GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Assuming you read at average speed (200-250 words a minute), don't grind much, and read all content; around 20-25 hours of stuff overall, with about 30-ish lewd scenes.

Depending on how much you like the combat, you can potentially get more out of it by experimenting with builds.
Ah, I see.
Thanks.

Reactions: Cryswar
Apr 16, 2018
Pros: I really enjoy you're game, it's funny, the characters are well written, you're world building is excellent so far, I can't wait for more content.
Cons: Short game(so far not you're fault). bugs involving combat mainly involving combos ether don't work or crash the game(etc: using shatter on frozen target=crash, Freezing Blade doesn't activate combo with any longsword ability), game sometimes crashes during dialog.
Notes: I would like to see more consequences regarding party members(i.e. something actually happening when you win/lose when sparing maybe have a dominance/submission stat) having them or pc change the way they talk to each other. Maybe have special enemies/events that change the alignment/goals of characters if they win/lose.

hirosan1337

May 16, 2018
ayo what? That's like my whole game plan though, and it works fine. Hell, it's an infinite with the correct trait and upgrade and im not letting a fellow ice homie down. Is there something wrong with your version?
Can confirm it errors specifically with Shatter Alpha and Beta. v0.21f. Regular shatter is fine.
v0.21e Shatter Alpha errors. Shatter Beta and regular works fine.

BB code from shatter alpha v0.21f.
Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/dawncode/adventures/adventure_framework.rpy", line 39, in script call
    call adventure_randomizer
  File "game/dawncode/adventures/adventure_framework.rpy", line 68, in script call
    $ setupEncounter(enemy1=adventure_enemy_1, enemy2=adventure_enemy_2, enemy3=adventure_enemy_3, music=adventureArea.battleMusic, levelScaling=adventureArea.levelScaling, levelBoost=adventureArea.levelBoost, levelRandom=adventureArea.levelRandom, levelTarget=adventureArea.levelTarget, scalingCap=adventureArea.scalingCap)
  File "game/dawncode/combat.rpy", line 99, in script
    python:
  File "game/dawncode/combat.rpy", line 106, in <module>
    Action(encounterList[initiativeIndex])
  File "game/dawncode/functions.rpy", line 186, in Action
    calculateStatus(user, target, i, ability)
  File "game/dawncode/functions.rpy", line 555, in calculateStatus
    updateStatuses(target, user, action="ChangeDuration", durationChange=i["Value"], thisStatus=i["Type"], tag=i, ability=ability)
KeyError: u'Value'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/dawncode/adventures/adventure_framework.rpy", line 39, in script call
    call adventure_randomizer
  File "game/dawncode/adventures/adventure_framework.rpy", line 68, in script call
    $ setupEncounter(enemy1=adventure_enemy_1, enemy2=adventure_enemy_2, enemy3=adventure_enemy_3, music=adventureArea.battleMusic, levelScaling=adventureArea.levelScaling, levelBoost=adventureArea.levelBoost, levelRandom=adventureArea.levelRandom, levelTarget=adventureArea.levelTarget, scalingCap=adventureArea.scalingCap)
  File "game/dawncode/combat.rpy", line 99, in script
    python:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/dawncode/combat.rpy", line 106, in <module>
    Action(encounterList[initiativeIndex])
  File "game/dawncode/functions.rpy", line 186, in Action
    calculateStatus(user, target, i, ability)
  File "game/dawncode/functions.rpy", line 555, in calculateStatus
    updateStatuses(target, user, action="ChangeDuration", durationChange=i["Value"], thisStatus=i["Type"], tag=i, ability=ability)
KeyError: u'Value'

Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801
Divine Dawn 0.21f

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Pros: I really enjoy you're game, it's funny, the characters are well written, you're world building is excellent so far, I can't wait for more content.
Cons: Short game(so far not you're fault). bugs involving combat mainly involving combos ether don't work or crash the game(etc: using shatter on frozen target=crash, Freezing Blade doesn't activate combo with any longsword ability), game sometimes crashes during dialog.
Notes: I would like to see more consequences regarding party members(i.e. something actually happening when you win/lose when sparing maybe have a dominance/submission stat) having them or pc change the way they talk to each other. Maybe have special enemies/events that change the alignment/goals of characters if they win/lose.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure what you mean by "Freezing Blade doesn't activate combo with any longsword ability," but bugs are always an ongoing process of finding and fixing. If you run into specific dialogue issues just let me know and I will almost always be able to fix them for the next release!

I'm not sure about alterable dominance/submission or alignment stats - they feel a bit too gamey, and reduce the characters to sex objects rather than people in my eyes. There will be future choices where you can influence their decisions similar to that idea, but hopefully in a way that feels more natural. More as the result of them coming to trust your judgment over time, rather than anything too abrupt or easy to control.

-----------

hirosan1337 Iwahahe On the Shatter issues - they're fixed for 0.22, was just a dumb issue of me using Duration instead of Value in the file. Unfortunately, I can't really do a 21g because the many other code changes I made this week (for reactions) haven't stabilized yet and the game is only... mostly playable in its current form.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
August 14th Weekly Update

Got back to work this week. As usual, this was sort of the 'tech debt + system upgrades' week, with some pretty fun progress I think~

Most importantly, Reactions are now ingame and functional. They can do things like 'block one enemy attack' or 'evade all enemy attacks for one turn,' as well as fancier stuff like 'counterattack the enemy up to 3 times in a turn' or '50% chance to freeze anyone you attack with a sword.'

Against my better judgement, I also mucked with weapon tags a bit, such that they can do some fancier stuff too. It's now possible for, say, a hammer to reduce the target's defense by 5 on every hit, or buff you with X every time you use a greataxe skill, or even do a followup attack based on the skill you used.

Also got some of the starting weapons reworked and others in progress; shields in particular will have heavy interaction with reactions.

We also got the next wave of commissions started or in progress; Nor is starting work on a couple more CGs, jfc has Selendis looking DIVINE, Siofra's themes are in progress with Ubercrow... Alicia may or may not make it into this update but what we have of her from Coubalt looks great too!

This week will be a lot more bugfixing and messing with weapons, then I'll delve deeper into the opening update probably next week.

Got some Amnelis, Selendis, and Ashley CG previews up on Patreon for those interested in seeing their progress, or how insanely waifu they are in some cases, looking at you Ammy.

EvilGenius97

Mar 18, 2020
Ok, first off. Holy crap this update was fantastic. I was happy naming Sarah as best girl in game. Then going through Sam's romance route, big tiddy childhood tomboy friend with a fucking FANG??? Ok, strong contender. Then Celica's romance route. Then Metatron's romance route (god bless you, and yes I realize how blasphemous that statement is, you did Metatron from your MGD mod justice for the sex scene). So now I can solidly say that ALL the girls are the best girl. I will accept no arguments. I'm also happy to report that the Arcane Efficiency trait now works properly.
Found a pair(?) of bugs with the magic system however. 1. Playing as an earth mage in the prologue boss fight, with both stone skin and essence of earth running, I'm burning 0.8 points of mana/turn, and have a regen of 1, so a net gain of 0.2 points/turn. However, when I'm sitting solidly at 1 point of mana, I was totally unable to cast either of my damage spells (stone shard and stomp) both of which have a cost of only 1. I'm not sure if that was only because I had the buffs running, I didn't think to drop a save mid fight to test if I could cast if I'd dropped the buffs. Edit: Once I let my mana regen to 1.2 points, I can cast with no issues whatsoever.
2. The Channeling trait is not reducing the upkeep costs of the buffs. My current build has a base mana regen of 1.8 (that magic orb is lovely, thank you for adding that) and with stone skin beta, earthen essence alpha and lifestream beta, the per turn mana cost is 1.3 without Channeling. With Channeling, it should drop to 1 per turn, but the maintenance cost hasn't dropped. I don't know if it is because the buff spells are all mastery variants, because I also have the Arcane Efficiency trait, or if something just broke partway through.
I admit, I'm kinda trying to break the mage build a bit, but considering I watched Sam drop a 100+ damage crit with flaming greatsword, I don't think I'm that far away from the balance point. Level in the low 20s and she popped off enough damage to 1-shot any of the party members. It was a bit humbling. I've not tried sparring with her since I saw that nonsense.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Ok, first off. Holy crap this update was fantastic. I was happy naming Sarah as best girl in game. Then going through Sam's romance route, big tiddy childhood tomboy friend with a fucking FANG??? Ok, strong contender. Then Celica's romance route. Then Metatron's romance route (god bless you, and yes I realize how blasphemous that statement is, you did Metatron from your MGD mod justice for the sex scene). So now I can solidly say that ALL the girls are the best girl. I will accept no arguments. I'm also happy to report that the Arcane Efficiency trait now works properly.
Found a pair(?) of bugs with the magic system however. 1. Playing as an earth mage in the prologue boss fight, with both stone skin and essence of earth running, I'm burning 0.8 points of mana/turn, and have a regen of 1, so a net gain of 0.2 points/turn. However, when I'm sitting solidly at 1 point of mana, I was totally unable to cast either of my damage spells (stone shard and stomp) both of which have a cost of only 1. I'm not sure if that was only because I had the buffs running, I didn't think to drop a save mid fight to test if I could cast if I'd dropped the buffs. Edit: Once I let my mana regen to 1.2 points, I can cast with no issues whatsoever.
2. The Channeling trait is not reducing the upkeep costs of the buffs. My current build has a base mana regen of 1.8 (that magic orb is lovely, thank you for adding that) and with stone skin beta, earthen essence alpha and lifestream beta, the per turn mana cost is 1.3 without Channeling. With Channeling, it should drop to 1 per turn, but the maintenance cost hasn't dropped. I don't know if it is because the buff spells are all mastery variants, because I also have the Arcane Efficiency trait, or if something just broke partway through.
I admit, I'm kinda trying to break the mage build a bit, but considering I watched Sam drop a 100+ damage crit with flaming greatsword, I don't think I'm that far away from the balance point. Level in the low 20s and she popped off enough damage to 1-shot any of the party members. It was a bit humbling. I've not tried sparring with her since I saw that nonsense.
Glad you enjoyed! I'm having fun with all of them, hopefully in an update or two I'll be *mostly* done with reworks/updates/new systems/etc and can go full bore on plot and character stuff again. Cuz I have a lot planned for most of them.

You know, it blows my mind how often Waifupocalypse comes up even now. With how long it's been, and how relatively smaller the community was at the time, I still can't get over the idea that people remember it. It's... not my best writing, since it was my first time ever trying anything lewd, but I'm still proud of the effort I put into it, and learned some valuable lessons for this game.

For bug report 1, I *suspect* that is the result of floats vs integers. You probably have, like, 0.999999999997 mana internally. At some point I may go in and multiply all mana values by ~20, 'cuz I think that pure-integers would be easier for the engine and the reader. 0.2 mana off of 1 is kinda w/e, 2 mana off of 10 actually means something. Similarly, it's easier to have an ability cost 15 mana than 1.5. Sorry for the trouble in the meantime. This is my first time making... anything meaningful with code, so I made some poor decisions at the start that need to be fixed.

For 2, that SHOULD be fixed in 21f, which can be downloaded . Didn't feel right asking for a topic update for a tiny bugfix update that just fixed some typos and channeling traits is all. If it's still busted, lemme know and I'll doublecheck to make sure it's good for v22 next month.

Flaming Greatsword with a mastery'd up Ignition on a spellsword absolutely *fucks,* as do some Greatsword skills. As I fix up older weapons/elements, Fire and Earth will probably get some high-power, high-cost, low-speed spells as well to replicate that kind of thing - though channels are very likely to get more expensive for balance.

And yeah, Sam is an actual monster now lmao. Traits, Medium armor, and Ignition make her fairly tanky and bursty, though she definitely lacks sustain in both HP and MP. A far cry from how mediocre she was as a partner for much of the game's lifespan. I went in to test Greatsword on her a few weeks ago, and nearly got oneshot.

Reactions: EvilGenius97

EvilGenius97

Mar 18, 2020
Glad you enjoyed! I'm having fun with all of them, hopefully in an update or two I'll be *mostly* done with reworks/updates/new systems/etc and can go full bore on plot and character stuff again. Cuz I have a lot planned for most of them.

You know, it blows my mind how often Waifupocalypse comes up even now. With how long it's been, and how relatively smaller the community was at the time, I still can't get over the idea that people remember it. It's... not my best writing, since it was my first time ever trying anything lewd, but I'm still proud of the effort I put into it, and learned some valuable lessons for this game.

For bug report 1, I *suspect* that is the result of floats vs integers. You probably have, like, 0.999999999997 mana internally. At some point I may go in and multiply all mana values by ~20, 'cuz I think that pure-integers would be easier for the engine and the reader. 0.2 mana off of 1 is kinda w/e, 2 mana off of 10 actually means something. Similarly, it's easier to have an ability cost 15 mana than 1.5. Sorry for the trouble in the meantime. This is my first time making... anything meaningful with code, so I made some poor decisions at the start that need to be fixed.

For 2, that SHOULD be fixed in 21f, which can be downloaded here. Didn't feel right asking for a topic update for a tiny bugfix update that just fixed some typos and channeling traits is all. If it's still busted, lemme know and I'll doublecheck to make sure it's good for v22 next month.

Flaming Greatsword with a mastery'd up Ignition on a spellsword absolutely *fucks,* as do some Greatsword skills. As I fix up older weapons/elements, Fire and Earth will probably get some high-power, high-cost, low-speed spells as well to replicate that kind of thing - though channels are very likely to get more expensive for balance.

And yeah, Sam is an actual monster now lmao. Traits, Medium armor, and Ignition make her fairly tanky and bursty, though she definitely lacks sustain in both HP and MP. A far cry from how mediocre she was as a partner for much of the game's lifespan. I went in to test Greatsword on her a few weeks ago, and nearly got oneshot.
Alright, let's see here.
1. Yeah, that makes total sense. Float rounding is the actual devil, I kinda suspected that was the issue somewhere. Don't worry too much about it, still kicked that giant lump of flesh and anger back to whatever hellhole it crawled out of.
2. Sadly, it didn't work with the carryover save from 21e. I did respec out of Channeling when I realized it didn't work and I tried respecing back into it, but no dice. It might work on a fresh save, but it took a while to get to the point where it unlocks so I probably won't try on a fresh save
3. ... I'm sorry, I found a new one. The boss fight against the slavers on the floodplains I got this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I went with the "charge the boss with your partner" option with Sam backing me up, and I'd just cast Shatter on a frozen spearman, if that helps track anything?

EvilGenius97

Mar 18, 2020
... as a side note, I was able to rollback and avoid the bug and get to the actual bossfight, where Sam fucking one-shot the slaver ringleader. ON THE FIRST TURN. She uh... Hot fucking damn.

• Wow

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Alright, let's see here.
1. Yeah, that makes total sense. Float rounding is the actual devil, I kinda suspected that was the issue somewhere. Don't worry too much about it, still kicked that giant lump of flesh and anger back to whatever hellhole it crawled out of.
2. Sadly, it didn't work with the carryover save from 21e. I did respec out of Channeling when I realized it didn't work and I tried respecing back into it, but no dice. It might work on a fresh save, but it took a while to get to the point where it unlocks so I probably won't try on a fresh save
3. ... I'm sorry, I found a new one. The boss fight against the slavers on the floodplains I got this:
I went with the "charge the boss with your partner" option with Sam backing me up, and I'd just cast Shatter on a frozen spearman, if that helps track anything?
I'll doublecheck Channeling, should be working regardless of save stuff so don't worry about it too much. Shatter is a known bug, fixed for 22!

... as a side note, I was able to rollback and avoid the bug and get to the actual bossfight, where Sam fucking one-shot the slaver ringleader. ON THE FIRST TURN. She uh... Hot fucking damn.
That's pretty crazy lmao. I think the slavers are level 15-16 ish? So if you're in the 20s, with her raw damage output, that's probably not actually too crazy. I suspect you could do the same with something like Destruction Cut + Ignition.

• Haha
Reactions: EvilGenius97

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Weapon Week went well, with A LOT of new mechanics and skills added! Longbows, Greataxes, Dual Daggers, Longswords, and Shields all came out great, new and reworked alike - I'm super proud of them. Greataxes and shields are probably the most unique of the batch I think.

Commissions are moving along nicely as well, with Sarah/Ashley CG sketches looking concerningly hot, and Alicia looking like an absolute snacc. Confident girls are great. Especially with lots of booba.

Sometime this week I'll do the beta for new weapon/system stuff and transition to the new content, more on that when I get there!

In the meantime, we got Sarah/Ashley/Alicia previews up on patreon, and much more to come this week!

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
August 28th Weekly Update
"Yeah I'll be done with weapons this week easy lol" ~150 new abilities, ~40 reworks, and a lot of bugfixes later, I am once again forced to face the consequences of my own actions.

On the bright side, we did finally get to a point where I could put out the beta for weapon stuff, and (I think) everything is working. We'll see how that facade crumbles over the next few days, but in the meantime, hope yall betaing it have fun.

They may not all be perfect, but I think the new weapon ability sets have much stronger identities and are closer to what I wanted to do, where each weapon and spell school actually felt genuinely unique rather than 'what flavor of 120% damage does this do'.

Also got some nice bugfixes and UI improvements, the most important of which is probably that the ability progress menu has gotten yet more improvement and now displays far more information on a level that is... not elegant, but slowly plodding in that direction.

On other news; succubus lewd CGs, Selendis and Alicia art, and hopefully soon music are all moving along!

You can view previews of all the art mentioned on Patreon, and be wowed by the wonderful artists I've been fortunate to work with!

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
I wonder what you guys' builds are like. I'm currently all over the place with the greatsword, water, aether, and nether.

Last edited:

Andhakara

Jan 13, 2020
I wonder what you guys' builds are like. I'm currently all over the place with the greatsword, water, aether, and nether.
My current build is a high crit water +wind dagger. This build is Rogue like build.
I really want a make a Dual wielding shadow assassin build i.e Stealthy evasive glasscannon but can't with current moveset and skill. Hope i will be able to make it soon it.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I mostly just used shields for testing, but I still want to try a shield/Aether paladin combo. My current fella seems more suited to greataxe though, because bonk is good but Bonk 2: Bonk Harder is better.

My current build is a high crit water +wind dagger. This build is Rogue like build.
I really want a make a Dual wielding shadow assassin build i.e Stealthy evasive glasscannon but can't with current moveset and skill. Hope i will be able to make it soon it.
Dual daggers is in beta testing now, and has a pretty unique playstyle (building Bleed stacks on enemies and Frenzy on yourself)! Hopefully, it'll be fun whenever it and the opening actually get polished enough for a real release.

Reactions: Mushybird

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
I recommend earth magic over water magic as support if you build relies on the greatsword to deal damage. I'm assuming you're max STR with possible max or a good helping of VIT, which makes earth heals' scaling (recipient max HP) better than that of water heals (caster MAG). Earth also has some strength buffs that sync well with greatsword offense.

Alternatively, roleplay the full single-digit braincell experience and go fire magic. Gotta pump those damage numbers up!

Dual daggers
Is it replacing the single dagger or we can triple up on daggers over the two equip slots for maximum british memes?

• Haha

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I recommend earth magic over water magic as support if you build relies on the greatsword to deal damage. I'm assuming you're max STR with possible max or a good helping of VIT, which makes earth heals' scaling (recipient max HP) better than that of water heals (caster MAG). Earth also has some strength buffs that sync well with greatsword offense.

Alternatively, roleplay the full single-digit braincell experience and go fire magic. Gotta pump those damage numbers up!

Is it replacing the single dagger or we can triple up on daggers over the two equip slots for maximum british memes?
Dual and single daggers have completely different equipment bonuses, movesets, and playstyles, without any shared abilities. You can have both equipped as primary/secondary if you want to switch between them.

Reactions: Fuscen

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021

I'm actually max strength, max magic, and rest into VIT because I thought it would be a good idea since I've started with the magic swordsman route. But I can try messing around with Earth too.

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes