dakcoal

Apr 24, 2017
Metatron best girl 10/10
Absolutely loved how Ashley slaps you in the butt triggered her protective growl.
Though a little bit sad that she isn't taller like around 2m height.

Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
i see talk about change in art, did the sucubi duo get a new one at some point ?
i remember being moderately lost when description go about their clothing and the art don't match to any ><
I'm not sure what you mean. if you have more information I can look into it.

he has a portrait in my heart, damnit!
honestly, I'd be down with the bro Sam and Ashley pairing if only female Sam wasn't a thing. I can only hope bro Sam gets isekai'd to his own series so his flaming greatsword will warm his harem of succs

Anyway, the current encounter chain system makes me overlevelled for a zone in ~3 runs. I think future zones can afford to be deadlier so players have to rest up mid-adventure (the Deepwoods is approaching the sweet spot in difficulty I think, also, hot boss!)
Yeah, I should have made them separate characters from the start probably. But at this point, better to cut my losses and focus on the stuff people actually want I think.

The XP stuff will probably get a bit of a patch, right now it's just a flat reduction for level difference, will probably change it to %. I'm very happy with Deepwoods otherwise though! I think it hits a pretty good balance of doable but challenging, especially Siofra.

Noice, but dialogs are overfilled with "water". There is many "empty" thoughts and descriptions, at the start at least, with pretty much same background pic. So it feels boring and very unnecessary.
If I want to know more about it, I would like to have ability to check it myself. Not an illusion, when I must to click all options. Especially being forced to do it at start. It feel like once again some dev want to waste my time. On other hand it feels as jap games...)

This aside, nice. But h-scene dialogs could be longer. As an example Monster Girl Dreams or Monster Girl Quest do much better job in this regard.
And since I got out of "temple" and "reached" "home". I have a question. Is dev planning to make something similar to routes in VNs?
Fist time when you can get h-scene you have 2 options, sec time 3, third 2 or 1, depending on pervious choice. (haven't tried "best friend one" yet). I mean all this play is nice. But it is sad to miss some options... or small dialog changes due to choice(s) you made previously. Not to mention how it is usually end up, cuz now you need work for separates routs which most ppl won't experience, which create feeling that game is small. Much better when you always have the ability to try "other ways" without loading or ng+. Same for "rewatching" pervious h-scenes.

A bit too much text, yea.
Anyway ty dev, and gl!

P.S.
Some music are really good.
The game opens up significantly after the house section, and the writing improves. If you don't like the camp stuff, it may just not be for you.

So I did a quick thing and made a mug shot of the girls so we got a rough view of their height compared to each other. View attachment 1964909
Hey, not bad! Poor midgetlica, forever cursed to wander this land staring up at people.

Meanwhile Ashley can apparently faceplant into multiple pairs of titties, based.

Yummy, all you can eat buffet,
( just like the other game. )
Hm?

Metatron best girl 10/10
Absolutely loved how Ashley slaps you in the butt triggered her protective growl.
Though a little bit sad that she isn't taller like around 2m height.
Metatron is cute. CUTE. And possessive, which is even cuter. The Knight-Commander is a little under 2m if you want very tall, there maaaay be some taller therians in the future, but I wanted to keep most of the humans/humanoids within a roughly realistic height range.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
*disgruntled Kuril noises*
View attachment 1965824

which leads to an unusual, tangentially related complaint:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They will get replaced sooner or later. It's not laziness so much as that I paid for them and the end result was... not what I was hoping for. As I get the time and funds to do so, I'll rip them out and replace them with more fitting art, similar to the slaver mage/boss.

Reactions: Fuscen

hirosan1337

May 16, 2018
Do the traits Channeling, Continuance and Mistral Flow work ? Says they reduce buff/debuff upkeep cost by 0.1 (with the last 2 being element specific).

I was using the buffs Gale, Earthen Essence, Stone Skin, and Strength of Earth for a total of 1.8 upkeep. I think one of them might be working; I regen 1.5 mana (Winds of Magic trait) but I'm only losing 0.2 mana instead of 0.3.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Do the traits Channeling, Continuance and Mistral Flow work ? Says they reduce buff/debuff upkeep cost by 0.1 (with the last 2 being element specific).

I was using the buffs Gale, Earthen Essence, Stone Skin, and Strength of Earth for a total of 1.8 upkeep. I think one of them might be working; I regen 1.5 mana (Winds of Magic trait) but I'm only losing 0.2 mana instead of 0.3.
They're a little buggy right now, spent some time fixing 'em today. May have to do a 21f after I confirm those fixes (and some other typos, minor bugs, etc) are okay.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
BTW What have you plan for the next update ?.
Honestly, will see based on how things go. Hopefully the opening rework at least. And more traits/weapons. Last update was very... ambitious, I'd like to avoid going that crazy with update duration again.

hirosan1337

May 16, 2018
They're a little buggy right now, spent some time fixing 'em today. May have to do a 21f after I confirm those fixes (and some other typos, minor bugs, etc) are okay.
Thanks. Solid work so far btw. Would also like to add that greatsword abilities don't mention their cooldown from the menu.

I ended up making 3 chars all around 30+: water, wind and earth.
My earth bro bonks the hardest but the slowest with SnS and Greatsword. Greatsword had well-rounded uses. If either weapon crit it would hit stupidly hard nearing 200 sometimes.

Wind character crits at a better rate with Spear and Bow. Damage was 60-80 and crits for 120-150 or something. Quickshot hits the hardest, then I'd swap to Spear for Biting Jabs that almost hits as hard.

Water... well freeze made it safe. Damage is ok, just depends if I can land freeze or not. Raw healing was okay I guess, it's just majority of enemies could bonk higher than what I'd heal for. Felt like I had the tools for everything, it just didn't hit as hard as the other 2.

Physical had good options, though I'm unsure how far dagger can go.
For magic I've only messed with water -- it's ok under the condition of freezing. I'd imagine fire is the goto for pure spell spam. Wind looked like the choice for hybrids.

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
They will get replaced sooner or later. It's not laziness so much as that I paid for them and the end result was... not what I was hoping for. As I get the time and funds to do so, I'll rip them out and replace them with more fitting art, similar to the slaver mage/boss.
the laziness was directed towards the concept of ugly baddies rather than you or the artist. I've already pointed out your passion in previous postings, so that was never in question.

I think the spearman art would fit right in for an Ardens hob event. Something like a terrified militia in way over his head. Might as well make use of what you paid for.

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
Two bugs during the slaver fight:

-When Metatron is with you, her pic stays on screen after she sensed the barrier

-when choosing "attack the leader with partner", I am getting

after the first battle wave.

Last edited:

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Thanks. Solid work so far btw. Would also like to add that greatsword abilities don't mention their cooldown from the menu.

I ended up making 3 chars all around 30+: water, wind and earth.
My earth bro bonks the hardest but the slowest with SnS and Greatsword. Greatsword had well-rounded uses. If either weapon crit it would hit stupidly hard nearing 200 sometimes.

Wind character crits at a better rate with Spear and Bow. Damage was 60-80 and crits for 120-150 or something. Quickshot hits the hardest, then I'd swap to Spear for Biting Jabs that almost hits as hard.

Water... well freeze made it safe. Damage is ok, just depends if I can land freeze or not. Raw healing was okay I guess, it's just majority of enemies could bonk higher than what I'd heal for. Felt like I had the tools for everything, it just didn't hit as hard as the other 2.

Physical had good options, though I'm unsure how far dagger can go.
For magic I've only messed with water -- it's ok under the condition of freezing. I'd imagine fire is the goto for pure spell spam. Wind looked like the choice for hybrids.
Hmm, thanks for the in depth feedback! It's helpful to get a better sense of how people feel things are performing.

Earth will get an update soon, with similar themes (HoT, high burst damage, etc) but more options and a bit more thematic sense to make it feel a little more like greatsword (bigger numbers with more downsides).

Wind has some great synergies, next update will also update spear to have even better wind (and possibly fire) synergy. I think it's very solid right now.

Water relies a bit too much on freeze for my tastes, I don't think pure Hydromancy is quite as strong as I'd like, though you do have some of the best raw damage spells in the game with Aqua Edge especially. Heals... I'm honestly not sure what to do with them. They bypass resistance/mitigation/glancing hit so a 100% heal is generally better than a 100% damage, but they do seem a little iffy. I'm kinda leaning towards significantly buffing their values, but adding a cooldown, so you can cycle heals but not spam them if that makes sense?

All the starting weapons are getting updated to be a little more versatile/fun next big update, so hopefully everything will feel closer to the right power level.

the laziness was directed towards the concept of ugly baddies rather than you or the artist. I've already pointed out your passion in previous postings, so that was never in question.

I think the spearman art would fit right in for an Ardens hob event. Something like a terrified militia in way over his head. Might as well make use of what you paid for.
Gotcha, gotcha. Yeah, I'll figure out what to do with them as I go.

Two bugs during the slaver fight:

-When Metatron is with you, her pic stays on screen after she sensed the barrier

-when choosing "attack the leader with partner", I am getting

after the first battle wave.
Should be fixed for 21f whenever I finish that, thanks!

Iwahahe

Jul 28, 2020
Been so long since i played an RPG that let me spec into a build I want. Lotta fun doing pretty much an infinite freeze with that one 75% freeze spell upgrade and shatter. Great stuff, can't wait for more.

• Red Heart
4.50 star(s) 37 Votes