Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Thank you for posting the announcement, I am going to post the full post here so everyone knows the information we put out there:

View attachment 856825

Hi everyone. We have some terrible news to share with you. There is no easy way to say this. After being unresponsive for several days, we have learned recently that Palmer has passed away suddenly. We are really sorry for this unexpected turn of events.

This is extremely hard news for the team emotionally, but it also puts us in an extremely awkward position, because we must ask you, after reading this notice in its entirety, to immediately cancel your pledge to , and then request . We can’t even guarantee that Patreon will offer a refund, since they will evaluate it according to their own policies. Please do not ask anyone in the dev team for a refund – we have no control over that money. Nobody is controlling Palmer’s account currently, we can’t even access it to post this news. We have informed Patreon support of the situation, and shutdown of Palmer’s account is pending official legal notice.

We also ask, since we can’t yet put a statement on , that you spread the word and share this announcement which will be posted on .

The team has been in a state of shock, and I know a lot of you will be upset as much as we are. We have set up a channel on , “Remembering Palmer”, and AW will shortly post an obituary for Palmer which we hope you’ll read, and we hope you’ll share your memories of Palmer and what he and his games have meant to you.

ABOUT THE FUTURE
There’s a lot of uncertainty. But given how close we are to finishing DH, and how far it already is into development, it would be a waste not to finish the game. The team would like to finish Double Homework, and carry on working on projects that we already had planned, and to continue Palmer’s legacy. However, we have lost all our monthly funding. We have started a , where, if you choose to continue supporting us, you can do so. If we rebuild enough, we can finish the final chapter of DH and make the sort of game that Palmer would have been proud of, and carry on making games into the future.

Thank you for your belief in us and your love for our games. This is a difficult situation, and it will be hard for us to move on without Palmer.

-Love-Joint Team

FAQ
Q: What happened to Palmer?
A: We don’t know exactly. But it was sudden and unexpected. And he is gone.

Q: Why have you lost access to Palmer’s Patreon creator account?
A: For security reasons, only Palmer had access to it. Even if we did have access to it now, there are legal reasons why we can’t just take it over. According to Patreon support, Palmer’s page will be deleted once they confirm he’s gone.

Q: Who do I contact about a refund?
A: Please contact . Unfortunately we have no control whatsoever of Palmer’s creator account, so we cannot issue refunds ourselves. And we can’t guarantee that Patreon will refund you either.

Q: When is the final episode of Double Homework coming out?
A: We hope that we can have it out at some point in November 2020.

Q: What is the future of Love-Joint?
A: There’s a lot of uncertainty, but all the members of the team are willing to keep going if we secure enough funding.

Q: If last DH episode is finished, what will happen next?
A: The whole team is willing to continue, and we already have some ideas, but almost certainly, our plans have changed from what was stated by Palmer on his last announcement.

If you have any more questions or you would like to post a tribute to Palmer, please feel free to join our .
Holy fucking shit! This is...I honestly can't find the words... :cry:

2020 is a horrible fucking year. :(

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
Such sad news. I wasn’t a patron before despite loving the games but added you new account to my sponsorships to help out a bit.

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
Such sad news. I wasn’t a patron before despite loving the games but added you new account to my sponsorships to help out a bit.
Thank you so much, it really is appreciated. It was always Palmer's will the team continued if something ever happened to him, we all want to continue his legacy.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Unfortunately I have to admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of Palmer's products, but it's deeply sad that he is no longer with us. I also lost a very good friend this year and can therefore well imagine how you are doing. In any case, I wish you all the best with your future projects. But take the time you need.

Zephrah

Jul 26, 2018
OMG! I am so sorry to hear this. I was away for a few days and this just hits me. Damn it...and he was the one that I had pledged to on Patreon, even with the situation with Covid and me losing my job, I still liked his game.

I don't know what else to say, rest in peace Palmer. :(

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
This is of course horrible news and a tremendous loss to the community. I first saw Palmer's work in an AIF game he did a few years back. I never would have guessed that it would have grown from that to DfD or DH. I now feel pretty bad for saying bad things about the game recently, even if I was just speaking what was I believed. Games like DfD and DH have a way of drawing you into them with their lovely female characters, and to tease you with visions of what is yet to come. For a lot of us, it's our emotional investment into the game or it's characters that make us take it personally when things don't go the way we want.

Palmer was a genius. I think we can all agree he knew how to do a lot of things just perfectly, and that's a major reason for the success of his games. We don't know what happened to him, but so many artists come from troubled backgrounds or had their own demons to fight, often in direct proportion to their gifts.

I've cancelled my Patron for Palmer as suggested, although I won't ask for last month back. I was kind of thinking that this next update was going to be the last month anyway. But I'm going to give love-joint games a shot on Patreon, and see what they make, and how things are different without him being a part of it. I suspect it will still be very good, although it will be missing Palmer's tough.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
The last chapter of DH could be Palmer himself showing up to save the day. A few keystrokes on his computer, and the other players watch as Dennis fades away and is barely remembered. A few more strokes, and the cruise was a non-stop party of fun. Then another for keystrokes and the MC heroically saves everyone in that tram from the avalanche, and we get to see the MC suddenly confident in front of our eyes. It ends with Palmer and the girls waving at the MC as he heads off to the Olympics as the number one seed. Then Palmer himself walks off into a white corridor with an honor guard of current and past characters from his games, with the last line being about how Heaven needs some fun and sexy games too, plus all of the angels want parts in the next one.

Reactions: Archxangel

yamcha

Jun 23, 2018
RIP such a hard worker and wishing his family and friends the best in these hard times

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
RIP Palmer

didn't always agree how things were done but at least games were nice.

apparently this means that no official offline versions of dh.

Reactions: Champaklalgandu
3.30 star(s) 90 Votes