Luderos

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2020
Keyboard?!
how to control the game and what buttons are assigned on the keyboard?
Hi, it's still a pretty simple demo, but the controls are WASD to move, I for inventory, E to interact, (you can assign consumables to 1-4 but there's not much of a point yet). In the sex scenes, clicking on the grid in different spots control thrust speed/depth, doubleclicking starts auto-thrust, and clicking again stop it.

game is abandoned :(
No abandoned, just slow, got to a point where I needed to learn a bunch of things to really progress :) :(

Chris2041

Oct 12, 2017
Hi, it's still a pretty simple demo, but the controls are WASD to move, I for inventory, E to interact, (you can assign consumables to 1-4 but there's not much of a point yet). In the sex scenes, clicking on the grid in different spots control thrust speed/depth, doubleclicking starts auto-thrust, and clicking again stop it.

No abandoned, just slow, got to a point where I needed to learn a bunch of things to really progress :) :(
How are things going how is the next update?

Luderos

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2020
How are things going how is the next update?
Well, everything seems to take orders of magnitude longer than I expect, but that's what I get for trying to make this type of game I guess :) I know more about blender now than I ever wanted to know, but it's still only a drop in the bucket lol.

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
Well, everything seems to take orders of magnitude longer than I expect, but that's what I get for trying to make this type of game I guess :) I know more about blender now than I ever wanted to know, but it's still only a drop in the bucket lol.
Anything you want to casually discuss?

Fruzsina

Feb 9, 2018
In the sex scenes, clicking on the grid in different spots control thrust speed/depth, doubleclicking starts auto-thrust, and clicking again stop it.
I wonder if sex scenes can have a different mechanism? Something like... Same grid, but with WASD/arrows? That would make the mouse free, to look where the player desire.

Luderos

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2020
I wonder if sex scenes can have a different mechanism? Something like... Same grid, but with WASD/arrows? That would make the mouse free, to look where the player desire.
Thanks for giving it a try! The version I'm working on now will have a 3rd person camera as an option, so the controls will definitely have to be tweaked a bit, probably the numpad/numeric buttons as hotkeys.

ubieeftiem

Mar 28, 2021
any way you could give a bit more graphics control in the options? preferably disabling shadows, lowering the render distance for the plants, etc etc?

Luderos

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2020
any way you could give a bit more graphics control in the options? preferably disabling shadows, lowering the render distance for the plants, etc etc?
Definitely, although maybe not in the next release. Hopefully performance will be improved enough that it won't be as much of an issue though.

Luderos

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2020
Can any of you please update the GoFile link since it says: "This file doesn't exist?"

Thank you!
The GoFile link on the main page should be updated now:

Also, I just realized that I'd never posted the link to the test barn scene from last year. There's a small vid of it a few posts back. It's just a single scene and the AI has control once you sit, so it's not very interactive, but some of you might find it fun :) (also note, it's a bit buggy). (The Gofile links died, so I updated the one above and added this scene.)

Last edited:

KeltyH

Nov 27, 2020
The GoFile link on the main page should be updated now:

Also, I just realized that I'd never posted the link to the test barn scene from last year. There's a small vid of it a few posts back. It's just a single scene and the AI has control once you sit, so it's not very interactive, but some of you might find it fun :) (also note, it's a bit buggy).
Both files doesn't exist, what should I do?

Luderos

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2020
For me this links doesn't have file.
This one looks like it works to me: (It looks like the links in the quoted post didn't update when I edited it, so maybe that was the problem?)

asdfafsfa

May 6, 2021
During the fight sequence, I couldn't attack. The L-key didn't seem to do anything and pressing T fixed it for some reason. After hitting T, I could then left click to smack.

After the fight, it seems like the sex sequence caused an incredible amount of system lag. Maybe a queue system for clicks and some logic to discard / garbage collect what the queue can't accommodate? I'm running a AMD 5600x and a Rtx 3080 so that isn't a low end system.

It seems as if changing the resolution or graphics quality was impossible. No attempts to change that or change into window mode seemed to stick.

Movement felt clunky. Gaining momentum on the first step felt uncomfortable and the pace felt slow, hopefully there will be a jog/walk toggle added. To feel snappy, I generally recommend that stopping occurs proportionally. Like if it takes 6 frames to reach the top of the speed limit for the PC, it should take 3 frames to drop to a dead stop. If starting is instant, stopping should be instant.

From a game developer standpoint, I would suggest you keep the vertical slice format you've got going and keep working out the nuts and bolts. Maybe a focus on sex animations like WildLife is, to draw donation revenues. Make your additional species, see if you need additional bones or facial morphs to make things work the way you want.

The story/romance is great stuff, but without pregnancy and statistics / quest flags figured out, you would get stuck in a huge loop of having to retrofit the save system and fix old story content to respect new systems.

Think about saving now and start designing towards it, otherwise it will be hours upon hours of revisiting your old work.

Now for the praise: I like your attention to detail. That your characters in both cases actually undressed themselves is very promising. I feel like the characters will look and feel organic. That's much better than a bunch of fade-to-black segments strung together... Or two people warping into sex positions after a dialogue exit. Keep up the good work on transitory animations and this will have a strong relationship/romance vibe.
L is for Left-Click, not L key

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote