VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Just downloaded this a couple of days ago, and I've already explored sub and dom paths and played different playthroughs focused on specific romances, but I'm kinda struggling with Eva:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, loving this refreshing story. It's rare to find a female lesbian protag with a realistic story (even when it includes fantasy elements), so thanks BlackWeb!
Hm, don't have a sleep over with Des and don't tell her about the party. Tell Eva about the party when you meet her at school. Tell mom you will consider whether to go to the party. And try going without her. I'm sorry I can't tell you the exact path to take as I didn't follow Eva's route. But the first part should remove Des from the equation. Maybe you can lie to mom that you won't go and then go anyway.
Try also the dev's other game MLS. Especially if you like romantic stories. ;)
Another realistic game with a female protagonist and a lesbian route is Free pass.
Another good story driven one is Bad memories.
And if you want something dirtier, try Girl life. :sneaky:

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Hm, don't have a sleep over with Des and don't tell her about the party. Tell Eva about the party when you meet her at school. Tell mom you will consider whether to go to the party. And try going without her. I'm sorry I can't tell you the exact path to take as I didn't follow Eva's route. But the first part should remove Des from the equation. Maybe you can lie to mom that you won't go and then go anyway.
Try also the dev's other game MLS. Especially if you like romantic stories. ;)
Another realistic game with a female protagonist and a lesbian route is Free pass.
Another good story driven one is Bad memories.
And if you want something dirtier, try Girl life. :sneaky:
Precisely. Don't invite Des to sleep over, tell Eva about the party, then lie to Mom about going.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Precisely. Don't invite Des to sleep over, tell Eva about the party, then lie to Mom about going.
Now I wonder... Mom tells Viv not to go. Viv comments that mom shouldn't have a problem with her going. Yet this time she really doesn't want her to go... Did mom know about Malina? o_O Or at least suspect something? :( What gives? :confused:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Alley_Cat

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Now I wonder... Mom tells Viv not to go. Viv comments that mom shouldn't have a problem with her going. Yet this time she really doesn't want her to go... Did mom know about Malina? o_O Or at least suspect something? :( What gives? :confused:
Not sure. Will admit I haven't paid much attention to the conversations with Malina and Shanna since they're not really significant for the Viv/Mom/Eva route.

Meanwhile, I've been playing around with Viv in a schoolgirl outfit, and realised that in Rhode Island (that I assume the laws of New Amsterdam are based on), the age of consent is 16. So that's around 5 years that Mom has had to restrain herself around Viv and not try and seduce her.

• Haha
Reactions: Cygnus X-1

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
I didn't comfort Des nor I invited her to sleep over, I told Eva about the party and even went with her shopping and totally lied mum about the party, but Des still showed up to the party. It doesn't matter if I choose to side with Eva in the argument, she ends up living and Des ends up making out with Viv regardless of my previous choices

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Not sure. Will admit I haven't paid much attention to the conversations with Malina and Shanna since they're not really significant for the Viv/Mom/Eva route.

Meanwhile, I've been playing around with Viv in a schoolgirl outfit, and realised that in Rhode Island (that I assume the laws of New Amsterdam are based on), the age of consent is 16. So that's around 5 years that Mom has had to restrain herself around Viv and not try and seduce her.
Yeah, that's remarkable restraint. :LOL: That she hasn't jumped her in those five years. :D
Are you going to add mom trying to seduce her and Viv looking all innocent? ;) To rectify this mistake. :sneaky: :LOL:

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I didn't comfort Des nor I invited her to sleep over, I told Eva about the party and even went with her shopping and totally lied mum about the party, but Des still showed up to the party. It doesn't matter if I choose to side with Eva in the argument, she ends up living and Des ends up making out with Viv regardless of my previous choices
It worked for the mom path. Except I didn't tell Eva about the party. And convinced mom to go with Viv. And only mom and Viv were at the party. No Des nor Eva.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
It worked for the mom path. Except I didn't tell Eva about the party. And convinced mom to go with Viv. And only mom and Viv were at the party. No Des nor Eva.
I know that works for the mum path, I already finished that one :p
What I wanted was go to the party with EVA and without mum, but Des keeps showing up to the party too despite me treating her badly on purpose, and then when the argument between Eva and Des happens, it doesn't matter what you choose, it ALWAYS ends up with Viv and Des making out and then having sex and then acting like they're suddenly in love. And this after I've been telling Eva aaall this time I want something more with her while treating Des like shit.
The only way to completely avoid Des is sleeping with Rebecca, but I also don't want that cause it turns out Eva ends up noticing you did and she seems hurt

• Thinking Face

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
What I wanted was go to the party with EVA and without mum, but Des keeps showing up to the party too despite me treating her badly on purpose, and then when the argument between Eva and Des happens, it doesn't matter what you choose, it ALWAYS ends up with Viv and Des making out and then having sex and then acting like they're suddenly in love. And this after I've been telling Eva aaall this time I want something more with her while treating Des like shit.
The only way to completely avoid Des is sleeping with Rebecca, but I also don't want that cause it turns out Eva ends up noticing you did and she seems hurt
Did you help Eva with the test? To cheat or help her with it? I think to really follow Eva's path you should help her with it. That leaves Des heart broken. But you should end up with Eva. Yeah, I remember reading about that in an old walkthrough. But didn't try it myself as I didn't want to break Des's heart (sorry, I prefer Des).

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I just did a quick playthrough. Gave Eva the paper, lied to Mom about the party, like I said. Des turned up, but was drugged for most of it. Didn't notice Eva being hurt if Viv sleeps with Rebecca. More impressed and jealous. And ended up sleeping with Eva after the party anyway.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I just did a quick playthrough. Gave Eva the paper, lied to Mom about the party, like I said. Des turned up, but was drugged for most of it. Didn't notice Eva being hurt if Viv sleeps with Rebecca. More impressed and jealous. And ended up sleeping with Eva after the party anyway.
I have tried to find a way to go to the party without Eva as well. From what I can tell there is only Des, Des+Eva, Mom and Mom+Eva paths. There is no solo path and no Eva path for the party.

My preferred solo Eva route is to not go to the party, help Eva actually do the homework (not cheat), go shopping with Eva, reject Mom and live with Eva.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Did you help Eva with the test? To cheat or help her with it? I think to really follow Eva's path you should help her with it. That leaves Des heart broken. But you should end up with Eva. Yeah, I remember reading about that in an old walkthrough. But didn't try it myself as I didn't want to break Des's heart (sorry, I prefer Des).
While that is a downer, you can mend the relationship with Des later at the Studio by bringing her flowers. Also, if you bring Des home for a sleepover she isn't heartbroken, just disappointed if I remember correctly. There are so many variations so hard to remember specifics sometimes.

• Wow

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Yeah, I'm surprised at the things I learnt just by doing a different route to normal. When I tried this latest playthrough, I only just discovered why Rebecca cringes when she meets Eva. When playing the Mom/Eva route, it comes off as Rebecca not liking fans, which seems a little rude.

It's only during the dialogue with Eva in the VIP room after saving Des that you discover it's more like "Dammit, why did you have to say that? I can't sleep with you now".

• Haha

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Yeah, Rebecca really, really don't want to interact with fans for some reason.

Also, another Eva solo route is of course to do normal Mom+Eva until after party when Mom and Eva gets a bit heated, claim Eva and reject Mom rather than selecting the throuple route.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Yeah, Rebecca really, really don't want to interact with fans for some reason.

Also, another Eva solo route is of course to do normal Mom+Eva until after party when Mom and Eva gets a bit heated, claim Eva and reject Mom rather than selecting the throuple route.
Rebecca's happy to interact with fans, she just doesn't sleep with them. And Rebecca really wanted to sleep with Eva.

Rebecca was happy to take the selfie with Eva and Viv. But once she found out Eva was a fan, it was Viv's arse she squeezes, not Eva's.

Romenjack

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2018
Yeah, I'm surprised at the things I learnt just by doing a different route to normal. When I tried this latest playthrough, I only just discovered why Rebecca cringes when she meets Eva. When playing the Mom/Eva route, it comes off as Rebecca not liking fans, which seems a little rude.

It's only during the dialogue with Eva in the VIP room after saving Des that you discover it's more like "Dammit, why did you have to say that? I can't sleep with you now".
It's because Rebecca has a rule to never sleep with a fan. She tells what's her name that when they are in the VIP room. I assumed that's why she goes after Vivian and Des so hard because she knows that they aren't fans. I also think that's why mom brought Eva with them, because she wants to keep Rebecca away from Vivian so by having Eva there she acts as a sort of shield. I remember when asking Tara about it when shopping with Mom, later she will make some comment about how the mom was worried that Vivian might catch feelings for Rebecca if they sleep together only to have her heart broken because Rebecca wasn't interested in that sort of thing.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
It's because Rebecca has a rule to never sleep with a fan. She tells what's her name that when they are in the VIP room. I assumed that's why she goes after Vivian and Des so hard because she knows that they aren't fans. I also think that's why mom brought Eva with them, because she wants to keep Rebecca away from Vivian so by having Eva there she acts as a sort of shield. I remember when asking Tara about it when shopping with Mom, later she will make some comment about how the mom was worried that Vivian might catch feelings for Rebecca if they sleep together only to have her heart broken because Rebecca wasn't interested in that sort of thing.
I know Rebecca doesn't hit on Eva once she knows she's a fan - that was my point with my comment "Dammit, I can't sleep with you now", once Eva admits she's a fan.

Mom wouldn't have brought Eva if she wanted to distract Rebecca - Des is a far better choice for that, since Des is only a friend of Viv's not a fan, so Rebecca can (depending on your choices) sleep with her.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
About the party.
Vivian can never go alone to party with Eva.

If Vivian doesn't invite mom, she'll take Des with her.
Thats why Mom and Des are at the party doesn't happend or Vivian goes to party alone either.
Edit: bacienvu88 mentioned that, I born too slow.

I don't remember the version of the game when the party started but I think it was in May last year when the first route reached the party and oh boy how many times I played it :LOL:

I don't know if I'm lying but I'd say I played DDoS last year for over 100h and this year I've been much lazier.
Too bad I didn't write down everything what I found in the game.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes