ETANEL23

Mar 15, 2018
Oh did we have a time gate/time limit for the Deepwood's? Since it was stated that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I remember that at the start of the adventure that tutorial said something like, you could "spend time freely" but I wanted to make sure since I wanted to get all the party's trust/affection scene's unlocked and finished before the next big story update. And I doubt I could level them all in that time limit, if there is one.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Oh did we have a time gate/time limit for the Deepwood's? Since it was stated that
I remember that at the start of the adventure that tutorial said something like, you could "spend time freely" but I wanted to make sure since I wanted to get all the party's trust/affection scene's unlocked and finished before the next big story update. And I doubt I could level them all in that time limit, if there is one.
No time limit, which is why it feels awkward that time is mentioned but...
Well, not like it matters anyways since the story hasn't progressed that far yet.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
It's a story conceit, not a mechanic. I gotta figure out a better way to convey that, it has understandably confused quite a few people.

Like, it makes sense in setting to have a pretty harsh deadline - the reason why
and talk about it, but there's gotta be a better way to convey "hey yeah this is just for story purposes, you don't actually have to stress it."

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
DDBanner.png
Divine Dawn 0.22 is out! Focused on updating the opening, adding art/polishing visuals, and revamping the weapon system, this will hopefully offer a much stronger baseline going forward!

('desktop' version works for PC, Linux, Mac)

Changelog
  • The pre-temple opening of the game has been completely redone. Pick between bespoke new premade choices or a custom character builder, meet a new character, and meet a more tolerable Sam. Female Sam only; male Sam has been completely removed.
  • The temple has gotten minor updates, making it possible to skip some text, taking out some lower-quality stuff, and adding a bit more.
  • Sarah and Ashley temple scenes now have their own CGs! Minor updates to the scenes as well.
  • The game now has a LOT more backgrounds; temple is unchanged but the forest and home scenes, camp, and Badon now have proper art.
  • Amnelis sprite courtesy of Coubalt. Knight-Commander Selendis art courtesy of jfc!
  • Amnelis theme and Sofra normal/battle themes all by Ubercrow! The temple boss also has a new theme, courtesy of The Mad Duck
  • 4 entirely new weapons - Greataxe, Dual Daggers, Mana Blade, Longbow, each with unique playstyles. Almost every old weapon has been heavily reworked as well! Earth magic got a major revamp too. About 300 new abilities and ~100-150 reworked ones in total.
  • A new set of no-requirement channels, so non-mages have good access to buffs, and new Reaction system which lets you reflexively block, counterattack, or evade attacks for a certain duration or use count.
  • Significant improvements to much of the progress menu UI, showing much more info about abilities
  • Around 15-20 ish traits, some for existing weapons, some for new/magic
  • New Metatron 12-affection scene, covering the aftermath of her first lewd. More to come~
  • Camp scenes now have normal/faded icons to show if they've been watched or not.
-----------------

I'm proud of what I got done here, but real talk, I really miss writing. So for the next few updates, I'm going to focus on exactly that - fleshing out characters, progressing Deepwoods and plains->mountains plot, and putting in a wider variety of actual monster girls to boot. Now that we're finally out of the depths of Hieroneiden, I can justify a much wider variety of inhuman characters and lewds.

I'm also going back to faster updates; I don't regret experimenting with longer giga-updates but... I don't think it's worth it. Stressful for me, boring for anyone waiting, and makes it too easy for me to scope-creep an update and end up taking even longer than expected.

Last but not least, the game is coming to Steam! If you're interested, don't forget to it!

Last edited:

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
Costum character builder, you can equip 'unarmored' as primary and secondary weapon. Would my MC then try to cuddle the enemies to death?

• Haha
Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Time to start a new game then! :whistle:
RIP m!Sam You never had a real chance to begin with. Which means more time for the other characters!
That's the hope man. More (female) Sam content soon!

Costum character builder, you can equip 'unarmored' as primary and secondary weapon. Would my MC then try to cuddle the enemies to death?
Unarmored or unarmed? Struggle snuggle sounds amusing, though...

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
Unarmored or unarmed? Struggle snuggle sounds amusing, though...
Unarmored, while selecting your weapon, you have to select the 'unarmored' option on the left and then you can equip it on the right as orimary and secondary weapons.

I also found a spelling error. After accepting the first 'quest' from the new nature spirit at the beginning. Sam says 'Yeah, yeah. Let's get going, pardner.' instead of partner.

Iwahahe

Jul 28, 2020
"Mana Blade" sounds too cool to not use and spec into, bro. Can't wait to try this out.

I also found a spelling error. After accepting the first 'quest' from the new nature spirit at the beginning. Sam says 'Yeah, yeah. Let's get going, pardner.' instead of partner.
You ever played monster hunter world? The handler in that game would not stop saying pard/pardner every time. Shit hurt to listen to

• Haha

Iwahahe

Jul 28, 2020
Takin it slower this playthrough, apparently i wasn't reading last time (or i was too magic brained) cuz a bunch of the sword abilities are Tales Of artes? I fuckin love the Tales of series, just fuckin watch me hit the sweetest 300 hit restand overlimit combo in this shit bro it's over

• Red Heart

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Takin it slower this playthrough, apparently i wasn't reading last time (or i was too magic brained) cuz a bunch of the sword abilities are Tales Of artes? I fuckin love the Tales of series, just fuckin watch me hit the sweetest 300 hit restand overlimit combo in this shit bro it's over
There may have been a few name inspirations there LMAO, Tales of Symphonia was my introduction to a whole new world. Still haven't played Arise yet tho, salty about them dropping multiplayer.

Unarmored, while selecting your weapon, you have to select the 'unarmored' option on the left and then you can equip it on the right as orimary and secondary weapons.

Interesting, that was a very... strange and difficult to track down bug. It only happened if unarmored, not with any other type of armor. But fixed for... whenever I do another bugfix.

And yeah, it was less a typo than an attempt to portray Sam kinda doing a drawl. I'm not sure if it sounds that good, though.

Reactions: Iwahahe

NobleLeader65

Dec 28, 2018
Nice to see the update dropped, time to see how the new character creation and intro goes. Quick question I've had on my mind for a bit and just never asked, do the girls react if you end up starting the romance path of multiple of them? Like, I imagine they are okay with Sarah/Ashley because they're Succubi, but I don't see Sam and Celica playing nice over the MC (Do they have a canon name? Or are they just MC when referring to the generic character?). I've stuck to multiple saves for each path, but I can only imagine it's going to get harder to keep up with as time goes on.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Nice to see the update dropped, time to see how the new character creation and intro goes. Quick question I've had on my mind for a bit and just never asked, do the girls react if you end up starting the romance path of multiple of them? Like, I imagine they are okay with Sarah/Ashley because they're Succubi, but I don't see Sam and Celica playing nice over the MC (Do they have a canon name? Or are they just MC when referring to the generic character?). I've stuck to multiple saves for each path, but I can only imagine it's going to get harder to keep up with as time goes on.
MC's default name (Astaroth) is essentially canon, I'd guess.
No reactions to starting the romance routes of others at the moment, but down the line Crys has it planned that certain combos will give different endings, and there will probably be a "generic harem end" for if you don't fit into any last I heard.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
As Sonus noted, Astaroth is the default name.

Right now, no one reacts to other romances, as we get further in and I flesh them out more there will be more reactions. There are already a number of reactions based on story/romance though, ex. Celica's wind magic training gets a *lot* of line swaps if you already got into her romance, there's some for her water magic, IIRC there's one small one with celica in sam's fire training, Celica's... 6-8 affection gets a few extra lines if you let her skill the slaver boss, etc.

dxd

Jun 5, 2017
Is there a way to turn off stances before a fight because every new fight they get turned back on and it just eats through your mana?

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Is there a way to turn off stances before a fight because every new fight they get turned back on and it just eats through your mana?
Rightclick, go to the Abilities tab, select the ability, turn off autocast

NobleLeader65

Dec 28, 2018
Is Siofra supposed to be a wall/DPS check? It seems like it given her high HP regen and the ramping DoT in her second phase, but damn is she hard. Either that, or my build just sucks, which is entirely possible since I'm unable to commit to just pumping 3 stats like I'm seemingly supposed to despite being level 30. Trying a Hydro mage right now, so I have to pump my MAG, I know that much. But with the useful abilities from the mana blade, I need STR. I also need VIT for health and damage mitigation. But then FCS and INS are also super useful, especially if I plan on going into Aether/Nether. Haven't done that yet since I wanna see if there's any unique dialogue/scenes for not learning either type. Though I suppose I could just save before learning those magics, and just fix my build for the pure human character.

I enjoyed the new intro, adds a lot more character to Sam right before you get beamed into space. Amnelis is interesting, hopefully we see more of her (maybe she's just behind Siofra, if I could beat her :/). I've noticed while playing through the game that a lot of dialogue that refers to Sam still uses more neutral pronouns, sometimes within the same sentence as referring to her as female. Not sure if that's intentional or just a leftover from when Sam could either be male or female, I always had female Sam. Me like strong women, oog.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Is Siofra supposed to be a wall/DPS check? It seems like it given her high HP regen and the ramping DoT in her second phase, but damn is she hard. Either that, or my build just sucks, which is entirely possible since I'm unable to commit to just pumping 3 stats like I'm seemingly supposed to despite being level 30. Trying a Hydro mage right now, so I have to pump my MAG, I know that much. But with the useful abilities from the mana blade, I need STR. I also need VIT for health and damage mitigation. But then FCS and INS are also super useful, especially if I plan on going into Aether/Nether. Haven't done that yet since I wanna see if there's any unique dialogue/scenes for not learning either type. Though I suppose I could just save before learning those magics, and just fix my build for the pure human character.

I enjoyed the new intro, adds a lot more character to Sam right before you get beamed into space. Amnelis is interesting, hopefully we see more of her (maybe she's just behind Siofra, if I could beat her :/). I've noticed while playing through the game that a lot of dialogue that refers to Sam still uses more neutral pronouns, sometimes within the same sentence as referring to her as female. Not sure if that's intentional or just a leftover from when Sam could either be male or female, I always had female Sam. Me like strong women, oog.
Siofra has no natural HP regen, kill the adds to stop their channels (IIRC water wisp is the regen source) - otherwise her fight will be extremely difficult instead of just pretty hard.

Her last phase is a bit of a vibe check though yeah, I nerfed her a bit in the very latest version in the download folder but the scaling damage is meant to be a "well, shit just got real" vibe.

FCS/INS sound like they can be ignored in your build. Spells and manablade skills don't have cooldowns and you can live without crit chance, so FCS is sacrificial. Manablade already gives a bit of penetration and has some skills for it, so if you're careful and use debuff magic when needed you can survive without Insight too.

Glad you liked the new intro! More Amnelis soon, Sofra is the end of the current content though.

Sam pronouns and relics of MSam are still getting found and dug out, I'm fixing it as I go but there's a lot of text LOL.

Female Sam is great though, always has been.

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
I wanted to see both new CG in the temple and choose Ashley first and regretted it instantly by seeing Sarah's disappointed face. Why are the girls so damn cute?! I want to cuddle them so bad.
Before dinner: Choosing a path is so hard in this game! I want every choice D: For the record, I choose Sam, because that seemed like the most impactful choice.
At dinner, Ashley: 'Um, no, miss, ma'am, miss Aurion, mom, sorry, I just, um, coughed.' You could just have used one of them, but you didn't and it made it so much better.
Near end of the dinner, when Mom, asks about if Sam will head home. 'Sam, are you headed home?' I think it should be heading instead. As usual, not to nit pick.
After dinner, another tough choice, but taking Sarahs v-card is just too good, but hearing Ashley refer to the MC as her boyfriend is quite nice too. I think that is the only time she does that or am I wrong? Her self esteem and all or would I have heard that more, if I'd pick her during the first day? I'm also looking forward to the CG here as well as Ashley handjob before dinner.
By the way I can't wait for the first succubus threesome. Poor MC will be looking like a risin after that, but it will be totally worth it.
Sarah visits you with her succubus outfit, bit in the morning she summons her standart outfit, even trough I did not her before dinner event to get them for her. Just to change back into her succubus outfit before breakfast again.
For some reason is the conversation with Metatron after the breakfast during Dawn and then switches to morning at some point.
In the afternoon after this, which is also wrongly labeld as morning, MC mentions Sarahs updated wardrobe, I'm not sure how that would react atm if I had choosen her 'before dinner' route, but I wanted to mention it, that it should be differend.
I just have to ask is Celica robe inspired by the MC of Fire Emblem Awakening?
When talking with Celica about the temple, 'Well, it all started when Sam touched something they shouldn't have...' She instead of they.
Later that conversation, I tried what would happen if I tell her how Sarah/Ashley got the power needed. I think something died in Celica. Quickly, revert the timeline!
I also can't wait for a Sam/succ threesome. We know Sam is into the idea somewhat. In generel I'm looking forward to group fun, besides that it's hot, I want to see their interactions together. I wouldn't mind when some of the girls had a bit fun together now and then, besides that beeing hot, I want to see how they interact together.
By the way, my compliments to and for choosing the artists which works we see. Really good.
On one hand I want to know what other monster girls we can expect on the other I want it as a surprise. I would like to see a good friend for Celica, while she could become good friends with our slime alchemist, I'm not sure if they even had an interaction so far. Interactions between girls is in generel something we need a bit more. Are Sam and Ashley going along well? MC said they would.

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes