m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
the v2.0 is new content. It just contains Cassie's new chapter though. It'll eventually be merged into the rest.
Which means I guess right now there is no uninterrupted continuation past version 1.1.5, that's what I'm saying.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Which means I guess right now there is no uninterrupted continuation past version 1.1.5, that's what I'm saying.
Old content needs to be re coded in the new framework that Rome made, so that it is consistent with new content and it does not break.

So, for the time being, they are separated elements. But story wise, 2.0 continues the story with Cassie chapter that, story wise, happens after her chapters in 1.1.5

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Old content needs to be re coded in the new framework that Rome made, so that it is consistent with new content and it does not break.

So, for the time being, they are separated elements. But story wise, 2.0 continues the story with Cassie chapter that, story wise, happens after her chapters in 1.1.5
Thank you for clarification. Still, I wasn't wrong, 17 month without continuation, and I think Ren'Py is already a kind of framework, with almost zero need to code anything. Here's an example:

Code:
label post:
    scene room
    me "What is going on?"
    show you thinking
    you "Oh, I know!"
    "..."
    show me enlightened
    me "Wow, cool!"
    $ cool_explanations += 1
    if cool_explanations < 9999:
        jump post
label conclusion:
    me "We need to recode this code!"
Sure that kind of code needs a lot of recoding... ;)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Thank you for clarification. Still, I wasn't wrong, 17 month without continuation, and I think Ren'Py is already a kind of framework, with almost zero need to code anything. Here's an example:

Code:
label post:
    scene room
    me "What is going on?"
    show you thinking
    you "Oh, I know!"
    "..."
    show me enlightened
    me "Wow, cool!"
    $ cool_explanations += 1
        jump post
label conclusion:
THERE IS continuation on the story. That it requires you to simulate your saves is a technical problem, not a continuation one.

I have no idea about programming. My understanding was that he uses other non renpy software, so what he did was write something that would write the renpy code.

Reactions: RomanHume

Construct

Oct 31, 2018

Code:
label post:
    scene room
    me "What is going on?"
    show you thinking
    you "Oh, I know!"
    "..."
    show me enlightened
    me "Wow, cool!"
    $ cool_explanations += 1
        jump post
label conclusion:
I didn‘t check the differences between the two versions, but have you? I came to understand that some extra features like non Standard UI and additional clickable stuff on screen requires a bit more than your equivalent of a Renpy Hello World.
The dev himself can probably shed a bit more light on what is going on behind the scenes.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
17 months? Last update was February 2021.

Using a framework does not mean almost zero need to code anything - I see this mistake made by a lot of non-programmers. Frameworks facilitate coding but do not mostly/entirely eliminate it, unless what you are making is a near carbon copy of something that already exists and could be made entirely with off the shelf components (which this game cannot.)

I don't know what's involved with the changes in how the dev is working that make v1 incompatible with v2, but I trust that they're necessary to realise the dev's vision for the game. Plus the content for the last update was quite impressive and I'd say it took a lot of work. To assume they're sitting doing "nearly nothing" is not justified.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
17 months? Last update was February 2021.

Using a framework does not mean almost zero need to code anything - I see this mistake made by a lot of non-programmers. Frameworks facilitate coding but do not mostly/entirely eliminate it, unless what you are making is a near carbon copy of something that already exists and could be made entirely with off the shelf components (which this game cannot.)

I don't know what's involved with the changes in how the dev is working that make v1 incompatible with v2, but I trust that they're necessary to realise the dev's vision for the game. Plus the content for the last update was quite impressive and I'd say it took a lot of work. To assume they're sitting doing "nearly nothing" is not justified.
Proper course of action when someone is that far off the rails

Add to ignore list

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
Is there a walkthrough? Characters Guide seems only like theyre simply blue for vanilla and red for naughty and action.
But not specific which and how. Is this why there is no Gallery yet?
Routes are many, scenes are different and many?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Is there a walkthrough? Characters Guide seems only like theyre simply blue for vanilla and red for naughty and action.
But not specific which and how. Is this why there is no Gallery yet?
Routes are many, scenes are different and many?
There are two paths with each person, red or blue.

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
There are two paths with each person, red or blue.
Yeah but like could I still go on full blue but go on red for a little to get a scene, then switch back to full blue path? Like Nanami for example. Can I still have a scene with her if I balance my red and blue points and go all red when a scene is about to happen? Is that possible?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah but like could I still go on full blue but go on red for a little to get a scene, then switch back to full blue path? Like Nanami for example. Can I still have a scene with her if I balance my red and blue points and go all red when a scene is about to happen? Is that possible?
Possible, though it could be harder to see everything, if that is something you are inclined to do, and it is also possible you could miss things, but I am not sure on that.

• Sad
Reactions: evilkitty97

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Any singular scene plays out according to whether the scene's main girl is red or blue at the beginning and then your decisions within the scene itself. However, if a scene started "blue", you will not get the "red" content from it no matter your decisions within this scene.

There's different content in both parts however, so you'll always "miss out" on stuff, but also always will get stuff. There is no "right" or "wrong", no "good" or "bad" color. Just play as your heart desires. If you want to see all content, you'll need two runs, in that case the easiest way would be to go all blue in one and all red in the other, though in theory you can mix and match as you want. You can always mix and match different characters, so go red for Amana and blue for Amanda, or the other way round, or give them the same color.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Just modify the red/blue balance in options right before the next scene starts.

Reactions: evilkitty97

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Any singular scene plays out according to whether the scene's main girl is red or blue at the beginning and then your decisions within the scene itself. However, if a scene started "blue", you will not get the "red" content from it no matter your decisions within this scene.

There's different content in both parts however, so you'll always "miss out" on stuff, but also always will get stuff. There is no "right" or "wrong", no "good" or "bad" color. Just play as your heart desires. If you want to see all content, you'll need two runs, in that case the easiest way would be to go all blue in one and all red in the other, though in theory you can mix and match as you want. You can always mix and match different characters, so go red for Amana and blue for Amanda, or the other way round, or give them the same color.
I presume doing red on some and blue on others in a single save will not give you any extra scenes (same with mixing red and blue on a single NPC).

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I presume doing red on some and blue on others in a single save will not give you any extra scenes (same with mixing red and blue on a single NPC).
As far as I understand it: no. You will get one scene out of two each time which will only be determined by the color of said character before the scene starts, no matter other character scores, no matter whether you've been blue all the time or are just 51-49.

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
There are no more animations at version 2.0? Please someone confirm. That would be really disappointing..

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
What are people saying about Lita content? I havent had any of her except that first confrontation of her at the bar where Bodyguard Miles were too. Did I miss it? How do I get her? And what "blackmail" involved with Lita are they talking about?

Apr 1, 2018
I read this in the "dev note" and now I'm more confused then sure. So some features can be completely turned off alr makes sense but here is where I get confused NTR?? cheating?? trans and pregnancy is understandable so if NTR is off does the male MC no cheat anymore? or does the wife also cheat on the MC behind his back and that's what the NTR and cheating is for? i'm super confused can someone clarify what the dev meant by "ntr and cheating" can be completely turned off?? did they mean those for the MC or some other ncp?

ozzo

Mar 4, 2018
I read this in the "dev note" and now I'm more confused then sure. So some features can be completely turned off alr makes sense but here is where I get confused NTR?? cheating?? trans and pregnancy is understandable so if NTR is off does the male MC no cheat anymore? or does the wife also cheat on the MC behind his back and that's what the NTR and cheating is for? i'm super confused can someone clarify what the dev meant by "ntr and cheating" can be completely turned off?? did they mean those for the MC or some other ncp?
wife cheats on ya in the red path

Reactions: MyGirlsNowYoink

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
In terms of this forum (let's not get into the debate about the meaning "out there" please) NTR always refers to the protagonist being cheated on, not to them cheating on others.

4.40 star(s) 78 Votes