VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
If I was an american I would honestly file a complaint to the IRS for suspicion of fraud. He claims he has people working for him, his revenue from Patreon is public, more revenue comes from his site clearly, another chunk of money could come to him directly so it seems that he is really busy.

He must have a company to do all of this so a competent authority on this matter would clear all this suspicion up in no time. There have been a whole lot of cases of fraud discovered on Kickstarter and similar sites for crowd-funding, on Youtube, on donation sites and even on Patreon.

Some people are in jail for this kind of thing, others have to pay so much money back that even their children will have to contribute and the ones who done the time and payed for the crime are left with the public disgrace that comes with this.

I don't live in the USA but some people do, just saying. ;)
Far as I know, Patreon report income of its creator to respective, but it's up to each creator to sort out their own taxes. If they don't they will get IRS or respective of depending on where they live in the world knocking on their door. Any digital transactions going through bank's is under scrutiny. Have you ever had an audit before? Know what it entails? You pay taxes at all? Ever done any work under the table? Anyone else? Even sending cash (bills) through the mail isn't safe these days. Some countries even illegal. So this money coming to him directly... Is that people knocking on his door handing over small bills or?

Quite sure he is at least registered as a small business. Why? Because it would most likely be required to set up the billing he got on his website. For further inquiry you could contact; and ask them right? Make sure to ask them if they are required to report transactions to IRS or respective at same time.

Why do you have to be an American to file such a complaint? Do you mean a citizen of the US? Canada? Mexico?, what? America is more than just USA. Just stroll down to your local police office. Tell them about the how this dangerous fraudulent person right? Then again you need to supply them your full name and details in the process. But you wouldn't mind that in your crusade for justice and all that?

sob

Apr 3, 2017
You are going way overboard defending him. Giving my name to the authorities is something to fear about or what? It's childish to think it is. Sending money directly means through PayPal and other similar services or via wire transfer. I'm sure Gumdrop isn't so stupid to give his real home address to people online.

An audit for taxes is one thing and an audit for a business is a whole other discussion. I've had an audit for a company. Have you ever had one of those? You know you need papers for everything you did for the period audited? Like for supplies, computers, energy bill, company car and even for animators.

I'm sure it all works just like you said and there is nothing suspicious here and Patreon and the bank take care of everything.

They did the same with those 2 dudes who bought a house, some luxury cars and partied like crazy for a year or so with the
2 million dollars they raised on Kickstarer for their "project" and guess what happened? An audit and the scam was exposed. I'm 100% sure they even paid taxes for the Kickstarter money. What they did with that money was the problem. Same story here like countless other frauds on the internet.

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
Same story here like countless other frauds on the internet.
It looks very strange: to create a super game that is in great demand and take the path of fraud.
Maybe the author is no longer alive, or is he in prison, people are deceived by a fraudster who has gained access to his accounts?
Maybe he took an assistant, who coveted his money.

Reactions: January2015

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You are going way overboard defending him. Giving my name to the authorities is something to fear about or what? It's childish to think it is. Sending money directly means through PayPal and other similar services or via wire transfer. I'm sure Gumdrop isn't so stupid to give his real home address to people online.

An audit for taxes is one thing and an audit for a business is a whole other discussion. I've had an audit for a company. Have you ever had one of those? You know you need papers for everything you did for the period audited? Like for supplies, computers, energy bill, company car and even for animators.

I'm sure it all works just like you said and there is nothing suspicious here and Patreon and the bank take care of everything.

They did the same with those 2 dudes who bought a house, some luxury cars and partied like crazy for a year or so with the
2 million dollars they raised on Kickstarer for their "project" and guess what happened? An audit and the scam was exposed. I'm 100% sure they even paid taxes for the Kickstarter money. What they did with that money was the problem. Same story here like countless other frauds on the internet.
I'm not defending him. I'm more trying to push you into do something you want other people to do. And giving up your name is not about fear, but about make yourself accountable. Once you make yourself accountable for accusations. Then you also make yourself open. What's the point in try edge other people into do something you don't want to do yourself?

Without even have an authorized accountant, you can't even run a business over here without get in deep shit. And if the accountant find things doesn't adds up they got a duty to report it further. Also wire transfers, paypal, it's still digital footprint of money. In reality, these days the only way to hand over money without leave a trace is to get money stuffed in your hand (through whatever means) that will never see the inside of an bank account, unless you want to start some process of launder them.

Also, you can't compare patreon with kickstarter. What GD does have is an incomplete game. All new Patreons he pick up get access to this game. That they likely have to look far, wide and long to see the end of it is another tale.

If you start a kickstarter project with the intent to just raise fund and scam the backers, that is a whole other story, they get nothing to show for what so ever. And the intent was all along to scam people, which is fraud. The more known to public of recent years, probably the couple that raised money for a homeless person through "Gofundme", now risking face up towards 4 years in prison. Due to such cases, gofundme been more prone to withheld funds when they suspect something fishy going on though.

Look at all the games around with abandoned tag on them, who's creators been on Patreon, or might still be and doing other games without complete previous ones. Shouldn't you go after them for fraud and scam as well? I'm sure you can build quite a hit list there.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
It looks very strange: to create a super game that is in great demand and take the path of fraud.
Maybe the author is no longer alive, or is he in prison, people are deceived by a fraudster who has gained access to his accounts?
Since he is making updates to his Patreon page with posts now and then, and there is those in this thread hat keep ask for people to re-post them in here. I doubt he is dead or in prison.

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
Since he is making updates to his Patreon page with posts now and then, and there is those in this thread hat keep ask for people to re-post them in here. I doubt he is dead or in prison.
I wrote: maybe I took an assistant and gave him access.
What prevents the assistant, write a couple of posts in the topic and even make a couple of pictures?

Reactions: January2015

Deleted member 316652

Dec 3, 2017
Autor create super shaver for fllecing his sheep

ahuss

Sep 5, 2018
Ok lets kick things off, first and foremost I do not hate Gumedrop games, I actually think he one of or if not the most talented developers I have come across. I just recently cancelled my subscription with him as i just tired of waiting and if and thats a BIG IF, he releases the update in the future I not going to even play because honestly i just tired of waiting. I dont think i will even play the latest release as i have found alternative games better game, I dont think his as we supporters dont deserve this, I think if he leased it in timely manner and started a new project i would still be subscribed to him, I think hes lost alot of supporter he could have made alot more money. its all about loyalty, honesty and transparency. I think he has lost that.

The reason I am responding to you Joshua is because I have not seen this much ARSE kissing in my life frankly you should just leave these guys alone and let them complain, they have the right and I also understand you have the right defend Gumdrop but the amount of ARSE kissing you do just makes you look Shallow and frankly childish.

Just leave these guys be, trust when I say i was one of Gumdrops supporter i was paying him monthly, so you cant say shit to me about being a hater LOL.

The moral of my reply is just stop being childish, or its probably you have a thing for Gumdrop i dont know. The way you respond dosent put you in a good light.

sorry about my english and grammer as my english is SHITE lol.

cheers

Reactions: Rythan25

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Ok lets kick things off, first and foremost I do not hate Gumedrop games, I actually think he one of or if not the most talented developers I have come across. I just recently cancelled my subscription with him as i just tired of waiting and if and thats a BIG IF, he releases the update in the future I not going to even play because honestly i just tired of waiting. I dont think i will even play the latest release as i have found alternative games better game, I dont think his as we supporters dont deserve this, I think if he leased it in timely manner and started a new project i would still be subscribed to him, I think hes lost alot of supporter he could have made alot more money. its all about loyalty, honesty and transparency. I think he has lost that.

The reason I am responding to you Joshua is because I have not seen this much ARSE kissing in my life frankly you should just leave these guys alone and let them complain, they have the right and I also understand you have the right defend Gumdrop but the amount of ARSE kissing you do just makes you look Shallow and frankly childish.

Just leave these guys be, trust when I say i was one of Gumdrops supporter i was paying him monthly, so you cant say shit to me about being a hater LOL.

The moral of my reply is just stop being childish, or its probably you have a thing for Gumdrop i dont know. The way you respond dosent put you in a good light.

sorry about my english and grammer as my english is SHITE lol.

cheers
Nothing wrong with your English, but you might look into the "reading" part a bit better. There is a difference between defend someone and to actually tell people that try to entice others to do things, to actually do them themselves, and to ask for proof and evidence of claims. Especially when you start accuse people of criminal offense right? That he come across as lazy, breaking his word when it come to release dates and such is not something he would get thrown behind bars for. If that was the case, most politicians in the world would be behind bars.

I did pledge for 3 months well over a year ago, and mostly due to what he had made up until then. From what you say, I guess you been pampering to his habit much longer. Good you woke up and smelled it though. Oh and IF he ever release any update, just download it for free, and play it. You probably paid enough for it so why not.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Dude, you're shouting into the void. Neither Gumdrop nor this thread are worth the time and effort you've dumped in here. Go do something enjoyable instead.
Try spend your day take support calls most of it, and be nice towards rude people that you feel doesn't even know how to dress themselves, or tie their own shoelaces ;p Got to release steam somehow -)

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
People attacking the developer lol. I say good job to him. If he can get money from naive wealthy people by doing nothing for over a year, then why wouldn´t he do it? Just milk them to the last cent and earn as much as possible.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
It's very strange that his patron numbers have went up despite him not releasing anything. It's almost like he is laundering money through his account via something else illegal. It's boogles ones mind how he is back at 8k.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I just deleted 3 posts purporting to have 0.99. After going to the site, batting down link shorteners, comparing sizes and numbers, it was someone actually posting our mega links on another site. And saying it was 0.99 but when you clicked on it to check it it out, it was OUR mega from 0.98ce.. You guys are getting really sloppy and desperate now.
The android is supposedly v0.99 but is actually not from gumdrop. It's an altered/edited form of 0.98ce that someone posted on a different site. And it still has some bugs but the story/content is almost exactly the same as 0.98ce pc version.

Pal_

Jul 13, 2017
hing. It's almost like he is laundering money through his account via something else illegal. It's boogles ones mind how he i
It´s like watching Bitcoin, but instead of Bitcoin, we look at people throwing money away without any returns. I really would recommend everyone just to throw that money away on cryptocurrencies. At least, it´s possible to gain big percentages of return with some luck.

I think, there are some wealthy people, who don´t care, and where this fetish goes beyond everything else for them. They hope and hope, that someday they get something in return. Pretty sad if you ask me. Especially, if you count the amount of money they threw away. 500 - 10000 of Dollars just for something simple like that. Something that wouldn´t even cost 20 Dollars on Steam. Hell, I could have bought some good pc /tv or made 1000% gain on cryptos with something like that...

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
It´s like watching Bitcoin, but instead of Bitcoin, we look at people throwing money away without any returns. I really would recommend everyone just to throw that money away on cryptocurrencies. At least, it´s possible to gain big percentages of return with some luck.

I think, there are some wealthy people, who don´t care, and where this fetish goes beyond everything else for them. They hope and hope, that someday they get something in return. Pretty sad if you ask me. Especially, if you count the amount of money they threw away. 500 - 10000 of Dollars just for something simple like that. Something that wouldn´t even cost 20 Dollars on Steam. Hell, I could have bought some good pc /tv or made 1000% gain on cryptos with something like that...
If you go through his graphtreon stats, you will see he take dips, but claw himself back up month by month and somewhat gaining. I don't think there is such a huge number of long term patreons that pledge to him, but more like a high turn over.

A bit like that song by Weird Al; "Another one ride the bus"

As for your steam example, that hold true for supporting just about any creator on this site doing a game, because most of them take a very long time to get completed. Why I never support any given crator more than a few months at a time, and then spread it out on other ones. Tbh I don't feel bad about download any game for free after tipped the creator like 3 months already. If someone sped 500 to 10k USD on a single crator on Patreon, they got issues tbh (or got more money than they know how to spend).

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes