RajunCajun

Mar 27, 2018
I've been having to redo the game cause of the update glitch and Katrina seems way way way harder than the first time around. Is there any particular reason why her whip attack has to do so much more damage than any other thing she does to the point where even trying to spam defensive upgrades in't helping and I have the best armor I can possibly have at this stage and am level 8? I've got the rhythm of the fight down fine it's just like not really much I can do against that much damage output in the 2nd part of the fight with crappy medium potions for healing (and really what's the point of any other healing method when it's like a few hundred HP) and trying to guess what it's going to do and hope I can get a window in to attack. I know it's supposed to be femdom but this is just kind of downright unpleasant particularly since I already beat this boss before and it wasn't like this. I think some people are right when they say this first fight is just kind of unreasonably designed and kind of silly.

Actually to be honest I have a lot of problems with this redesign after being at it for a couple hours with the current update. First of all there's lots of buggy things about it even outside of the game save issue. I've had multiple times where I've triggered dialogue scenes I'm not supposed to and soft locked the game. Sometimes hits just randomly stop connecting entirely for both me and bosses and it's effectively a soft lock as well. The menus sometimes conflict with each other or stop functioning properly and also cause soft locks.

In terms of things that aren't soft locks. There ought to be a way to skip past some of these punishment scenes if the player is going to be there a kind of ridiculously long while grinding like this. I don't even really see why it has to be quite this intense with the grinding now because it wasn't this all over the place in damage output between attacks before which is really the biggest problem here. For example when I get an excellent hit it's like 2000-2,500 damage but a regular hit does barely 500 or so which is crap against a boss like the first one and makes all the difference. It feels like if I could get off a sequence of lucky critical hits the boss could go down super easy but that has yet to happen. Likewise the boss goes from dealing more than manageable damage to far too much after the 2nd phase kicks in. Again mostly with the whip attack, anything else is negligible honestly. Also even after breaking out of holds the boss gets an extra attack in for some reason and even breaking out of them is RNG. Also most of the abilities you get at least early on still just kind of seem completely useless or under-powered and like you're better of just kind of using your turn to attack and hoping for the best.

I don't know man I was sort of fine with how it was before but I'm just sort of not feeling this update with all the bugs it seems to have and just wild damage and ability balancing. Maybe I'll check up on things again in a year but there's just far too many buggy things about it in general right now with this update for me to get much enjoyment out of it either as a game or from a femdom perspective. Like I've seen most of these scenes already when I beat the boss in a previous update before it became like this and before the save was no longer valid with the update. I hope it's understandable why this is frustrating.

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
Haven't played for a while, but it really seems like Dekarous kinda goes nuts with these massive game-wide overhauls rather than just fixing the problems and exploits that he doesn't like. Tied for first there was the Shadowbound>Surrender>Llavanya's Melody>Free turn before going Shadowbound again exploit. Instead of fixing the "Surrender" mechanic so that it ends the fight instead of filling up your TP bar while Shadowbound prevents the fight from ending, he mucks around with how many MP Shadowbound costs... so you just have to be a higher level to use the exploit. Also in first there was the fact that Mary and Katrina were beatable. Instead of removing the items and abilities or scripting rigged fights, the game gets a complete overhaul including mobs to grind against for EXP you can use to gain abilities in your selected class tree.
Unfortunately there was nothing to keep someone from completely progressing through each class tree in preparation for fighting Katrina for the 2nd time, and basically every class was virtually unbeatable with a full compliment of skills. There was also that cool-ass exploit that allowed a player to select a 2nd Class Tree's worth of skills by getting an NPC to level up (You haven't lived until you're that elementalist/crusader class wielding 2 staffs regenerating your MP every turn, Casting MULTIPLE spells to give you up to 3 attacks each turn, just blasting the shit out of everyone by making them into exploding popsicles!)

So now it sounds like there's another massive overhaul that's even more full of bugs and likely allows for a whole new set of exploits. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the world he's created and the abilities he sets up for MC. Really needs to just do some math and balancing so that mobs either stop showing up or stop giving EXP once MC reaches a stage where he should be able to figure out how to use his skills to win the boss fight.
I'd rather he lets good volunteer playtesters really sift through proposed updates for a few weeks looking for exploits, bugs and making sure that the stage IS beatable without being easy, while he starts building a new stage. Then he'd have a wide variety of suggestions on what the best types of fixes or rebalancing are and only need to implement the advice given instead of routinely going through a months-long rebuild of the whole game. It'd back up the FIRST routine public release date, but man... you can FEEL Dekarous' continued frustration with the game not going EXACTLY how he wants it.

Dekarous the product is GREAT in a myriad of ways, but you DON'T have whole team of developers under you! Because of the limited target audience, prioritize the positive reactions of the target audience and target the Dev lessons you learn for YOUR future projects.
SURE, this is a nice big potentially epic fantasy save the world story... but honestly, they're a dime-a-dozen. I guarantee that Domina will NOT be your only epic fantasy project unless you get stuck on it forever. If I was the Dev, I'd much rather hammer through this project's storyline to its conclusion, have the results be less-than-perfect but appreciated by the audience, and build my next world (or build an expansion chapter) with the greater expertise gained from this endeavor.

Once it's done, you can always remake the whole game at a later date if you want to :giggle:

RajunCajun

Mar 27, 2018
I also want to point out that when I finally beat the 7.5.1 Katrina fight at level 10 it wasn't because I did anything particularly differently, it's because during the second phase of the fight she only used the basic whip attack (the one that deals like 3-4 much times as any other attack she does and that can't be outhealed using the one good option in medium potions if she decides to do it a lot) once and missed and the Doomblade poison got applied basically every single time I attacked that run so I was basically able to just sit back and spam some heal potions and then do a hail mary final flurry of attacks to finish it off before it killed me, one of which also luckily critted allowing me to just barely edge the fight.

It basically all just came down in the end to waiting for the boss to cooperate during a run so that I could actually apply any sort of strategy on my front otherwise it doesn't seem to matter what you do, you're fucked no matter what most of the time unless the boss gives you a good pattern even if your stats are theoretically good enough to win which they'd clearly been since level 8 or so. I can't help but feel this is going to be the case for the other fights as well somehow and that again it just kind of needs a lot of work and it's better off seeing how the game is in a year or so or maybe just when it has a final version. I get a serious work in progress rough draft of a game vibe here still.

Jun 20, 2021
I also want to point out that when I finally beat the 7.5.1 Katrina fight at level 10 it wasn't because I did anything particularly differently, it's because during the second phase of the fight she only used the basic whip attack (the one that deals like 3-4 much times as any other attack she does and that can't be outhealed using the one good option in medium potions if she decides to do it a lot) once and missed and the Doomblade poison got applied basically every single time I attacked that run so I was basically able to just sit back and spam some heal potions and then do a hail mary final flurry of attacks to finish it off before it killed me, one of which also luckily critted allowing me to just barely edge the fight.

It basically all just came down in the end to waiting for the boss to cooperate during a run so that I could actually apply any sort of strategy on my front otherwise it doesn't seem to matter what you do, you're fucked no matter what most of the time unless the boss gives you a good pattern even if your stats are theoretically good enough to win which they'd clearly been since level 8 or so. I can't help but feel this is going to be the case for the other fights as well somehow and that again it just kind of needs a lot of work and it's better off seeing how the game is in a year or so or maybe just when it has a final version. I get a serious work in progress rough draft of a game vibe here still.
Domina is pretty much still a WIP and there's a lot of room for criticism as Deka is still making Raa, the new Domina. Personally one of my biggest issues is that Katrina has to be very grind-ey. LoveHurts said a possible reason why you have to grind a lot for Katrina is to see how strong the Dominas are to Edgar in Medium mode (I got up to the twins in both Easy and Medium mode) but it's still pretty annoying nontheless. Oh well. There's plenty of room for improvement, criticism and ideas.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Very interesting.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
These are some interesting ideas for bee-domme finishers. The Beekake scene could be a nice 'Game over" scene. I could see a few of the queen's servants circling around MC and drowning him in their honey. I really like the acidic honey idea as it plays to the same deadly love idea as the short stack domina. Not only could this inflict pain, but it would also be humiliating for MC to get a face full of angry honey.

Perhaps there could be a time limit to defeating her in reference to males being exiled in winter. MC has to defeat her before he gets exiled from the kingdom or executed.
That is one way to go with that reference. I think a better way to go would be to have MC arrive just after queen bee turned her last harem of past champions into lost ones.

Bees actually have another attack besides using their stingers (Which could be referenced with a strap-on), they literally cuddle their opponents to death and kill them with their bodyheat. from this I was thinking she could have a thing for cuddling and use a lot of high damage grapple moves to beat MC.

We've been waiting for 10 months for a new Domina and the new one is called " Pharaoh"... Rings a bell, doesn't it?
I thought she was called "Raa"? If they are calling themselves "Pharoh" I am getting some big "Heart of the cards" vibes from her. Aka, another unwinnable fight. And this time we can't screw the rules and use three attacks in one turn.

Last edited:

Metalkick

Mar 22, 2020
Alright, I'm no hero, but since all of you have been waiting for a while, here's one of the three images that were posted. You're not missing much, it's just images of her with different facial expressions and text. Another post was made by Dekarous about what his patreons wanted her fetishes to be. The poll is currently in progress. Won't add much more other than that... For now. Let's say that his patreons do have some tastes. I might share the poll if people want it. If not, well you'll have the surprise later. ;)

As for Raa herself, I quite like her design. Not wanting to knock on the previous work of the artist, but Raa looks more polished (at least to me) than the other dominas in comparison. Definitely the artist improved quite a bit over time, which is always nice to see.

ivan.abakarov

Oct 27, 2018
Alright, I'm no hero, but since all of you have been waiting for a while, here's one of the three images that were posted. You're not missing much, it's just images of her with different facial expressions and text. Another post was made by Dekarous about what his patreons wanted her fetishes to be. The poll is currently in progress. Won't add much more other than that... For now. Let's say that his patreons do have some tastes. I might share the poll if people want it. If not, well you'll have the surprise later. ;)

As for Raa herself, I quite like her design. Not wanting to knock on the previous work of the artist, but Raa looks more polished (at least to me) than the other dominas in comparison. Definitely the artist improved quite a bit over time, which is always nice to see.

Damn she looks very good

Jun 20, 2021

Mommy- I'm sorry- Momm- sorry-
SHE'S HOT. SHE MAKES ME GAY

Reactions: Aszccdd
3.40 star(s) 52 Votes