Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
Shit, how did I miss this update? Glad I check this thread every so often. Time to start a new playthrough, I'll return with thoughts in the future.

Tomboy Supremacy!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I wanted to see both new CG in the temple and choose Ashley first and regretted it instantly by seeing Sarah's disappointed face. Why are the girls so damn cute?! I want to cuddle them so bad.
Before dinner: Choosing a path is so hard in this game! I want every choice D: For the record, I choose Sam, because that seemed like the most impactful choice.
At dinner, Ashley: 'Um, no, miss, ma'am, miss Aurion, mom, sorry, I just, um, coughed.' You could just have used one of them, but you didn't and it made it so much better.
Near end of the dinner, when Mom, asks about if Sam will head home. 'Sam, are you headed home?' I think it should be heading instead. As usual, not to nit pick.
After dinner, another tough choice, but taking Sarahs v-card is just too good, but hearing Ashley refer to the MC as her boyfriend is quite nice too. I think that is the only time she does that or am I wrong? Her self esteem and all or would I have heard that more, if I'd pick her during the first day? I'm also looking forward to the CG here as well as Ashley handjob before dinner.
By the way I can't wait for the first succubus threesome. Poor MC will be looking like a risin after that, but it will be totally worth it.
Sarah visits you with her succubus outfit, bit in the morning she summons her standart outfit, even trough I did not her before dinner event to get them for her. Just to change back into her succubus outfit before breakfast again.
For some reason is the conversation with Metatron after the breakfast during Dawn and then switches to morning at some point.
In the afternoon after this, which is also wrongly labeld as morning, MC mentions Sarahs updated wardrobe, I'm not sure how that would react atm if I had choosen her 'before dinner' route, but I wanted to mention it, that it should be differend.
I just have to ask is Celica robe inspired by the MC of Fire Emblem Awakening?
When talking with Celica about the temple, 'Well, it all started when Sam touched something they shouldn't have...' She instead of they.
Later that conversation, I tried what would happen if I tell her how Sarah/Ashley got the power needed. I think something died in Celica. Quickly, revert the timeline!
I also can't wait for a Sam/succ threesome. We know Sam is into the idea somewhat. In generel I'm looking forward to group fun, besides that it's hot, I want to see their interactions together. I wouldn't mind when some of the girls had a bit fun together now and then, besides that beeing hot, I want to see how they interact together.
By the way, my compliments to and for choosing the artists which works we see. Really good.
On one hand I want to know what other monster girls we can expect on the other I want it as a surprise. I would like to see a good friend for Celica, while she could become good friends with our slime alchemist, I'm not sure if they even had an interaction so far. Interactions between girls is in generel something we need a bit more. Are Sam and Ashley going along well? MC said they would.
Haha - sounds like fun! You can always review the earlygame scenes from camp now, without any heartbreaking choices.

Ashley at dinner was hilarious to write, watching the gremlin crumble was magical!

Good catch on the Sarah thing - that has been around a while I fear, but thankfully was an easy fix!

About Sarah's outfit the next day - there's actually a small line swap acknowledging it, if you didn't go with Sarah in the afternoon he notices that she got a new outfit from mom anyways.

Celica outfit was somewhat inspired by Robin's yeah, F!Grima's specifically, though it's not identical. I loved Awakening and thought a look like that would fit the cute angry midget.

I'll look into the times at home, not sure why they're off.

More character interaction is DEFINITELY coming - it's been both one of my main goals, and a common complaint. I wanted to get a decent baseline for characters written first, but more interaction is absolutely planned. It feels kinda dry now, and evening hangouts could be a lot more lively.

I'll keep it vague on the monster girl thing; there are a *lot* coming, now that we're out of the worst of Hieroneiden. Not gonna be as crazy as MGD/MGQ etc, but hopefully a pretty wide variety of monster girls!

Celica/Aspasia, and Celica/Sarah, are two combos I think would be interesting - maybe Celica/succ mommy in the mountains too.

Shit, how did I miss this update? Glad I check this thread every so often. Time to start a new playthrough, I'll return with thoughts in the future.

Tomboy Supremacy!
It hasn't been updated 'officially' on f95 yet is all I think, they've probably got a ton of games to deal with. Enjoy the new run! Hopefully, all the changes will make it a fun one!

Also, next 1-2 updates will add more tomboys!

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Out of curiosity,

It mentions that the girls are now sporting identical tails...etc....
I love the fact that it's mentioned but am curious.

How were they NOT identical? I mean, they both had tails when
they initially met the MC, right?

Cheers

Ok, I just noticed a reference to them not having tails, which is what I was
curious about. But I thought in the first images I saw of them they both
already had them. I'll have to go back and check...

Last edited:

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Just an fyi.... I just ignored it and went on.
Cheers

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/dawncode/adventures/adventure_framework.rpy", line 54, in script call
$ setupEncounter(enemy1=adventure_enemy_1, enemy2=adventure_enemy_2, enemy3=adventure_enemy_3, music=adventureArea.bossMusic, levelScaling=adventureArea.levelScaling, levelBoost=adventureArea.levelBoost, levelRandom=adventureArea.levelRandom, levelTarget=adventureArea.levelTarget, scalingCap=adventureArea.scalingCap, canRest=False)
File "game/dawncode/combat.rpy", line 103, in script
python:
File "game/dawncode/combat.rpy", line 110, in <module>
Action(encounterList[initiativeIndex])
File "game/dawncode/functions.rpy", line 51, in Action
if target.agility > 0 and not checkIfAlly(user, target):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'agility'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/dawncode/adventures/adventure_framework.rpy", line 54, in script call
$ setupEncounter(enemy1=adventure_enemy_1, enemy2=adventure_enemy_2, enemy3=adventure_enemy_3, music=adventureArea.bossMusic, levelScaling=adventureArea.levelScaling, levelBoost=adventureArea.levelBoost, levelRandom=adventureArea.levelRandom, levelTarget=adventureArea.levelTarget, scalingCap=adventureArea.scalingCap, canRest=False)
python:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801
Divine Dawn 0.22b
Thu Oct 20 13:57:42 2022

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I'd downloaded 22b for Android is it radically different from 22d?
If it says 22d at the opening of the game, you have the right version

It seems like when the files got reuploaded by f95 staff, they were all renamed to version b instead of d, but when I tried downloading the desktop version it said it was the correct version, 22d.

Afezeria, fixed for next version/update! Thanks for reporting.

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
Okay, I haven't played past the intro (to when they start out on the journey) yet on a new start, but I've looked at the new weapons and the revamped writing and overall things are pretty nice. The new intro flows much better, and the new character is quite amusing. (Sam's face is still wibbly though!) The new scenes in the temple are really nice (though Ash's comes across as slightly unfinished, mostly due to the shadow of the PC in the background. Not a deal breaker).

Moving to the nitpicks, which should by no means come across as more significant than the good despite more space given over to them:

Sarah and Ash have their tails already in the temple. This is an art issue and I'm not sure putting them as a new layer in their image so they can appear when appropriate would be worth the trouble, but given it's mentioned specifically several times the art not jibing is worth of mention.

If you choose to ask Sarah to spend the night with you at home, she turns up in her succubus outfit when she should have already been given her new clothes, and then puts on her new clothes in the morning without any mention of her having new clothes if you didn't find her earlier (who doesn't go find Sam?) The description mentions "running a hand over her sweater" though, so her having her new outfit should be the correct continuity.

There's no new Sam content.

There's no option to bounce coins off Metatron's abs.

I haven't tried all the weapons in battle yet, but looking through the ability options for them all I can't see any of them having the specific problem I encountered with my personal favourite - the greatsword. Namely, that it has fewer moves associated with it and they all are characterised by long cooldowns, meaning even if you pick them all, you can run out of appropriate moves to have available for a given fight (mostly single target fights, given two of the six moves are multi-target) and are forced to switch to your backup weapon. Not a gamebreaker, but somewhat immersion breaking. Associated with this, I didn't feel there were any thematically-fitting secondary weapons for a greatsword main. The Strength weapons are all much of a primary type. I couldn't envisage myself sheathing a greatsword to pull out any of the other strength weapons to better match an opponent. With the exception of the mana blade, which has the necessity of trying to stack several different stats. Maybe another weapon could be added which scales with strength but has more of an opportunistic feel? Throwing axes come to mind. Or crossbows, for the heavier draw. Or the longbow and/or unarmed options could be changed to strength - grappling techniques were well known to armoured knights and larger bows absolutely require high strength to pull.

Related, I feel that stances are possibly unbalanced. Currently, you have a larger mana pool if you stack magic, which you'll be doing if you want to learn nd use spells. Magical channels all appear to have an upkeep rate of 0.5 mana a turn. Stances, used by the physical types who won't have as much mana, have an upkeep of 1 mana a turn. Is this intended? I can see the idea of mages being able to have multiple sustained spells going at once, but given some of them are party-wide buffs for the same low cost, it seems a little... prejudiced against those of us who like to hit things. : V

No new Sam content has been added since I started typing this article. In fact, how about a short event where Sam has to get a job at and we see her in the uniform : )

It's quite late here right now, I may be a little loopy...

• Haha
Feb 14, 2019
I noticed Normal difficulty says "balanced for getting 1 or 2 girls" does that mean there's a time component, like idk, a persona game? Or just that it's much more of a grind, and nothing is stopping you from banging all the chicks? Also, will there be future things that bring up you banging everyone, or will they all act as it's just you and them?

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
It seems there is a bug with learning Aether magic. I've got the trait, I can learn the trait Perpetuity (Does Aether magic only has one trait?), but there are no Aether spells under abilities. I have access to fire, wind, nether and the channels. I've tried if they show up after a level up, saving and loading the game and I even closed and opened the game again.

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
game title: .22D, actual download link .22B ....? I am gonna assume D fixed some bugs, so do the links need to be updated or is the title a typo? (also still no martial arts or fist focused weapons from the beginning Q_Q)

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Out of curiosity,

It mentions that the girls are now sporting identical tails...etc....
I love the fact that it's mentioned but am curious.

How were they NOT identical? I mean, they both had tails when
they initially met the MC, right?

Cheers

Ok, I just noticed a reference to them not having tails, which is what I was
curious about. But I thought in the first images I saw of them they both
already had them. I'll have to go back and check...
Art SNAFU - will be fixed as soon as I remember to do it lol.

Just an fyi.... I just ignored it and went on.
Cheers

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
python:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
python:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801
Divine Dawn 0.22b
Thu Oct 20 13:57:42 2022
Fixed in 22c or d, I forget.

Okay, I haven't played past the intro (to when they start out on the journey) yet on a new start, but I've looked at the new weapons and the revamped writing and overall things are pretty nice. The new intro flows much better, and the new character is quite amusing. (Sam's face is still wibbly though!) The new scenes in the temple are really nice (though Ash's comes across as slightly unfinished, mostly due to the shadow of the PC in the background. Not a deal breaker).

Moving to the nitpicks, which should by no means come across as more significant than the good despite more space given over to them:

Sarah and Ash have their tails already in the temple. This is an art issue and I'm not sure putting them as a new layer in their image so they can appear when appropriate would be worth the trouble, but given it's mentioned specifically several times the art not jibing is worth of mention.

If you choose to ask Sarah to spend the night with you at home, she turns up in her succubus outfit when she should have already been given her new clothes, and then puts on her new clothes in the morning without any mention of her having new clothes if you didn't find her earlier (who doesn't go find Sam?) The description mentions "running a hand over her sweater" though, so her having her new outfit should be the correct continuity.

There's no new Sam content.

There's no option to bounce coins off Metatron's abs.

I haven't tried all the weapons in battle yet, but looking through the ability options for them all I can't see any of them having the specific problem I encountered with my personal favourite - the greatsword. Namely, that it has fewer moves associated with it and they all are characterised by long cooldowns, meaning even if you pick them all, you can run out of appropriate moves to have available for a given fight (mostly single target fights, given two of the six moves are multi-target) and are forced to switch to your backup weapon. Not a gamebreaker, but somewhat immersion breaking. Associated with this, I didn't feel there were any thematically-fitting secondary weapons for a greatsword main. The Strength weapons are all much of a primary type. I couldn't envisage myself sheathing a greatsword to pull out any of the other strength weapons to better match an opponent. With the exception of the mana blade, which has the necessity of trying to stack several different stats. Maybe another weapon could be added which scales with strength but has more of an opportunistic feel? Throwing axes come to mind. Or crossbows, for the heavier draw. Or the longbow and/or unarmed options could be changed to strength - grappling techniques were well known to armoured knights and larger bows absolutely require high strength to pull.

Related, I feel that stances are possibly unbalanced. Currently, you have a larger mana pool if you stack magic, which you'll be doing if you want to learn nd use spells. Magical channels all appear to have an upkeep rate of 0.5 mana a turn. Stances, used by the physical types who won't have as much mana, have an upkeep of 1 mana a turn. Is this intended? I can see the idea of mages being able to have multiple sustained spells going at once, but given some of them are party-wide buffs for the same low cost, it seems a little... prejudiced against those of us who like to hit things. : V

No new Sam content has been added since I started typing this article. In fact, how about a short event where Sam has to get a job at and we see her in the uniform : )

It's quite late here right now, I may be a little loopy...
Sam will get a minor art glowup at some point for the faces, I agree it could use a little work.

Tails thing will be fixed Soon(tm)

Sarah outfit thing fixed!

Sam soon, Metatron abs licking scene Soon(tm) as well

I agree that Greatsword could use more moves. I'm still experimenting with how to balance each weapon (health costs, mana costs, long cooldowns, no cooldowns but has to stack buffs/debuffs, etc) but I'll toss some more in over time.

Greatbow and Alicia/Metatron martial arts will all be primarily/entirely Strength scaling, so you'll have more options for that! In the meantime, IMO the revamped Longsword isn't bad, it's versatile and fast with good options against evasive enemies, so you can swap to that when needed.

Channels in general are a WIP progress-wise - I think the spell channels are generally too cheap and the stances are a little too expensive. I'm considering multiplying everything mana related by ~20 (ex. 20x regen, 20x max mana, ~20x costs) so it can all be integers, and using that opportunity to balance channels/stances a little more granularly. But the core idea of most stances is 'a way to spend mana for non-mages, or mages without access to good spell channels' so their costs aren't critically important so long as it's not higher than whatever you naturally regen.

What does a "more tolerable Sam" mean? I liked her the last time I played the game. :confused:
Sam in general is the same, she just acts a little less like a dudebro at the start and her friendship/trust is stressed a little more.

I noticed Normal difficulty says "balanced for getting 1 or 2 girls" does that mean there's a time component, like idk, a persona game? Or just that it's much more of a grind, and nothing is stopping you from banging all the chicks? Also, will there be future things that bring up you banging everyone, or will they all act as it's just you and them?
There's no time component, don't worry! Easy mode (which will get expanded into a cheat menu... eventually) just makes it less grindy if you want to waifu everyone. Yes, there will be more interaction between characters in the future.

It seems there is a bug with learning Aether magic. I've got the trait, I can learn the trait Perpetuity (Does Aether magic only has one trait?), but there are no Aether spells under abilities. I have access to fire, wind, nether and the channels. I've tried if they show up after a level up, saving and loading the game and I even closed and opened the game again.
Aether is special, it's a 4 part training from Metatron and an additional 1 part from Sarah. You get a few extra unlock traits on top of the generic Aether Initiate, and those are what unlocks the actual spells.

game title: .22D, actual download link .22B ....? I am gonna assume D fixed some bugs, so do the links need to be updated or is the title a typo? (also still no martial arts or fist focused weapons from the beginning Q_Q)
The f95 uploader got confused I think, and renamed them to version b. I downloaded to test and it correctly shows 22d, so it should be fine.

This update was supposed to finish Ashley's martial art, but I got stuck on the opening/weapons so long it didn't happen... but Ashley's martial art is almost done so I can at least do that next time, and then decide between Maya/Alicia/Metatron martial arts as feels appropriate. Sorry for the delay, I'm eager to do them too.

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
Greatbow and Alicia/Metatron martial arts will all be primarily/entirely Strength scaling, so you'll have more options for that! In the meantime, IMO the revamped Longsword isn't bad, it's versatile and fast with good options against evasive enemies, so you can swap to that when needed.
The longsword does seem very viable, but the difference between a longsword and a greatsword fundamentally is 3 to 6 inches of blade. That's what I mean by immersion-breaking. Why would I carry both when they're structurally so similar to each other? It's not a gameplay concern, it's an "I'm an autistic pedant" concern. It could be left as just 'your problem' but you respond to discussion very well so I mention it. Plus it's cool getting to talk about your game, I like your setting.

Sam soon, Metatron abs licking scene Soon(tm) as well
Yeeeeeessssss.

• Haha

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
The longsword does seem very viable, but the difference between a longsword and a greatsword fundamentally is 3 to 6 inches of blade. That's what I mean by immersion-breaking. Why would I carry both when they're structurally so similar to each other? It's not a gameplay concern, it's an "I'm an autistic pedant" concern. It could be left as just 'your problem' but you respond to discussion very well so I mention it. Plus it's cool getting to talk about your game, I like your setting.

Yeeeeeessssss.
Yeah but this is fantasy, so every longsword weighs 80 pounds, is 14 feet long, and oneshots gods. Them's the rules man!

Memeing aside, that's fair haha. A lot of strength weapons are indeed 'centerpiece' weapons. If you end up not liking Alicia's martial art, maybe when I get to dual axes, or axe and shield? I think Greatbow will be good too, Giant Dad archer making Anor Londo look like a documentary.

And hey, I'm always down to talk about it too! This seems relevant;

ob6mnmc7qcb31.jpg

Dev looks so friendly and Great .Automaticly 5 star game for me .im also MGQ enjoyer so lets gooo .
Ayo, glad you're having fun! Much more variety in monster girls is definitely coming soon, deepwoods, plains, and mountains will all have their entries. Coubalt and I have been planning out entirely too much there LOL.

Based Suzuha avatar as well.

Jan 16, 2019
Ayo, glad you're having fun! Much more variety in monster girls is definitely coming soon, deepwoods, plains, and mountains will all have their entries. Coubalt and I have been planning out entirely too much there LOL.

Based Suzuha avatar as well.
Monsters are cute and i like romance .but im mostly angel enjoyer and hard ilias simp xD Suzuha is my favorite character in japanese series especially after reading S;G visual novel .

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
I'm really loving the new beginning. Sam was....kinda much before. I know others probably really loved that banter between them but it was also kinda too much at times for me personally. I realize I'm just one person, but this new opening and Sam is way better written, I'm loving this way more. It went from too much banter to just the right mix of it with legit feelings of friendship instead of just a comedy play. Very well done so far (although I only just started the new update, but already had to comment on this evolved new Sam)

• Red Heart

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
Memeing aside, that's fair haha. A lot of strength weapons are indeed 'centerpiece' weapons. If you end up not liking Alicia's martial art, maybe when I get to dual axes, or axe and shield? I think Greatbow will be good too, Giant Dad archer making Anor Londo look like a documentary.
Greatbow seems up my alley. I made a character in Pathfinder who combined some systems in order to be able to magically turn his weapon into a ballista. Never got to play it, but it's still my sort of approach. The forthcoming martial arts would also fit - do a swing with your sword to break a target and then release the blade to move in close with follow up assaults.

Just noticed you have a discord, I may jump in. But I need to challenge my social issues first, I get really antsy about exposure to new social situations...

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes