VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.3.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Thank you. :)
I like history too. And art. Renaissance and baroque art and music. :love: The older the era the more fascinating. Ancient Rome, Egypt, India, America... :love:
Come to Europe. We have lots of old stuff. ;) Oh, and we have plenty of corrupt and crooked politicians too. :LOL:
Yes, movies like "dangerous liaisons", "libertine", "from hell", Coppola's "Dracula","nosferatu", "vampyr - dream of Allan Grey", "agony and ecstasy", old three musketeers with Michael York... TV series like "borgia", "the borgias", "Versailles"... ;)
Another thing I like a lot about Ddos (and MLS) is that Bwg created a whole alternative history for his fictional world. :D I'd love to find out more in the upcoming updates. ;) More background information makes it feel more real and kind of lived in. I don't mind cameos either. Maybe we can have one by the dark elf from his fantasy game just pop in from a portal, look around, realize she's in the wrong place and vanish in another portal. :D
In my next life, traveling will be high on my list of things to do. Now, I'm too old to get out there. Corruption is wonderful, IN GAMES, not in real life. I have made a lot of friends all over the world, thanks to F95 and to hear them tell me how corrupt their governments are is so alarming. Here in the USA, we have our own corruption as well. We have a convicted felon, a rapist, who wants to be President, again, and there are so many people follow him. Politicians who hated and spoke badly of him are now kissing his ass and sucking his dick to gain favor. He chose a Vice President running mate who called him Hitler at one time and now has his head so far up his ass that he is smearing his eyeliner. WHAT A CRAZY WORLD.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
In my next life, traveling will be high on my list of things to do. Now, I'm too old to get out there. Corruption is wonderful, IN GAMES, not in real life. I have made a lot of friends all over the world, thanks to F95 and to hear them tell me how corrupt their governments are is so alarming. Here in the USA, we have our own corruption as well. We have a convicted felon, a rapist, who wants to be President, again, and there are so many people follow him. Politicians who hated and spoke badly of him are now kissing his ass and sucking his dick to gain favor. He chose a Vice President running mate who called him Hitler at one time and now has his head so far up his ass that he is smearing his eyeliner. WHAT A CRAZY WORLD.
Hey, it's never too late to travel. ;) If you've got the time and some money. Unless your health doesn't allow it. :(
And a dude who hated him (?) or what was his motive, tried to kill him and shot two people while attempting to do it. The same thing happened to our prime minister in may. :mad: Except he ended up in a hospital with a serious stomach injury. Wtf. Consider who was the ex-president running against and who still is the current president. ;) Now pick one. :LOL: I feel sorry for the president. He should be enjoying his retirement and not be forced to run again. :rolleyes: And what has the next candidate in line accomplished or what she's good at, anyway? :unsure:
But enough of politics. Current day politics make my head hurt. :mad:
Though I'm curious. What's a American player's opinion on the USA still being part of the British empire? :LOL: Like in Ddos and MLS. ;) Like it, hate it, indifferent?

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Hey, it's never too late to travel. ;) If you've got the time and some money. Unless your health doesn't allow it. :(
And a dude who hated him (?) or what was his motive, tried to kill him and shot two people while attempting to do it. The same thing happened to our prime minister in may. :mad: Except he ended up in a hospital with a serious stomach injury. Wtf. Consider who was the ex-president running against and who still is the current president. ;) Now pick one. :LOL: I feel sorry for the president. He should be enjoying his retirement and not be forced to run again. :rolleyes: And what has the next candidate in line accomplished or what she's good at, anyway? :unsure:
But enough of politics. Current day politics make my head hurt. :mad:
Though I'm curious. What's a American player's opinion on the USA still being part of the British empire? :LOL: Like in Ddos and MLS. ;) Like it, hate it, indifferent?
Being a US Marine and Vietnam Veteran, I would never consider supporting or voting for any asshole who says that "Prisoners of War are LOSERS", didn't care to visit the gravesite memorial of the WWI Marines from the Normandy Invasion, calling them, "LOSERS AND SUCKERS". This coming for a coward, who received 5 deferments from the draft, (thanks, rich, influential family).

As far as being a part of the British Empire, you'll have to explain more, I am intrigued, lol. You are pulling my chain, right? lol.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Being a US Marine and Vietnam Veteran, I would never consider supporting or voting for any asshole who says that "Prisoners of War are LOSERS", didn't care to visit the gravesite memorial of the WWI Marines from the Normandy Invasion, calling them, "LOSERS AND SUCKERS". This coming for a coward, who received 5 deferments from the draft, (thanks, rich, influential family).

As far as being a part of the British Empire, you'll have to explain more, I am intrigued, lol. You are pulling my chain, right? lol.
Nope. ;) Ddos and MLS take place in an alternate timeline that diverges from ours somewhere between the 16th and the 18th century, where there was no american revolution I think and USA is still a part of the British empire. ;) If you noticed the city the characters live in is called New Amsterdam. In history the dutch founded the city. But in the game the Brits somehow didn't bother to rename it after taking control.
From wikipedia:
"New York City traces its to and a trading post founded on by around 1624. The settlement was named in 1626 and was as a city in 1653. The city came under in 1664 and was temporarily renamed New York after King granted the lands to his brother, the , before being permanently renamed New York in November 1674."

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And I've got this nice picture from Bwg's ss page. :)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Nope. ;) Ddos and MLS take place in an alternate timeline that diverges from ours somewhere between the 16th and the 18th century, where there was no american revolution I think and USA is still a part of the British empire. ;) If you noticed the city the characters live in is called New Amsterdam. In history the dutch founded the city. But in the game the Brits somehow didn't bother to rename it after taking control.
From wikipedia:
"New York City traces its to and a trading post founded on by around 1624. The settlement was named in 1626 and was as a city in 1653. The city came under in 1664 and was temporarily renamed New York after King granted the lands to his brother, the , before being permanently renamed New York in November 1674."

Yeah, the whole "the evil British empire won everything and took over most of the world" thing is really bizarre, especially considering how badly the UK is doing nowadays (maybe it's cope from the writer, lol).

• Haha
Reactions: GokutheG

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
From wikipedia:

Nice. Very good information, thanks. But, I don't take it that seriously, it is just a game and we could all be Martians for all I care. I just want to see hot cuties, fucking, corruption, incest (if it's there), a good storyline, sluts, whores and prostitutes, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Cygnus X-1

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
From wikipedia:

I don't even care enough to think about the rest of the world. I just read it as New Amsterdam being immune to all outside influences and being its own thing because Tara corrupts any wouldbe invaders by sidelining their ambitions with the existing female population. The island is her domain and anyone who tries to take over usually would become her toys instead. The rest of the world is slightly off by its influence, but I just assumed it wasn't TOO different.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I don't even care enough to think about the rest of the world. I just read it as New Amsterdam being immune to all outside influences and being its own thing because Tara corrupts any wouldbe invaders by sidelining their ambitions with the existing female population. The island is her domain and anyone who tries to take over usually would become her toys instead. The rest of the world is slightly off by its influence, but I just assumed it wasn't TOO different.
For the purposes of gameplay that is true, however I can never do anything part way and so when I am making an alternate reality I apparently need to know the past 250 years of history and what happened to know why things are the way that they are in the game. It really wont come up in the game but I do try to integrate it into people talking. It's why in MLS she was able to move from London to New Amsterdam without having any problems or get a new medical licenses. It's why you will see union jacks in the game but no American flags. It's also why most asians you see will be Japanese and why a lot of 'anime' culture still exists and is a bit more mainstream.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
For the purposes of gameplay that is true, however I can never do anything part way and so when I am making an alternate reality I apparently need to know the past 250 years of history and what happened to know why things are the way that they are in the game. It really wont come up in the game but I do try to integrate it into people talking. It's why in MLS she was able to move from London to New Amsterdam without having any problems or get a new medical licenses. It's why you will see union jacks in the game but no American flags. It's also why most asians you see will be Japanese and why a lot of 'anime' culture still exists and is a bit more mainstream.
Fair enough. Again, didn't really think too deeply because New Amsterdam is independent of the mainland. You implied completely different laws and policies. Union Jacks could be explained away as just being somewhere closer to the Canada and New England US Border. (Which has a mix of European and native American roots.) I don't think you ever stated where exactly it is located.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
This is not Lovecraft. :LOL: At least I haven't seen any fish people yet. :eek:
Who the hell knows what Clara really looks like? It's awfully sus that she seems to tight with Tara, despite Tara rarely interacting with certain individuals briefly before getting bored. Also noted that their names seem to "coincidently" rhyme...

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes