Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I apologize for the radio silence - between Christmas family aggro and an immediate trip out of state, I've had very little internet access or time, and I only had Discord on my phone.

Musicfruit is correct; about a month ago I posted an on itch (and discord/Patreon) of why I was going to try latest-version-paid. You can read the whole thing in the link, but long story short I was running out of money for IRL stuff 'cuz what I made from donations was only enough to cover commissions.

Holiday/travel shenanigans kept me from getting to work on the next update yet, but I'll get rolling on it soon, with a VERY ROUGH ETA around February 6-10. So roughly 1 month of work. I hate giant 2-month-long updates more than anyone here, it's stressful as fuck, but I keep painting myself into a corner with them.

there was a massive update for the game on Dec 21 for patreons. Next one will likely take 3-6 months depending on If Crys gets dommied by butterfly mommy again or not
god I wish Rosalyn would mommydom me tho, nursing handjob or paizuri while calling me a good boy? I'd nut my soul out on the spot.

Reactions: Mushybird and froo

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
I apologize for the radio silence - between Christmas family aggro and an immediate trip out of state, I've had very little internet access or time, and I only had Discord on my phone.

Musicfruit is correct; about a month ago I posted an on itch (and discord/Patreon) of why I was going to try latest-version-paid. You can read the whole thing in the link, but long story short I was running out of money for IRL stuff 'cuz what I made from donations was only enough to cover commissions.

Holiday/travel shenanigans kept me from getting to work on the next update yet, but I'll get rolling on it soon, with a VERY ROUGH ETA around February 6-10. So roughly 1 month of work. I hate giant 2-month-long updates more than anyone here, it's stressful as fuck, but I keep painting myself into a corner with them.

god I wish Rosalyn would mommydom me tho, nursing handjob or paizuri while calling me a good boy? I'd nut my soul out on the spot.
Add the earlier access to the Patreon tier benefits and somewhere in your project description. Even through I’ve read some posts I didn’t saw the new policy. While it’s a shame we ‘freeloaders’ don’t get access right away anymore, it’s understandable so. Eating and paying rent is quite important for game development. Good luck with that change. And by the way, for me you already toped CoC, at last game two. It feels a bit too much quantity over quality now, so many empty places. While your character driven adventure is tighter, even trough some is still missing, like our sugar mommy slime and content inside the city. Is the earth magic trainer at last accessible yet to learn magic?

Edit: 'Freeloader' no more.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Add the earlier access to the Patreon tier benefits and somewhere in your project description. Even through I’ve read some posts I didn’t saw the new policy. While it’s a shame we ‘freeloaders’ don’t get access right away anymore, it’s understandable so. Eating and paying rent is quite important for game development. Good luck with that change. And by the way, for me you already toped CoC, at last game two. It feels a bit too much quantity over quality now, so many empty places. While your character driven adventure is tighter, even trough some is still missing, like our sugar mommy slime and content inside the city. Is the earth magic trainer at last accessible yet to learn magic?

Edit: 'Freeloader' no more.
I won't lie, I feel like I've failed a little bit by having to do this. I really liked having it be free, and I feel like if I just had a better game, worked harder, or hit more popular fetishes, I could have done okay on donations.

Ultimately though, it came down to a choice; do I halve content speed so I can work another job, or do I try to increase content speed by making it a proper job?

I settled on the least-scummy payment scheme I could think of, Itch/eventually Steam gets free updates but fewer previews, while Patrons get more previews and the latest updates.

Thank you for your understanding, I really appreciate it. I've been really pleasantly surprised by how kind people have been about this, especially given how much I stressed it haha.

All I can do in return is focus on making the game the absolute best I can; Itch will hopefully cover life expenses until Steam kicks in to sort them out so I can spend everything I can from Patreon directly on the game and ensure I don't waste anyone's money on dumb shit.

Thank you for your support, and for your kind words as well - I will endeavor to live up to them both! Aspasia will be getting a lot more content this update and *maybe* a CG that I just got a sketch of, and there will be some city content soon as well.

The Earth magic trainer, Alicia, /should/ be in this update if I don't fuck up the schedule too badly as well. I've had her art ready for 2-3 months (if you search "Alicia" in patreon posts you can see it) but never quite found the right moment to introduce her.

--------

To briefly touch on previous posts as well;

Autocast functionality and UI has been improved in 0.23, you can set autocast/manual when you buy them and the right-click ability menu has been updated and reworded.

yep, i would call it "gentle femdom" a femdom where the girl takes the lead in a normal relationship. basically femdom without the cbt,pegging,dominatrix theme,fart and other heavier aspect of it

the coomers that said blowjob, boobjob, are strictly maledom are so wrong imo, these sexual acts can be femdom too depending on the female actor. I've seen so many of these acts depicted in a way that the female actor are dominating the male from third person viewpoint
Gentle femdom is the absolute best man. Female-dominant paizuri/blowjobs are the best too, drain me 'til I can't remember my own name and I'll consider that a good start. Sarah is basically the embodiment of gentle femdom, no mercy but lots of affection.

Because of the wait for the update and the holidays I had to ask myself how a drunk Ashley would be like. :Kappa:
Well, we know that Sarah gets cum-drunk pretty easily, for Ashley... I suspect she'd be a lot more affectionate and honest. I'm not sure if succubi can get normal-drunk given their lack of internal organs, so you might have to donate a lot to get her there.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mushybird

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I won't lie, I feel like I've failed a little bit by having to do this. I really liked having it be free, and I feel like if I just had a better game, worked harder, or hit more popular fetishes, I could have done okay on donations.
Don' be so hard to yourself there. You have better pace than a lot of other developers here. Far far better writing for sure. Also, you have a good variety on fetishes. Once there is butt stuff, I can’t think of much else what people always look for, besides incest. It’s a nice change of pace that there isn’t any and Sam and Celica are just childhood friends. Success isn’t always quality, often it’s more luck. Text based games have it harder, good art is sadly far higher valued here then good writing or good gameplay. Do you have a post on Fenoxos Forum? They do like their text based games there.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019

Don' be so hard to yourself there. You have better pace than a lot of other developers here. Far far better writing for sure. Also, you have a good variety on fetishes. Once there is butt stuff, I can’t think of much else what people always look for, besides incest. It’s a nice change of pace that there isn’t any and Sam and Celica are just childhood friends. Success isn’t always quality, often it’s more luck. Text based games have it harder, good art is sadly far higher valued here then good writing or good gameplay. Do you have a post on Fenoxos Forum? They do like their text based games there.
And thanks for the kind words! I definitely don't intend to give up, especially now that I've accepted a cent from anyone. I decided that before I posted the game at all, and again when I made this switch.

Yeah, if I was smart I would have just made another daz3d game, but I think there are already enough of those haha.

Fenoxo forums are an excellent question admittedly. I considered it at the start, but held off initially because I was still considering loli content. That is a closed book, so I really should post there at some point. Thanks for reminding me, I completely forgot that was a thing!

Reactions: Musicfruit

froo

Oct 27, 2020
It's good to be humble and consider your stance from many points of view, it's bad to be overly harsh on yourself or work until you are burned out. You are doing well and only the most unreasonable assholes could criticize you for this decision, and that comes from a guy that won't donate a cent but is willing to buy the finished product.

Take your time, don't be stressed, and have fun writing your game. I and many others will wait patiently. Good luck.

Andhakara

Jan 13, 2020
And thanks for the kind words! I definitely don't intend to give up, especially now that I've accepted a cent from anyone. I decided that before I posted the game at all, and again when I made this switch.

Yeah, if I was smart I would have just made another daz3d game, but I think there are already enough of those haha.
Don't belittle yourself you bro, u did nothing wrong, u are much better than those cash grab game dev out there. Relax take ur time we will wait. Take care of yourself

• Red Heart

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
It's good to be humble and consider your stance from many points of view, it's bad to be overly harsh on yourself or work until you are burned out. You are doing well and only the most unreasonable assholes could criticize you for this decision, and that comes from a guy that won't donate a cent but is willing to buy the finished product.

Take your time, don't be stressed, and have fun writing your game. I and many others will wait patiently. Good luck.
Fair enough - all I can do is keep working and try to make a great game. So I'll keep trying! Thanks for your patience and understanding again.

Don't belittle yourself you bro, u did nothing wrong, u are much better than those cash grab game dev out there. Relax take ur time we will wait. Take care of yourself
I'll still keep working hard, if things work out here I can get more commissions -> more lewd CGs as well!

Have you thought about setting up a page on Subscribestar as well?
I keep forgetting ngl, I should look into it at some point though. Given that I have vanilla content, idk if it's a necessity when I have a Patreon though. Might not hurt to have though, just in case.

Reactions: Mushybird

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I keep forgetting ngl, I should look into it at some point though. Given that I have vanilla content, idk if it's a necessity when I have a Patreon though. Might not hurt to have though, just in case.
Bit offtopic, but getting a SS page going is definitely not going to hurt. There may be some some trolls here and there who'll accuse you of "double dipping", but it mainly provides a direct way for those who don't use itch.io (if you're there) or who aren't touching patreon with a 10ft pole out of principle to support you.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Bit offtopic, but getting a SS page going is definitely not going to hurt. There may be some some trolls here and there who'll accuse you of "double dipping", but it mainly provides a direct way for those who don't use itch.io (if you're there) or who aren't touching patreon with a 10ft pole out of principle to support you.
Yeah I started selling the game on Itch, and I get not wanting anything to do with Patreon. I'll look into it!

Anything new with Aspasia yet? Wearing her as lewd armor/symbiote?
Not much, I was hoping to do more with her last update but the avalanche of Maya content and Deepwoods Vale taking forever pushed her out. I'll get more for her soon, though no promises on the lewd armor/symbiote thing anytime soon.

Sadly not yet, but there is a lewd sketch on his Patreon for supporter.
Yep, Nor has been doing some amazing sketches lately for a decent variety of characters (Sarah/Metatron, Sam, Rosalyn, Aspasia). Not sure what order we'll do them in yet.

Reactions: spitfire335

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
No worries man. I can wait. Slime girls are worth it. A slime girl as hot as Aspasia especially. Her as a living armor/symbiote....I can hope for that too, even if it won't be anytime soon.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
No worries man. I can wait. Slime girls are worth it. A slime girl as hot as Aspasia especially. Her as a living armor/symbiote....I can hope for that too, even if it won't be anytime soon.
Real talk, I feel the same. I'm REALLY eager to get to higher affection with her, when she gets more possessive and her instincts make her want to be around you - figuratively and literally - as much as possible. Slime baths, slime armor/symbiote, drinking her, there's a lot of room to play into her inhuman nature and unnatural instincts that I am hella hype for.

Just gotta get there first, and she needs a fair amount of development to get to that point believably - I don't want to rush it and reduce her to a walking fetish. She has some similar notes to Metatron as a slow-burn romance, but would probably be more open to casual sex early on, transitioning to much more serious/predatory/emotional sex later as her feelings slowly develop.

tl;dr you have good taste and I will get there at some point!

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
Real talk, I feel the same. I'm REALLY eager to get to higher affection with her, when she gets more possessive and her instincts make her want to be around you - figuratively and literally - as much as possible. Slime baths, slime armor/symbiote, drinking her, there's a lot of room to play into her inhuman nature and unnatural instincts that I am hella hype for.

Just gotta get there first, and she needs a fair amount of development to get to that point believably - I don't want to rush it and reduce her to a walking fetish. She has some similar notes to Metatron as a slow-burn romance, but would probably be more open to casual sex early on, transitioning to much more serious/predatory/emotional sex later as her feelings slowly develop.

tl;dr you have good taste and I will get there at some point!
It's going to be fun. I can imagine it now, with her wanting to be romantic and close to the mc all the time. Why need armor or clothing when Aspasia can protect the mc? Cheers mate, the future looks great!

• Red Heart
4.50 star(s) 37 Votes