VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Morgandr

Feb 3, 2018
I don't know about you guys, but I have a problem with people constantly saying bullshit and/or trying to pull your leg. This dev is one of those people.

Reactions: Turret

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
(Sarcasm mode on) At first I thought he might come with another joke explanation, like the little green men from Mars invaded and marauded his harddrive or "my cat slept on the keyboard", but now it is clear that gumdrop has a never before seen ailment, clock and date legasthenic!:closedtongue::evilupset:
His message above is worse than a fake explanation because noone is that unable to estimate a workload as he tries to paint himself. That is a guy who will be too late to his own funeral someday in the future. Nobody can tell me the he set a counter for how finished his product is at 90+% for weeks and then say he underestimated how long it will take and needs additional 120+ workhours.:WutFace:
Gumdrop gets even quite a bit of money, but any corporation, no matter how large or small, telling the customers "Oh, I need more time for no other reason than I am unable to keep any kind of deadline" again and again like that will get in trouble someday and soon. It is a wonder of the internet that a lazy selfcencored like gumdrop still has over thousand patrons and other developers, who rip themselves new ones to meet their deadlines with real quality content only get some breadcrumbs in comparison. (S-mode off)

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Guys... Guys... It’s ok. I’m a $1000 Patreon, and I’m pretty satisfied with the delays. That only means we are guaranteed quality, so I welcome every delay with a smile. Me, and the other sheep... I mean supporters... are pretty content, so there’s nothing to worry about. I messaged him the other day asking him if he was milking this shit for all it’s worth, and he replied pretty quickly, and said not at all! I believe him, so I’m sure it will be worth it in the end!

Ymir

Apr 29, 2017
It just sucks that he blatantly lies to his backers with the progress bar when in reality it should be around 70%? (not sure if less or more). But he just leaves it at 98/97% for the last three weeks and baits people with the progress to pledge.

D

Deleted member 42

Not sure why i even bother checking this game lol, but how he still has 1000 paterons and earns 9k a month is beyond me. 1 year and still almost no progress with Mom lol but hey the writing is good so yeah -_-

Reactions: January2015

Luxee

Deluded weirdo
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2017
I'm sure you're all pretty fed up with the time it took to make this update, but I will say, 1700+ scenes for a single update? That's pretty god damn insane, when people say "Oh this update better be the shit". I'm kinda inclined to believe it will be. Putting that number to perspective, PL has about 30 minutes of gameplay (rough estimate, haven't counted). And it has around 2k scenes in it's entirety. Considering Gumdrop doesn't generally change scenes as often as pl does. I'm thinking this'll be a really god damn large update, game time wise.

Morgandr

Feb 3, 2018
I'm sure you're all pretty fed up with the time it took to make this update, but I will say, 1700+ scenes for a single update? That's pretty god damn insane, when people say "Oh this update better be the shit". I'm kinda inclined to believe it will be. Putting that number to perspective, PL has about 30 minutes of gameplay (rough estimate, haven't counted). And it has around 2k scenes in it's entirety. Considering Gumdrop doesn't generally change scenes as often as pl does. I'm thinking this'll be a really god damn large update, game time wise.
I really hope you're right.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Here's the thing- we're talking about someone who claimed to have pulled a DFE on his update after it didn't measure up to his high standards of quality 40 days ago. Now, if one person pulled three months of non-stop rendering, winding up with 1700 renders would be a near impossible accomplishment. But 40 days?

And Kyle's been a bit of a bullshitter for a while now.

pot123

Aug 6, 2017
Aren't a good portion of the 1700 going to be the different variants of skin colour and breast size? I have not kept up with the game for a long time so I have no idea how that feature works.

Angmir

May 29, 2017
Aren't a good portion of the 1700 going to be the different variants of skin colour and breast size? I have not kept up with the game for a long time so I have no idea how that feature works.
Ouch ...
Taking that into consideration - I would not be supprised if there is like a single day of new content in there.

And do I have to remind anyone about thouse damn dots in relation screens - only 2/10 to escape from Platonic so far with Mom ... (so in 5 times the content that was delivered so far - we would be able to maybe kiss her when awake ...)

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
Seriously, this Kyle is some kind of guru I need to learn his ways, I mean never have I seen people on Patreon get took for so much money and none of them or most of them seem to give an shit. I mean number one he is clearly an world class BS at this point there is just no doubt for me. An year he has been working on this game now and how much progression has he got to show for it? so, his renders look good, and? loads of games have good renders by now and get done in half the time with double the amount. Kyle, don't care none though and you know I don't blame him and if I kept pulling this everytime I was going to release an new update and the only consequences is my Patreons go up why would I?

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
His sketchiness oozes from the fact that he calls each individual render a scene, but to the average patron a scene incorporates a bunch of these renders anywhere from 5 - 30+ given the length.

I've said it before, I don't think he retains patrons for long. I'm confident his numbers stay up because of his advertising. Take away that and his numbers would plummet.

And let's be serious, if he truly has over 1700 new images to add, 1000 of them are "artistic," clothed upskirt shots or shots of the character's nostrils.

Reactions: rodneyeatme

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Told ya.

It's safe to assume that gumdrop is trying to align the release with Dreams of Desire and Summertime Saga, both of which are going to be released somewhere April/last week of march. Kyle has proven himself a Machiavellian when it comes to predatory blue-ball scheme; he's going to use it as an advantage. Only a fool would call us rabid children for mistrusting gumdrop.

Glad to hear my money is safe someplace else other than Kyle's scheming pockets.

Reactions: compaq

Blackchip

Apr 22, 2017
Luxee people don't usually like logic in these types of situations. So what I'm trying to say is "RUN."

Reactions: Versidius

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
That 1700+ render count is misleading as fuck. I can believe that he's adding that many images into the game, no question. But that doesn't mean it's all 1700+ renders of actual content.

The total amount of images in the latest version is 4,523. Out of all those images, 1,366 are menus, overlays, the puzzles, and all that extra shit that NO ONE has ever asked him for. There are 3,157 renders of actual scenes. That's quite an impressive number. No doubt about it. But, how much is that render count worth when the narrative of the game barely progresses? How much is 3,157 images worth when the game dwells, and loops around the same idea constantly? Add to the fact that there's actually 2 stories being told from the perspective of 2 different characters. Don't forget how each update is riddled with redundant events that have a very minimal payoff, or the Aunt/Cousin characters whose story seems to be progressing faster than the 2 main story-lines. All of a sudden 1700+ images isn't quite what it sounds like.

Think about it like this @Luxee. Imagine if you were in the 0.9 version of your game, but the MC, and Elly were still "soul searching" about that time the MC walked in on Elly while she was taking a shower in 0.1.

I'd say this is a "make or break" update, but at the end of the day... it doesn't matter. As long as there's 1,000+ people giving him 9K a month; all negative criticism will be dismissed without a second thought.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes