VN Ren'Py Down the Road [v0.2.0c] [Fasder]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
You should do that before sunburn, not afterwards! Learn how to treat a lady!
Yes but Wouldn't that depend of if its Aloe Sunscreen?.
Or Aloe gel for Sunburns?.
Because if you use the Gel before she get's sunburnt or the Sunscreen after she gets Sunburnt.
That would be both pointless, stupid and not exactly treating her like a lady?.... ;)

Reactions: OhGodNotAgain

single_guy_from_au

Jun 18, 2023
This game looks really good - the graphics top notch, but how often the updates are coming?

Fasder - how often are you planning to release updates (just a rough estimate - because your slushe page has a lot of posts)?

I found that if there is a long delay it is hard to keep up with the events a few years down the road, but this game looks really good.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
This game looks really good - the graphics top notch, but how often the updates are coming?

Fasder - how often are you planning to release updates (just a rough estimate - because your slushe page has a lot of posts)?

I found that if there is a long delay it is hard to keep up with the events a few years down the road, but this game looks really good.
I don't plan updates because 1) This is not something I really do full time. 2) It's very easy to be overly optimistic when it comes to release times. 3) I have mental health issues that crop up every now and then and I simply can't work much for extended periods.
I release when whatever segment I'm working on is done, this typically means every 6 months roughly. I also have a bit of work left on Making a Mark, which means that for this update it took longer than it typically would to get the update out.
It's unfortunate that it's hard to keep up, but I don't have any real solution to that, it's just how it goes and I know it's the same for a lot of other developers.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TheDick69+

single_guy_from_au

Jun 18, 2023
I don't plan updates because 1) This is not something I really do full time. 2) It's very easy to be overly optimistic when it comes to release times. 3) I have mental health issues that crop up every now and then and I simply can't work much for extended periods.
I release when whatever segment I'm working on is done, this typically means every 6 months roughly. I also have a bit of work left on Making a Mark, which means that for this update it took longer than it typically would to get the update out.
It's unfortunate that it's hard to keep up, but I don't have any real solution to that, it's just how it goes and I know it's the same for a lot of other developers.
Please, take care about your health - we all love your games and want you to be well and happy!

I am looking forward to the next update (whatever time it is going to take). (y)

Reactions: TheDick69+

Hybris

May 9, 2017
I have to admit that I have enjoyed this game way more than I expected, it really shows that you have talent.

I do have a question: With the titty clicker game is there a special reward for getting the perfect score of 300?
I do feel that since the minigame itself has technical issues that you had to put in a splash screen for a fix that it maybe better overall for the quality of the game to slow it down considerably so the game engine can handle it without issue based off of what I have read of your other posts.

The connect 4 game also is of dubious value as its too easy to get boxed in with man boobs that do way too much time damage even when you haven't broke 100 points yet. Some refinement is needed here as well.

Otherwise this game has a level of quality that isn't seen all that often around here. I look forward to any updates you manage and God willing completing this project.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I do have a question: With the titty clicker game is there a special reward for getting the perfect score of 300?
No, not currently and I don't think I will make one but it's always a possibility.
splash screen for a fix
I could remove that now after the engine update as the game seems to run considerably better after that. However, it may still run pretty shit if you have a bad PC so may as well keep it there in case it helps someone.
to slow it down considerably
I think that would make the game way more boring tbh, as an old FPS player I quite enjoy the game and the speed... though it can get crazy if you get unlucky, which is all part of the game. I also don't really think it'd help much with performance, but I might be wrong about that, still not sure why it tanks performance so much.
I managed 300 points in one game I did and I got very lucky in the later stages, but I still remember that moment. :)
The connect 4 game also is of dubious value as its too easy to get boxed in with man boobs that do way too much time damage even when you haven't broke 100 points yet. Some refinement is needed here as well.
I agree, it could be a lot better... I'm just not sure what to do with it to make it better. I have some ideas but no clear path to make it better so we'll see. I thought I might as well just keep it there and have people play it to see what people thought rather than just leave it out.
Otherwise this game has a level of quality that isn't seen all that often around here. I look forward to any updates you manage and God willing completing this project.
Thanks!

single_guy_from_au

Jun 18, 2023
Fasder - I am really happy that you continue work on this awesome game!

This is one of the game that I cannot wait to see the next episode (and I know that you are plannig to release 'Making a Mark' next as you told me, but still).

I am really glad that you have time to post those amazing pics for all of your fans.

Thank you for your great work! (y) (y) (y)

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes