Jjjorougumo

Dec 10, 2017
how well does the MTL read in this? i really enjoy happypink's games but don't wanna have to slog through barely readable text lol

luckyeddie88

Nov 25, 2018
Instead of using locale emulator I would recommend trying to just change your system locale to Japanese, locale emulator has issues with many games still.

Install japanese language pack
View attachment 1512685
Change Region to japan but keep your regional format as it was to avoid messing with dates or anything else.
View attachment 1512686
Make sure language for non-unicode programs is set to Japanese
View attachment 1512687
If you do it make sure to restart the system and every japanese game should work from now on without having to use emulators, you will also stop running into issues when unpacking games with Japanese characters because you have the language pack now.

If all else fails, try updating your .
I tried everything you recommended but the game keeps freezing or crashing

Tacoman3000

Feb 20, 2018
I also sometimes get such an error or even "freeze". I tried to unpack using the Japanese encoding, ran it under the Japanese locale - it just gives the same error quite often.

Im also getting this bitmap error. Its weird, you can just reload and do the scene and get through it, but its kinda unplayable right now.

Rempacious

Aug 4, 2019
Instead of using locale emulator I would recommend trying to just change your system locale to Japanese, locale emulator has issues with many games still.

Install japanese language pack
View attachment 1512685
Change Region to japan but keep your regional format as it was to avoid messing with dates or anything else.
View attachment 1512686
Make sure language for non-unicode programs is set to Japanese
View attachment 1512687
If you do it make sure to restart the system and every japanese game should work from now on without having to use emulators, you will also stop running into issues when unpacking games with Japanese characters because you have the language pack now.

If all else fails, try updating your .
System locale is japanese, extracted with japanese unicode, updated RTP to the latest, and alternatively used locale emulator while still using japanese as system locale and still nope. Not sure if it's my files corrupted, MTL error along the way, or the game is just like this so gonna wait for the fix of this one. Gonna try the JP ver. just in case.

EDIT: So I downloaded the game in a different site and it's now working again with no bitmap errors. Not sure where did it go wrong but it's either the game got corrupted during download or whatever it causes.

Last edited:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
EDIT: So I downloaded the game in a different site and it's now working again with no bitmap errors. Not sure where did it go wrong but it's either the game got corrupted during download or whatever it causes.
That's probably it, do you remember the mirror you got it from?
I've seen this happening with other users in different games too, since nopy is gone people are using other mirrors and this issue is getting more common, maybe one of them is corrupting downloads? Would be nice to confirm which one.

• Wow
Reactions: Yukihirou

Brendon90

Apr 27, 2018
The MTL is about average, but the story is pretty simple so it's understandable at least. The animations are amazing though.. It would be a 10/10 game with a proper translation.

I'm not sure if it's related, but since many Japanese game names are very long the path might be too long for Windows. So if you rename the folder or put it up a few folders closer to C:\ it might fix the errors.

Also If anyone wants here are some edited english translations for the tutorial screens in-game (talk to the bear in the room to view). Just put the files in Pictures.rar in Graphics\Pictures and replace all of the files. Some previews and the original pictures are attached too if you want to restore them.

Last edited:

Chunchunmaru2Z

Jul 28, 2017
I get freeze quite often, especially when extend time or calling.
Btw, game quality is very good if the bug got fixed

Chunchunmaru2Z

Jul 28, 2017
I am able to resolve the freeze by uninstall k-lite codec, maybe it's freezing because many instance of LAV audio are created

Bknjuu

Dec 10, 2018

Anyone else getting the error that "Chat_BaloonPicture9.png" is missing? I've only got 0-5 and 8 in my graphics/pictures folder.
I get this too and also missing that png

JPH

Oct 14, 2017
What's up with the recollection room? I can't access it. It just gives me a voice line from the MC

bon97

May 16, 2018
What's up with the recollection room? I can't access it. It just gives me a voice line from the MC
I dont think theres an actual recollection room, if you press x or escape and get the menu in game there's a video tab with all the scenes.

Reactions: JPH
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes