VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

tmv

May 31, 2017
I'm trying to find the 'Forgiveness' gallery scene and the secret Act 1, Part 4. Any ideas?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The game is already in version 0.8 and the development of the characters in the story still remains depressing in the son route, and to make matters worse he inserted an unnecessary and unrelated scene with his aunt. It is sad to see a project with an investment of $ 8,790 a month and a script more lost than a son of a bitch wanting to meet his father on Christmas day.
I like the slow build up, guess im just strange then :p

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Will we ever see Mother and Daughter smile?

This game is definitely a "family drama", I know, but I can't see why the Daughter is always dejected, why she feels uncomfortable about her body and why she's totally unaware of her "feminine wiles". I think the story SHOULD explain why the characters are what they are.

Reactions: User_166761

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Will we ever see Mother and Daughter smile?

This game is definitely a "family drama", I know, but I can't see why the Daughter is always dejected, why she feels uncomfortable about her body and why she's totally unaware of her "feminine wiles". I think the story SHOULD explain why the characters are what they are.

Yeah, this has become a total self-serving wankfeast (and not of the good kind).
It's like the dev is drunk on his (perceived by him) fantastic ability to write emotional drama, when in reality most of it (at least with the information we have) makes no frigging sense.

Superperv13

Nov 6, 2017
Don' worry , we are still in platonic phase. I know it is taking time but hopefully it gets better. Not sure u can start relationship with aunt by raping her ? :( that was a bit much.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
It's less about the slow build, it's the confused and jumbled story-telling, the many things that make no real sense etc..
It's just different way of storytelling that is all. If you take such a game as Big Brother, or any built about the same mechancis. Where you have to like move between rooms/locations and pass time for things to happen. This game more about take you from scene to scene without the inbetween.

Things might not be tied all to well together. And the feeling of things happen without you have much input except it does happen and you in middle of it. But, its still good imho.

Reactions: Olli 05

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It's just different way of storytelling that is all. If you take such a game as Big Brother, or any built about the same mechancis. Where you have to like move between rooms/locations and pass time for things to happen. This game more about take you from scene to scene without the inbetween.

Things might not be tied all to well together. And the feeling of things happen without you have much input except it does happen and you in middle of it. But, its still good imho.
I think this game started out great, but the dev has lost his way.
It seems as if he tries to film an Italian arthouse drama. ;)

VirtuallySocial

Nov 11, 2017
It's less about the slow build, it's the confused and jumbled story-telling, the many things that make no real sense etc..
I completely agree with you. The entire time I'm playing as the son, he's all over the place in regards to his emotions. I get the feeling that he's supposed to actually be the designer's insert. Even if not, almost all the dialogue with the son is just too edgy and cringy to make it worth playing very long, which is a shame because mom/son incest stories are my personal absolute favorites. The father's dialogue comes off to me as whiny and sanctimonious. They're both insufferable. I just don't buy that these people ever were a family.

I also don't feel like many of the choices are making any significant changes. You might get one or two new lines of dialogue when choosing a different option, but then the game quickly goes back to railroading.

I'll keep coming back to this every few updates, but I am not expecting anything beyond the edgelord melodrama the dev seems to utilize.

Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
WOW, people this days have no standards and no self respect.
I guess its mostly because the girls look hot.

Folks will look forward much more to good looking chicks with bad/average plot than ugly/meh chicks with great plot.

That and the fact that many likely hope it will get better later on and that the wait will make it all the more worth it.

But it will likely just end up with the dad in jail over attempted rape on his daughter, the son either thrown out of the house by a creeped out mom/staying a virgin with wet dreams in his bed and the mom bonding up with the daughter understanding that they only have each other(non sexually) to rely on as the guys disappointed them. Or the mother divorces dad and marries someone else with the daughter going her own way while dad and son look butthurt or worse. The End.

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I guess its mostly because the girls look hot.

Folks will look forward much more to good looking chicks with bad/average plot than ugly/meh chicks with great plot.

That and the fact that many likely hope it will get better later on and that the wait will make it all the more worth it.

But it will likely just end up with the dad in jail over attempted rape on his daughter, the son either thrown out of the house by a creeped out mom/staying a virgin with wet dreams in his bed and the mom bonding up with the daughter understanding that they only have each other(non sexually) to rely on as the guys disappointed them. The End.

That would actually be kind of funny for a sex game to end like that. :)

kakhauf

Feb 13, 2017
I can't believe this scatterbrained attempt at a VN is getting 9k a month.
Agree, guess people have no standards. Whats worse is that, because of the amount of pledgers these devs get, their work won't improve but decline. Even less amount of content and more grinding, blueballing etc. Why should they care when they can do minimal effort and receive 9-goddamn-k of dollars? It's no different to the gaming industry.

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
SMS is making 20stacks a month and its one of the most garbage artwise looking games ever made that gotten so popular. It's just the way she goes
Summertime Saga is great as DC creates his own scenes using artwork rather than using DAZ like everyone else does. He listens to everyone and his game is TOTALLY FREE. You don't have to support him. Those people support him because they love the game.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes