RPGM Completed Divinion - The Dark Lord Returns [v2.0.1] [Tjord]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Vanndril

Jul 12, 2018
EDIT: Just realized we never found out who that far right person was on the title screen? Or at least I couldn't remember for the life of me.... Did I miss something here? Or is that person part of the other endings?
I'm almost certain that's supposed to be one of the two gnomes in the capital (the male one). He plays a minor part in the true end in a way that means he'll be a party member in the next chapter.

Now on another note... I believe I read somehwere that there are supposedly three endings to the game? normal, true and bad ending.
I only know of two. I don't think I missed any.

Does anyone her perchance have a save file I could use for the other two endings?
Oof. I do have my save...but it includes an item that I edited into the game. I'm not sure Tjord would be okay with me sharing edited game files, so I hesitate to do that. I might be able to edit the added item out of the save for you, so let me look into that.

Edit: Got it~! (y)

I've attached a Slot 35 save file to this post. I managed to remove all instances of that custom item I added without breaking anything, so it'll work for the unedited game (I tested it on a fresh game download from this thread).

The save plugin being used with this game won't recognize a save file for a slot unless that slot already had a save in it at some point, so just adding the file won't work. Make a save in Slot 35, first, to solve this problem. Then, add the save attached to this post to the "Divinion/www/save" folder and choose to overwrite the old file when prompted by your OS.

I added a bunch of stat boosters to the inventory (99 of each) so you can breeze through the final battles.

Last edited:
Reactions: FenrirsBlade

FenrirsBlade

Feb 15, 2019
I'm almost certain that's supposed to be one of the two gnomes in the capital (the male one). He plays a minor part in the true end in a way that means he'll be a party member in the next chapter.

I only know of two. I don't think I missed any.

Oof. I do have my save...but it includes an item that I edited into the game. I'm not sure Tjord would be okay with me sharing edited game files, so I hesitate to do that. I might be able to edit the added item out of the save for you, so let me look into that.

Edit: Got it~! (y)

I've attached a Slot 35 save file to this post. I managed to remove all instances of that custom item I added without breaking anything, so it'll work for the unedited game (I tested it on a fresh game download from this thread).

The save plugin being used with this game won't recognize a save file for a slot unless that slot already had a save in it at some point, so just adding the file won't work. Make a save in Slot 35, first, to solve this problem. Then, add the save attached to this post to the "Divinion/www/save" folder and choose to overwrite the old file when prompted by your OS.

I added a bunch of stat boosters to the inventory (99 of each) so you can breeze through the final battles.
Thank you very much! And I honestly never would have thought that gnome would be of such importance. But thanks for the file!

EDIT: After now seeing the true ending, I REALLY am curious.... Seems like Reina turned all evil again.... Honestly not sure if I should root for her or not. ^^

Last edited:

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Ha ha, that entry is quite outdated at this point :whistle: I was supposed to release the new version around New Years, but I'm stalling, because I actually hit a writer's block when it comes to a beginning to the final chapter.

The game is essentially finished, so it WILL come out sooner or later, but for now, I want to keep my options open as how to end the Divinion's story.

alambert44

Feb 7, 2020
Does anyone else have the game freeze up on them every time they re-enter the den of evil to start the dark lord to hell quest. I've been stuck on this bug for awhile now

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Does anyone else have the game freeze up on them every time they re-enter the den of evil to start the dark lord to hell quest. I've been stuck on this bug for awhile now

If you could send me your savefile, I'll look into it.

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
All right, here you go with the fixed save. That was really stupid omission by me, will be fixed in final release (ETA: This Saturday :))

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
is out. This will be the final release, unless new bugs and typos will force me to dish out a patch (and they probably will :)

vickze

Nov 10, 2018
is out. This will be the final release, unless new bugs and typos will force me to dish out a patch (and they probably will :)
Can you reveal me the POEM words to pass the statue?? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

vickze

Nov 10, 2018
Nothing I turned crazy but...

I was lucky with the 4th poem about that Queen of Maran..

Only with 1 try the statue showed me the poem and allowed me to pass..

Anyway

Mar 19, 2018
How do I beat the spymaster bossfight? He dodges seemingly everything and deals insane amounts of damage because all he does is "into shadows" and "backstab"

EDIT: beat him through sheer luck by actually hitting him for a couple times. but seriously how are you supposed to kill him otherwise?

Last edited:

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
2.0 is up on TF Games, I've downloaded it, but not played it yet.

Vanndril

Jul 12, 2018
I haven't played the last release, yet, but just read the blog post you linked to. A shame this won't continue the "true end" path, as i was rather looking forward to it. But I admit that I was also wondering how you could possibly end a story with a non-pure evil villainous protagonist in a way that was satisfying in just one more chapter, and I see that you had the same concern. I'll forever burn with a desire to know how the true end path would have ended, but I understand completely why you decided not to continue it and ended it there.

I do want to ask, however... How relevant is Mind Control to the Part 2 story? And, if relevant, is the source of the Mind Control the player character or the antagonist? My interest in this short series of games started with its heavy focus on Mind Control and Corruption, so I'm curious. I'll eventually play through Part 2 regardless, but I'd like to know if I should play it when in the mood for some good Mind Control or when I'm just in the mood for finishing a story. I just don't want to go in anticipating Mind Control only to feel let down when the game ends and the story never gets any of it, as it would hinder my ability to enjoy the story itself if that happened.

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
It has been, in fact, completed :) (The game, not the story though).

As for MC and Corruption, because it's a really big spoiler, I will send you a PM Vanndril (since those two fetishes seem to be a deal-breaker with you.)

Last edited:
Reactions: MachoGuy
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes