Absurdity

Apr 2, 2021
offtopic... but not really, great taste on music, before this game i has never heared about the white buffalo, wich is weird many of the songs of this guy are awesome.
He makes a lot of the soundtrack for the TV series Sons of Anarchy. Most of the songs used here are from there. Definitely recommend it.

Reactions: feier

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
Bummer the Dev got sick, for them and for the game. Why is it that all the best games, manga, anime, ect, seem to end up unfinished or slow due to health issues.

Ya'll are overworking!

Glad this Dev is keeping at it though. This is probably my fav game right now.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Hey, guys!
This is my 10th attempt at posting this on Patreon. Since I couldn't do it there for some reason, I'll post it here, and then I'll try again tomorrow! I wanted to discuss a few things with you guys, but this post is going to be too huge already. I'll leave it to another post in case the need shows up. So, if you aren't aware of what's happening, I suggest checking out our Discord server.

1711335099983.png

Lets go to what matters!

Damn... DropOut Saga is reaching its second year of development, and I have grand ambitions for this year. July's update (second anniversary) will be awesome, as I already have many scenes set apart just for it. For this post, I want to discuss what to expect from this update. Ps: Renders here are not necessarily for the scenes in this update. Some are for future content.

GRACE
1711335122616.png

Grace has been a hell of an exciting character to write. Mainly because, differently from the other LIs, she's not friendly by default. Not occupying a subordinate position related to MC, she constantly challenges, tests, and maybe even antagonizes him if their interests are unaligned. While I won't say what I have in store for her, I can guarantee her family and background will contribute, perhaps even dictate, how future events will transpire and affect the story.

ASUNA

1711335163853.png

Asuna is by far one of my favorite characters. An angelical face hiding a devious mind. Already a big corporate in a multinational company while still in her early 20s. Properly introducing her has been one of my biggest frustrations. While I want to give more and more about her, she needs a slow pace in the story lest she overwhelm the audience and start appearing like the Mary Sue archetype instead of a three-dimensional character. She hasn't shined yet, but I think I've given her excellent pacing so far. And we have more about her in this update. She's also set to be one of the main characters for the next update.

The Theather

1711335199243.png

I explained a long time ago that we'll have five chapters. (I didn't say five download links)We'll explore the factions extensively along the way. Curiously (or maybe not), the game also has five factions. And while it looks like two storylines are happening simultaneously—the mafia plot and the college plot—they're not. They're slowly intertwining. Lori and Isabela have been in contact with the MC's dark side, and Sophia and Ava have realized the MC is working with something they don't know yet. Grace and Asuna also enter the stage in this update. Soon, Jasmin will also join the rodeo. The plan is to have both plots slowly interact, overlapping until they are both the same. The challenges for the MC to keep his life of sin a secret have been interesting to work with. But we all know one day, the bubble will burst. Or maybe it won't?

1711335235976.png

Planned Changelog
  • This update is about the same size as the previous one. About 1000 renders with many animations.
  • Fixed the gallery not properly unlocking the old scenes with Ava.
  • I updated how animations are displayed, which should stop the lag in old devices. (The complaints were very isolated, but I'd love some feedback on that.)
  • Fixed a weird bug that would sometimes not display the correct names and nicknames for the characters in case you didn't type anything when you had the chance
  • Some have said that rolling backward was disabled. I have never deactivated that. So make sure you're downloading the correct OFFICIAL version of the game. Just in case, I've forcefully set the rolling-back option to be True.

1711335281849.png

Plans for the Future
  • Add a screen to allow the player to change their nicknames. Typing something wrong and having to either restart the game or hack into the variables is a pain in the ass. I know it, you know it.
  • Animated backgrounds for the menus. The current state only displays a cinematic intro. I want every menu to have its own cinematic playing in the background.
  • Repeatable in-game scenes. I like how you can replay them already in the gallery, but I think that the option to, instead of advancing the story, hang out with the LIs for a while is excellent. The challenge would be how to implement this naturally. I'm still thinking about it, though.
  • And by the gods... MONTHLY UPDATES, PLEASE.

The Release Date

1711335323491.png

• Finally, I'll release the following update on March 31st (Next Sunday). Patrons have been supporting me tremendously and have shown more understanding than the circumstances deserve. As such, I want to show how much I appreciate that. I'll use this week to add one extra NSFW scene to the update. I'll make a poll tomorrow about it. You guys will decide which girl and what position they're going to do it in. I already made preparations for that in the story, so I'm not adding this extra scene just for the sake of it. I think it'll be great!
    • Not only patrons, but the whole community has shown more understanding and support than the circumstances deserve. You guys are also getting a treat, but I'll leave that as a surprise! ;]
  • Talk to you guys in a few hours about it!
    :suspepo:
    Cheers!
    :lovepep:

Last edited:

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023

Last thing before the Update

à l'instant

Hey, guys! What's up?

I'll keep this brief since my internet time at this public café is limited. Unfortunately, my power grid is still unstable due to the events we discussed on our Discord server. I have been without power since Thursday, and they said they were fixing it and that it shouldn't be longer than 48 hours. However, today is Sunday(Past the 48 hours), and I had to come here to let you guys know they haven't fixed it yet -.-'

I even brought my Pendrive to upload the update here, but the connection is too slow.

I am unable to log in to my Discord account, as some websites are blocked here, perhaps because Discord allows adult content. Therefore, I may not be able to communicate with you all there.
But... I brought some previews with me.

I'll let you guys know as soon as my power is back on. If it's on today, I'll post it today. I'll post it tomorrow if it returns tomorrow (No April's Fools joke D: ). But I won't wait another week. If they can't fix it by Thursday, I'll come back here earlier on Friday, and I'll endure the 12h wait for the upload to finish

Again... I'm blaming Murphy's Law -.-'

Talk to you guys soon!

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Honestly, uploading a game that takes 12 hours seems like a horrible time cuz anything happens, unless there is a system in place, will just have to restart the whole thing all over again.

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
He may or may not be, radio silence and no actual update leaves us to conjecture. I hope he works on it and does it well and gets all the praise and support due to him for it if he is. But work is meaningless unless you see the product of said work.

Reactions: Issac Shafan
4.50 star(s) 80 Votes