4.00 star(s) 11 Votes

kiwistate

Developer of Doki Doki Tri-Line Quest
Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Sorry, looks like my wall of text ended up being confusing. A picture is better than a thousand words.

Steps to reproduce:
- Win in less than 3 matches and/or faster than 10 seconds, without any companion to make sure the companion won't affect the situation. You WILL require a lot of luck and extremely quick reflexes unless you are hacking.
- This only affects enemies that can be beaten extremely fast. Late bosses, regardless of the tile matchup, should not be an issue as it is impossible to reproduce this unless the entire screen is clearable in one go.
- Line does not have to wear specific gear. I can reproduce it with her not naked, so that isn't a factor; she did not take any damage either, and being damaged while not clothed AND not winning too fast works properly ("cloths %" will be properly calculated) so that is not a factor either.

This isn't a game-breaking bug and I understand your concern about farming, but the arc output in there really is minimal, so just making sure this isn't a "problem".
long story short i made if you beat anything to fast it will give you nothing and the score will set to 0 becuase you win 0 arcs if i put every Line, combo match,and point and you get 0 people will find annoying so i just set all in 0 but that who i made :v so i reapeat is not a bugg maybe i could tweek it to dont show the score and another table like enemi was to weak to give you arcs or something :v

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, thank you for the explanation! Glad to know it's not a bug, no need to tweak it if it's working as intended. :)

Oct 26, 2017
is this game hard or im bad palyer
If you mean the fights, it can be challenging if you aren't used to match-3 (or just super unlucky with the matchups) but it shouldn't be all that hard until the late bosses.

Kiwi included a tutorial on the affinity system (weaknesses and strengths) as well as special runes and what they do.

Some more mini-GIFs using Kiwi's sprites, a tribute to a fellow game developer and friend... (Baina Salasaki and Kristoff)

Baina-strapping intensifies

Good's not bad, but bad is better

Last edited:

BOSSX

Sep 19, 2018
Hopefully it's the right one. Let me know if you spot something weird, but it should have Kirstoff(sp?) left for you to beat and available in the Waifsteary (so you can repeat the scene).

Also, yes, Line is naked and has a little nude buff, but that shouldn't affect your gameplay.

How to use:
- Backup your own save (rename, move to folder, archive...)
- Extract this to local user profile subfolder /triline_nsfw/ and overwrite
- Play.
sAVE gOES wHERE

kiwistate

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
sAVE gOES wHERE
use this combination of key windows key + "R" Key and i will open a windows write appdata then go to local and then go to triline_nsfw and there it is the savegame0 C:\Users\*your user*\AppData\Local\triline_nsfw

Oct 26, 2017
sAVE gOES wHERE
Depending on your OS, in your %APPDATA% folder, triline_nsfw subfolder. :sneaky:

Edit: Fuck, I tried to pull a stunt but Kiwi beat me to it. I thought the user was asking for a save though (just search the thread for a few ones, posted one for the current version not too long ago, and all of them are intercompatible since the engine will update them automatically)

Oct 26, 2017
Unrelated to the game but still related to Doki Doki Triline Quest somehow, had a what the fuck moment here Kiwi:unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is it some kind of demo scarescreen gone wrong?

kiwistate

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Unrelated to the game but still related to Doki Doki Triline Quest somehow, had a what the fuck moment here Kiwi:unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is it some kind of demo scarescreen gone wrong?
i dont fully understand but a png appear what :v?

Oct 26, 2017
i dont fully understand but a png appear what :v?
Long story short is this appeared ingame after a scene (just like the sketch above) and I don't exactly think it's supposed to.

Unless that's a new character, but the image looks weird and... well, it's a bit out of place to be honest, so I'm almost sure this is just an asset that was in the data archive that shows up ingame. I still haven't figured out how to reproduce it, could be a memory access gone wrong and loading the wrong asset, depending on how gamemaker studio handles references to sprites and such.

kiwistate

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Long story short is this appeared ingame after a scene (just like the sketch above) and I don't exactly think it's supposed to.

Unless that's a new character, but the image looks weird and... well, it's a bit out of place to be honest, so I'm almost sure this is just an asset that was in the data archive that shows up ingame. I still haven't figured out how to reproduce it, could be a memory access gone wrong and loading the wrong asset, depending on how gamemaker studio handles references to sprites and such.
wich quest appear? if you can put how to unlock that bug in the discord ;c so i can fixi t

Oct 26, 2017
wich quest appear? if you can put how to unlock that bug in the discord ;c so i can fixi t
That's precisely what I'm trying to figure out lol. If someone uses the discord (I can't, sorry about that), feel free to post that bug in there and try all quests until it happens. You can use one of the old saves in this thread to undo your quest progress, or just do it manually by following Kiwi's instructions on how to find your save (back it up first, there's only one save, and it's easy to go wrong).

If I manage to have it happen again somehow I'll try and let you know exactly what quest/scene does this.

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
I'm so used to playing match3 games where you can only move a tile if it produces a match that I was having a lot of difficulty for a while. But that's not how this game appears to be balanced: instead it seems that you are supposed to build 4- or 5- tile matches to get the upgraded attacks and use those.

Just kinda frustrating that I missed the memo the first several times I played.

One small complaint: the two different blue tiles (hats and potions) look vaguely similar enough that I have difficulty automatically seeing the difference and have to more consciously identify which is which. It would be nice if one was changed to be a little more different in color from the other.

kiwistate

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
I'm so used to playing match3 games where you can only move a tile if it produces a match that I was having a lot of difficulty for a while. But that's not how this game appears to be balanced: instead it seems that you are supposed to build 4- or 5- tile matches to get the upgraded attacks and use those.

One small complaint: the two different blue tiles (hats and potions) look vaguely similar enough that I have difficulty automatically seeing the difference and have to more consciously identify which is which. It would be nice if one was changed to be a little more different in color from the other.
people have tolld me to much that i will change right now thanks for the comment <3

Oct 26, 2017

Good point, didn't actually pay much attention to those subtle differences but it is indeed a bit confusing for new players that you first have to multi-combine runes into upgraded ones, and then combine these as well to use/see the upgraded attacks.

Also, if you want to fully enjoy Kiwi's animations (mostly for Line's attacks, but also when the enemy gets damaged), make sure you have high HP, a good nature stat and match tons of nature+potion runes so you don't run out of HP/MP.

(I provided a save with batshit crazy default HP/MP for Line as well as low attack stats for this purpose in the thread a few posts above, but if you are trying to actually lose, the high HP/MP will conflict with that so better use that kind of approach. You can also use CheatEngine/ArtMoney/etc as long as you have basic pointer and memory dump modification knowledge.)

If Kiwi implements some kind of 'auto-loss' button press in the future, I'll just provide a MP+nature one so you can both win/lose without breaking a sweat and without using memory modification tools.

4.00 star(s) 11 Votes