VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
I reckon he's going to have another excuse on Tuesday. I'm sorry guys, I accidentally set my cat on fire, had to move the release on the weekend. Oh wait, weekend ain't great. I have a schedule to paint some balls blue.
It seems like you hate this game, A LOT. Maybe it would be better if you moved on and played something else...

Reactions: flanby

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
I love the game. If I hate the game, I wouldn't be making fan-arts. It's the developer I loathe.
You love a game, but give it a terrible review, always write negative posts and hate the person making it? That doesn't really seem logical to me...

Reactions: flanby

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
You love a game, but give it a terrible review, always write negative posts and hate the person making it? That doesn't really seem logical to me...
The premise is great. The delivery is erroneous. You could love a product but despise the manufacturer. I love Shakey's but I detest (more than once) late deliveries despite my expense and ample time given. More so if I ordered a pepperoni but got a pineapple instead.

Reactions: Kendra

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
I just wish the Mom will finally smile in the next chapter. She's constantly a bitch and depressed rendering her as uglier than zombies as some pirates claim. Mom's rather pretty in a mature way; and that's coming from someone who renders her for fun.

If only Kyle would make her smile...

Reactions: marcel666

gunnarb77

Jul 13, 2017
This update better be as long as a three month in the making update should be. Not just another one of the one per month updates.

Man In Moon

Sep 27, 2017
It's my understanding that rendering, writing, and coding something of this nature takes quite a bit of time. So I don't mind waiting a bit for quality. That said however, I am very much looking forward to future updates.

Zabon

Feb 22, 2018
I hope the release is delayed another month just to spite people complaining about how long it takes to update, and I'm a $20 tier patron. They just sound like a bunch of ungrateful children and have no concept of the idea that the further a game gets into development, the longer it will take to update. Especially with a game that has a branching plot, and don't forget that this game also has two protagonists with their own unique stories and branching plots. Then on top of it all there's only one person doing all of the renders, coding, and testing. I would love it if the update were to drop right now, but I'm not going to go whining everywhere if it doesn't. If I get tired of waiting I can just cancel my subscription until the update happens.

Reactions: Shardoom and rodloc

Linger_Dinger

Nov 21, 2017
I hope the release is delayed another month just to spite people complaining about how long it takes to update, and I'm a $20 tier patron. They just sound like a bunch of ungrateful children and have no concept of the idea that the further a game gets into development, the longer it will take to update. Especially with a game that has a branching plot, and don't forget that this game also has two protagonists with their own unique stories and branching plots. Then on top of it all there's only one person doing all of the renders, coding, and testing. I would love it if the update were to drop right now, but I'm not going to go whining everywhere if it doesn't. If I get tired of waiting I can just cancel my subscription until the update happens.
If he delays more he will lose money... a lot. Look at another game call Good Girl Bad Girl, the whole thing is hand drawn and all. Every month you get content that is worthy not many delays. The game at the moment got most of best content but good replayability. She also not earning as much as he does. The fact is if rendering is taking much time he can upgrade his system to increase his productivity. You are earning nearly a 10K a month more than 100K a year, it's not a small amount. Why not hire someone else to help you out? Look at BeWilder games their rendering is amazing and hired a programmer and project manager recently to help make the game better and fast and they not even earning close to 1K but despite still putting out a promsing update and always active in the community. But this guy is straight up being selfish. Trust me, I was his supporters and would back this guy up but not this time and anymore until he proves his worth again.

Remeber Evakiss also only one person and have better branch plotting than this dude even have in his game.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I hope the release is delayed ...
Nice that you are this patient, Chummer. I am a freetime writer myself and know quite well how problematic regular updates can be.
BUT: Due to this I can estimate quite well what real problems in updating are and if someone is BSing you. Gumdrop was not able to keep a deadline even once. As I wrote before, either he is in over his head and needs help or he is deliberately stretching the updates.
Even accounting for the (really good) renders, depending on the soft- and hardware a picture can take hours, there are other developers in the same situation as gumdrop who keep their schedules, e.g. Eva Kiss and her really nice "Good girl..." was already mentioned by forum users. Another nicely rendered game is "A Wife..." which despite being render-heavy is normally on time.
I am rooting for "Dual Family" because of the nice art and story potential. Nobody here in the thread would say anything if there had been 1 or 2 delays, such things happen, but gumdrop was not able to update on time once. And his explanations combined with some curious timing did not help. There is a reason why some users here are spoofing his explanation attempts.
If the coming update (hopefully very soon!) is "wow" gumdrop will regain credit, I even hope it will be so. But likewise there are reasons why some patrons and pirates alike become quite cynical over time.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

solokoot

Feb 2, 2018
Hi guys. I have a question. I'm at the part where the cousin asks if the son could leave the door unlocked for her so she could come over. And as the son leaves with his mom for groceries or something, the next scene is him in his room and your sis comes by to tell you that the dinner is ready. After that there is a black screen and he explains in 1 sentence that his cousin offered some kind of trip and that the family is going on it. Is that a bug or somthing? I feel like it skipped a lot of content because the nex scene is in an airplane.. I feel like at some times there are things that I've missed or the game simply have bugs? Is this just with me?

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
And unlike prominent adult games featured in these forums, developers of Summertime Saga and Dreams of Desire for example can justify delays due to the promising quality of their games. They too are on a 3 month-production period for their next relative chapters. Fans, customers and pirates alike are assured they will receive quality product at the end of the day with each chapter exceeding expectations. It's not conclusive that Chapter 9 will blow us away; it's first penetrative-incest scene for example was downright unnecessary and for no good reason. If the appetizer is horrible, the customers will expect the entree is much worse. It failed to come into terms of its categorization with each chapter getting worse and leading nowhere. It's supposed to be an incest game, not roam-around-the-depressive-house-on-dutch-angles-simulator.

Unlike the aforementioned adult games. Gumdrop deceives its customers. In early days of the game. Gumdrop teased this preview:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is it in the game? No. If you look closely, the man underneath does not resemble any of existing protagonists, totally different poser model. This is the only quality render we have of a possible sex scene with the desired other. Instead, Kyle maniacally used this to deceive hopeful patrons to invest but bombards the game with cliff-hanging dreams sequences. Bloody machiavellian. This barely scrapes the failed delivery dates, missing in-game scenes, useless features such as non-nude puzzles and overarching custom edition with no relevant content.

And quite recently, he mocks everyone by adding a progress bar which does not equate on the actual progress. Doubling daily 1% increase to weekly 2%, combined with intriguing previews which eventually are voyeur angles which does not progress the incest plot. He fails to effectively communicate with patrons, deceptively unresponsive to discord and emails by limiting information to a select few.

People can't possible blame us not to mistrust gumdrop, withdraw pledges and leech like a pirate.

nebsama

Aug 10, 2017
Guess this is another one of those games you can't criticised without an army of rabid defenders jumping on you

charlys

Jan 2, 2018
when is the end of the game announced ? This year ?
I wonder if we will see sex scenes between mother and son and between father and daughter.
Why not quickly finish the game off patreon to avoid problems (with incest) and thus start a new project.

Also, do you know other games where the main character seduces, flirts with a married woman (or who has a boyfriend). Or a game highlighting a married woman, in need of sex with her husband, who must resist the temptation to make love with an other guy ?
What are best games ?
Thanks

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes