Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Good combat
Good writing
Good soundtrack
Good vanilla fetishes (no NTR, futa, furry, yes tomboys, gentle switching femdom, sort of harem, future ara ara and pregnancy)
Good art
Lovable characters (Metatron being super lovable)

The equipment system is a bit of a head-scratcher because in RPGs I tend to hunt artifacts and hoard gold, with crafting as much as possible if the game allows but DD apparently was not designed with that philosophy which honestly is not bad, just different.
I really don't have any constructive criticism, the best I could do is go turbo-anal over minor issues.

I will pay for the game when it is finished. I know you would prefer money now and then invest it in art or something but I am allergic to paying for an unfinished product, sorry.
Great game, looking forward to the future patches. I will recommend it when someone asks me about good h-games.
Appreciate the feedback! Also, based for liking Metatron. Doubly so for mentioning the soundtrack, it always makes me happy when someone notices it LOL.

The equipment system is pretty new and still a work in progress. The plan is to have a pretty good spread of gear early on and then unlock more as you go. Upgrading gear may be a thing, I hope it will be but I don't have it planned out very well yet.

Honestly, while yeah money is great, spreading the word and leaving helpful reviews is actually really helpful! And don't worry, I get where you're coming from - I support some unfinished stuff, but I'd prefer to just pay for the finished version too.

Add it to the review section man
Thank you for prompting that!

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Lord of Hentaiz Thanks for the review! Just as a heads up, you can actually change weapons anytime while in camp, if you go to Progress->Equip it lets you swap weapons freely. You can use the Respec menu to completely refund old abilities and Progress->Abilities to learn new abilities based on whatever you have equipped now!

It sounds like I definitely need to mention that in a tutorial somewhere though, because you're not the first person to think that - UI is something I'm trying to improve on.

Lord of Hentaiz

Apr 22, 2019
Lord of Hentaiz Thanks for the review! Just as a heads up, you can actually change weapons anytime while in camp, if you go to Progress->Equip it lets you swap weapons freely. You can use the Respec menu to completely refund old abilities and Progress->Abilities to learn new abilities based on whatever you have equipped now!

It sounds like I definitely need to mention that in a tutorial somewhere though, because you're not the first person to think that - UI is something I'm trying to improve on.
lol going to revise that review, I used all the other features of the progress menu yet somehow missed that equip primary/secondary option at the far bottom right when browsing the weapon styles. Thought it would be a merchant feature in badon or elsewhere.

Any plans for the magical equivalent of a sword/shield for weapon styles ? ( runed bracers, tattoos, or just a defense focused magical style? mage tanks are fun though I was envious of Apasia's Mercurial Body ) Suppose that would be nice flavor but might clog up that menu so not really important

Looking forward to see what you do with armor types or Apasia for that matter.

Most of the game was rather intuitive, just lacking in keybindings which makes the combat somewhat clunky ( the current version is still better than rpg maker though ) I did wonder why you kept the respec to the renpy menu as you could mess with that mid adventure but not be able to spec properly till you return to camp. Feels like it doesn't belong there.

Anyways, thanks for the fun adventure.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
lol going to revise that review, I used all the other features of the progress menu yet somehow missed that equip primary/secondary option at the far bottom right when browsing the weapon styles. Thought it would be a merchant feature in badon or elsewhere.

Any plans for the magical equivalent of a sword/shield for weapon styles ? ( runed bracers, tattoos, or just a defense focused magical style? mage tanks are fun though I was envious of Apasia's Mercurial Body ) Suppose that would be nice flavor but might clog up that menu so not really important

Looking forward to see what you do with armor types or Apasia for that matter.

Most of the game was rather intuitive, just lacking in keybindings which makes the combat somewhat clunky ( the current version is still better than rpg maker though ) I did wonder why you kept the respec to the renpy menu as you could mess with that mid adventure but not be able to spec properly till you return to camp. Feels like it doesn't belong there.

Anyways, thanks for the fun adventure.
Equip menu is one of those I'm slowly working to improve. The upcoming update will make it a fair bit more intuitive, but it really just needs a tutorial mentioning it.

The upcoming update has something like 300 new abilities over 4-5 new weapons, and a bunch of reworked ones, but nothing quite like what you asked. I do like the idea though, when one of the upcoming characters shows up she's somewhere between an Avatar earthbender and a Fairy Tail dragonslayer with earth magic, with a physical reinforcement martial arts style that she can teach MC - that might come pretty close to what you asked for!

Armor is really basic right now, basically defense vs initiative, but once I get better icons for it I want to add some extra variants. Adding resist for example, or maybe effects when hit.

Adding keybindings when I don't know what ability will be where are a bitch, HOWEVER I do have some plans for that, maybe next update I'll try a beta version of it - but renpy has some pretty random keys bound so I need to make sure I don't mess with renpy functionality. I was thinking of maybe trying QAZ or WSX for the first 3 ST abilities, EDC for the first three AOEs, and RFV for the first three support abilities? I MIGHT be able to do custom keybindings the player can set, but not sure, that might be pretty clunky.

On the respec thing, I decided to separate them because making a build and sticking with it is the core ingame philosophy, and free infinite respecs that are always right in front of you kinda break that's theme. Separating free infinite respecs to the options menu makes it clear it's not just a normal part of in-game play, but as a dev/player thing it makes sense to have them.

Glad you enjoyed the game overall though! Thanks again for taking the time to write a review, constructive criticism is incredibly helpful and it's nice to read positives as well haha.

Or, alternatively, mix both into one with our brand new patent pending EQUIPPABLE ASPASIA!
Slime condom OP

Heh definately the most tempting option, especially when taking her Mercurial Body and alchemy related shennagins into consideration.
Bro slimes and alchemy have so many underrated features, slime baths are hot but getting ridden/drenched inside a slime while kiss-fed suspicious concoctions is some gourmet shit and I almost never see it.

God I need to write more Aspasia...

• Red Heart
Reactions: spitfire335

Lord of Hentaiz

Apr 22, 2019
Adding keybindings when I don't know what ability will be where are a bitch, HOWEVER I do have some plans for that, maybe next update I'll try a beta version of it - but renpy has some pretty random keys bound so I need to make sure I don't mess with renpy functionality. I was thinking of maybe trying QAZ or WSX for the first 3 ST abilities, EDC for the first three AOEs, and RFV for the first three support abilities? I MIGHT be able to do custom keybindings the player can set, but not sure, that might be pretty clunky.
Ah I like the idea keybinding the first 3 of each attack type category. I agree that setting up customizable keybindings for individual abilities could get rather messy. What you mentioned should be perfectly acceptable.

But maybe I explained my original idea poorly or I'm derping. I meant it more as keys ( 1 2 3 ) representing the three enemies ( hostile actions ) and ( 1 2 ) represnting the two person party ( friendly actions )
( or are those numbers already pre bound in renpy? )

So once you use the shortcuts to get to spells/skills/etc ( q a z x c ) you currently select the ability, at which point you have to select a target, but rather than having to manually click the target you can just press ( 1 2 3 ) which will activate it accordingly

The ( 1 2 3 ) thing could also be applicable in dialogue as well as you generally have 3 options when they pop up. Camp options too. Just food for thought.

Originally I figured ( 1 2 3 4 5 ) would be great but you can only use friendly spells on your characters so the keys 4 & 5 don't really make sense anymore.

The other issue was things like taunt and aoe spells requiring you to select a target when they should just activate when you click them as they can't target anything else anyways.

On the respec thing, I decided to separate them because making a build and sticking with it is the core ingame philosophy, and free infinite respecs that are always right in front of you kinda break that's theme. Separating free infinite respecs to the options menu makes it clear it's not just a normal part of in-game play, but as a dev/player thing it makes sense to have them.
Hmm never really understood that philosphy, its one of the many reasons I avoided the D2 remake ( missing QoL features ) But thanks for including them.

Do you plan to remove that feature in the future?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cryswar

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Whilst waiting for the new update, it's a great time to start a new game and goof off.
That's what I'm doin... Trying different abilities, question/answers, being more or
less of a prick than usual...

Fun

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Ah I like the idea keybinding the first 3 of each attack type category. I agree that setting up customizable keybindings for individual abilities could get rather messy. What you mentioned should be perfectly acceptable.

But maybe I explained my original idea poorly or I'm derping. I meant it more as keys ( 1 2 3 ) representing the three enemies ( hostile actions ) and ( 1 2 ) represnting the two person party ( friendly actions )
( or are those numbers already pre bound in renpy? )

So once you use the shortcuts to get to spells/skills/etc ( q a z x c ) you currently select the ability, at which point you have to select a target, but rather than having to manually click the target you can just press ( 1 2 3 ) which will activate it accordingly

The ( 1 2 3 ) thing could also be applicable in dialogue as well as you generally have 3 options when they pop up. Camp options too. Just food for thought.

Originally I figured ( 1 2 3 4 5 ) would be great but you can only use friendly spells on your characters so the keys 4 & 5 don't really make sense anymore.

The other issue was things like taunt and aoe spells requiring you to select a target when they should just activate when you click them as they can't target anything else anyways.

Hmm never really understood that philosphy, its one of the many reasons I avoided the D2 remake ( missing QoL features ) But thanks for including them.

Do you plan to remove that feature in the future?
Ohhh. Okay, I see what you mean on keybinds. I think I could do that, I don't remember seeing any innate keybinds for the number keys.

Taunts/aoes having some targeting keeps it from happening the instant you click with no takebacks, but I could have them be keybind 1, I think if you click them and then hit Q it'll autotarget and cast currently.

On the respec - I don't see the relevance of that comparison. I'm not removing it, I just put it in a spot that made sense for the design philosophy, which isn't encouraging respeccing constantly but being able to do so if desired.

Whilst waiting for the new update, it's a great time to start a new game and goof off.
That's what I'm doin... Trying different abilities, question/answers, being more or
less of a prick than usual...

Fun
The new update will also revamp the opening a fair bit LOL. But yeah. Sorry for the delay on this update, I really ddn't think this stuff would take so damn long.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
October 10th Weekly Post
More progress! Finally got the update into beta status, which has gone... surprisingly well honestly, instead of a buggy, broken mess most things actually worked fine out of the gate.

I HAVE gotten a lot of very helpful feedback about various aspects of the updated opening writing/mechanically, especially from Coubalt, Dunnask, and Maroder, so I've been working on improving those while juggling the remaining stuff.

On that note, Mana Blade is finally well under way, and some of the new weapons got a bit retuned (mostly from being too weak ironically).

I still have to do some minor updates in the temple/post-temple scene, and put in all the missing art (Selendis, sarashley CGs, etc) but the hard work is done so I will HOPEFULLY be done sometime this week. So much later than I'd like, but uhh hopefully it's worth it.

Unrelated to all the above, have some dope, based, and superlit fanart of skater Celica, drawn by Nor (the guy who did her lewd CG, and Sarah/Ashley's upcoming CGs) which as far as I'm concerned is now canon.

IMG_0159.png

Last edited:

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
October 10th Weekly Post
More progress! Finally got the update into beta status, which has gone... surprisingly well honestly, instead of a buggy, broken mess most things actually worked fine out of the gate.

I HAVE gotten a lot of very helpful feedback about various aspects of the updated opening writing/mechanically, especially from Coubalt, Dunnask, and Maroder, so I've been working on improving those while juggling the remaining stuff.

On that note, Mana Blade is finally well under way, and some of the new weapons got a bit retuned (mostly from being too weak ironically).

I still have to do some minor updates in the temple/post-temple scene, and put in all the missing art (Selendis, sarashley CGs, etc) but the hard work is done so I will HOPEFULLY be done sometime this week. So much later than I'd like, but uhh hopefully it's worth it.

Unrelated to all the above, have some dope, based, and superlit fanart of skater Celica, which as far as I'm concerned is now canon.

View attachment 2093827
Skater Celtics costume when

• Haha

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
In the deepwoods there is a random encounter with Maya where the PC ends a textbox with "show maya at twenty moveinright".

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
In the deepwoods there is a random encounter with Maya where the PC ends a textbox with "show maya at twenty moveinright".
No worries, fixed for next version

Said fix would have been out a month ago if I had actually handled this update better LOL

Reactions: zeraligator

ETANEL23

Mar 15, 2018
So I want to make sure about story progression and I'll try and spoiler it:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I want to make sure I ain't missing anything.

Beside's that I have been having a blast with this, I generally love that Astaroth is his own character and not just a blank slate emotionless mc-kun. And I for one love the comedy, Sam and Ashley have made me laugh far to many times to count, and Metatron is the best. I can't wait to see where this story takes us.

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
Or, alternatively, mix both into one with our brand new patent pending EQUIPPABLE ASPASIA!
Heh definately the most tempting option, especially when taking her Mercurial Body and alchemy related shennagins into consideration.
The fact that there are more people who think that mc should be able to wear a skintight silver bodyhugging Aspasia as armor is amazing. It'd be the best. She could suck the mc off in a myriad of different ways or just form a tentacle pussy that he fucks while walking or dare I say in combat.

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
The fact that there are more people who think that mc should be able to wear a skintight silver bodyhugging Aspasia as armor is amazing. It'd be the best. She could suck the mc off in a myriad of different ways or just form a tentacle pussy that he fucks while walking or dare I say in combat.
tell me you played CoC without telling me you played CoC: the post

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
So I want to make sure about story progression and I'll try and spoiler it:
I want to make sure I ain't missing anything.

Beside's that I have been having a blast with this, I generally love that Astaroth is his own character and not just a blank slate emotionless mc-kun. And I for one love the comedy, Sam and Ashley have made me laugh far to many times to count, and Metatron is the best. I can't wait to see where this story takes us.
Re; the progression: that is correct. In the next 1-2 updates I'll have a camp scene finishing that bit and covering the party, which will unlock the next area going eastward.

If you've met
then you're essentially done with progress for now, tho it'll expand significantly in v23.

Glad you're enjoying the game! Yeah, trying to hit the right middle ground between self-insert and actual person has been rough, but MC is getting a lot more stable and fleshed out as we go. And Ashley has never done anything wrong in her life, as we all know.

A possessive Aspasia is a dangerous force indeed... the power of cute slimes! I'm really excited to do more with her, much like Metatron she's a dork in waifu's clothing. Or, uh, no clothing at all.

------

Just as an update; I posted the open beta today on discord/public on Patreon to try to get any remaining bugs reported and fixed before I do an 'official' release here. Pending any major issues, will do a proper post here about it tomorrow morning!

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes