VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
Just having a quick replay to get a few more of the endings saved and one thing I don't think is said often enough is how beautiful and detailed the renders are compared to many games - from the little mole on Vi's arm to the painted toe-nails (matched to the finger-nails) and the Mom's wedding ring.

fregonard

Mar 11, 2018
can we only stay with one girl per route ??

besides the mother is fucking with someone else ??

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
can we only stay with one girl per route ??

besides the mother is fucking with someone else ??
It's kinda like a date sim. If you want the romance you stick to one girl but if you want to fuck other people then so will they.

With regards to them fucking others, if you rush straight to sex then you will only get open relationships with all the girls and they will see other people.

You need to turn down sex to get to the romance.

• Love
Reactions: fregonard

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
To romance the mom yes, for the others I don't think. It can't be one formula, it would be disappointing. Romance can begin with sex
Except the game works that way.

If you rush sex with Evalyn you also end up in an open relationship. Need to keep turning her down until she realises Viv isn't using her for sex and then she will be open for a relationship.

Des is probably going to be the same. She seems to think it was just one off sex and is still into guys.

Mother needs turning down before talk of a relationship can happen.

Harper is a dom that has several subs, been said she isn't looking for anything long term and will move on when she's bored.

Rebecca is only looking for casual sex, no relationship at all.

Sex can lead to a relationship but not here.

Romenjack

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2018
Just having a quick replay to get a few more of the endings saved and one thing I don't think is said often enough is how beautiful and detailed the renders are compared to many games - from the little mole on Vi's arm to the painted toe-nails (matched to the finger-nails) and the Mom's wedding ring.
Also sleeping without makeup on. There are a few scenes where I think maybe the dev might have forgot but for the most part they either don't have makeup on when they go to sleep or they directly lament not having removed it before going to sleep. I have played so many games here where all the girls seem to sleep caked in makeup or they have the exact same makeup on despite days weeks months or even years passing by in the game world.

Reactions: gmn and dolfe67

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
lockerxx

Hello everyone. Here we are the first post in 2021. In a few days we will actually be rounding on the 1 year anniversary of Dog Days of Summer. Silly me from a year ago thought this game would only take a year maybe a year and a half to make. How wrong he was.
Well progress has actually been really great these past few weeks. Been getting a lot done and I hope to in the next week or two weeks have v0.5 up which, yes, will be a big Ms. Harper update.
I might release something of a test build before then. In this update all the paths should be caught up and while I am fairly certain I have accounted for everything that's about the time I find that I have missed a huge path. So the point of this (if I upload it) will be for you to load your save and see if your story progresses and in a seamless way and doesn't just jump around.
Also, a side note, something I have not stated up until now, but DDoS takes place in an alternate reality to ours that is similar but not the same. The main point being that America never existed and the British Empire is still around. And DDoS actually takes place in a fictional city on the east coast. I say this because in the next update there are some conversations referencing things that are not actually real and world history that never happened, so this is my futile attempt to head off any comments.
So until then, here is a preview of a possible scene that you can have to look forward to.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

------

Congratulations to BlackWebGames for one year anniversary:

And ofc to M.S Harper fans.
We (Mom, Des and Eva fans) have been celebrating for many months and now it’s the turn of Harper fans.

-------

One is the full image and the Other image is more how I imagined it. The angle is a little off so it's hard to read but the collar does say mommy's girl and teachers pet.

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018
Does that pic mean that the mother is a dominant type rug muncher?

Just askin cause femdom is good but lezdom is GREAT!!!

Last edited:

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
interesting we got for Ms. Harper the date,the sub path and the learning to be a dom. :unsure:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Does that pic mean that the mother is a dominant type rug muncher?

Just askin cause femdom is good but lezdom is GREAT!!!
I have to admit that there were new words that I didn’t understand so I (try)studied them:

" As you are probably figured out by now, lezdom is the abbreviation from lesbian domination. It is a shortened and widely used expression just like footdom is the term used to describe foot domination and foot worship."
Correct?

---

( , ) A
:unsure:

----
I'll be honest. I'll be more than a little disappointed if it turns out to be just the date route.
To my knowledge(And what Tara said) the Dominant route is not a romance route but in it Vivian can reach everyone and blackmailing route Vivian has a chance to get out of it if she waits for the right opportunity.

Anyway, this year we're going to know the truth about those... I quess.

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018
I have to admit that there were new words that I didn’t understand so I (try)studied them:

" As you are probably figured out by now, lezdom is the abbreviation from lesbian domination. It is a shortened and widely used expression just like footdom is the term used to describe foot domination and foot worship."
Correct?

---

( , ) A
:unsure:

----
I'm Scottish, we tend to say things wi a bit slang, when i said rug muncher I meant it as just lesbian, it doesnae need to be offensive. Though i do recommend not saying that to a lesbians face.
And the lezdom word, yep you got it in one, it means lesbian domination.

''Wi" is short for with, and "doesnae" means doesn't.

Reactions: Sorrow85

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

So slight preview of the next update as between this and the previous update I am sure you can make some guesses as to what's coming but as you probably wont ever see the originals in the game itself I figured they would make nice rewards for you guys.

For the record, these are not suppose to be amazing finished works of art. More like rough sketches with very bland and boring posing.

Des makes portraits of Viv :unsure:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Hello everyone. So no upload today despite my best efforts. It's close to being done but this update is going to be huge and it should continue the story of everyone. Sorry that it's taking so long but I do hope to have it done soon. So as an apology here is a render that I did. This is less a preview as I decided that I didn't like the way the scene was going and went in a different direction but felt wrong to just delete this.

So here is a metric to show how close this is to completion. I will keep it updated as I finish more.

After party with Des - Complete
After party with Des, Evaline lives with you - 55%
In a relationship with mom - Complete
Moved out of the house - 0%
Didn't go to party, Evaline lives with you - Complete
Meeting with Evaline - Complete
Meeting with Desiree - 25%
Meeting with Harper - 15%

------

I may be missing something but is the Eva+Mom party route already complete? :unsure:

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
------

I may be missing something but is the Eva+Mom party route already complete? :unsure:
Last I heard on that one was that there were some issues around programming, but hopefully they've been sorted and it'll be in next update

I also interested in leaving home and what's that about? Vi moving in as a 'flatmate' with Eva? Vi sick of her Mom's sexual advances and leaving home?

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes