Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Chapter5EndofScript.png
Chapter 5 - Have I just made it through all the writing part?

Hello there,

It's been quite a while, isn't it?

I know, I know I should post more, publish more custom renders, end the story before 2026...
But that won't happen considering how much time I have in my hands (unless I sacrifice something in the traditional list composed of friends, family, sleep or my personal time... And I don't want that).
Still, I keep working on DW at my own pace and while it's not much, it's still something I'm fine with. Especially considering no one owes me anything until a new version is released, so that's less pressure on my side.

Now, let's get back to our business! As the title says, I finally finished writing the Chapter 5 of Dreamland Wanderer (yay! \o/).
Once more, I went a bit overboard with more than 75 pages of script and I'm now worried about my ability to make all the renders before I hit retirement age.
But, from my own POV, it'll be way worth it!

Let me say a couple of words about what's coming in said release.
First of all, that'll be the start of May's route (unless you decided to go for April in C4, or keeping strategic saves as every man of culture should do).
Still, don't expect to go all in with her right at the start of your journey together. After 2 years, you should know that I'm a slow burn fanatic.
Other than that, you'll be able to spend a bit of time with some side characters I won't name here to avoid spoilers.
Last but not least, the story will move forward quicker than ever and will be packed with action, epic fights (or not) and totally unrelated ecchi scenes.

I hope the attached render I made for this post is to your liking (especially you lr.i.nl…). It could be related to the next chapter. Or not, who knows…

Supporters, another post should follow this week with the names of the future events (tradition, you know...)
For the others, let's meet soon(?) for an update post regarding my progress on the renders.
Sweet Dreams.
Shli

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
First of all, that'll be the start of May's route (unless you decided to go for April in C4, or keeping strategic saves as every man of culture should do).
So maybe I'm dumb. I just played the entire 4.1 again and don't know how to avoid going for April. I always end up getting all of the events and having sex with April then the cliffhanger. I figured it was going to be a harem game because of that and other hints (like every girl obviously liking the mc, all of them flashing him at some point, etc.)

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
So maybe I'm dumb. I just played the entire 4.1 again and don't know how to avoid going for April. I always end up getting all of the events and having sex with April then the cliffhanger. I figured it was going to be a harem game because of that and other hints (like every girl obviously liking the mc, all of them flashing him at some point, etc.)
Hey,

That's because, as of 4.1, there is only 1 route which is April's one.
I decided to not implement a Harem route for the moment so that'll be 1 girl only.
When Chapter 5 will be out, April route will become optionnal right before the start of the sex scenes in chapter 4 (that's why I recommend you to save near that point).

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Hey,

That's because, as of 4.1, there is only 1 route which is April's one.
I decided to not implement a Harem route for the moment so that'll be 1 girl only.
When Chapter 5 will be out, April route will become optionnal right before the start of the sex scenes in chapter 4 (that's why I recommend you to save near that point).
Forcing people to have to restart or load back to certain parts of the game is really going to piss people off, especially with how long it takes between updates.

Delaying the Harem route is just going to make things awkward the longer you put if off for

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Forcing people to have to restart or load back to certain parts of the game is really going to piss people off, especially with how long it takes between updates.

Delaying the Harem route is just going to make things awkward the longer you put if off for
That choice could also be artificialy done in the update only version. I'll think about how to make that painless as possible.

As of today, the Harem route isn't delayed. It's not planned at all :)

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
That choice could also be artificialy done in the update only version. I'll think about how to make that painless as possible.

Ya I'm gonna have to second S1n on that. I downloaded this game because of the harem tag, you really could've addressed this years ago and saved a lot of people a good bit of time.
Solo routes in long pseudo sandbox games where you're forced to develop every character's relationship just don't work. If it was an actual VN then that'd be one thing because it'd be linear and replaying the common scenes across multiple saves wouldn't take too long. For a game like this where you have to grind affection and get through every scene it's kinda ridiculous to force solo routes, not even talking about how solo routes delay development.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Well, I understand your shared point of view.
Still, I haven't changed my mind about the fact I'm developing this game for myself in the first place.
That's why kinks that aren't mine will never be added at some point in the future (feet, pisss, scat, ntr etc.)
Besides, even as a fellow perv, I have more appeal over monogamous relationships (real and virtual). I'll remove the harem tag right away.

Anyway, I'm sorry if that's this precise point which made you decide to play DW and that's a valid reason to quit. However, a game only is a waste of time if you haven't enjoyed what you've played so far. Seeing you up to date to C4 make me think that it's not the case but I might be wrong. And if I am then, I can't give you back that couple of hours of your life.

Reactions: hofom77573

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021

Wow! If you took any money from people, advertising this project as a harem project, that's quite the moral conundrum, huh.

thinking.gif

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Wow! If you took any money from people, advertising this project as a harem project, that's quite the moral conundrum, huh.

View attachment 3642479
Yeah, I'm not worrying about that to be honest.
Anyone following my previous posts and statements should be aware of which way I want the game to go.

Besides, as of today, no one pay anything as it's pay per release (aka I don't need your money, I do that for my personnal pleasure first) and there are no releases. :WeSmart:

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020

Christ...

I took notice of this game around 2021 for this reason and you really only say this on the thread now.

Oh boy.

• Sad
Reactions: Fantasy Catharsis

Speppo82

Jun 21, 2020
I dont know whats the problem, i mean why a guy should have so many girls as girlfriends.
There are too many games with Harem option...Maybe the only thing sad we cant have a threesome MC+ two sisters XD

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Well, if that can make you feel better : Monogamous route doesn't mean 0 ecchi events with other girls. Being a couple is one thing, living in a house full of girls is another. Still sex is off limits of course.

Jul 31, 2021
Well, if that can make you feel better : Monogamous route doesn't mean 0 ecchi events with other girls. Being a couple is one thing, living in a house full of girls is another. Still sex is off limits of course.
That doesn't really sound any better when what you're saying just amounts to a bloke getting blue balls. Hard pass mate. Good luck with your game.

4.40 star(s) 13 Votes