Doll World [v0.8] [Slooty Slots]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

SenMizeri

Sep 23, 2021
What is the AI stuff people are talking about? Isn't this made with Daz?
They added AI stuff past chapter 7, mainly talking bimbos... funny that one of the comments is about broken ai anatomy... considering most women's bra size don't have a letter in the alphabet to fit them.

You're getting muppets who are hating on AI stuff for the sake of it (watched a YT video about AI is gonna take over the world just like in the movies or some rubbish). It's got no storyline, you're basically fapping to images, with some music along the way. It breaks the harmony of the game inserting 2d art, but you know, I don't think that's why people are hating on it -.-

Judge_Hershey

Jan 6, 2019
I don't think it's so much criticising the principles behind AI as it is criticising the way AI assets are implemented in the game. Regardless of what you think of the AI "style", it's a complete disjoint from the other characters, and they are essentially just a series of images of AI renders. You could argue that most of this game is just a bunch of images like a kinetic novel, but at least there is some consistency with the characters, even if its minimal. The AI "dolls" are just one and done and feels more like a "look what I can do with AI" exercise for the dev to play around with a new tool.

It's not what the players here seem to expect, but maybe the dev's patrons are happy. I'm not subscribed so I wouldn't know.

If the dev really wants to do something with AI, they should just release a side project that focuses on it rather than mixing the sauces.

SenMizeri

Sep 23, 2021
I don't think it's so much criticising the principles behind AI as it is criticising the way AI assets are implemented in the game. Regardless of what you think of the AI "style", it's a complete disjoint from the other characters, and they are essentially just a series of images of AI renders. You could argue that most of this game is just a bunch of images like a kinetic novel, but at least there is some consistency with the characters, even if its minimal. The AI "dolls" are just one and done and feels more like a "look what I can do with AI" exercise for the dev to play around with a new tool.

It's not what the players here seem to expect, but maybe the dev's patrons are happy. I'm not subscribed so I wouldn't know.

If the dev really wants to do something with AI, they should just release a side project that focuses on it rather than mixing the sauces.
Oh yeah, I 100% agree with this criticism, because it's not a knee jerk reaction to AI... It's ham-fisted in, and not consistent at all. I only played it because I wanted to see how the AI was used in here. It's a lazy attempt at game development.

I've been looking into games with AI art, and like any other game, those that put effort into development are still good games, but the same criticisms are brought against them. It's blind criticism - like calling out the anatomy on the AI, even though the AI art has more realistic anatomy then the models do (with balloon boobs). Criticise a game for what it's done poorly, not because of your philosophical beliefs on AI art.

Reactions: Stonerberg
2.40 star(s) 13 Votes