Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
Yeah but this is an RPG, if it was any easier you might as well remove the whole battle thing and make it a VN. The fact that you had issues beating the strongest thing in the game doesn't mean that's a bad thing.
I have a dark souls 1 ng+8 save, if i play even more, dark souls 1 will become as hard as a kinetic vn for me. Should devs remove combat because it's too easy for me? <------ That is a very bad logic and that's exactly what you apply to this game (by the way, part about my ng+8 save is true).

This game has balancing issues and someone like you will only hurt the game even more, constantly suggesting to make it harder because 'it's too easy'.

Last edited:

Lou111

Jun 2, 2018
I can only assume, based on the info I got from his patreon, that updates will be much more frequent moving forward. This game is truly one of a kind and am looking forward to this a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
I doubt playing some VNs made me better at RPGs xD

Yeah but this is an RPG, if it was any easier you might as well remove the whole battle thing and make it a VN. The fact that you had issues beating the strongest thing in the game doesn't mean that's a bad thing.
To me you literally sound like a nerd that can beat every dark souls boss in a row first try and will call anyone trash if they die even once.

• Haha
Reactions: EdgeOfShadow

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
updates will be much more frequent moving forward
It goes there. It depends on quite a few factors, with the most important being my personal growth as a content creator which honestly is nowhere near what I aspire to be. Creating content is not just(at least for me) to sit down and write. It’s a complicated process that includes reading fantasy, analysing other adventure games and just lying in your bed/bathtub and letting your imagination go wild. I actually find it quite amusing that the main advice beginning authors are often given is so misleading. Just sit down and write! I find it so wrong. Of course you have to do it eventually to fill a blank page but this process of writing itself is not that much influential. It’s just a result of the days before you were thinking and imagining and reading about and combining it all together, and your brain processing all this information during your sleep. Of course, the next day it feels like you’ve just come up with all of those ideas but this feeling is often misleading. Information doesn’t pop up out of thin air. Unless your goal is to create generic stuff, you have to constantly feed your brain and my brain is nowhere near as fat as I would have hoped it to be(after all I started creating things not so long ago, thanks to fucking school system that kills creativity in the bud).

The second factor contributing to my ability to release updates is the state of the game engine and tools for working with it. Which is pretty good at the moment. I basically have no need to interact with code at all, so I can focus entirely on creating content for the game. I do have plans to finally start developing a mobile version but I’m not sure if it’s that important right now.

The third factor is my financial situation which is kinda adequate. I do some work on the side from time to time to earn additional coin and pay the bills but the country I live in is very mediocre and the patrons’ support actually helps a lot.

So you have it. TLDR: It’s complicated.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I don't see either tag, so I gotta ask about the belly in the OP shots. Is that pregnancy, cumflation, or both?

Pentha

Apr 5, 2020
The third factor is my financial situation which is kinda adequate. I do some work on the side from time to time to earn additional coin and pay the bills but the country I live in is very mediocre and the patrons’ support actually helps a lot.
i already wondered why your patreon goal of 414.07€ was going to let you work full time on this

sora21345

Oct 28, 2017
Even on the lowest difficulty and with the plant's additional supply of semen? Damn it's hard to balance when you know the game all too well and every best move seems obvious to you as a dev.
i replayed the game today didn't know there was a easy mode so i start all over again i was able to finish the game this was a fun story to enjoy and i hope you keep up the good work

saviliana

Aug 30, 2017
I wonder what engine it was based in, I am sure there is a standardized engine behind it, since I had seen several games had using the same UI layout.

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
I wonder what engine it was based in, I am sure there is a standardized engine behind it, since I had seen several games had using the same UI layout.
what do you mean by the same ui layout? Big space in the middle and a column to the left and right is just a convenient way to represent content for many apps, not necessary games.

The engine is my own that is built using Angular.

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
Do people still not realise how to use healing items? I even put a tutorial popup when you first pick one up. Damn...
Yup, they are tucked away on martial which as you are a dryad is something nobody pays any attention to, this of course assumes you put them on your belt in the first place, which does you squat didly good when clover nukes 90% of your hp and you do shit to her because she dodges everything, and as soon as you do some damage you then get multiple other enemies, which when combined with clover nuke the crap out of you, so even if you do heal all you can do is heal, which means you loose anyway.

Reactions: Slaanesh Champion

Lou111

Jun 2, 2018
It goes there. It depends on quite a few factors, with the most important being my personal growth as a content creator which honestly is nowhere near what I aspire to be. Creating content is not just(at least for me) to sit down and write. It’s a complicated process that includes reading fantasy, analysing other adventure games and just lying in your bed/bathtub and letting your imagination go wild. I actually find it quite amusing that the main advice beginning authors are often given is so misleading. Just sit down and write! I find it so wrong. Of course you have to do it eventually to fill a blank page but this process of writing itself is not that much influential. It’s just a result of the days before you were thinking and imagining and reading about and combining it all together, and your brain processing all this information during your sleep. Of course, the next day it feels like you’ve just come up with all of those ideas but this feeling is often misleading. Information doesn’t pop up out of thin air. Unless your goal is to create generic stuff, you have to constantly feed your brain and my brain is nowhere near as fat as I would have hoped it to be(after all I started creating things not so long ago, thanks to fucking school system that kills creativity in the bud).

The second factor contributing to my ability to release updates is the state of the game engine and tools for working with it. Which is pretty good at the moment. I basically have no need to interact with code at all, so I can focus entirely on creating content for the game. I do have plans to finally start developing a mobile version but I’m not sure if it’s that important right now.

So you have it. TLDR: It’s complicated.
I can relate! I'm currently learning how to create a game myself. I suddenly stopped browsing games and started dedicating my free time to study. As a consequence my ideas and all of my creativity suddenly vanished! Taking time to daydream and getting inspiration from other sources is far more valuable than people think and grossly underestimated. Its such a relief for me to hear that coming from a content creator.

Reactions: Armelle69

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
clover nukes 90% of your hp and you do shit to her
I guess I overdid it trying to make her look like a mini-boss. You're supposed to use Block in time but it's obviously not obvious to the player which is my fault of course. I'll tune her down.

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
A small hotfix that fixes the difficulty (live on the site and mega). I'm not sure it's worth bothering the mods about it to update it here as well.

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
I guess I overdid it trying to make her look like a mini-boss. You're supposed to use Block in time but it's obviously not obvious to the player which is my fault of course. I'll tune her down.
i never use block in games, as in pretty much every single one of them blocking is simply a waste of an action where you are better served attacking or healing yourself. My personal view in games with combat is max damage on them, as the quicker I can kill them the less damage they do to me, and the less healing I need to do in combat or after combat.

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
i never use block in games, as in pretty much every single one of them blocking is simply a waste of an action where you are better served attacking or healing yourself. My personal view in games with combat is max damage on them, as the quicker I can kill them the less damage they do to me, and the less healing I need to do in combat or after combat.
I get it. Why you should use block in this game(at least if you play the hardest difficulty) is because some npcs have special attacks with lots of damage beside their regular attacks(like clover and worm-girl). For example when the worm-girl digs into the ground her next attack will always be Battering Strike dealing 400% of her normal damage so you better block this one. The same thing with Clover, she has Arrow Storm with 5 turns cd that deals lots of damage but unlike with worm-girl, it's not communicated explicitly(which perhaps is not an ideal game design and should be conveyed to the player more clearly)

OutThere77

Aug 13, 2018
Just finished your public release. I liked that combat wasn't simply, use strongest attack to win but just as Chyselia (The hard ass) said you have to think. Pay attention to what the enemy is using, what status effects they have on, what your spells do, and choose appropriately. The only fight I felt things were unfair was against the Five Bat Girls. My attacks say they have 80% chance to hit, but it felt like I was missing half my attacks. Also add in the bonus damage they've got when you're half HP and you can die really fast, unless you heal nearly every turn to keep your hp up.

Also loved the idea that sex literally fuels your spells, and I enjoyed that you have the option to just seduce enemies right off the bat. But you have a limited Phermones so you gotta decide if which is best to use them.

Edit: Just remembered that when trading there's no option to "barter". As in I had a gold bar and diadem I wanted to trade for some equipment from Mia. Except since Mia only had 50 coins, I had no option to trade those two in for something of equal value.

Last edited:

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
I get it. Why you should use block in this game(at least if you play the hardest difficulty) is because some npcs have special attacks with lots of damage beside their regular attacks(like clover and worm-girl). For example when the worm-girl digs into the ground her next attack will always be Battering Strike dealing 400% of her normal damage so you better block this one. The same thing with Clover, she has Arrow Storm with 5 turns cd that deals lots of damage but unlike with worm-girl, it's not communicated explicitly(which perhaps is not an ideal game design and should be conveyed to the player more clearly)
Stone wall is better than a block, honestly it's riddiculously OP - a shield for 1/3 of your HP that also blocks status effects + damage + knockback + damage to secondary target, that's broken but i'm not sure if i would want it nerfed. I had it up all the time when fighting Clover and didn't even notice that she had such a skill.

You should point out really hard that using a consumable doesn't waste a turn, before i used one i was thinking something along the lines of "From common item I will get healed for around 80 and get hit for around 40-50 + status effects, it's not worth it". You could also do something similar with block, like make it not waste a turn, but put it on cooldown and make your attack deal only half the damage or something - just a suggestion though.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

Korokage

May 23, 2020
I've noticed in some of the screen shots in this thread that there's a stone fist spell? I have never found it after playing the current version, like, 4 times. Is it something that only existed in earlier versions of the game?

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
I've noticed in some of the screen shots in this thread that there's a stone fist spell? I have never found it after playing the current version, like, 4 times. Is it something that only existed in earlier versions of the game?

Ooops. It broke accidently after I've updated the game engine. Only if you used the pussy option...
I've just rolled out the hotfix; you don't need to start a new game for it to take effect

Sorry everyone who used pussy and didn't get their share of rightful Stone Fist((((

Can the mods update it pls.

4.40 star(s) 35 Votes