DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
well fans have wanted bestiality since it's was in tags since early days of dmd.
It was actually planned to be in the main game originally? I guess a lot of stuff was planned but abandoned then.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
It was actually planned to be in the main game originally? I guess a lot of stuff was planned but abandoned then.
it was never "planned" at all. On first release MrDots unfortunately put a list with all tags which MAYBE could happen, and there has been bestiality on it, that's true. But this has been removed really quick after a few days, and since 2018 we tell people that bestiality will not happen. Still some "special users" constantly drag out that very first "possible content list" out of some archive and claim it HAS to be done, just it was published before.
There has never been any promise at all, and things may change over time - just like lolli for example. 2018 no one cared about lolli content, but nowadays you will get banned nearly everywhere, even also over here on f95.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
that's exactly what i was talking about - you should stop dragging some dusty old files from archives. Things can change, and things have changed very soon.
That's from the very first ALPHA 2016
1725549815651.png
And since early 2018 we tell people that bestiality is off table - it has even never been really considered to be in this game. All that old list is about POSSIBLE kinks which MIGHT happen - but we decided aginst bestiality in a very early state. Just people never wanted to listen and again and again claimed that file to be a "law" to be executed.

SO to finally stop this useless discussion, even more as DMD is FINISHED and nothing will change anymore anyways, i rather go back on working on our new game, which is all that matters NOW.

Last edited:

kingiceeyes

Aug 2, 2021
that's exactly what i was talking about - you should stop dragging some dusty old files from archives. Things can change, and things have changed very soon.
View attachment 4003308
And since early 2018 we tell people that bestiality is off table - it has even never been really considered to be in this game. All that old list is about POSSIBLE kinks which MIGHT happen - but we decided aginst bestiality in a very early state. Just people never wanted to listen and again and again claimed that file to be a "law" to be executed.

SO to finally stop this useless discussion, even more as DMD is FINISHED and nothing will change anymore anyways, i rather go back on working on our new game, which is all that matters NOW.
I would like to say a word...hoping to have understood the discussion well chewing little English...the creators of the game have chosen a precise line excluding some content...this line must be respected even if in the past they had a different idea (and I do not think) so enjoy and enjoy the masterpiece they have done and enough with unnecessary controversy...I hope to see soon the release of part 2 fantasy scenes that seen how much I liked the first I’m dying to see the second. If there is any update I hope to have it and thanks for listening :)

Reactions: Hyperserver

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
View attachment 4003308
And since early 2018 we tell people that bestiality is off table
Well yes! maybe I will when the dissembling stops.

It was always planned from the beginning in 2016, I only joined in 2020 and the promise (and tags) were still there; it only got redacted much later.

Yes, plans changed, but that had less to do with integrity of purpose than with protecting revenue. The clamor of the vanilla crowd as well as the revenue platform restrictions necessitated the change. I can live with that, but not the "IT WAS NEVER PLANNED".

The inclusion and quality of the fantasy scene alone shows that the muse has never been lost, it's just the original audience that has been discarded.

Last edited:

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018

It was always planned from the beginning in 2016, I only joined in 2020 and the promise (and tags) were still there; it only got redacted much later.

Yes, plans changed, but that had less to do with integrity of purpose than with protecting revenue. The clamor of the vanilla crowd as well as the revenue platform restrictions necessitated the change. I can live with that, but not the "IT WAS NEVER PLANNED".

The inclusion and quality of the fantasy scene alone shows that the muse has never been lost, it's just the original audience that has been discarded.
well - you clearly don't know how we develop our games.
Do you really think we decided and fleshed out every single scene right from the start? Do you think, even if we wanted to, we would be able to plan ahead for years?
First it has been MrDots himself alone who wrote that list what MAYBE will be in there, still with no plans at all - the only "plan" was the main story arc in mind (Daughter getting back to her dad and falling in love).
Nothing more.
2018, the (now) main writer joined the team and they were 2 people. After that, Jeff Steel joined the team and helped to flesh out scenes (he left middle of 2022). At that time (between 2018 and 2020) it became more and more obvious that any kind of bestiality could never match the main story arc and not even closely match the shy, innocent daughters character.
Since 2020 we constantly announced that there were never specific/detailed plans about putting in bestiality as scenes got more and more fleshed out and story arcs got more in depth. Yes, we considered about bestiality - CONSIDERED = there were talks whether it could be or not, and it had very soon been decided that it will NOT be. Not every consideration has to lead to a "yes".
We never lied to people and told them anything which isn't true. All time, we communicated clearly what to expect and more than that, what NOT to expect.
MrDots himself calls it the "biggest and most idiotic mistake he ever made" to publish any list with considerable tags before it was even decided whether they will be in there or not - even more as there were no fleshed out plans at all for ANY scene (even casual scenes).
Judge us for that, that mistake Dots made at the very first start to publish a list without even really thinking about in detail, we have to swallow - but there's no reason to continue to argue over some content which was never confirmed or promised to be in there - more the opposite.

EDIT:
PS: if you claim that the bestiality content in fantasy scene update 1 shows our passion still to be alive, you should know that no one of the people involved in that scene were member at that time. Mistress elemental joined the team just last year (he did that scene)

EDIT2:
It also should be mentionned that even in fantasy scenes there shouldn't be any bestility content at all. I used a personal favor on MrDots (he lost a bet to me) and cashed it in by forcing him to agree to ONE scene - as kind of apology for all the inconveniences at first start. It was a hard time to convince him to give in though - just saying!

Last edited:

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
it was never "planned" at all. On first release MrDots unfortunately put a list with all tags which MAYBE could happen, and there has been bestiality on it, that's true. But this has been removed really quick after a few days, and since 2018 we tell people that bestiality will not happen. Still some "special users" constantly drag out that very first "possible content list" out of some archive and claim it HAS to be done, just it was published before.
There has never been any promise at all, and things may change over time - just like lolli for example. 2018 no one cared about lolli content, but nowadays you will get banned nearly everywhere, even also over here on f95.
Alright, that makes a lot more sense.

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
I don't care specifically about bestiality, even less now that there's one scene, but if there's ever another DmD Fantasy episode, I want it to be clear that it's not to get more 1 on 1 Vanilla scenes. I want to see gangbangs, orgies, with or without F included, I don't care one way or another about NTR, I just want to see Dee and her female friends fucking and sucking in cool scenes with multiple men and/or women. I also include lesbian sex in what I don't want to see (there's one scene now anyway).
And yes, to me new game is also as bland as possible, but I don't wish for failure on the team, if it makes money good for them. I just hope we'll get another DmD Fantasy one day, whatever the success of new game is.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
And yes, to me new game is also as bland as possible, but I don't wish for failure on the team, if it makes money good for them. I just hope we'll get another DmD Fantasy one day, whatever the success of new game is.
well new game has just started so no big things on it yet.

last fantasy update is still coming, no date given.

Kratas1337

Nov 21, 2019
EDIT2:
It also should be mentionned that even in fantasy scenes there shouldn't be any bestility content at all. I used a personal favor on MrDots (he lost a bet to me) and collected it in by forcing him to agree to ONE scene - as kind of apology for all the inconveniences at first start. It was a hard time to convince him to give in though - just saying!
First of all, thanks for that. It was well written and I'm happy that you got him to agree at the expense of you cashing in your bet.

EDIT:
PS: if you claim that the bestiality content in fantasy scene update 1 shows our passion still to be alive, you should know that no one of the people involved in that scene were member at that time. Mistress elemental joined the team just last year (he did that scene)
That person has some talent writing this kind of stuff. Are they related to any project that does feature it? Bit of a waste honestly.

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
well new game has just started so no big things on it yet.
Sure, it just began, but even then, anybody can judge how many female characters he likes, and how vanilla it will be. And, that's just personal, but last time I checked, I liked one milf character, and I thought MC was less annoying than previous one. And that was it.
Also, you can notice that everybody refers to the new game as "new game". Nobody remembers the title. Not a good sign. Either the title is too generic, or the game doesn't have anything remarkable yet that would make people remember its name, even if it was a generic one.

Reactions: crugh2112

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Sure, it just began, but even then, anybody can judge how many female characters he likes, and how vanilla it will be. And, that's just personal, but last time I checked, I liked one milf character, and I thought MC was less annoying than previous one. And that was it.
Also, you can notice that everybody refers to the new game as "new game". Nobody remembers the title. Not a good sign. Either the title is too generic, or the game doesn't have anything remarkable yet that would make people remember its name, even if it was a generic one.
thief of hearts. :p

no didn't look it.

it has new game status until it has more updates.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
not impossible, but VERY unlikely though. We ended SL a bit earlier than we intented to originally becasuse it hadn't the success we hoped for. Do you think we use our ressources on fantasy update then? We rather focus on our actual project(s)
To be fair (and I know you will disagree with this), SL not having the success you hoped for was self-inflicted. From the DMD drama over NTR/Vanilla, and that SL basically had the same sort of drama near end. You pretty much completely alienated the NTR/hardcore fans and the vanilla fans have lost some trust as well.

Hopefully the new game is more focused (like Melody was) and you don't walk into the same pitfalls again.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

That content being "planned" or not overshadows the real issue. Simply put, the tag was there, nobody can debate that. And because of that many people waited for that content for years. Jeff Steel talked about it on here (one of the writers/helpers MrDots used to have), more or less saying MrDots liked that content but he (Jeff Steel) and the writer do not. MrDots even teased such things in some of his development posts and in game as well. They never explicitly said "No, this game will not have X content", they just tried to play both sides of the coin.

Which, in the end, resulted in what I posted above.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
To be fair (and I know you will disagree with this), SL not having the success you hoped for was self-inflicted. From the DMD drama over NTR/Vanilla, and that SL basically had the same sort of drama near end. You pretty much completely alienated the NTR/hardcore fans and the vanilla fans have lost some trust as well.

Hopefully the new game is more focused (like Melody was) and you don't walk into the same pitfalls again.
no ntr on dots games besides shortly in sl when vic and mc's sister had sex in hotel as some saw 2 girls having sex as ntr).

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
I don't care specifically about bestiality, even less now that there's one scene, but if there's ever another DmD Fantasy episode, I want it to be clear that it's not to get more 1 on 1 Vanilla scenes. I want to see gangbangs, orgies, with or without F included, I don't care one way or another about NTR, I just want to see Dee and her female friends fucking and sucking in cool scenes with multiple men and/or women. I also include lesbian sex in what I don't want to see (there's one scene now anyway).
This. It's also not my thing *at all* but it's more about ever having listed things that will be included while actually taking the most vanilla path possible. Mistake or not, pre-planned or not, it was claimed. Period. There is no explaining away how or why DMD was claimed to be one thing and then becoming so vanilla. Fear of Patreon or whatever payment service they use? Lack of imagination? Catering to their mlst loyal paypigs? No idea and don't care at this point.

I already had the back and forth with the dev above about a year ago and I'm only back because someone liked a very old comment I made. DMD as we know it is washed and depleted. There is a reason the main thread was so full of yawning indifference towards the end of the story.
If your "fantasy" additions are just more of the same vanilla, don't waste your time. JMHO.

A genuine good luck to the devs on their new game! I would only recommend changing up their formula as a lot of their style is, IMO, outdated and repetitive. Sunshine Whatever (love?) was boring af. It just was and I'm not alone in that opinion. The MrDots style needs an update...unless that's what a few big paypigs want and, by all means, cater to the people paying you.

Don't take any risks and maybe, possibly create something people will remember fondly beyond their temporary boners. Don't do that, lol.

Now back to completely forgetting about DMD.

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes