ecchiprepei

Mar 13, 2018
sure and there would be more leaks of patron version (dfd is 1 example).
Downgrading the whole product in order to prevent leaks sounds unwise to me, since you are effectively punishing the people that are willing to support the development of the game by presenting them an inferior product.

The concept of the game is great, but the way the game runs doesn't do it any favors. Personally, I rather support games that don't feel like a chore to play.

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Downgrading the whole product in order to prevent leaks sounds unwise to me, since you are effectively punishing the people that are willing to support the development of the game by presenting them an inferior product.

The concept of the game is great, but the way the game runs doesn't do it any favors. Personally, I rather support games that don't feel like a chore to play.
Despite his engine choice I love his work. Renders and girls in his games are really good especially in Double Homework.

But I agree with you. I hoped that Palmer can switch to Renpy after he finished DFD but he didn't. That was a huge letdown for me. Most succsessful developers still using Renpy. Because it is a good choice. Waiting for assets, slow transitions, poor save/load menu are not user friendly.

I believe that Renpy developers still getting enough support despite the leaks. I'm not sure this is the real reason but If Palmer is using his own engine only to prevent leaks, this means he is not trusting his work. If you are good at your job people always support you no matter what.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I'm not sure this is the real reason but If Palmer is using his own engine only to prevent leaks, this means he is not trusting his work.
This is complete rubbish. For professional developers like Palmer, this is not a side hobby, this is their business. As such, it has to run on a business model. While the interface may be different and the menus and save menu may seem to be clunky at times, the overall success of the model (as demonstrated with DFD) indicates that if the story is good and the renders are good, that people will put up with minor inconveniences. There are games built in Unity, which I absolutely hate, that I will still view because the story and work are of high quality. If using their own engine facilitates Palmer receiving the income that they need to create their work, so be it. None of what you said has anything with not trusting their work.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
So I played Episode 11 through the link someone posted, and Palmer changed something he's never done before.

Of course the cliffhanger is probably the biggest in the game, but he didn't show preview scenes of the next episode at all.

He must be playing this one really close to the vest.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So I played Episode 11 through the link someone posted, and Palmer changed something he's never done before.

Of course the cliffhanger is probably the biggest in the game, but he didn't show preview scenes of the next episode at all.

He must be playing this one really close to the vest.
would you have wanted preview? not that it'd have necessarily anything to do what happened.

1nikolas

Aug 23, 2018
it's just strange for there not to be the "Coming up in the next episode"
The "coming up" thing is only when the next episode is relesed. When you play the episode free version when its released officially, next eposode is already relesed thats why there is "coming up next" on the previous one

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The "coming up" thing is only when the next episode is relesed. When you play the episode free version when its released officially, next eposode is already relesed thats why there is "coming up next" on the previous one
haven't played non-leaked version a while and i'm sureish that leaked had previews.

Reactions: herruva

Sayujiro

Aug 25, 2018
hey y'all

i was wondering about something for quite some time now and i woul apreciate your opinions.

it happened in Ep7 and hasn't been brought up till now, but i cant help and wonder what on earth made Tamara do this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

it seemed to me that this creep has some dirt or anything on her as well, so he might have been blackmailing her into this.
also, the question what Tamara was doing that night still is unanswered. was she really with the creep? and what did they do, or better asked, what did he do to her? may that be the cause for her behaviour? she obviously didn't like answer to him as his 'girlfriend'. but it seemed to me she felt she had to do it for some reason. if she only wanted to facepalm the MC, she woulnd't have hesitated, would she?

like i said, i would like you to share your thoughts on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: werni5

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
hey y'all

i was wondering about something for quite some time now and i woul apreciate your opinions.

it happened in Ep7 and hasn't been brought up till now, but i cant help and wonder what on earth made Tamara do this:

it seemed to me that this creep has some dirt or anything on her as well, so he might have been blackmailing her into this.
also, the question what Tamara was doing that night still is unanswered. was she really with the creep? and what did they do, or better asked, what did he do to her? may that be the cause for her behaviour? she obviously didn't like answer to him as his 'girlfriend'. but it seemed to me she felt she had to do it for some reason. if she only wanted to facepalm the MC, she woulnd't have hesitated, would she?

like i said, i would you to shre your thoughts on this.
Pretty sure she was just trying to piss off the MC or make him jealous.

Reactions: Mr. Vargas

Sayujiro

Aug 25, 2018
Pretty sure she was just trying to piss off the MC or make him jealous.
actually, that was my INITIAL assumption while playing. but palmer did a good job on facial expressions so far. and her look and the hesitation (indicated through the "...") made me think this over.

thx for your opinion btw^^

Reactions: Vainglorious

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
hey y'all

like i said, i would you to shre your thoughts on this.

pim0

daydreamer
Donor
Sep 20, 2018
Palmer on Patreon

Double Homework Ep12 preview: Morgan
A nice preview of a scene with Morgan if you want to go that route in the game!

We haven't published any previews from DH Ep 12 on Patreon so far this month, which some of you have commented on and requested. We did do a stream where quite a few work-in-progress images were shown, but since you wanted previews here, we're only happy to oblige.

The reason we've been quiet here on Patreon is that we do not want to spoil anything from this episode, so we have to be very careful what to show. I guess the above image is sort of a spoiler, but it's of course an optional route, which you are probably accustomed to at this point. I suppose another thing I can say is that Morgan's character development is quite spectacular in this episode.
If there's time, we'll post more previews!
prev1.png

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
like i said earlier if this goes to 19 chapters then mc will run out of girls to bang.

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
CG_Hug.png

Double Homework Episode 12 preview: Love

As we said in the last post, we're not going to spoil anything about this episode, so this image will just have to speak for itself...

We wish you all a very good weekend, and for those of you who are $10/$20 patrons;

• Love
Reactions: Antosha and Otyi
3.30 star(s) 90 Votes