MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Personally, I'm still loving the monologues. It'd be one thing if it were the trite bullshit so many AVN protagonists spent their time thinking about (usually just the dev failing "show, don't tell"), but here it's actually insightful, and introspective, and very obviously something we get through the lens of a fallible character. Seriously, I really appreciate that MC isn't always certain, let alone right on the money with his speculation.

Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Personally, I'm still loving the monologues. It'd be one thing if it were the trite bullshit so many AVN protagonists spent their time thinking about (usually just the dev failing "show, don't tell"), but here it's actually insightful, and introspective, and very obviously something we get through the lens of a fallible character. Seriously, I really appreciate that MC isn't always certain, let alone right on the money with his speculation.
There's a narrow line I want to hit. I'm never gonna drop him being thoughtful, but too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

Very insightful post though! I think if I ever get to a game 2 I'll have the MC be a full-on unique character, but in the meantime I've tried to make this MC reasonably well fleshed out for a partial insert. And part of that means making him grow alongside the girls.

Reactions: Mushybird

Nimbu

Mar 30, 2020
hi, I just found a couple of bugs that i want to report . context: I was trying to build a magic archer (i always have love the concept since I played dragon's dogma)and well...

-The trait "mana corrosion": doesn't seem to be working properly since the scaling of Acid shot β it's still a 100% dex instead of a 50% dex/50% mag (i tested it by lowering mag to 15 but it's damage it's still the same as before and his crit is as low as with regular dex scaling).
- "Acid shot β" it's either bugged or the tool tip is incorrect. it says that it inflicts magic damage vulnerability, in reality it only boosts fire damage taken. not magic in general but the extra 5% form mana corrosion seem to apply properly.
-it seems that if you reset your points and forget to reset traits a lot of skills break a little. ex: freezing shot looses his split scaling of 50/50 and becomes 100% mag for some reason and the normal 100% dex skills become i think 50/50 's
-"hunting trance" :i assume that the scaling is not set to 20% is set to 100% since my damage got from 18 to 32 with a 15 points focus and as much as i love it that way i don't think that is the intended effect , imo i think it should be like 40%+ or so, not 20% since it only apply to short bows and 15 points for the trait it is a rather steep price for like 3 points in damage even if you consider the cooldown reduction since it does little for the weapon when you consider the 5 focus trait "flow" and the already low cooldown of short bow skills. but I digress .

I also have a question if i wanted to max crit chance for freezing shot and maybe future magic archer skills should I use focus AKA spell crit or physical crit AKA dex. I want to say dex because the game classifies it as skill (like the other short bow skills) not a spell in combat menus, but I am not sure since the trait crystallise does affect his freeze duration even if the trait specifies cryomance spells .

sandwichs

May 1, 2018
Hello there, really enjoyed the game so far, it's well written and the classes/combat system is fun and varied.

I don't know if it's already been brought up by someone else, but the "targetBleedScaling" doesn't seem to proc for most abilities, I tried setting the scaling of it to 2000 for Flensing Ruin to test, and there seemed to be no effect.

Sorry if this is a bit presumptive, I do love my bleed builds, and the game is really fun.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
hi, I just found a couple of bugs that i want to report . context: I was trying to build a magic archer (i always have love the concept since I played dragon's dogma)and well...

-The trait "mana corrosion": doesn't seem to be working properly since the scaling of Acid shot β it's still a 100% dex instead of a 50% dex/50% mag (i tested it by lowering mag to 15 but it's damage it's still the same as before and his crit is as low as with regular dex scaling).
- "Acid shot β" it's either bugged or the tool tip is incorrect. it says that it inflicts magic damage vulnerability, in reality it only boosts fire damage taken. not magic in general but the extra 5% form mana corrosion seem to apply properly.
-it seems that if you reset your points and forget to reset traits a lot of skills break a little. ex: freezing shot looses his split scaling of 50/50 and becomes 100% mag for some reason and the normal 100% dex skills become i think 50/50 's
-"hunting trance" :i assume that the scaling is not set to 20% is set to 100% since my damage got from 18 to 32 with a 15 points focus and as much as i love it that way i don't think that is the intended effect , imo i think it should be like 40%+ or so, not 20% since it only apply to short bows and 15 points for the trait it is a rather steep price for like 3 points in damage even if you consider the cooldown reduction since it does little for the weapon when you consider the 5 focus trait "flow" and the already low cooldown of short bow skills. but I digress .

I also have a question if i wanted to max crit chance for freezing shot and maybe future magic archer skills should I use focus AKA spell crit or physical crit AKA dex. I want to say dex because the game classifies it as skill (like the other short bow skills) not a spell in combat menus, but I am not sure since the trait crystallise does affect his freeze duration even if the trait specifies cryomance spells .
Some of the weapon traits are broken after changes in 0.22, fixed for 0.23.

The fire damage vulnerability is just a tooltip description error, I fixed a few of those for 0.23 as well.

Crit chance is just based on the ability's scaling. If it has Magic or Insight scaling, it benefits from magic crit. If it has Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, or Agility scaling, it benefits from physical crit. If it has both types of scaling, like Freezing Shot with Dex/Mag, it benefits from both! I'll see if I can make that clear.

Magick archers are dope, that's why both short and longbows have builds supporting it and will get more skills over time!

Hello there, really enjoyed the game so far, it's well written and the classes/combat system is fun and varied.

I don't know if it's already been brought up by someone else, but the "targetBleedScaling" doesn't seem to proc for most abilities, I tried setting the scaling of it to 2000 for Flensing Ruin to test, and there seemed to be no effect.

Sorry if this is a bit presumptive, I do love my bleed builds, and the game is really fun.
Glad you're enjoying it! I THINK I fixed that one, but I'll doublecheck and test it before the next release. Target bleed scaling has been surprisingly difficult to get working right haha.

Reactions: sandwichs and Nimbu

Mushybird

Sep 17, 2021
I gotta say Cryswar, this is a fantastic game so far. It's really struck a good tone with being both insightful and introspective while also being silly and degenerate. I do notice that the game is more focused on it's gameplay than the story (at least so far) so what made you choose Renpy for your engine? Just curious. Keep up the amazing work, and I have only two requests.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2. I think the game could seriously benifit from some combat animation, although I don't know how easy that is to implement in Renpy, so do whatever keep you sane. If you haven't, I highly reccomend playing Dragon's Dogma, as playing this made me start another file on it. Don't know why that is, but oh well. Enjoy yourself!

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I gotta say Cryswar, this is a fantastic game so far. It's really struck a good tone with being both insightful and introspective while also being silly and degenerate. I do notice that the game is more focused on it's gameplay than the story (at least so far) so what made you choose Renpy for your engine? Just curious. Keep up the amazing work, and I have only two requests.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2. I think the game could seriously benifit from some combat animation, although I don't know how easy that is to implement in Renpy, so do whatever keep you sane. If you haven't, I highly reccomend playing Dragon's Dogma, as playing this made me start another file on it. Don't know why that is, but oh well. Enjoy yourself!
Hey, glad you're enjoying it! As an amateur dev I'm kinda winging some aspects of the balance between characters, story, and gameplay - ideally all three will be great in the end, though I think the characters will always be the primary focus.

Renpy... honestly, I didn't want to fuck with RPGM and had heard mixed things about a lot of the more HTML types of games. I started off entirely text-based, but with the hope of art later, so I figured Renpy would be a decent start. To this day I have no idea if it was the right choice, but we're in too deep to turn back now.

Re: the lewds; ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY. Sarah definitely needs it, and Celica could more cervix love taps. I know it's unrealistic, but I don't care, that shit is hot. And impregnation is an "I really want to do this, but later, as I can make it fit" thing. Succubi and angels each have their own lore takes on it to be revealed later.

Animations... okay, so, Renpy is fucking horrible with animations, especially if you want a playable web version. It's not *impossible*, but combat animations and sound effects are going to be complicated, and probably expensive, to sort out. It's something I want to improve on but can't promise anything in the immediate future.

The magic archer shortbow/longbow builds were inspired by Dragon's Dogma, and some of the ability names might have been? It was a flawed game, but I really enjoyed it for a while when it first came out. WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS and TIS WEAK TO FIRE! will haunt me until the end of days.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
The magic archer shortbow/longbow builds were inspired by Dragon's Dogma, and some of the ability names might have been? It was a flawed game, but I really enjoyed it for a while when it first came out. WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS and TIS WEAK TO FIRE! will haunt me until the end of days.
So, Crys, are you telling me... that hobs are weak to ice and fire both?

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
1. More womb-fucking, as unrealistic as it is. Ashley's already done it, but my girl Sarah is getting (not) shafted and that is just not gonna stand with me. Also, if you haven't thought about it, I simply ask that impregnation be considered in the future.
Ashley has such a scene? How could I miss that? Would tell me which one?

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
11/4 Weekly Update
A great week for writing! Ended up with around 12,000-13,000 words in total, covering a good portion of the next story area and some of the characters featured within it. Rosalyn is a sweetheart, and the Harp should be cool.

Various commissions started or ongoing this week, some music, art, etc. More on those as they get further along.

Once I finally finish the Vale I should be pretty close to done here, though I still need to implement Amnelis's first CG and a bit of other stuff before release.

I really didn't think this would drag out so long, buuuut on the other hand 0.23 will probably end up around 4-6 hours of content, so... not actually that bad for ~6 weeks of work LOL.

Enrageder

Jan 10, 2021
Came here to fap but then the humor was so well written. Props dev, the mix between childish crude jokes makes the characters have incredible depth. The internal monologues from MC also help out a lot because I agree a lot w/ what he's saying. Keep up the good work bro!

• Red Heart

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
I couldn't care less for womb-penetration. Actually, the thought of it kinda makes my stomach turn as my mind processes the implications. But it's cool, I can skip those. It's not like I haven't got my own kinks.
Speaking off, the gentle femdom in this game is really good.

Sadly, so far there isn't the perfect fit for me so far as I really like the getting pinned down and dominated by the other party while they shower the character in praise and give hugs, headpats, and kisses. Actually, this game so far is sorely lacking in headpat content in both directions (yes, I am a degenerate, fight me). The existing headpat scenes with our mountain goddess are very good though.

Looking forward to the new update in any case.

• Red Heart
4.50 star(s) 37 Votes