Whooohooo

May 1, 2021
just finished the story at 0.23c... have to look again if this was tag with completed
good thing it's not... i rather live with cliffhanger than stuck after so much story build up :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
just finished the story at 0.23c... have to look again if this was tag with completed
good thing it's not... i rather live with cliffhanger than stuck after so much story build up :ROFLMAO:
Don't worry, there's a lot of game left to go! I'm just one amateur dev so it never seems to go as fast as I'd like. I actually just got the commission for the Deepwoods final boss art going this morning, so hopefully next update will have that arc starting to finish up!

Good to see DD still alive and well, with several updates and a lot of new content. Nicely done Crys.
I'm not gonna give up on it! I really do enjoy working on the game, hopefully the Steam launch will help me get to a point where I don't have to worry as much about boring IRL stuff like 'affording groceries' and 'not living in a box' so I can focus everything on the game.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Megatron best girl. Bought the update on itch a month ago or sum. When do you think you can drop the next update
Should be on April 20th alongside the Steam release. I was hoping to do it earlier, but realizing that was coming up, it felt weird to do two three-week cycles instead of just one big one.

Metatron is indeed cute! Thanks for reminding me to make sure she gets something this update as well.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
DDBanner.png
Lots of news today!

Divine Dawn 0.25 is out for supporters, and most importantly, it is now available on Steam! I know it's a pirate site and all, but if you can buy and leave a review there, it'd help a lot. Steam filters visibility for games beneath (I think) 15/30/100? reviews, and with the weird news of Itch lately, Steam is my best bet for keeping this going and actually living on it.

You can get the newest version of the game at these locations;

0.24 is free for everyone, so even if you can't afford to buy the game, there's still new content to enjoy! Plenty of Maya content and a great CG to flesh her out as a little more than "that one annoying dog." There are also Celica cuddles and various other characters getting some love.

0.25 Changelog;
  • Sarah affection 8/10
  • Celica trust 8
  • Sam affection 10
  • Ashley affection 8
  • Metatron conversation 5
  • Charles gets 3 new worldbuilding conversations
  • 7? new armors, with unique stat combinations
  • 30-odd new armor traits
  • 10? new Charisma traits
  • Traits to unlock critical heals
  • Elements and armors all have fancy new icons, courtesy of TheWiseHedgehog!

0.24 Changelog;
  • Maya gets a new conversation about therianthropy, a 10 trust scene, her first martial arts training unlocked, and a new nighttime sex scene with maledom. Bratty dog requires correction.
  • Ashley gets a 6 affection scene
  • Sam gets an 8 trust scene
  • Celica gets evening campfire cuddles
  • Experimental cheat menu! Some functionality is duplicated to see what people like and what I want to stick with/improve on in the future. Be careful with leveling down, that is experimental.
  • Initiative list shows up in combat
  • 24? Charisma abilities + masteries
  • Cryomancy revamp, including a bunch of new/revamped abilities and 6? new traits
  • The they/them army of Sam has been further decimated
  • Assorted bugfixes that I forgot 15 minutes after I put them in, weeks ago. The one I remember is fixing instant ability targeting.

"Wow Crys, why are the traits/abilities listed with question marks?" please be patient, I'm rhubarbed

0.24 download links:

froo

Oct 27, 2020
Divine Dawn 0.25 is out for supporters, and most importantly, it is now available on Steam!
First of all, congrats on another patch.
I know I am being a bother asking the same thing another time but do you expect to have DD on GoG? Earlier I said that I hate to buy unfinished products but I like you and believe in you so I decided to reconsider and I would happily buy it on GoG and leave a review there, mostly because none of my real life friends has an account there so it would be more private for me. I understand that you would like to have more reviews on Steam to manipulate the algorithm so if you insist I would begrudgingly stick to Steam but if I could pick, I'd rather prefer GoG.

Andhakara

Jan 13, 2020
Divine Dawn 0.25 is out for supporters, and most importantly, it is now available on Steam!
Congrats on steam release, It was a long way here honestly kinda feeling proud right now . Just bought the game, will give a review after finishing it.

• Red Heart

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
First of all, congrats on another patch.
I know I am being a bother asking the same thing another time but do you expect to have DD on GoG? Earlier I said that I hate to buy unfinished products but I like you and believe in you so I decided to reconsider and I would happily buy it on GoG and leave a review there, mostly because none of my real life friends has an account there so it would be more private for me. I understand that you would like to have more reviews on Steam to manipulate the algorithm so if you insist I would begrudgingly stick to Steam but if I could pick, I'd rather prefer GoG.
GoG turned out to have some REALLY weird rules on Early Access games that I wasn't willing to agree to, so I'm not putting it on GoG until it's done. Sorry to disappoint, but when you first asked that I hadn't caught onto those rules yet, and the rest of the process didn't seem too bad.

Congrats on steam release, It was a long way here honestly kinda feeling proud right now . Just bought the game, will give a review after finishing it.
Thank you! I appreciate it a lot, I'm definitely not going to hit Fresh Women level popularity, but hopefully, Steam will give me enough income to live on!

Now that I've gotten the core gameplay mostly to where I wanted, I'm hoping to spend the rest of this year really pumping out content and story. I'm a ways behind where I had hoped to be by now and I want to catch up.

Reactions: froo and Mushybird

Lucky_I

May 2, 2021
Screenshot (9).png
(y)

Now to bang my head against the wall for the next 2 hours figuring out a damn build. Gonna be Pathfinder WotR all over again.

• Red Heart

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Got this after meeting the succubi:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/dawncode/lost_temple.rpy", line 1080, in script
"As the three of you enter the tunnel to hell, your partner puts her hand on your shoulder for a moment, slowing you down as the other succubus continues forward, and speaks quietly enough it takes a moment to comprehend her words."
File "game/dawncode/bars.rpy", line 1664, in execute
screen party_screen():
screen party_screen():
File "game/dawncode/bars.rpy", line 1666, in execute
if partner and hasattr(partner, "actorID") and partner.actorID:
File "game/dawncode/bars.rpy", line 1667, in execute
use ally_bars_frame(partner, 1.0, 0.692)
File "game/dawncode/bars.rpy", line 1, in execute
screen ally_bars_frame(ally, xalign, yalign):
File "game/dawncode/bars.rpy", line 3, in execute
hbox:
File "game/dawncode/bars.rpy", line 634, in execute
if ally.status.chill:
File "game/dawncode/bars.rpy", line 634, in <module>
if ally.status.chill:
AttributeError: 'Status' object has no attribute 'chill'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/dawncode/lost_temple.rpy", line 1080, in script
"As the three of you enter the tunnel to hell, your partner puts her hand on your shoulder for a moment, slowing you down as the other succubus continues forward, and speaks quietly enough it takes a moment to comprehend her words."
File "renpy/ast.py", line 921, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1373, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1266, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 930, in do_display
**display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 666, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
screen party_screen():
screen party_screen():
File "game/dawncode/bars.rpy", line 1666, in execute
if partner and hasattr(partner, "actorID") and partner.actorID:
File "game/dawncode/bars.rpy", line 1667, in execute
use ally_bars_frame(partner, 1.0, 0.692)
File "game/dawncode/bars.rpy", line 3, in execute
hbox:
File "game/dawncode/bars.rpy", line 634, in execute
if ally.status.chill:
File "game/dawncode/bars.rpy", line 634, in <module>
if ally.status.chill:
AttributeError: 'Status' object has no attribute 'chill'

• Sad

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
I read the genre tab and saw that there won't be extreme femdom content, but I'll be honest, I'm not really into femdom period, not really maledom either, honestly, so how prevelant is it in this or is it all totally avoidable?

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Oh well, I'll buy it on Steam then.
Sorry to disappoint on the GoG thing - but hope you enjoy it on Steam!

View attachment 2565406
(y)

Now to bang my head against the wall for the next 2 hours figuring out a damn build. Gonna be Pathfinder WotR all over again.
Ayo nice, thank you! I really do recommend the premades if you're just starting, they're simple and strong, but you can make some seriously wacky builds and eke out every bit of strength with a custom start.

Doesn't matter *too* much tho, free respecs mean you can make your preferred build anytime after hitting camp.

Got this after meeting the succubi:
Odd, I'll look into that. Thanks for the report!

I read the genre tab and saw that there won't be extreme femdom content, but I'll be honest, I'm not really into femdom period, not really maledom either, honestly, so how prevelant is it in this or is it all totally avoidable?
It varies, most of the content is fairly even, leaning a bit on the femdom side with some scenes. It's not like uh, woman steps on your dick while calling you a bitch, more like a very horny succ riding you cowgirl or doing an angel in missionary position?

Not sure if that answers your question perfectly, if you don't want ANY hint of maledom or femdom you probably won't like many scenes but I'd describe it as sorta "normal" sex rather than a heavy focus on anyone domming.

Reactions: Vertius

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
View attachment 2563470
Lots of news today!

Divine Dawn 0.25 is out for supporters, and most importantly, it is now available on Steam! I know it's a pirate site and all, but if you can buy and leave a review there, it'd help a lot. Steam filters visibility for games beneath (I think) 15/30/100? reviews, and with the weird news of Itch lately, Steam is my best bet for keeping this going and actually living on it.

You can get the newest version of the game at these locations;

0.24 is free for everyone, so even if you can't afford to buy the game, there's still new content to enjoy! Plenty of Maya content and a great CG to flesh her out as a little more than "that one annoying dog." There are also Celica cuddles and various other characters getting some love.

0.25 Changelog;
  • Sarah affection 8/10
  • Celica trust 8
  • Sam affection 10
  • Ashley affection 8
  • Metatron conversation 5
  • Charles gets 3 new worldbuilding conversations
  • 7? new armors, with unique stat combinations
  • 30-odd new armor traits
  • 10? new Charisma traits
  • Traits to unlock critical heals
  • Elements and armors all have fancy new icons, courtesy of TheWiseHedgehog!

0.24 Changelog;
  • Maya gets a new conversation about therianthropy, a 10 trust scene, her first martial arts training unlocked, and a new nighttime sex scene with maledom. Bratty dog requires correction.
  • Ashley gets a 6 affection scene
  • Sam gets an 8 trust scene
  • Celica gets evening campfire cuddles
  • Experimental cheat menu! Some functionality is duplicated to see what people like and what I want to stick with/improve on in the future. Be careful with leveling down, that is experimental.
  • Initiative list shows up in combat
  • 24? Charisma abilities + masteries
  • Cryomancy revamp, including a bunch of new/revamped abilities and 6? new traits
  • The they/them army of Sam has been further decimated
  • Assorted bugfixes that I forgot 15 minutes after I put them in, weeks ago. The one I remember is fixing instant ability targeting.

"Wow Crys, why are the traits/abilities listed with question marks?" please be patient, I'm rhubarbed

0.24 download links: the usual folder
New armors hmm? I here's hoping that we get that fabled Aspasia as silver slime armor sooner rather than later.

undead_sun

Jan 24, 2021
This game's writing reminds me of... my own writing actually. I used to be an amateur writer for a bit. It's a bit funny and a bit weird to see. I kinda wish your narration would ramble less sometimes and get to the point, no offense.

Tatoba

Dec 18, 2019
Anyone got a download for Divine Dawn 0.21e please. I wanted to see what male Sam was all about before he got thanos snapped.

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes