Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Developer Update #110
0000.jpeg
Time marches on, and the anniversary of this update draws near.
There are a few images left to render for the Danielle solo scenes ...

Last edited:

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Oooh sounds like an update is getting close! This is one I most look forward to even though we didn't get to kill Sebastian and somehow showed restraint towards him.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Am I the only one who thinks this game could use an "Harem" mod?

It wouldn't be completely far fetches as far as the story goes... :sneaky:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I feel like...things were kinda going in that direction anyway. a bit slowly though. Cindy I am not sure about since I was not going to do that to Louise. No chance. She's way too sweet to betray her with a random hookup in a club bathroom.

Reactions: m4pII and Cenc

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1712625477804.png

Closing in on 2000 static images and well over 10,000 animation frames.
Still a ways to go, however dev has switched from working on the Louise/Danielle scenes
to completing the morning scenes.

Alpha testing is 99% completed at this point, all UX systems have been updated.
The final list of supporters at the end of March is to be included in the game credits.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020

Hello everyone,
Lots to update as I'm closing in to the completion of 0.4.8. Let's start with the colourful version of progress-at-a-glance.

Progress_image.jpg
And now the more in depth version:
progress1.jpg

There really is just the final scene (and it's various alternatives) to be done. This is currently underway and depending on how many animations I decide to do, I am aiming to have this completed within two weeks.

The final edit of the script has been sent for a polish before publishing. then the update goes off to play testing - There are a few different systems that I will be seeking feedback on, so this time round the test will be longer than normal.

This update has over 30,000 words spanning 92 pages and almost 10,000 lines of code. Almost 2200 static images with over 13,000 animation frames. For perspective, the first chapter (that is, ALL of chapter one) was a total of 28k words and ~750 images.

So, why is this so big? And why did it take so long? Simple answer, story paths. Call it a lesson learnt, hubris or whatever you wish - but the sheer number of alternative outcomes based on your choices in game means that everything needs to be accounted for.

Weather that be a corrupting influence on Kimiko, or protective, perhaps a love interest route with her, or with Danielle, or with Cindy. Did you interact with Cassie? Well there's a chance she and Cindy could get to know you better.

Or, did you tie the pool event mini-game? we're you supportive of Louise? Did you cut her from your life entirely? Did you lie to the police? Have you built a bromance with Jacob?

This isn't all of it, every path also has point based alternatives. I like stories that have branching narratives, but I also dislike pointless choices. In Dreams of Reality, you're choices really matter. And, going into the last and final chapter, the endgame will look very different depending on just what those choices are.

Release Date:
I'm setting myself a provisional patreon release date of 0.4.8 on Friday 24th May. 0.4.5 will be made public on that day also.

This gives me four weeks to get everything ready - but, as I've said before if I need to delay the date, I will do so.

Kimiko Image series:
I've made some initial planning for this image series, to remind everyone it will be split into two, the first "Virginity Confirmation" will be released, followed later by "Defloration".

Due to focussing on getting the next update done, these two image series will be made after the 0.4.8 update.

Next week I will post the change log and have some more details on how the update will be broken down. Until then,

Stay safe all.

Cenc

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes