Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I'm actually max strength, max magic, and rest into VIT because I thought it would be a good idea since I've started with the magic swordsman route. But I can try messing around with Earth too.
Sounds like a good combo! Vitality is never a bad option, and that stat combo gives you access to a LOT of offensive options.

Actually, do I have to restart to get earth? Because I don't seem to be able to train it.
Right now, it's newgame only. In an update or two, the Earth magic trainer will join in Badon, and be able to teachit to existing characters.

Reactions: Deviton123

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
Sounds like a good combo! Vitality is never a bad option, and that stat combo gives you access to a LOT of offensive options.

Right now, it's newgame only. In an update or two, the Earth magic trainer will join in Badon, and be able to teachit to existing characters.
Oh, that sounds awesome! Until then, I'm gonna create a new character with max strength and magic focusing on fire and aether for some sort of fire paladin build.

Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
September 4th Weekly Update
Transitory week, partially spent on mechanics and partially spent working on some new UI for the opening choices.

Mechanically speaking; Earth magic got a partial rework, splitting it into Lithomancy (rock stuff) and Geomancy (earthpulse related). It'll get more when we get a proper earth teacher, but it was in an embarrassingly bad state before lol.

Traits can now add action tags, similar to abilities and weapons. So I can do stuff like "heal for 20% mag on freezing an enemy," which is one of the new Cryomancy traits. Pyromancy also got a minor tune-up, with the ability to set yourself on fire for various bonuses, because that is a great way to extend your lifespan.

Got a bunch of new background art sorted; the camp will have proper bespoke backgrounds now, Badon will FINALLY not all be 1 picture of somewhere in France, and some existing/upcoming areas have new art too.

The ongoing beta has produced some nice fruit, Dunnask's relentless testing has helped me find and fix a lot of bugs. Three cheers for the homie!

Going to spend this week focusing on the actual opening update. Gotta get it out of the way sometime, and bring Amnelis to bear. Our cute nature wife can no longer be contained.

EvilGenius97

Mar 18, 2020
Traits can now add action tags, similar to abilities and weapons. So I can do stuff like "heal for 20% mag on freezing an enemy," which is one of the new Cryomancy traits. Pyromancy also got a minor tune-up, with the ability to set yourself on fire for various bonuses, because that is a great way to extend your lifespan.
So does this mean we now have to worry about Sam literally bursting into flames, either from embarrassment or because the MC does something stupid?

• Haha

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
September 11th Weekly Update
Pretty nice mix of progress this week I think. Alicia and Selendis's arts are moving along, and looking great! Siofra's music finished this week, and as always there's more coming Soon(tm).

Opening-wise, I finally got the initial character choices to a place I'm *fairly* happy with. You can pick one of eight better-explained premades from a wheel, or use a mixture of existing and new UI to completely customize the MC at the start, with elements, weapons, stats, traits, etc.

Hopefully those two options will offer enough choice for people who don't care as much about the mechanics, while giving those who are here for a hella customizable MC as many options as possible.

I still want to improve the tooltips/overviews a bit more, but otherwise this week I've gotta finally get the writing updated as well...

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
September 25th Weekly Updae
Making good progress on the opening! Finally got the early parts redone, with much more polish than before, and hopefully better dialogue. WAY more character gen options, with a selection wheel for premades and a new option to completely build your character from scratch, including stats, abilities, elements, etc.

Still got more to go with Amnelis's intro but I think I can get through it this week. So, beta after that, and then release... idk lmao.

In terms of other progress, both Selendis (knight commander lady) and Alicia (upcoming Earth magic trainer and punch princess) got their art complete, with wonderful final results from jfc and coubalt! Really impressed with both, and excited to show them off when the time comes.

Siofra's themes (normal/sparring) are done too, and we got new music for the temple boss, all of which came out great due to great work from ubercrow and madduck~

I'm 99% sure I mentioned new backgrounds before, but actually got them ingame and looking nice too, it really makes a surprising amount of difference to have a bit more variety and replace some of the repeated/lower quality ones, though the process will be ongoing for some time.

Oh yeah, and I know none of you care about boring sexy stuff, but Nor has been doing AMAZING work on some Ashley and Sarah sex CGs that are coming out genuinely amazing, I think fans of both girls will be very happy to see them!

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
I don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but will Selendis be a party member at some point? I can imagine she might be a good trainer, judging from her reputation.
September 25th Weekly Updae
Making good progress on the opening! Finally got the early parts redone, with much more polish than before, and hopefully better dialogue. WAY more character gen options, with a selection wheel for premades and a new option to completely build your character from scratch, including stats, abilities, elements, etc.

Still got more to go with Amnelis's intro but I think I can get through it this week. So, beta after that, and then release... idk lmao.

In terms of other progress, both Selendis (knight commander lady) and Alicia (upcoming Earth magic trainer and punch princess) got their art complete, with wonderful final results from jfc and coubalt! Really impressed with both, and excited to show them off when the time comes.

Siofra's themes (normal/sparring) are done too, and we got new music for the temple boss, all of which came out great due to great work from ubercrow and madduck~

I'm 99% sure I mentioned new backgrounds before, but actually got them ingame and looking nice too, it really makes a surprising amount of difference to have a bit more variety and replace some of the repeated/lower quality ones, though the process will be ongoing for some time.

Oh yeah, and I know none of you care about boring sexy stuff, but Nor has been doing AMAZING work on some Ashley and Sarah sex CGs that are coming out genuinely amazing, I think fans of both girls will be very happy to see them!

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but will Selendis be a party member at some point? I can imagine she might be a good trainer, judging from her reputation.
Not initially for sure, she'll feature more in some future plot (hieroneiden reformation arc and endgame crisis) but practically speaking I don't think she can justify ditching the army to join you in gallivanting around the world.

I hope earth magic gets pocket sand :^ )
I dunno, it's so powerful it would clearly devalue every other element...

How about magic sand?
The one that becomes dry as soon as you take it out of the water?
That was my shit during childhood
Ayyy I remember that stuff! Holy hell it's been a while

Andhakara

Jan 13, 2020
Aei Bro How about making repeated version of sex scene for metatron and celica, currently only the event sex scene can played.
Like using different dialogs, u can re-use the art. ?????

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Aei Bro How about making repeated version of sex scene for metatron and celica, currently only the event sex scene can played.
Like using different dialogs, u can re-use the art. ?????
That is actually planned, but will require enough rewriting that it's kind of in a "when it's done" timeframe. This update has taken a lot more time and effort than I hoped.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
God damn it feels good to be back to writing lmao. Got a lot done this week, from Metatron's 12 affection post-lewds scene (still a cute dork) to a bunch of opening stuff, with hopefully more natural-feeling banter with Sam and now Amnelis as well.

A barrel of family aggro late in the week kept me from quite getting to beta status but 1-2 more days of work will get me there, so depending on how that goes we're FINALLY almost at the end of this tunnel.

Never doing another giant 2-month update again if I can help it, it's been an absolute trainwreck for me in most regards, stressful as hell to boot, and I don't think anyone enjoys waiting two months for stuff either. Just gonna finish this and go back to smaller but much faster updates lol.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
God damn it feels good to be back to writing lmao. Got a lot done this week, from Metatron's 12 affection post-lewds scene (still a cute dork) to a bunch of opening stuff, with hopefully more natural-feeling banter with Sam and now Amnelis as well.

A barrel of family aggro late in the week kept me from quite getting to beta status but 1-2 more days of work will get me there, so depending on how that goes we're FINALLY almost at the end of this tunnel.

Never doing another giant 2-month update again if I can help it, it's been an absolute trainwreck for me in most regards, stressful as hell to boot, and I don't think anyone enjoys waiting two months for stuff either. Just gonna finish this and go back to smaller but much faster updates lol.
But I guess it was hella worth it.
I am gonna restart the game these days, just to retry it.
Ye great Cryswar

• Red Heart

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
But I guess it was hella worth it.
I am gonna restart the game these days, just to retry it.
Ye great Cryswar
I think the new opening will actually be worth a new game to see how much smoother it is, but not a requirement for people with existing games - as always I'll ensure the best save compatibility possible.

Hopefully it is fun though, I put a lot of work into making it look and feel better than a lot of current stuff. Now that I know what I'm doing, making small updates to spruce up content will be easier, I'm not doing any more major area reworks if I can help it though.

Reactions: zARRR

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I think the new opening will actually be worth a new game to see how much smoother it is, but not a requirement for people with existing games - as always I'll ensure the best save compatibility possible.

Hopefully it is fun though, I put a lot of work into making it look and feel better than a lot of current stuff. Now that I know what I'm doing, making small updates to spruce up content will be easier, I'm not doing any more major area reworks if I can help it though.
Then it’s a 100% confirmed that I will restart

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
1Capture.png

Not sure why my angel decided to hide behind everyone all of a sudden.
We were talking, then this happened. If I go back to camp, she's still in front
of me no matter what. Exit program, reload save and same thing??

nm I just went back a few saves and that seems to have fixed it.

Cheers

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 37 Votes