Zephrah

Jul 26, 2018

Greetings you absolute legends!
At this point I usually post a good looking preview, or something to that effect. This month is a bit different though. As you are no doubt aware of, the world is currently a bit of a crazy place, and that affects us all, including our current development team and schedule.

I think we have held up very well so far, despite last month’s slightly shorter chapter. Last month we knew we were going to publish a shorter-than-normal episode, Due to the current effects of Covid-19 and additional factors, we now know that we can’t deliver an episode worthy of our quality level on deadline. We will simply need a couple of more weeks to accomplish this. We learned of this today, and wanted to tell you as soon as possible.

We could for sure finish a half-baked episode on Aug 31, but instead chose not to, simply because we feel you deserve much better, and don’t think this is good enough. Instead, we’re going to take a bit more time to make this episode the way we want it to play out. We are truly sorry that this episode will be delivered later than what we usually do, but in this case, quality has to overcome quantity.

Do we want to end Double Homework on a bad note? Definitely not.

Every single month we put an enormous emphasis on quality. Given how few episodes remain of Double Homework, this emphasis has grown in importance and we naturally expect a really good episode, despite our very small dev team. Believe me when I say that we are doing all we can to both expand the team for our two new games and deliver DH on time. We’re still looking for new artists and writers by the way!

In short, we value quality over quantity. For once we don’t think we can do that this month, and ask you to bear with us as we develop the game we ourselves would like to play.

With this delay in mind, please know that the whole development team is doing everything it can to release this as soon as possible. And of course, all August $10 and $20 patrons will get this episode even if they don’t support us in September. Basically, if you paid for a sub this month, you will get the game (but we would definitely appreciate your support in September too).

Stay foxy, much love.
Palmer

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Is there a download that includes all the episodes in one game?

Thanks
Nope, and there never will be. All of Palmer's work is issued in separate episodes, either online or standalone.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
well that's a shame, but whatever. i think i'll still try the game out anyway
The game, as pretty much all of Palmer's work, is quite good with an emphasis on very high quality, both in dialogue and renders. I think you will not be disappointed.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
official offline versions would be nice but that's probably too much to ask until game is finished (if even then (yes I know dev has said there'll be offline versions too)).

GermanioBR

Dec 3, 2018
Well, its been 4 months withous free offline versions. The game already in 18 episode and we stuck with 12. I know this involve a lot off trouble to make off-line versions, and Palmer has to focus on his patreons to launch free versions of the game,
but the anxiety for a new offline chapter is killing me!!!
damnit, I really need to learn how to control my anxiety :giggle::giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: Joshua69

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well, its been 4 months withous free offline versions. The game already in 18 episode and we stuck with 12. I know this involve a lot off trouble to make off-line versions, and Palmer has to focus on his patreons to launch free versions of the game,
but the anxiety for a new offline chapter is killing me!!!
damnit, I really need to learn how to control my anxiety :giggle::giggle:
palmer et co aren't making offline versions of dh atm, when they will is mystery to every1 but palmer et co.

1nikolas was making those unofficial offline versions but didn't finish ep 13 offline due not much demand for it.

vcghbfbem

Sep 13, 2016
Palmer's works are good, ones of the betters for taboo contents beginning with Emily, but now that Patreon changed the rules that taboo part is worst, you can change the relationship (and without the taboo the story is a bit strange), but at the same time now is all too much "vanilla" and the relationship is not deepened as the beginning (because you can choose other relationship). In some way, I like the games less because when it's the point where you can show more their relationship it's also the moment when their relationship became more nebulous.

TheSpy101

Apr 1, 2020
Nope, and there never will be. All of Palmer's work is issued in separate episodes, either online or standalone.
Well, I mean, not all of them. Play With Us! 2 was a single complete (Albeit short, about 16 to 24 hours (depending on how fast you read and make choices) for all the available routes) Visual Novel and Play With Us! was a sort of mini 30-minute story (In fact, I think Play With Us! 2 was supposed to be one as well if you look at the sneak peek at the end of the first 1, but at some point ended up as a full VN). Also, don't forget the Stranded With Her alpha that released a number of months ago (I think that's what it was called), which is a complete story. Any news on when the official release is? I mean seriously, they hype it so much on Patreon and Twitter for months, if not a year, then just drop the Alpha (With almost no music, aside from a few tracks borrowed from DH) and seem to just forget about it.

Last edited:

GermanioBR

Dec 3, 2018
palmer et co aren't making offline versions of dh atm, when they will is mystery to every1 but palmer et co.

1nikolas was making those unofficial offline versions but didn't finish ep 13 offline due not much demand for it.

Yeah, I know... I think the last free version is the 14th chapter isn't? It's this I meant to say when I compare 12th with 18th chapter. It's a gap of 4 chapters here.
Anyway, as I said, i have anxiety problems to solve, so im not complayining in any form... I work with IT and do some programming for live and I really know how long takes to do this things. And its specially hard when you have do decompress, change and recompress something.
I used to do this when I used to translate games for portuguese-BR in the past, extracting text files, translating e recompressing them again. Fallout New Vegas took me almos a year of work with 65k dialog lines. :oops::oops::oops:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, I know... I think the last free version is the 14th chapter isn't?
yea but doesn't matter much since like said no offline version so not much to update on op besides title and change dates.

3.30 star(s) 90 Votes