RPGM Downfall: A Story of Corruption [v0.14.0] [Aperture Studio]

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
late august 2022, version 0.10 was released. Then the dev took the next 4-5 months to create v0.10.5 which had no new content, but some game and code changes, that he said would help him a lot to release more updates more regularly, and also implemented a gallery, but only for the grandpa quests. So basically the april update, which had new content only in the main quest and the masseuse, is the only content this game has added in a little over a year. Kinda concerning
Well damn, I agree with your comment more than I agree with my own. Well said. Sure sounds like someone milking doesn't it?

Roninrain

Sep 7, 2023
Though I have never justified his actions but yeah I will agree with this comment 100%. Whole audience opinion matters I have also supported dev initially for 2 months but because he give updates rarely I cancelled mine.

Logic is simple no ones actually needs to become his patron if it is just about the game because they can get the game somewhere else uploaded anyway but some people are still supporting him because they genuinely wants to support him and not just for the game . If he starts to become active and give realistic dates I will again support him and I am sure many people will also.
It is necessary to make him realise to not take audience for granted .
I don't see how I have become thief if I am just giving my opinion ???
Positive Criticism is necessary right?
I agree with the audience part . I have played this game for the first time previous week and I liked it though I was disappointed why this not has much animation but yeah I was gonna support the dev but seeing this behaviour of him here made me back off . I will wait for the update or will wait till the game finishes than maybe I will support. I am unhappy but yeah I am not his patron so not angry with him . I don't have right to be angry with him I can just give my opinion.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Though I have never justified his actions but yeah I will agree with this comment 100%. Whole audience opinion matters I have also supported dev initially for 2 months but because he give updates rarely I cancelled mine.

Logic is simple no ones actually needs to become his patron if it is just about the game because they can get the game somewhere else uploaded anyway but some people are still supporting him because they genuinely wants to support him and not just for the game . If he starts to become active and give realistic dates I will again support him and I am sure many people will also.
It is necessary to make him realise to not take audience for granted .
I don't see how I have become thief if I am just giving my opinion ???
Positive Criticism is necessary right?
100% same boat I was a Patreon and his communication is poor, so I dropped support. If he would have some consistency with his status updates I would happily subscribe again.

I maintain 3 Patreon subs and one SubscripeStar, but they all provide consistent updates.

Marvan

Aug 14, 2018
The game is great in my view. greeting to dev. However, I wanna remind him, "your word is your bond". before you tell anything, you should think first because Trust is very difficult to build, but it disappears quickly.

Bondager1982

Jan 12, 2022
100% same boat I was a Patreon and his communication is poor, so I dropped support. If he would have some consistency with his status updates I would happily subscribe again.

I maintain 3 Patreon subs and one SubscripeStar, but they all provide consistent updates.
Same here, I've been a patreon for more than a year, but the poor comunication and lack of updates made me drop it.
I was considering to rejoin if update was out in August...

Reactions: wildride69

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
thank you, aperture studio. :giggle::coffee:

i understand the sometimes negative feedback can be a bit overwhelming and i assume this was one of the reasons you went radiosilent. but most of us don't mean any harm, we are just confused and a bit frustrated when we get confronted with several release dates. and yes, thats how much we like your game! - and i think you too. ;)

anyway thanks for finally releasing the update. keep it up. (and please keep some constructive feedback into important consideration)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: wildride69

Rohan2000

Aug 10, 2023
thank you, aperture studio. :giggle::coffee:

i understand the sometimes negative feedback can be a bit overwhelming and i assume this was one of the reasons you went radiosilent. but most of us don't mean any harm, we are just confused and a bit frustrated when we get confronted with several release dates. and yes, thats how much we like your game! - and i think you too. ;)

anyway thanks for finally releasing the update. keep it up. (and please keep some constructive feedback into important consideration)
Send me the download link please

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
This has been an ongoing issue for a long time now. So I don't know why people are still complaining, like it wasn't expected. This Dev will take his own sweet time to update the game, and I don't see any complaints, either here or on his patreon site changing that. It's his game and therefore it's his right to take as long as he wants, and ignore any criticisms if he so chooses. That's definitely not the best way to encourage people to become patrons, or stay as patrons. But if he hasn't got that message by now, it's obvious he never will. So why keep going on about it?

Either he'll update the game or he won't. I'm not a patron, so I'm not owed anything by this Dev. I'm just grateful when content comes out, whether it takes a month, a few months or 8-9 months. If you're a patron then it's a different matter, but there's a very easy solution, just cancel you're subscription if you're not satisfied.

While you're waiting for this Dev to decide whether he wants to update his game, just play one of the thousands of other games on this site. There are almost limitless options, many of which do get updated regularly.

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
Hey people,

sharing pictures, update blogs, wallpapers, ... is not a problem but in order to help the dev and show some respect to its work I can't post the new update right after it's available on patreon, so I'll wait a couple of days. I think I can share it before a public release.

P.s. in my modest opinion I thought, considering the change log, that the time required for the release was affected by the amount of content but honestly I think that content-wise the new update is not that awesome. It's a big set up for future scenes but right now Idk.

Sorry for the post, I know that everyone seeing the notification "FMag replied to the Downfall thread" would jump in hoping for the update link.

sirbajo

Donor
Aug 19, 2016
Hey people,

sharing pictures, update blogs, wallpapers, ... is not a problem but in order to help the dev and show some respect to its work I can't post the new update right after it's available on patreon, so I'll wait a couple of days. I think I can share it before a public release.

P.s. in my modest opinion I thought, considering the change log, that the time required for the release was affected by the amount of content but honestly I think that content-wise the new update is not that awesome. It's a big set up for future scenes but right now Idk.

Sorry for the post, I know that everyone seeing the notification "FMag replied to the Downfall thread" would jump in hoping for the update link.
I'm not laughing for you not sending it i'm just laughing with your last sentence XD

• Haha
Reactions: FMag and wildride69

Darkblaze23

Oct 25, 2020
Hey people,

Always with u fmag

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes