VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Anyone have any theories as to the whether or not the title of the game will have an impact on the story?
"Hellenistic astrology connected 'The Dog Days of Summer' with heat, drought, sudden thunderstorms, lethargy, fever, mad dogs, and bad luck."

Is the true antagonist of the game.. the weather?

Or maybe it's simply a part of the Mom route ending: A classy scene of Viv and Mom sipping Mimoas on a beach together:
"These Dog Days of Summer, amirite?"

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BlackWebGames

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Anyone have any theories as to the whether or not the title of the game will have an impact on the story?
"Hellenistic astrology connected 'The Dog Days of Summer' with heat, drought, sudden thunderstorms, lethargy, fever, mad dogs, and bad luck."
I dont know but if i remember right there is a mention of hot weather inside the game and women turn into lesbian.
We already know that Tara has something to do with lesbian thing but how about weather then?

About antagonist I've been thinking about Malina and her connection to the Mafia or a criminal organization.
Malina->Beca->Viv's Mom-> Possible blackmail or some like that(?)

The official “dog days” of summer begin on July 3 and end on August 11.

I have to play the game again this weekend for the Dog Days ;)

Reactions: Mograx

BigAlzBub

Jul 20, 2020
Not every story has an Antagonist, in fact very few VNs do. VNs tend to be towards "the slice of life" type of story. Not that you can't have an Antagonist within a VN, it is easily doable. A lot of VN authors write their work as serials and thus don't have a metaplot, sure you can have an Antagonist without an overarching story, but when you are focusing on what happens next episode, it is easy to "get lost in the weeds" and forget (or just not bother with) big plot elements.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Not every story has an Antagonist, in fact very few VNs do. VNs tend to be towards "the slice of life" type of story. Not that you can't have an Antagonist within a VN, it is easily doable. A lot of VN authors write their work as serials and thus don't have a metaplot, sure you can have an Antagonist without an overarching story, but when you are focusing on what happens next episode, it is easy to "get lost in the weeds" and forget (or just not bother with) big plot elements.
Take AWAM as an example. It's only one of five routes that even needs an antagonist (and it has two). The other four major routes work fine without an antagonist.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Update Monday
Alright. I will admit I had something of a writers block this past month in finishing the party. It's one of those I know what I want to happen but actually writing it was just not happening. So instead I went through and re did several images, fixed some coding problems, played through the game several times to make sure everything was working and all the paths were moving fluidly into each other and worked on some other paths to make sure everything was mostly at the same point in the story.
Then like the meme of the guy looking shocked at the party, Yesterday at my birthday party I had a moment of revelation of what I wanted to do and even left early so I could work on it. So it's not fully done yet but it is close, I hope to have v.5 up tomorrow or the next day, so just bare with me a while longer.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Update Monday
Alright. I will admit I had something of a writers block this past month in finishing the party. It's one of those I know what I want to happen but actually writing it was just not happening. So instead I went through and re did several images, fixed some coding problems, played through the game several times to make sure everything was working and all the paths were moving fluidly into each other and worked on some other paths to make sure everything was mostly at the same point in the story.
Then like the meme of the guy looking shocked at the party, Yesterday at my birthday party I had a moment of revelation of what I wanted to do and even left early so I could work on it. So it's not fully done yet but it is close, I hope to have v.5 up tomorrow or the next day, so just bare with me a while longer.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
A fun and hot game. Reminds me of old Japanese vn. Where the girls not only had different breast sizes, hair and eye color, but different personalities, kinks and issues. Maybe even a story behind each for the player to uncover. Where choices led to different paths. And the art is nice to look at too. ;)
I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but playing a dominant Viv I went to the party with mom and spent the night with her. The next day went to the atelier to meet Des. But I got a picture of "standard" Viv when posing for Des. Unlike in a previous route with Des without mom. Viv showed up as her dominant self.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
By the way. Is the threesome with Des and Becca after the party a one time thing or will it lead to it's own path?

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Yes! Viv can have two pets, a cute one and naughty one. :D Now add mom and she will have her own harem. :ROFLMAO:

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Becca is rich, isn't she? They can move in with her. And employ Mrs. Harper as a maid to do all the chores. :devilish::D

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes