VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
I know I wrote this before, when a game is interesting enough a I get invested in the characters I tend to slip into the shoes of the mc so to speak.
I prefer to take more like the director's seat and I like to see the different options that the "scriptwriters aka devs" have come up with and how I to direct a "movie/Tv-series"

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I prefer to take more like the director's seat and I like to see the different options that the "scriptwriters aka devs" have come up with and how I to direct a "movie/Tv-series"
So a game like DDoS must be a dream come true. :D Or nightmare. :ROFLMAO: So you better not play then. :cool: The game had tens of endings. Most of them bad ends though. Depending on your choices you could be playing a hard sci-fi, bdsm, action sci-fi, romance, sci-fi thriller. :D I think the "true end" was ending number 99.:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Sorrow85

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
It's both, dream and nightmare.
When DDoS is ready, I realy hope that BlackWebGames makes for us somelike WT or something.

Just like this:
-Des romance path->Right options
-Eva romance path->...
-Mom romance path->...
-Harper romance/Suga mommy->...
-Get them all path->...
What I'd like to know is how BWG keeps track of all this when developing. I am imagining a room full with whiteboards etc. filled with the brim with notes, arrows and threads going everywhere. :)
598431e7aef21c48041095fb8bb4bc2d--heroes-reborn-cheerleader.jpg

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
What I'd like to know is how BWG keeps track of all this when developing. I am imagining a room full with whiteboards etc. filled with the brim with notes, arrows and threads going everywhere. :)
View attachment 1420666
lol that's why I've only done one route and sticking with it. Every time I'm curious about a route, I see you guys explaining how to get it like

And I'm just like, yeah nah, maybe later lol.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
lol that's why I've only done one route and sticking with it. Every time I'm curious about a route, I see you guys explaining how to get it like

And I'm just like, yeah nah, maybe later lol.
That is us trying to explain how the world of DDoS and MLS works. :LOL:
that is how it looks like when we try to get a certain route or event. I love it when Shaun and his flock come up with a plan that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. :ROFLMAO:
If you don't know Shaun the sheep I urge you to go watch it! :LOL: It's awesome! :cool:

Last edited:

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
View attachment 1420666
Have you seen with Ben Affleck? He plays a special accountant who works for the underworld. On one assignment to find where money goes missing in a company, he is given a large meeting room to work in. They bring in boxes filled with folders and documents. After he runs out of space to write on the whiteboards, he continues to write on the glass wall until it has numbers all over it. :LOL:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Have you seen with Ben Affleck? He plays a special accountant who works for the underworld. On one assignment to find where money goes missing in a company, he is given a large meeting room to work in. They bring in boxes filled with folders and documents. After he runs out of space to write on the whiteboards, he continues to write on the glass wall until it has numbers all over it. :LOL:
Haven't seen that one, no. Will add it to the list for when I run out of VN:s to play ;).

One of my colleagues actually did that with a glass cubicle wall. Not fully transparent glass though. :)

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Does anyone know why they took away Mom's grid girls?

This was happening about the time that I started writing the game. And since I already planned on Making Rebecca a Formula 1 Racer, I took it and ran.
Since this happened they have also banned 'walk on girls' in darts, bowling and several other sport like events and there has been talk for a long time about removing girls from MMA, Wrestling, and Boxing. I haven't looked into it for a long time so I don't know what the current status is on any of it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Alley_Cat

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

This was happening about the time that I started writing the game. And since I already planned on Making Rebecca a Formula 1 Racer, I took it and ran.
Since this happened they have also banned 'walk on girls' in darts, bowling and several other sport like events and there has been talk for a long time about removing girls from MMA, Wrestling, and Boxing. I haven't looked into it for a long time so I don't know what the current status is on any of it.
But there are female mechanics on the team?

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
But there are female mechanics on the team?
Yes, but the pit crew is not a grid girl. A grid girl was part of the entourage, holding sponsor's sign, the team sign, holding umbrellas that sort of thing. They were banned for being demeaning to women. They still have people doing these things by the way only now they are all men.

also in a completely different side not while looking for that video that I showed you this one came up.

100% coincidence. No idea this woman existed before right now.
I mean, yes, I absolutely was basing my formula 1 racer was based off this person.

• Love
Reactions: Alley_Cat

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Yes, but the pit crew is not a grid girl. A grid girl was part of the entourage, holding sponsor's sign, the team sign, holding umbrellas that sort of thing. They were banned for being demeaning to women. They still have people doing these things by the way only now they are all men.

also in a completely different side not while looking for that video that I showed you this one came up.

100% coincidence. No idea this woman existed before right now.
I mean, yes, I absolutely was basing my formula 1 racer was based off this person.
That was kinda my point about there being (at least the possibility of) mechanics that just happen to be female.

Do the gridmen also wear the dresses that the grid girls do? I once had a friend that played netball at school and he had to wear a skirt as part of the uniform.

• Haha
Reactions: Cygnus X-1

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
That was kinda my point about there being (at least the possibility of) mechanics that just happen to be female.

Do the gridmen also wear the dresses that the grid girls do? I once had a friend that played netball at school and he had to wear a skirt as part of the uniform.
They do not. And to your point, yes I am well aware of the possibility of having a girl being a mechanic on the pit crew. ;)

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
They do not. And to your point, yes I am well aware of the possibility of having a girl being a mechanic on the pit crew. ;)
She's one hell of a cutie too, but then I do have a particular weakness for redheads. Any idea as to when we'll meet her?

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
She's one hell of a cutie too, but then I do have a particular weakness for redheads. Any idea as to when we'll meet her?
I really can't say. While I have most of her story in the game mapped out, I don't really have a specific road map for when she will be introduced. There has to be a lot more done with Rebecca first before I would introduce her. So for now at least not for a little while and even then only on a select few paths.

Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I really can't say. While I have most of her story in the game mapped out, I don't really have a specific road map for when she will be introduced. There has to be a lot more done with Rebecca first before I would introduce her. So for now at least not for a little while and even then only on a select few paths.
How far into the story are we currently? I would guess around 1/4 to 1/3, but I may be wildly off. :)

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes