5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

pemoj

Feb 26, 2019
just this morning i got up and think "wait, Illa wouldn't bother with saying that... she would just kill the Dog immediately" :p and, here comes another day of rewrite :D
That's more or less the essence of the idea. Right now I'm writing a long novel. And just following the natural flow of events, the story, the characters' personalities and lives, and from time to time answering/deciding some key questions, it all comes out. From whole chapters to scenes, sentences, dialogues and even small details that add richness to the whole. Good works, no matter if it's literature or whatever, it's those little details that really add quality to the work. And all starting from a general and vague idea that I had before I started writing. Because before I started writing, I polished the general story and gave life to the characters. But it's not good to get obsessed with small details either. Write, read, and if you like what you read, don't change it. If it's coherent with the story, the characters and the scene and it's well written, there's no need to change it. If you notice that something is lacking or missing or something you don't like, something is wrong. Read, think, write and if you like it, go ahead. Constantly rewriting something you think is good just adds wasted time and unnecessary delays. At most a few sentences, not big texts. Only if it is really required. And I repeat again, with or without AI, you are doing quite well.

Reactions: garbage.kun

Xhenet

Jun 10, 2021
Hey there,

I just played the first release of your game, and I have to say, it’s absolutely lovely! The visuals are stunning, and it’s clear you’ve put a lot of effort and time into developing it. There’s so much potential here!

Even though it’s early days, I’m already hooked. The world you’re building is so intriguing, and I’m excited to see where it goes.

Thanks for sharing your hard work with us. I can’t wait to see what’s next and watch the game evolve.

Wishing you all the best and good luck with everything, my friend! Keep up the amazing work.

Cheers!

Apr 14, 2019
thank you very much :D i am genuinely happy every time i found people who liked this :D

thank you very much :D

yes, i understand completely your thought about the sex scenes, because that's is exactly what i thought about this update :(

there is actually already some rough sketches and text drafts (which i can't remember if i removed them from this update or not) that gave you another option before the sex scene in the stone altar where (ok, i honestly dont know how the tags will fit into this) illa controls the servant as you ravish the girl.

but writing a sex scene is very time consuming in both animating the scenes and describing it, and I needed to get some plot points across first in order for this update to be releasable.

this is actually the reason for the library, because once its implemented, you could just replay them and try the alternative sex scene :D

I'm glad you felt that way about having some control over them. I also enjoyed it in other games where we are given similar choices :D

Thank you for your suggession about subscribestar. Gosh I hate doing the entire registration and review process again though hahaah :D

Ah, Rise of the Orcs. I still keep it in my harddrive :D it could use some improvement, but its very unique compared to other games. Yep, we need more goblins :D although i have to warn you, it will probably take some time to reach any goblin sex in this game because i will need the plot to reach a point where i can introduce a heroine that the player wouldn't mind giving to them 0_0a;;;

well, fellow goblin connoiseur, here's two rough sketches that relates to that (disclaimer, this is some old work and lacking any thorough quality improvement that goes into a final product:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for your very nice reply. I think that your spoiler made me even more excited for the future of this game.

I don't particularly enjoy NTR so I will want to keep this wonderful waifu for MC, but then again Frogs got to eat too, I suggest you don't make the girl too fancy, think how Goblin Slayer essentially obscured the rape victims and spent milliseconds for them on screen so they don't become LIs, maybe you could serve it as a spoil of war or something similar, so the player does not feel cheated.
However, the scene you provided is already pretty hot, so regardless of my suggestions, I like your writing and I would love to see your story, with your fantasies in place. As for the sex scenes, considering that this is an erotic game, you could flesh it out, this is something that Rise also did inadequately, you have domination going on and it is done in 2 scenes - 4 screenshots and an animation. I believe it would benefit from multiple poses, or a goal, a mini plot of what happened during that session, maybe the girl got a Stockholm syndrome love going on, or they mentioned something that appealed to the human side of the MC, or something was to be gained. Then you can have "throwaway" content like sex service next to the throne, or while sitting with them, unassociated from the general plot. Other Gobo/Orc games do dungeons for that.

In any case, as the rest of the commenters have observed, your writing skills and story setup (along with the actual technical presentation) is far above the average and you should continue with your vision. I will support you on SubscribeStar, but not on Patreon, as I have closed my account after they killed all my favorite VNs.

One last thing, it struck me as odd. The remaining villagers, while rounded up in the hut, where the blonde girl was, where supposed to be terrified of the presence of the Lady in black, the terrifying monster that MC is, and a host of Goblins ready to actually eat them. It is cognitively dissassociating and immersion breaking for them to be horny or pretty much anything else than deathly terrorized. Like someone just had his entirely family and house blown up, and immediately got a hard on by a girl getting probably killed. Kind of weird, or maybe just me.

P.S. It is up to you, but please, make harmful, bloody, vore or guro content avoidable or give a warning. I detest violence on my LIs, and I would like for the option to not harm them (more than the plot requires). Even if you give some to the goblins, please give us the option to keep them alive and (fairly) unharmed.
Sorry for the wall of text.

garbage.kun

Jun 8, 2018
No prob.

It flatters me to find people are enthusiastic about the direction of my work.

I'll address each point separately, but I don't want to disappoint you, so I think it would be better for me to say this first:

Although i very much would like to create scenes with the goblins (its a personal interest of mine), I don't think it would come in the immediate future because there are other parts that still needs to be done before a "worthy"/"memorable" sex scene with the goblins is possible.

A lot of buildup and scenes that shows the heroine's character need to be established beforehand, and honestly, i'm a bit overwhelmed when i realized how little i have progressed in my complete plot notes :D

in conclusion:

i'll do it when the time is right, i guess. but i can't promise anything, because right now my thoughts are on another plot point :) and I don't want to put in a goblin sex that feels like just another checkbox marked (trust me, all my friends agree that I'm too much of a perfectionist and tends to ends up in a "its not good enough" paralysis :D)

for now, i'll probably make some one off renders as practice when i need a break, trying to find an interesting situation/context where a goblin x heroine sex would be particularly hot:D

now, on to the more important stuff. goblinss!! :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sorry for the wall of text.
no prob :D and i'm sorry if my answer is disappointing 0_0

garbage.kun

Jun 8, 2018
Hey there,

I just played the first release of your game, and I have to say, it’s absolutely lovely! The visuals are stunning, and it’s clear you’ve put a lot of effort and time into developing it. There’s so much potential here!

Even though it’s early days, I’m already hooked. The world you’re building is so intriguing, and I’m excited to see where it goes.

Thanks for sharing your hard work with us. I can’t wait to see what’s next and watch the game evolve.

Wishing you all the best and good luck with everything, my friend! Keep up the amazing work.

Cheers!

Thank you very much for your generous review :D it's very nice to feel that the effort is enjoyed by other people.

I hope the next update (when it's done...) would be good enough too :D

garbage.kun

Jun 8, 2018
just a little Quality of Life improvement, concerning the previously lacking text speed setting and quickmenu :D

Reactions: pemoj

pemoj

Feb 26, 2019
just a little Quality of Life improvement, concerning the previously lacking text speed setting and quickmenu :D

7-8-2024 9.8.10 1.jpg
Thanks for the post. Since the topic has become personal, I have to make a personal response. Two of the first things I do when I open a new Ren'py project is to mute the sound (not this time given the theme of the game) and have the text appear automatically. I prefer it that way. Regarding the quick menu, I use a lot the "skip" option to avoid wasting time with text and scenes already seen. Very useful when you have to start from scratch, load from a previous point, follow another branch of the story, etc. I use less the "History" option. I know I can rollback the text, but I often use Universal Renpy Mod (aka cheats), and in the past I sometimes had serious problems when I did it. I either use history option or I save, use rollback and then reload to know I'm not going to have problems.

I appreciate that you do things with the community in mind, but I repeat: don't waste too much time with these things. Even if you know what you are doing, the search for perfection is a process that requires more time and effort than usual. It's fine to strive for some perfection, but not perfect perfection. By the way, using URM has allowed me to see that the code is indeed complex. And that is not the objective of the mod...

Reactions: garbage.kun

garbage.kun

Jun 8, 2018
View attachment 3907044
Thanks for the post. Since the topic has become personal, I have to make a personal response. Two of the first things I do when I open a new Ren'py project is to mute the sound (not this time given the theme of the game) and have the text appear automatically. I prefer it that way. Regarding the quick menu, I use a lot the "skip" option to avoid wasting time with text and scenes already seen. Very useful when you have to start from scratch, load from a previous point, follow another branch of the story, etc. I use less the "History" option. I know I can rollback the text, but I often use Universal Renpy Mod (aka cheats), and in the past I sometimes had serious problems when I did it. I either use history option or I save, use rollback and then reload to know I'm not going to have problems.

I appreciate that you do things with the community in mind, but I repeat: don't waste too much time with these things. Even if you know what you are doing, the search for perfection is a process that requires more time and effort than usual. It's fine to strive for some perfection, but not perfect perfection. By the way, using URM has allowed me to see that the code is indeed complex. And that is not the objective of the mod...
hahaha :D

don't worry about it. I was (still am) a coder. Like i said in the post, to me, its actually something like a where i could turn off my brain for a while, and just type, since i already know how to do it/which part to change i can enjoy seeing the code slowly take form.

its kinda like how people knit to enjoy their time :p

Last edited:
Reactions: pemoj
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes