an earth magic trainer as well. Now I just have to wait until we meet this Alicia in the future, and then I can be the avatar. If that doesn't work, I'll take lava mage too. Lava mage sounds cool.

Reactions: Cryswar and Iwahahe

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I'm doing all 4 magic types too, cuz it seems cool and I wanna see what mana blade interactions there are with magic schools. There's also some mention of "hybrid" magic types being talked about in a few conversations (like with lightning being air+fire or somethin) so that'll be cool to see.
Mana Blade already has some interactions, but those will be fleshed out significantly over time - ideally you'll be able to play it without having to use a spell, though the option is always there!

And yes, eventually there will be advanced magic types, both standalone (ex. Solar for fire, Crystal for earth) and hybrid (ex. Lightning as fire/wind, Sand as earth/wind). They're probably a ways away though, once the MC and crew can justify that level of expertise.

Yep, google was right. It's weird cuz I thought I checked everywhere, but forgot that there wasn't just Appdata, but %appdata%. Ah well.

Good to know that I didn't manage to miss an earth magic trainer as well. Now I just have to wait until we meet this Alicia in the future, and then I can be the avatar. If that doesn't work, I'll take lava mage too. Lava mage sounds cool.
Lava IS cool! I love lava/magma stuff, it's a likely eventual earth/fire advanced hybrid, just not for a while LOL.

I started yesterday but couldnt play much .we have angel companion insted of monster lord ? i feel like this View attachment 2117743
Yes, this game has a decent angel presence. There's only one so far, but more to come - I previewed a meme image of Cassiel a few weeks ago for example.

Technically you have both if you let Ashley join you ;)
I regret that I can't use Ashley's goofy face here as an emote lmao.

I was bored so I have done simple cheat menu.
You can find it above Stats menu...
Cool. I'll have a proper ingame cheat menu eventually, but in the meantime hopefully that helps people out!

Reactions: Iwahahe

Iwahahe

Jul 28, 2020
Mana Blade already has some interactions, but those will be fleshed out significantly over time - ideally you'll be able to play it without having to use a spell, though the option is always there!

And yes, eventually there will be advanced magic types, both standalone (ex. Solar for fire, Crystal for earth) and hybrid (ex. Lightning as fire/wind, Sand as earth/wind). They're probably a ways away though, once the MC and crew can justify that level of expertise.
I'm just happy to envision cool sword/magic combos. The second I see Beast or Tempest in the skill list I'm replaying symphonia and vesperia man. Too many fun memories of making the most ghetto inefficient combos with style.

• Red Heart

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
This definitely feels like a Monster Girl Dreams on a small budget. And I consider that a compliment.
Monster girl dreams and this game are pretty much completely different games, both in tone, humor and gameplay.
And most importantly storywise.
I see the only 2 common characteristic that are text based and have monster girls in it

NobleLeader65

Dec 28, 2018
Monster girl dreams and this game are pretty much completely different games, both in tone, humor and gameplay.
And most importantly storywise.
I see the only 2 common characteristic that are text based and have monster girls in it
I would say the tone is actually rather similar. Both games don't take themselves too seriously, despite having an ostensibly serious story. They both use some slapstick comedy and occasional silliness to keep the tone relatively light-hearted. DD just is a lot more "active" in keeping up that appearance. Characters almost constantly snark at each other, use sarcasm, or in the case of Sam most often, misunderstand what something means and naively respond.

MGD does have a lot of moments of levity, they just aren't as "in your face" as they are in this game.

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes