VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Show us on the dolly where GD touched you, because he obviously hurt your feelings.
:LOL::ROFLMAO: You made my day with this sentence! I nearly spewed my evening cocoa from laughing about something so far removed from the actual situation! This makes it clear you did not understand one iota from what I wrote about. My opinion of gumdrop is partly not printable, but I feel nothing for or against him, because I do not know this near-certain con man.

Unlike some other projects, I have no money at stake here. I considered pledging, but then his first lies came out and one of my own rules is: I do not give money to proven liars. Gumdrop can go jump in the lake for all I care, but there are zero feelings involved.
It is far more interesting what is your interest here, because there must be some feelings/stuff involved for you to do this defence. You pretend to be a random guy, but no random guy would do this to the extend you do. I comment on some topics here in the thread now and then, thats my whole involvment beside amusement about the memes.
You on the other hand are on a defensive crusade for gumdrop, therefore you cannot be a random guy. The average fellow would write some positive post for gumsdrop and that would it be. You instead, "Mr. average fellow", have written a ton of defensive posts for gumdrop, no matter the quality of some and this doesn´t fit the average user type.

Which leads to my next point: Once again you evaded any true answer what your relation to gumdrop is. Remember that even a moderator told you that considering your behaviour and non-answers it is normal that you are under suspicion to be gumdrop in disguise or a cheerleader of him? And the longer this goes on, you can deny all you want, but there has to be a relation between you and gumdrop, what form that may be. You are obviously too involved to be uninvolved.

Evidence/Hints: I do not know off the cuff how many posts from other users and me already pointed out the hints/evidence of the falseness (e.g. proven lies, etc.) of gumdrop, which you never acknowledged or glossed over. Especially your (and gumdrops) cavalier attitude about the spirit of agreements might be legal, but it is not inspiring trust in either of you. Since up to now you never acknowleged hints and evidence, I simply chose to not repeat it.

But enough for now, neither you or gumdrop are important enough for me to miss a second cup of cocoa.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
:LOL::ROFLMAO: You made my day with this sentence! I nearly spewed my evening cocoa from laughing about something so far removed from the actual situation! This makes it clear you did not understand one iota from what I wrote about. My opinion of gumdrop is partly not printable, but I feel nothing for or against him, because I do not know this near-certain con man.

Unlike some other projects, I have no money at stake here. I considered pledging, but then his first lies came out and one of my own rules is: I do not give money to proven liars. Gumdrop can go jump in the lake for all I care, but there are zero feelings involved.
It is far more interesting what is your interest here, because there must be some feelings/stuff involved for you to do this defence. You pretend to be a random guy, but no random guy would do this to the extend you do. I comment on some topics here in the thread now and then, thats my whole involvment beside amusement about the memes.
You on the other hand are on a defensive crusade for gumdrop, therefore you cannot be a random guy. The average fellow would write some positive post for gumsdrop and that would it be. You instead, "Mr. average fellow", have written a ton of defensive posts for gumdrop, no matter the quality of some and this doesn´t fit the average user type.

Which leads to my next point: Once again you evaded any true answer what your relation to gumdrop is. Remember that even a moderator told you that considering your behaviour and non-answers it is normal that you are under suspicion to be gumdrop in disguise or a cheerleader of him? And the longer this goes on, you can deny all you want, but there has to be a relation between you and gumdrop, what form that may be. You are obviously too involved to be uninvolved.

Evidence/Hints: I do not know off the cuff how many posts from other users and me already pointed out the hints/evidence of the falseness (e.g. proven lies, etc.) of gumdrop, which you never acknowledged or glossed over. Especially your (and gumdrops) cavalier attitude about the spirit of agreements might be legal, but it is not inspiring trust in either of you. Since up to now you never acknowleged hints and evidence, I simply chose to not repeat it.

But enough for now, neither you or gumdrop are important enough for me to miss a second cup of cocoa.
lol.. when I say in the post above, which you reply to, that accuse GD of lying etc is something that can be proven, how is that not acknowledge the fact he lied and been less than truthful? sigh.

I did pledge 3 months over a year ago to GD, that is as far as my relationship with him goes, and I'm in the same boat as a lot of his ex patrons there. (something I said a few times over already in this thread) Do you find it's strange that some people might speak up when people get accused without any evidence or facts? Through the course of this thread he been accused of money laundering, doing child erotica, and other far fetched things. There is no need to spin a lot of shit about someone, when what the person already did (or didn't do), is enough to earn him a bad rep.

tbh, thinking back I never said anything particular good about GD either. Liked the game?, sure.. so did many other butt hurt people here. As I said earlier, this thread got a "either you with us, or against us" mentality. That type of thing work rather badly out in the real world.

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
is this game being redone/reworked or is the next update going to be a continuation?
rework-animations will be added and continuation. but i wouldn't expect an update anytime soon. if you didn't know, it has already been more than a year since the last update.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
is this game being redone/reworked or is the next update going to be a continuation?
We put an "on hold" tag on this title for a VERY GOOD reason. First, Gumdrop had promised an update for February 2018 and then suddenly, excuses popped up about it being late. Finally, in late March, it is out but is over a month late. Then in April 2018, Gumdrop promised an update for May 2018. Time goes by... May 2018 comes.. No update. Then he says it'll be June, maybe July 2018. July arrives and no update. Then more excuses like the previous ones and promises an update for no later than September. Then he revises it to October. Frustrated with constant delays and "mini comics" being posted, the admins slapped an "On Hold" tag on this. Since then, the only thing we've seen is a Christmas side story that took him a few weeks but delayed the game to February 2019. Then in February, it was suddenly March or April. Then it was June/July at the latest. Now we're hearing August or September 2019.

You know why the "On Hold" tag was added? Because who promises an update 4 times several months apart then does not deliver an update during all those months? If you tell us more than 5 times "I'll deliver" but you never do, do you think we'd trust you? No. That's gone. The only reason the "abandoned" tag isn't up here is because he's still talking out of his ass and promising an update.

By the way, several people have talked to gumdrop and told him to at least post an update or post proof, and have spoken about it here. Again, several people have told gumdrop what he should be doing if all this is true. In more than one place, too. Including discord, Patreon, and his site. And all the responses we've gotten are either being ignored, brushed aside, or banned. Now, does anyone wonder why this thread is so uniquely un-moderated??

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
We put an "on hold" tag on this title for a VERY GOOD reason. First, Gumdrop had promised an update for February 2018 and then suddenly, excuses popped up about it being late. Finally, in late March, it is out but is over a month late. Then in April 2018, Gumdrop promised an update for May 2018. Time goes by... May 2018 comes.. No update. Then he says it'll be June, maybe July 2018. July arrives and no update. Then more excuses like the previous ones and promises an update for no later than September. Then he revises it to October. Frustrated with constant delays and "mini comics" being posted, the admins slapped an "On Hold" tag on this. Since then, the only thing we've seen is a Christmas side story that took him a few weeks but delayed the game to February 2019. Then in February, it was suddenly March or April. Then it was June/July at the latest. Now we're hearing August or September 2019.

You know why the "On Hold" tag was added? Because who promises an update 4 times several months apart then does not deliver an update during all those months? If you tell us more than 5 times "I'll deliver" but you never do, do you think we'd trust you? No. That's gone. The only reason the "abandoned" tag isn't up here is because he's still talking out of his ass and promising an update.

By the way, several people have talked to gumdrop and told him to at least post an update or post proof, and have spoken about it here. Again, several people have told gumdrop what he should be doing if all this is true. In more than one place, too. Including discord, Patreon, and his site. And all the responses we've gotten are either being ignored, brushed aside, or banned. Now, does anyone wonder why this thread is so uniquely un-moderated??
You cant talk shit to him or even ask nicely about the update bcos his discord worshippers instantly block u if u question their master.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You cant talk shit to him or even ask nicely about the update bcos his discord worshippers instantly block u if u question their master.
@lostraven interview with him here https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/post-1911039
Show its possible to get in touch with him. As others stated in earlier posts, if you go into someones house and start yack shit you probably end up get thrown out. I doubt no matter how many times people (and what people) end up ask him about when next release is, there wont be any clear answer.

JinXXX

Jul 12, 2017
"I have one full time person in the office with me currently, one training and a third coming soon."

In the office... :LOL::ROFLMAO:

One training and a third coming soon... I must admit, he's a decent liar.

Last edited:

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
@lostraven interview with him here https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/post-1911039
Show its possible to get in touch with him. As others stated in earlier posts, if you go into someones house and start yack shit you probably end up get thrown out. I doubt no matter how many times people (and what people) end up ask him about when next release is, there wont be any clear answer.
If this guy was working for a company and started making excuses for delayed work he would have been fired and thrown in the street.. no need for defending him here. and yes even the his boss would enter his house and talk jackshit in his face.

I doubt no matter how many times people (and what people) end up ask him about when next release is, there wont be any clear answer.
Because there is no release at all. even more reason to stop defending this guy.

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
If this guy was working for a company and started making excuses for delayed work he would have been fired and thrown in the street.. no need for defending him here. and yes even the his boss would enter his house and talk jackshit in his face.
Well the thing is, he kinda his own boss and run his own business or wtf to call it. If pigs had wings they could fly too. If's and but's doesn't change, or affect anything. His house, his rules, just as it applies to you when in your house etc etc.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Well the thing is, he kinda his own boss and run his own business or wtf to call it. If pigs had wings they could fly too. If's and but's doesn't change, or affect anything. His house, his rules, just as it applies to you when in your house etc etc.
Even if he is his own boss how long can he get this up ? his patreon already started to lower in numbers. not much futher and then ?

btw that is not true without those patreon he would not be able to keep this act up. And he already lost 1/3 of his patreon comparred to last year.

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Even if he is his own boss how long can he get this up ? his patreon already started to lower in numbers. not much futher and then ?
Who cares? he is the creator of his own success and demise. In the gaming industry else, when things start to nip you in the butt it's the sign of you have to change if you want to stay in the business. GD isn't any unique or special in regard of string people along. He just operate at a much smaller scale. Eventually times up and the train wreck is complete.

Vimotang

Sep 24, 2017
Who cares? he is the creator of his own success and demise. In the gaming industry else, when things start to nip you in the butt it's the sign of you have to change if you want to stay in the business. GD isn't any unique or special in regard of string people along. He just operate at a much smaller scale. Eventually times up and the train wreck is complete.
Go back to your update Kyle. Don't waste your time here defending yourself. One can only suck his own dick so much. Don't forget to breath.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Go back to your update Kyle. Don't waste your time here defending yourself. One can only suck his own dick so much. Don't forget to breath.
I'm sorry evolution did short change you on the ability to reason. Or maybe there is some other form of reading disability at stake, idk...

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
What boredom of thread. The same as always, again and again and again. And while, Don Milking milking as usual.

Please, dear moderators ... catalog this game as abandoned. For at least three months. Maybe so, his income will be reduced considerably to the point of being forced to publish his damn Part X, when he no longer run more excuses about the delay of the animators, the writing or the compositions or try to get more deluded with more "extra content" of the game. I think it would be the most appropriate measure, because you can already be a fan of the game or the dev, I think that all of us here in this forum will agree that we would like the last part of Act I to come out as soon as possible, and not argue ad infinitum among us without doing anything about it.

January2015

Apr 26, 2017
"I have one full time person in the office with me currently, one training and a third coming soon."

In the office... :LOL::ROFLMAO:

One training and a third coming soon... I must admit, he's a decent liar.
I was reading this again and then it hit me.

Maybe GD wasn’t lying, with the new team and all that. They are just working on another game. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: lockerxx

Pal_

Jul 13, 2017

Don't you think, there is a little gap in the f95zone-rules? I mean, come on, every scammer could just post status-updates, but never release something, he still would never get an abandone tag here. At least, try to find something, to include that case. Giving developer the benefit of the doubt, but after a certain time frame mark it abandoned or something like that (e.g.after 1 year)

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Don't you think, there is a little gap in the f95zone-rules? I mean, come on, every scammer could just post status-updates, but never release something, he still would never get an abandone tag here. At least, try to find something, to include that case. Giving developer the benefit of the doubt, but after a certain time frame mark it abandoned or something like that (e.g.after 1 year)
That's a good point there. After a year? Hmm.. that's a concrete measurement I can get behind. I'll give that suggestion to the mods and admin.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes