RPGM Downfall: A Story of Corruption [v0.14.0] [Aperture Studio]

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Phases ----

Phase 1 - Complain about, and to the Dev regarding his long release times.
Phase 2 - OMFG it's here! We need a Hero!
Phase 3 - Why are they so many bugs! This update sucks. They don't know what their doing!
Phase 4 - Why didn't he focus more on my Favorite character and so much on this character? This update sucks
Phase 5 - When is the next update! Why is it taking so long?? He's milking his Patreons!

Rinse and repeat. Did I miss any Phases? :ROFLMAO:
sounds like your the one being a whinner now, oh and the update was really pathetic. Also, its annoying as F*** to have quests "be available" and then when you try to do them you can't where as some it says no new content. THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME dev.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
sounds like your the one being a whinner now, oh and the update was really pathetic. Also, its annoying as F*** to have quests "be available" and then when you try to do them you can't where as some it says no new content. THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME dev.

o_OWow you are a bitter sad little man. You can't let it go and find humor in a joke post. I feel bad for you. Seek Help The grass is outside.
touch-grass.gif

Last edited:

oste22

May 31, 2017
You get it free as soon as it gets out, and you have the nerve to complain that someone wasted your time lol, shut up and be grateful that you can even play it damn incel.

Ven95

Jul 13, 2021
I think your reaction is a bit much, it sure was a bit confusing, but you will live...

I'm still waitting to get ANY action in one of the first questroutes, dirty secrets, but again, nothing. That really is getting a bit ridiculous at this point. It seems the dev is rather limited in working on to many questroutes at once, so I get that there isn't progress in every route, every update, but 10 updates later, I think I can ask why this is the one that doesn't get anywhere.

Adding to that, we got 3 new questlines added just in THIS update, without any other content but starting them, which is considering my above thoughts not a smart move, since the last additions are also stuck at that point. Don't think that was the best decision, might confuse and annoy players in the long run.

Jan 7, 2022
Seems like a small update, not sure if it’s worth playing. Can anyone tell how much content is there in the new update?

Will be awsome if someone can share some/any pics from the new update: v0.12.0.
Will decide after checking the pics.

Reactions: podkop09

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Who/where is Mr. Robot?
He's a hacker who is helping you get revenge on your previous employer.
Residential map, south and east of your Home, large house with a gray roof. Enter the house and go through the door in the middle.

If you were wondering about the wandering: it is needlessly complicated.

HTH

Reactions: rom ross

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
A lot of emotions going on here.

I did enjoy the Phases post, it is pretty funny.
But the disappointed people do have a point and it is understandable if they sometimes word it in an angry manner.

Ultimately with how long it took to get there, added to the previous claim that under the hood changes had to be made to make things better and faster, one cannot be blamed for being disappointed or even annoyed.
If some people believe in their heart the dev is full of bs, it certainly is a position that can be understood, if not proven.

Personally I first disliked the story (because of the hypnosis artifice that I don't value) and then liked it better when it turned out to be a good corruption arc. But the gameplay has remained terrible, what with the pointless RPGM map, and the nonsensical links between quests.
If you compound to that the failing delivery model that takes so long to provide an update, it makes it hard to care for a story and characters when you forget what was going on since the last update a year ago. It's also making the navigation hard when you don't know what is where anymore (there still isn't a name on top of all the locations). Made yet worse when bugs (Mr Robot doesn't show where supposed to) or arbitrary hidden rules (linked quest that doesn't say it in the log, only when you get to the location) prevent you from progressing in a decent fashion.
Altogether it makes for a very shoddy and unsatisfying piece of work, no matter how good the renders look.

This brings me to a point where I've had my share, and so I'll take my time and money elsewhere.
But if people hope this will get somewhere good eventually, I'm glad for them and wish them luck.

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes