lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Hello guys,
I'm new here and haven't figured out everything yet, so apologies if this question has been already answered in this thread.

I've downloaded 0.60 version of this game, but haven't had a chance to play. Now that 0.65 is out, how do I update the game? Oh and for future reference, how do I update my games from this website and keep game progress?

Thank you

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
I can see where Jessica got her irritating character and bad manners. Mate, you want people's money. If not, why do you have a patreon? You are putting a product in the market, but you only want to hear favorable opinions... I´m afraid that´s not the way it works.

By the way, that "Let me put this to bed.There is one person that REALLY likes Jessica. ME.And that's how it's going to be." comment, kind of pissed me off. As far I know, you are not the owner of this forum. If I want to say that this character is an annoying man with boobs, I will say it. If it bothers you, it´s YOUR problem. If YOU REALLY likes Jessica like that, is great, and I don´t care that´s how it´s going to be since I´m not going to buy your game. As we say in my country, the horse is yours, so ride on it or not, your choice. but you don´t "put it to bed" if I want to criticise a character or a game in a public forum. And, of course, I´m not a troll for saying it.
You quoted a saying from your country, let me quote a saying from my country : you don't catch flies with vinegar. Little before your initial post, i posted a constructive, honest one. I said i didn't like Jessica, but also said , fellas, if that's your poison, go for it. Then other people started talking about Jessica, well, tearing her down, and low and behold, that's the moment when the Dev shows up, ironically to announce news regarding the Jessica arc. Maybe that's why he reacted like that. I actually have a gripe about a plot landmine , where he inadvertently breaks the fourth wall, and then gives you two choices, which turn out to be actually no choice at all. I'm hoping that he might take it into consideration for another time. Now, that's constructive. Where i think he's wrong , is where he tries to make folks see things like he does. Well, Upton Sinclair wrote a masterful denunciation of the Capitalist system, and what folks took out of it, was "meat packing plants should be cleaner". Once you set your baby out there, you can't control how people perceive it.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
dl patch? I've got winrar for unziping. And what about keeping game progress (so by the time another update is released and I've made significant game progress, I don't lose said progress)
Thanks
He meant go to the first page post and download the 0.60 to 0.65 patch, unpack it then copy the files in that folder and replace with the files where the game.exe is located if you on pc, as for the save just make a backup if you want to be totally safe , but it doesn't replace the save folder.

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
It's not so much peoples opinions that are the problem.

Ptolemy has said time and again the main story path and characters aren't changing. It's not a choose your own adventure, it's a set story with a few minor choices and one big choice towards the end.

Not liking anything there is fine, constructive criticism is great and opinions are fantastic.

What's grating on a few people now is even after it's been said that certain things aren't going to change, people still expect things to change to suit them. It's like pissing into the wind. No matter how hard you force it out it's still coming back at you.

Ptolemy is making the story he wants to make and we decide if that's something we like. He's not making the game others want it changing into and that's where some people are falling flat.
You're right, i can agree with everything you said. But from my chair, it looked like he was shutting down conversation altogether. If i'm proven wrong, i'll take it back, gladly. I read through a few rollercoasters in this thread, and yes , it's a waste of time telling the Dev "do as i say". But folks can still talk about it, right ? And he's free to either take it under consideration or ignore it entirely. It looked like he was saying "shut up", that one is out of bounds.

Reactions: dbp5ca

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
You're right, i can agree with everything you said. But from my chair, it looked like he was shutting down conversation altogether. If i'm proven wrong, i'll take it back, gladly. I read through a few rollercoasters in this thread, and yes , it's a waste of time telling the Dev "do as i say". But folks can still talk about it, right ? And he's free to either take it under consideration or ignore it entirely. It looked like he was saying "shut up", that one is out of bounds.
Not at all, he's just letting them know she won't be changed.

That's all that's ever been said but some people keep trying to get things changed and that's when tempers fray.

Opinions, discussion and criticism is all welcome as long as people don't expect anything to change for them with regards to characters or story, that's all.

Not everyone will like everything, you just can't please everyone constantly. Some people don't like Andrea, some don't like John and some don't like Jessica but they all have their place in the story and the story is all that matters. It's not a personal thing, he's not trying to shut down anyone saying anything he just wants it known he won't be changing things on request.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
He meant go to the first page post and download the 0.60 to 0.65 patch, unpack it then copy the files in that folder and replace with the files where the game.exe is located if you on pc, as for the save just make a backup if you want to be totally safe , but it doesn't replace the save folder.
I believe I've done it correctly, but when I launched the game, it said 0.60 version. Does that mean that nothing changed, or the version number doesn't change after updating?

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
I believe I've done it correctly, but when I launched the game, it said 0.60 version. Does that mean that nothing changed, or the version number doesn't change after updating?
Sounds like something didn't get overwritten. I did the update and mine says 0.65 at loading screen.

tarheelmanjeremy

Jul 7, 2017
Here's the problem with opinions, they aren't fact and you seem to think yours is fact, it isn't.

We don't all share your opinion.

The thing with Ptolemy is he's said from the start he's going to finish the game regardless of the money so that's not his driving force, he has a job for that.

He had a story laid out and now he's making it. The other mahoosive problem with people like you is you think your opinions are important and others should bend to fulfill them. Things don't work that way.

This is a site with many games, comics, VN's and others forms of fap entertainment and not all of them are going to be aimed at you. This obviously isn't.

Things aren't going to change for you. We don't blindly praise his work because we're following along like sheep, we praise it because we like it. We also use the ancient mystical long forgotten art of common sense when we find something we don't like and move on to find something else.

Madness, I know.

No one tears anyone apart for having a different opinion. It's people that expect something changed to suit them.

You can dislike something, that's fine, just don't expect it changed for you.

I couldn't have said that any better myself!!

3.90 star(s) 64 Votes