• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Fan Art Dreams Of Desire: Art Assets Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
AlexStone

I haven't forgotten about adding your stuff to the OP eventually. I'm focused on other projects atm, but I'll get to it someday.

Thanks for taking the time to track this stuff down!
;)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: AlexStone

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
AuntEp9Outfit.jpg

Aunt Jenna Episode 9 alternative outfit.

Skirt is .
Top is
High heels are with tweaked shaders for sole/inner sole.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Alice G3 G8.jpg

Alice Genesis 8 Female single morph.
No navel, no nipples, no fingernails morph.
Requires no morphs other than the basic Genesis 8 figure.
Height 100% of standard Genesis 8.
HD details at your discretion, above render uses Victoria 8 HD details.
Alice G3F base as reference.

Last edited:

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Updated the morphs, now it includes Jenna.... This is now fixed.
Unfortunately, the morphs of the esteemed m4dsk1llz contain a few unfortunate errors in fingers rigging. This creates unpleasant 'finger-spaghetti' effects in some poses. I have therefore taken the trouble to correct this error, character by character. Stay tuned.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
So everyone knows, AlexStone already spoke to me about this issue. I am aware and want to thank him for taking the time to 'fix' my morphs. I am currently not in a position to fix them myself so I appreciate the help. Only have about half of my DAZ library installed and have more pressing (income generating) things to do.

Even though I am happy to finally get my new PC (5950X, 64GB, RTX3090, custom water loop, ...), it is painstaking to install all the apps and utilities needed to satisfy my workflow. Plus I am 'fixing' a lot of conflicts that exist in DAZ assets and that takes a lot of time and searching through the log file and morph code to try to figure out why they are 'broken' in the first place.

As an aside, I have been so busy that I have yet to do my first render on this PC.
Unfortunately, the morphs of the esteemed m4dsk1llz contain a few unfortunate errors in fingers rigging. This creates unpleasant 'finger-spaghetti' effects in some poses. I have therefore taken the trouble to correct this error, character by character. Stay tuned.

Reactions: OhWee

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
TracyG8-G3.jpg

Tracy Genesis 8 Female single morph.
No navel, no nipples, no fingernails morph.
Height approx 95% of standard Genesis 8, based on original OhWee G3 character.
HD details at your discretion, above render uses Robyn 8 HD details.
Tracy G3F base as reference.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hopefully when I get done with these installs I am going to try something a bit different with G8 conversion morphs moving forward. I will use a combination of converters and separate the head and body morphs. This could lead to some interesting variations of characters, like Alice head on Latisha body :D

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Hopefully when I get done with these installs I am going to try something a bit different with G8 conversion morphs moving forward. I will use a combination of converters and separate the head and body morphs. This could lead to some interesting variations of characters, like Alice head on Latisha body :D
I use the following working line:

- Leave only the necessary morphs on the G3F
- Export base resolution to .obj file (100% scale, Y-axis up, no textures)
- Load the resulting .obj as a morph via Morph Loader Pro onto the 'empty' G3F (this step needed for stupid X-Transfer script, checking 'characters presets')
- Set morph slider to 100%, switch to joint editor mode and match G3F skeleton to morph
- Run ERC-Freeze on the G3F morph
- Save resulting morph as morph asset
- Use X-Transfer to transfer morph from G3F to G8F
- Set morph slider to 100%, enter joint editor mode and adjust G3F skeleton to morph (this is fixing 'spaghetti fingers' issue)
- Run ERC-Freeze on the selected G8F morph again
- Save the morph again as a morph asset, this time for G8F

... and then I brazenly go into the original DAZ files in /data directory and set the required morph parameters (e.g. morph picture). It's faster this way.

Of cause, with such an approach you can do any combination of morphs.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Mom G3G8.jpg

Mrs. Turner (Mom) Genesis 8 Female single morph.
No navel, no nipples. Fingernails morph is included, since it is connected to Beauty Fingers morph used for original G3F character.
Height 99% of standard Genesis 8, based on Lilith 7 character height for G3F.
HD details at your discretion, above render uses Victoria 8 HD details. Some slight morphs on G8F lips and face to compensate Lilith 7 HD details of G3F.
Mom G3F base as reference.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
AlexStone, that is basically the same workflow as I use. But I use Send to Hexagon and Send to Daz instead of exporting then importing the .OBJ. It is exactly the same process just no .OBJ left over on your HDD.

Once it is on G8 you can then use the Development Kit character to split the morph into head and body morphs. That is what I plan on learning after I am fully up and running.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
AlexStone, that is basically the same workflow as I use. But I use Send to Hexagon and Send to Daz instead of exporting then importing the .OBJ. It is exactly the same process just no .OBJ left over on your HDD.

Once it is on G8 you can then use the Development Kit character to split the morph into head and body morphs. That is what I plan on learning after I am fully up and running.
Other option to edit custom morphs is excluding vertexes by standard DAZ low-level tools.
is a short tutorial.
It's just that the Delevopment Kit has a few unpleasant limitations, while the low-level tools have none and you can make morphs as complex as you like.

Reactions: xooocaail.com

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
AuntG3G8.jpg

Jenna (Aunt) Genesis 8 Female single morph.
No navel, no nipples. Fingernails morph is included, since it is connected to Beauty Fingers morph used for original G3F character.
Height is 100% of standard Genesis 8.
HD details at your discretion, above render uses Tara 2 HD details. Some slight morphs on G8F lips and face to compensate Ophelia 7 HD details of G3F. The body details of Ophelia 7 HD are quite convex, bold and unique, so Tara 2 gives only a rough approximation.
Jenna G3F base as reference.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Latisha G3 G8.jpg

Latisha Genesis 8 Female single morph.
No navel, no nipples, no fingernails morphs are included.
Height is 102% of standard Genesis 8 female (Monique 7 default)
HD details at your discretion, above render uses Monique 8 HD details.
Latisha G3F base as reference.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Better at the G3

Morph for Genesis 8 is simply a handy tool. So I don't take the epithet 'better' to mean how different the models themselves are.

Here I have purposely removed all emotion and poses, the task is to find a real G3F. :)

233.png

All in all, the Genesis 8 morph simply allows you to use the entire library of hair, clothes, props, expressions without the limitations that the Genesis generation imposes.
No more, but no less than that.

Reactions: qwertzuioü

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
A simple but often time-consuming question, namely the MC model for DoD renders.
The original game, understandably, used a character based on G3M (M7), the closest to which is probably .

The situation is simplified by the fact that we never see the MC's complete face in full-face or even in profile, but only his hairdo, chin, cheek or other non-significant parts of his face. So Jared for M7 reproduces the MC's figure well - whatever? enough!

115.png

The only problem is Jared's rather tan textures, but there is a solution for that: they can be borrowed from .
Good hair for MC is , his main everyday outfit is .

And for those who want to use the G8M, here is my MC variant based on the new generation of DAZ3D figures:

116.png

It is a combination of head ad HD head and body details with body and textures.
Dicktator male genitalia morphs are in the list.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
AuntHaEpOutfit.jpg

Jenna Halloween Episode outfit.
Lingerie is .
Rabbit tail and ears are with tweaked textures (leather+satin shaders for ears and furry shader for tail).
Jenna model is G8F with full body morph, Tara 2 HD details.

Last edited:

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
TracyHEOutfit.jpg

Tracy Halloween Episode outfit.
Bodysuit is with tweaked textures (black shine leather).
Leggins are .
Leggins textures are from tweaked to 100% black diffuse color in thighs area.
Vampire fangs and face blood LIE preset from (because of G8F for Tracy as a base, for Tracy G3F you can use original fangs morph).
Tracy model is G8F with full body morph, Robyn 8 HD body and face details.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
MomEp5Outfit.jpg

Mrs. Turner Episode5 alternate outfit.
Shirt and boots are .
Shorts are . You can use the shorts from the first set, but in this case you have to change the textures (NB: see correction below).
Environment is .
Mrs. Turner model is G8F with full body morph, Victoria 8 HD body and face details.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote