VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I think one decision by BWG that had a lot of foresight was to use simple locations as backgrounds, and overlays for the characters we actually care about. Take Rebecca's party for example. There was a brief mention that there were other people there, but apart from that - nothing. There didn't need to be.

Even the guys at the front who the bouncer doesn't let in. Don't know their name, don't know what they look like. Don't care.

But the important stuff like sex scenes, those get fully rendered. And if we really want to see a slice of life moment like Mom and Viv sharing a kiss over breakfast, that's easy enough to render ourselves.

Whereas L&P now lauds himself in spending weeks setting up a scene in a biker bar with characters the MC might not even interact with, getting all intricate with expressions, poses and lighting. Each of those dozen or so bikers will have a custom outfit he designed. He even designed a custom outfit for the MC, then put out a poll with a different, more revealing outfit, knowing full well it would be chosen over the custom one.
Now that you mention it, you don't really need those extra characters. For example at the party I only care for the girl I'm with. Of course I don't want Becca to get hurt. But the point still stands. Like in real life if you focus on an object every thing else in your field of view becomes blurry. ;)

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Ellie's cute level is off the charts. :love: But I think it is more a combination of hero worship, love and fear of abandonment. rather than obsession. Several of MC:s memories show how MC protects Ellie as children, even when MC get scolded for it by Rachel she seems to continue. So when her hero and protector suddenly reappears, she is cautious as you say, but as MC assuades her fear, the love and hero worship can take over.

Rachel used to blame everything bad that happened on MC, including everything the sperm donor did (no, that guy isn't worthy of being called dad or father), regardless of who really was at fault. I don't think we know yet, but for some reason Rachel has flipped that around and desperately want MC to like her to the point of obsession instead, thinking that will make all wrongs right. At least that is my reading of it.

Good to know. I may have rage quit a bit at that Tony scene. :) May continue the game later then.
Please do continue. :cool: Even if it is not enough, it's really satisfying to watch Tony helpless and bound. ;) Jasmine can enlist Sukkhon's or Eduardo's help. And Jasmine looks hot as hell in that getup! :love: And there is a scene with Jasmine and Yoon (plus Sukkhon watching) that will sure raise you from your seat (at least in part :LOL:). :love: Finaly Jasmine and Yoon dancing in a club, looking all lovely, to spite the D. ;)

Rachel's case is a bit complicated. You are right. She used to blame everything bad on the mc, especially after the father left / died. And she even admits it now and that it was wrong of her. Years have passed since the mc left home. That leaves you with an awful lot of time to think about everything. With passing time you can see things more clearly. When the initial emotions don't cloud your mind. Especially when the one you blame it on is gone and things still haven't improved. You know how it is. First you blame everyone else. Then when the emotions recede, you start to think about it more. Contemplating whose fault it really is. First you don't want to admit you could be at fault too. Then you start to think, well maybe it was my fault too, at least in part. And then, when you start to analyze it properly, to see what has gone wrong, you realize what a mess it all is. And you admit you were at fault too. Yes, the other party may have done something wrong too. Most likely you were both responsible. And you want to say sorry and make up with the other party. Especially if it is serious. You want to forgive and be forgiven too. Now imagine the other side of the conflict is no more around. There's noone to apologize to and nobody to forgive you. It will weigh on your conscience. If the matter is truly serious, you are desperate for forgiveness. And you will do anything, if the other party would just forgive you so that you can go on and leave it all behind. And you start probably blaming yourself and thinking about everything you could have done better. And swearing you will do better if only given the chance. After the fire and the furry has vanished only sadness and despair will be left. Plus if there were any feelings for the other person, loneliness will set in. Replaced with emptiness.
Is this enough of a reason? :( ;) :giggle:
Typing all of this on a phone was truly horrible. :LOL:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
And here I'm big fan of FemMCs games I always boast about myself that I've played all the FemMC games available on F95 but I have to admit that I've missed this one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You'll just have to make sure to go through the list list one by one. Just under a 1000 game threads with female protag. :)

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Ellie's cute level is off the charts. :love: But I think it is more a combination of hero worship, love and fear of abandonment. rather than obsession. Several of MC:s memories show how MC protects Ellie as children, even when MC get scolded for it by Rachel she seems to continue. So when her hero and protector suddenly reappears, she is cautious as you say, but as MC assuades her fear, the love and hero worship can take over.
I 100% agree on Ellie there. You put it into words better than me. ;)

Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
I say Emma & Amy Ackerman from Champions of Liberty Institute of Training (or Emma & her mother's wife, Ling Woo). But I am not sure it is planned to happen. On the other hand Amy and Ling is already a very cute couple. :)

Speaking of which, time to go and play the new update of that game. :)
There is one fantasy scene with Glowstick, where Emma fits Amy entirely into her vagina. TRAGICALLY, Glowstick cuts that session short.

A later scene with Ling performing a lap-dancing favor during one of Copycat's missions.

As always, the hot-cold relationship between Emma and Mei is increasingly delightful.

CLIT 0.62 was just released to patrons, and, well... I got the impression there was definite (sexual?) tension.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Please do continue. :cool: Even if it is not enough, it's really satisfying to watch Tony helpless and bound. ;) Jasmine can enlist Sukkhon's or Eduardo's help. And Jasmine looks hot as hell in that getup! :love: And there is a scene with Jasmine and Yoon (plus Sukkhon watching) that will sure raise you from your seat (at least in part :LOL:). :love: Finaly Jasmine and Yoon dancing in a club, looking all lovely, to spite the D. ;)

Rachel's case is a bit complicated. You are right. She used to blame everything bad on the mc, especially after the father left / died. And she even admits it now and that it was wrong of her. Years have passed since the mc left home. That leaves you with an awful lot of time to think about everything. With passing time you can see things more clearly. When the initial emotions don't cloud your mind. Especially when the one you blame it on is gone and things still haven't improved. You know how it is. First you blame everyone else. Then when the emotions recede, you start to think about it more. Contemplating whose fault it really is. First you don't want to admit you could be at fault too. Then you start to think, well maybe it was my fault too, at least in part. And then, when you start to analyze it properly, to see what has gone wrong, you realize what a mess it all is. And you admit you were at fault too. Yes, the other party may have done something wrong too. Most likely you were both responsible. And you want to say sorry and make up with the other party. Especially if it is serious. You want to forgive and be forgiven too. Now imagine the other side of the conflict is no more around. There's noone to apologize to and nobody to forgive you. It will weigh on your conscience. If the matter is truly serious, you are desperate for forgiveness. And you will do anything, if the other party would just forgive you so that you can go on and leave it all behind. And you start probably blaming yourself and thinking about everything you could have done better. And swearing you will do better if only given the chance. After the fire and the furry has vanished only sadness and despair will be left. Plus if there were any feelings for the other person, loneliness will set in. Replaced with emptiness.
Is this enough of a reason? :( ;) :giggle:
Typing all of this on a phone was truly horrible. :LOL:
I'll definitely continue Free Pass then. :)

Regarding Rachel, the big question is of course what those pills are are doing with her. But I'll take further discussion on that over in the BM thread

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
There is one fantasy scene with Glowstick, where Emma fits Amy entirely into her vagina. TRAGICALLY, Glowstick cuts that session short.

A later scene with Ling performing a lap-dancing favor during one of Copycat's missions.

As always, the hot-cold relationship between Emma and Mei is increasingly delightful.

CLIT 0.62 was just released to patrons, and, well... I got the impression there was definite (sexual?) tension.
Hmm. I haven't done that many variations in CLIT yet. Mostly done Mei, Devya and Robbie stuff. Should really start to explore different variations.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
And here I'm big fan of FemMCs games I always boast about myself that I've played all the FemMC games available on F95 but I have to admit that I've missed this one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Go ahead! You might enjoy it! It does have it's quirks that may not be to everybody's liking but I think it's a really good game and deserves attention. :cool: Most of the kinks have been ironed out I guess. Though some of it's uniqueness may have been lost in the process. :(

Reactions: Sorrow85

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Since we're talking about mother/daughter incest. One thing I am weary of in parent/child incest stories is how the story handles the sheer dependence a child has to their parent until the child has started earning money themselves. Especially when the MC is the parent. If not handled properly the story can come off as rather creepy.

But that is one thing that makes me particularly interested in the various Mom routes of DDoS. I recently replayed the Mom reject route again because I didn't remember exactly why Viv moves out, turns out Viv is disgusted by Mom's advances, at least for now, so at least Viv has some independence. But it also puts Mom's insistence on casual sex with Viv in a different light. Mom puts a lot of pressure on Viv to accept her conditions on the relationship. Viv really has very few options here. I mean, she has started to become emotionally independent with the help of Tara, but economically speaking she is completely dependent on Mom still.

• Thinking Face

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Since we're talking about mother/daughter incest. One thing I am weary of in parent/child incest stories is how the story handles the sheer dependence a child has to their parent until the child has started earning money themselves. Especially when the MC is the parent. If not handled properly the story can come off as rather creepy.

But that is one thing that makes me particularly interested in the various Mom routes of DDoS. I recently replayed the Mom reject route again because I didn't remember exactly why Viv moves out, turns out Viv is disgusted by Mom's advances, at least for now, so at least Viv has some independence. But it also puts Mom's insistence on casual sex with Viv in a different light. Mom puts a lot of pressure on Viv to accept her conditions on the relationship. Viv really has very few options here. I mean, she has started to become emotionally independent with the help of Tara, but economically speaking she is completely dependent on Mom still.
Good call. Viv is feeling pressured and doesn't want to be under mom's thumb. Provided she is not interested in mom. :eek: :D Like in Free pass, I don't see the point in getting Yoon into a (submissive) relationship (with Zoey) when she just started to stand on her own feet. I want her to take charge (of her own life).
Viv can roll with it, try to win her heart and have mom become her girlfriend or try the impossible and win her over completely. Or she can leave.
Well, ignoring mom completely is also an option.
Maybe if she can become financially independent, she could show mom she is a worthy partner. :love:

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Good call. Viv is feeling pressured and doesn't want to be under mom's thumb. Provided she is not interested in mom. :eek: :D Like in Free pass, I don't see the point in getting Yoon into a (submissive) relationship (with Zoey) when she just started to stand on her own feet. I want her to take charge (of her own life).
Exactly. To me it is not so much about forbidding Mom having sex with someone else as much as it is about Viv and Mom having a relationship as equals (or with Viv in charge). That is also why I have explored the dom paths more than the sub paths.

• Red Heart

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Exactly. To me it is not so much about forbidding Mom having sex with someone else as much as it is about Viv and Mom having a relationship as equals (or with Viv in charge). That is also why I have explored the dom paths more than the sub paths.
Yes, being in a romantic relationship with mom as equal partners. :love:
Wait, this also means mom is interested only in casual sex with Viv. Just spending some quality mother daughter time. :love: Not that in itself is a bad thing. ;) It's quite naughty, really. :LOL: Just there goes a proper date with mom. With handholding and all. :LOL: And looking into each other's eyes, saying "I love you." and kissing. :love: :cry:

Last edited:
  • Love
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes