VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
This was a good story when it first came out. Now it appears to me that the story is stuck, and has been stuck over the last three updates. It's almost like it's turned into the Rempy version of Female Agent. It's stuck at the end of the party, with nothing new coming afterwards. Sure some of the backstory has changed a wee bit, but it gets old yo open the game.load a save from the version before, and see it end at the exact same place. I'm beginning to think it shoukld be called Groundhog's Day.

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
Note to the developer. This is version 4.4 but the opening screen still says 3.3 It would be helpful if you could update that each time.

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
This was a good story when it first came out. Now it appears to me that the story is stuck, and has been stuck over the last three updates. It's almost like it's turned into the Rempy version of Female Agent. It's stuck at the end of the party, with nothing new coming afterwards. Sure some of the backstory has changed a wee bit, but it gets old yo open the game.load a save from the version before, and see it end at the exact same place. I'm beginning to think it should be called Groundhog's Day.
I agree. I had nine different saves. None had any additional content per this update.

Old&Useless

Nov 22, 2020
I never got any forced scene. Or sex. Even rape is actually new to me. SO, I guess, in the end, it's all consequences of your choices. I imagine it's all related to the blackmail. And I always help Eva instead of giving her the cheat.
Thanks for that:)
I much prefer it when it is through the actions of the mc rather than forced as it makes repeated playthroughs far more interesting.

bcool

Donor
Sep 29, 2018
Update Monday v4.4

Apologies everyone. This was supposed to be up yesterday but my internet is super slow right now. It was still uploading when I went to bed last night so decided to just go to sleep and post the link first thing in the morning. Woke up and my computer had restarted because of an update. (Thanks Microsoft.) So all the upload progress was lost. So had to start it again. But now here it is. A little smaller than I had originally intended and yes that is because of Cyberpunk. I've been waiting for this game for 8 years and through 3 delays so sue me. The Evaline party bit was suppose to be done but there is a game breaking bug that will send the dialogue into a loop. So until I figure that out I've just cut it from the game so it ends after the selfi like last time.
I am going to go ahead and make this a free update one as an apology for how slow I have been going and two as a Christmas gift to the fans. Don't worry I have a special gift planned for all my backers later that I am sure you will enjoy(I hope)

Changelog:
- Mom date is implemented. "Not sure I like the latter half so I might change it in the future."
- returning home when Evaline is living with you is now complete.

Fixes:
- Forgot to actually implement some of the images that I had added in the last update. So there are some new images now sprinkled through the game.
- Fixed a few switches that were improperly implemented. Probably won't affect your game as it should have just been mostly text and no decisions at this point but there is no harm in making a new game.

Win:
Mega

Mac:

Mega
[/QUOTE

I liked the Mom's date scene in the hotel room : Congrats

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
I never got any forced scene. Or sex. Even rape is actually new to me. SO, I guess, in the end, it's all consequences of your choices. I imagine it's all related to the blackmail. And I always help Eva instead of giving her the cheat.
Thanks for that:)
I much prefer it when it is through the actions of the mc rather than forced as it makes repeated playthroughs far more interesting.
If we talk about the same thing, the game doesn’t even force you to have sex with anyone.

But this time I skip update and look forward to meeting with M.S Harper, my Dom Viv is ready! :devilish:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
This was a good story when it first came out. Now it appears to me that the story is stuck, and has been stuck over the last three updates. It's almost like it's turned into the Rempy version of Female Agent. It's stuck at the end of the party, with nothing new coming afterwards. Sure some of the backstory has changed a wee bit, but it gets old yo open the game.load a save from the version before, and see it end at the exact same place. I'm beginning to think it shoukld be called Groundhog's Day.
Helps if you read the changelog.

There are a lot of routes, only a couple get updated a time.

Old&Useless

Nov 22, 2020
If we talk about the same thing, the game doesn’t even force you to have sex with anyone.

But this time I skip update and look forward to meeting with M.S Harper, my Dom Viv is ready! :devilish:
I'm talking about where the mc can be blackmailed into oral sex and where a girl can be roofied and raped.
Its good that it seems to allow the player a lot of choice as I like to play vn's that reward repeat plays.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I don't think you need to be an sjw to find that content uncomfortable, but then there is nothing wrong with making people feel uncomfortable or feeling it if done well.
Are those particular scenes avoidable or scripted? Doesn't really matter as I'll still try it but l am curious.
It can be uncomfortable depending on the tone of the story and other things but at the end of the day this is pure fantay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: botc76

Old&Useless

Nov 22, 2020
It can be uncomfortable depending on the tone of the story and other things but at the end of the day this is pure fantay.
SJW types like to fight for fictional characters human rights in videogames and other media.
Sjw's can indeed be a pain in the arse, but it is usually those on the more extreme end that get highlighted and not all care about the welfare of fictional characters.
I tend to get immersed in my media so I find vn's that just go for shock value not for me, but that doesn't mean I don't think they have a place and should be deleted.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Jesus... Fucking... Goddamn... Mother... Fucking... Christ... I have no clue where the fuck to begin in terms on capturing all the fucking typos... This game and dev seriously need a proofreader. Like, no joke or shit.

Overall solid game and do enjoy. Prefer Eveline.

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
I'm hoping for a walkthrough soon, as there's so many paths and I haven't got saves for them all.

If anyone can remind me how I get Eva to party on her own (without Mom and Des) and also how we can get the substantive Vi/Des scene after the party (not the short version after she's been drugged) I'd be grateful

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
If anyone can remind me how I get Eva to party on her own (without Mom and Des)
No, you can't.

Mom or Des always come with Vivian, Eva is (optional) choice.
Vivian+Mom(/+Eva)
Vivian+Des(/+Eva)

+ Vivian can't go to parties alone.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes