Korokage

May 23, 2020
Amazing, I managed to find the one still broken thing in the prologue just by being very particular about where I put my earth elemental jizz. XD Thank you for the hotfix!

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
Yeah but this is an RPG, if it was any easier you might as well remove the whole battle thing and make it a VN. The fact that you had issues beating the strongest thing in the game doesn't mean that's a bad thing.
It doesn't mean it's a bad thing if you LOVE to have some difficulty playing this kind of game.
=> in this case, you can choose a more difficult level, that's all : you just don't play "easy mode" if you love it difficult.

You can also love having some action, but without wanting to put some efforts in it. Like, "VN with action" if you like.
That's why there are "easy mode".
That's the way I like my games : I can find some fun into some combats, but I REALLY don't have enough time (and energy / will) to spend a lot of turns against each enemy (and before that, looking the perfect fight combination against each oponent).
=> When there are "easy mode", I always choose them (or when it's not possible, then I often cheat (a lot !) to make it even easier).

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
It doesn't mean it's a bad thing if you LOVE to have some difficulty playing this kind of game.
=> in this case, you can choose a more difficult level, that's all : you just don't play "easy mode" if you love it difficult.

You can also love having some action, but without wanting to put some efforts in it. Like, "VN with action" if you like.
That's why there are "easy mode".
That's the way I like my games : I can find some fun into some combats, but I REALLY don't have enough time (and energy / will) to spend a lot of turns against each enemy (and before that, looking the perfect fight combination against each oponent).
=> When there are "easy mode", I always choose them (or when it's not possible, then I often cheat (a lot !) to make it even easier).
Yeah, i always play on normal because easy is often too easy and hard is too much hassle, i also cheat a ton - not to make things easier but to not waste time, for example a speedhack in RPGM games is a must for me - in this game i edited my save by the end to get all items from shop, to carry more weight and to have more pheromones to see Clover scene, i did that after finishing the current game though.
Btw. is it just me or easy mode doesn't do much to speed things up? I tried the first fight on easy and finished it with more health than on normal, but the amount of turns it took was the same so it seems that all it does is decrease the amount of damage you take and regenerate health out of combat (as if there wasn't a ton of consumables around to heal you up anyway).

Reactions: Armelle69

Melongirl3

Feb 6, 2019
I played the 0.1.4 but I can't access the save file on the new version. Is this a bug that can be fixed or do I have to play again from the start?

DanishWasp

Dec 4, 2020
Not sure if this has been addressed already, but I would like to see the trading to be reworked so that both parties put their offers into a neutral pool before finalizing the deal and evening out value discrepancies via coin. When I traded with Mia, I was eyeing the living heels (for 120 gold) she was offering, but couldn't buy it because neither Mia nor me had enough raw currency and I couldn't put either party into 'debt', even though I had two items (a diadem valued at 110 coins and a gold bar valued at 100 coins, respectively) that could have been traded for the heels.
Other than that, I will say that I'm a huge fan of both the semi-consensual nature (with regard to the pheromones) and the option of having futas instead of men. My only gripe so far is that the writing sometimes has errors that I can't overlook, so a bit of proofreading/quality checking would go far. Other than that, I'm very much looking forward to future releases.

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
Not sure if this has been addressed already, but I would like to see the trading to be reworked so that both parties put their offers into a neutral pool before finalizing the deal and evening out value discrepancies via coin. When I traded with Mia, I was eyeing the living heels (for 120 gold) she was offering, but couldn't buy it because neither Mia nor me had enough raw currency and I couldn't put either party into 'debt', even though I had two items (a diadem valued at 110 coins and a gold bar valued at 100 coins, respectively) that could have been traded for the heels.
Other than that, I will say that I'm a huge fan of both the semi-consensual nature (with regard to the pheromones) and the option of having futas instead of men. My only gripe so far is that the writing sometimes has errors that I can't overlook, so a bit of proofreading/quality checking would go far. Other than that, I'm very much looking forward to future releases.
Thanks for the feedback. I might improve the trading system later when I have time for it. Right now there are more important things to do.
As for proofreading, if you wish you can help with proofreading

libertypics

Jan 23, 2019
(sigh) The dying sound you heard was my hopes and dreams as I saw that initial art only to read it's just text based.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
(sigh) The dying sound you heard was my hopes and dreams as I saw that initial art only to read it's just text based.
There are quite a few text based games that are as good as the ones with art and animations, The Poor Whore for example beats 90% of top games on this site while it's both pure text and in RPGM.

vbu53373

Nov 3, 2019
To be honest, as much as I think the art in Tales of Androgyny is bretty gud, I actually really like the writing, as goofy as it can be. It's probably the bigger contributor to my enjoyment of the two.

rynak

Jun 20, 2018
So am i understanding this correctly: This game has been in development for one year, and the only content completed is the tutorial-quest? Or is the public version way behind the patron-version? If it's actually just the tutorial, then i fear we might have another Lilith's Throne at our hands: A concept and engine with amazing potential, but sadly just a techdemo stuck in devhell.

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
So am i understanding this correctly: This game has been in development for one year, and the only content completed is the tutorial-quest? Or is the public version way behind the patron-version? If it's actually just the tutorial, then i fear we might have another Lilith's Throne at our hands: A concept and engine with amazing potential, but sadly just a techdemo stuck in devhell.
I can understand your salt but you clearly underestimate the importance of solid foundation. There's no real alternative. There's no magic button that makes everything happen. If you want to be able to maintain your game, you have to spend time to build a solid infrastructure.

Then, if you haven't noticed, my game is not devided into random events that I can pop out every week apiece to show off how productive I am. I know that is how things are done mostly in adult game industry and I know it's the best way to grab attention and money that come with it. I also now that such approach strips the game of its identity and the player of any meaningful choices, turning their into a observer buffeted around the game's borders by the game's mechanics simulating a sense of progression. If you enjoy such games or make them yourself, I'm not trying to offend you(or anyone else really, but I believe every person has the right to express their opinion on anything). It seems to me that in your post you suggest to renounce my artistic vision and instead start generating cheap content for you to consume. I think it's quite arrogant especially considering you haven't supported the game judging by your question about patreon.

I don't know what you mean by devhell and I do not follow Lilith's Throne to know any details, so I can only speak for myself. I have made great progress in the last year without which the future of the game would not not be possible. Again, I understand that all the end-user cares about is for things to work but I might repeat myself again to emphasize that there's no magic bullet to make it all happen in an instance. Would witcher 3 have become one of the greatest rpg if the devs haven't spent their time to polish the game's engine and its story, and instead chose to break it into a dozen half-assed dlc $5.99 each? I doubt it.

And to answer your question. No, the tutorial is not all there's to the game. Beta version introduces a new dungeon. It is not complete yet but 95% of its content are already written and I just need to script it and put pieces in their places. It's going to be at least twice the size of the current content.

I'm going to release the latest version public in a week along with the game's source files and detailed tutorial dungeon on how to create your own dungeons without any programming using the game's engine for anyone who's interested in it.

rynak

Jun 20, 2018
I can understand your salt but you clearly underestimate the importance of solid foundation. There's no real alternative. There's no magic button that makes everything happen. If you want to be able to maintain your game, you have to spend time to build a solid infrastructure.

I don't know what you mean by devhell and I do not follow Lilith's Throne to know any details, so I can only speak for myself.
By "dev-hell" and "lilith's throne" i meant exactly what you said above: A major focus on infrastructure from a single dev, with the rationale being: "Once our wonder-engine is perfect, content won't be a problem and everything will be awesome." Problem is it never works out that way - for multiple reasons:

Whenever a single developer aims for the sky - in other words: Playing one-man army - odds are he's biting off more than he can chew. Rarely wonders do happen however: Every exception i'm aware of had the following attributes:

A gameconcept and engine that allows for prototype sandboxing early in development. That is: Instead of the game's core gameplay requiring a deathstar as a foundation, having a simple but sound core, so content can be created early and the featureset expanded as you go. This not only makes early-adopters happy, creates a constant revenue-stream, and ideally even attracts co-devs or artists, it also reveals problems and requirements early, which brings me to the next point...

Planning and designing everything in advance (creating a perfect engine before creating a game) rarely works as expected. Instead what the dev usually ends up is setting structures in stone, then later finding out they aren't ideal for the game, so he then needs to refactor and restructure everything - again and again (hello Lilith's Throne!).

In other words: The exact opposite of what you have in mind. I am not aware of a single one-man-army success story that follows your strategy. I do however know multiple failures that used your approach. Does that mean you're guaranteed to fail? No, you might be the first one to succeed. It's just statistically the odds are very low, and there's only so many games in development i have time to follow.

So it's not that i'm greedy and angry because i don't get my instant gratification. Neither am i bitter: I haven't donated to you, and neither have i invested much time in your game, so i have no reason to complain. Instead i'm just weighting if it's worth for me to keep an eye on this game. And the statistics are saying "No: Move along". That's all.

EDIT: FYI, i had the same mentality as you many years ago. And just as i'm telling you today that early prototyping isn't just good but a neccessity, i had talented people back then telling me the same. I didn't listen. I thought my wonder projects were special and could only work with a strictly vertical bottom-up approach. I was wrong, and so those projects never took off. We created some amazing tools in the process, like the fastest datastructure on the planet, but the overall projects never went far, for exactly the reasons mentioned earlier in this post.

Last edited:

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
By "dev-hell" and "lilith's throne" i meant exactly what you said above: A major focus on infrastructure from a single dev, with the rationale being: "Once our wonder-engine is perfect, content won't be a problem and everything will be awesome." Problem is it never works out that way - for multiple reasons:

Whenever a single developer aims for the sky - in other words: Playing one-man army - odds are he's biting off more than he can chew. Rarely wonders do happen however: Every exception i'm aware of had the following attributes:

A gameconcept and engine that allows for prototype sandboxing early in development. That is: Instead of the game's core gameplay requiring a deathstar as a foundation, having a simple but sound core, so content can be created early and the featureset expanded as you go. This not only makes early-adopters happy, creates a constant revenue-stream, and ideally even attracts co-devs or artists, it also reveals problems and requirements early, which brings me to the next point...

Planning and designing everything in advance (creating a perfect engine before creating a game) rarely works as expected. Instead what the dev usually ends up is setting structures in stone, then later finding out they aren't ideal for the game, so he then needs to refactor and restructure everything - again and again (hello Lilith's Throne!).

In other words: The exact opposite of what you have in mind. I am not aware of a single one-man-army success story that follows your strategy. I do however know multiple failures that used your approach. Does that mean you're guaranteed to fail? No, you might be the first one to succeed. It's just statistically the odds are very low, and there's only so many games in development i have time to follow.

So it's not that i'm greedy and angry because i don't get my instant gratification. Neither am i bitter: I haven't donated to you, and neither have i invested much time in your game, so i have no reason to complain. Instead i'm just weighting if it's worth for me to keep an eye on this game. And the statistics are saying "No: Move along". That's all.

EDIT: FYI, i had the same mentality as you many years ago. And just as i'm telling you today that early prototyping isn't just good but a neccessity, i had talented people back then telling me the same. I didn't listen. I thought my wonder projects were special and could only work with a strictly vertical bottom-up approach. I was wrong, and so those projects never took off. We created some amazing tools in the process, like the fastest datastructure on the planet, but the overall projects never went far, for exactly the reasons mentioned earlier in this post.
Well, you mixed it all together in one single term. Game Design and Game Tools. I agree with you that there's no reason to sit on your ideas for too long. Fast prototyping is important as is the minimum viable product. That is why the game's demo exists.
But what I've been doing the last couple of months has NOTHING to do with game design. It is actually entirely opposite to "dev-hell" in my book and it's single purpose is to PREVENT "dev-hell" in the first place. For me dev-hell is when the creator instead of working on the game spends their time on plugging growing holes that fill the game with bugs and inability to add new content efficiently the moment the game grows any big.

And this game is big. It has lots of data to work with. And it is only going to grow. It has complex infrastructure and without the tools and API that I've created it's virtually impossible to make any progress efficiently and test it, not to mention adding any community content which is now quite easy to do.
Honestly, I don't see the point in this debate. It's not like I have a CHOICE. It's either I do it now and make the workflow managable or everything breaks apart(like many games do when they grow).

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 36 Votes