VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
You mean 'How can they earn that much from doing NOTHING but sitting on their ass'

Because 3 months without a product means 3 months of $10,000 donations
I don't think this is the dev fault, no one obligates patrons to keep their patronage in months with no content, all they have to do is cancel the patronage for those months and come back when a new version is out. If patrons are satisfied by donating money even in months with no updates, this is between them and the dev

You might argue that the dev is abusing the goodwill of his patrons, but this is also for the patron to decide, if he is satisfied with the feedback the dev gives him, that's fine. There is also patrons that just want to see that concept the dev is making come to it's full potential and don't really care about the money they are sending his way. If I was someone that shits money I might have had a similar atitude with some projects

Oct 13, 2017
Guys, I know we are all bitchin' and moanin' about the developer, how long it's taken and it will take, and how he keeps making excuses, real or not.

We can all agree on one thing.

We're all still gonna play the next update, complain until next update, and so on

.........we're still gonna play it, I know I will....

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
no one obligates patrons to keep their patronage in months with no content
I would generally agree with you here but... that would involve the Dev being forthright about when the update was due to be released, so people can make that decision. Some may argue that Kyle has only given vague at best predictions regarding this release. In this case you can see from previous Patreon posts that the Dev originally stated a late Jan, possible early Feb release for Part IX but obviously he has missed that by just a little bit. The fiasco that was the progress bar on Patreon last month was also very misleading as it seemed to indicate at first that the update would drop soonish. This obviously turned out to be a false. I would say that the Kyle has kept the update just out of arms reach for a while now. Carrot and the stick approach. I'm sure there are people who still did cancel their pledge until the release, just as I'm sure there are people who will support him no matter what. This whole thing could of been handled far better though as I would imagine even the most ardent of supporters would of been a little frustrated by the constant delays, whether they admit it or not.

He seems like a genuinely nice guy so I don't like hating on him too much. I'm certain the update will be worth the wait though.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
He seems like a genuinely nice guy so I don't like hating on him too much. I'm certain the update will be worth the wait though.
What's intriguing is his peculiar style of sex animation. It's between dreams of desire's horrible 2-3 frame loop sex and icstor's genuine animation. The consistent motion blur feels like dream. It ain't good and it ain't bad either; it still lacks something.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
And what the hell does that “writing will NOT venture into next month” mean? This dude is acting like he’s making the Goodfellas or something.
Well, gumdrop prepares the audience for the time he pulls out another assinine excuse and tells us that it will become May...:eek:penedeyewink::eek:penedeyewink::closedtongue::closedtongue: May would not be next month :p
Seriously so, I really become fed up with his fake "progress", exemplified by the bar last month. That was deliberately misleading patrons and pirates alike, because noone can be this bad at estimating how long the rest of the update will take. He posted 90+% finished, when it was at 60% tops. That is a intentional obfuscation.

As for the "goodfellas" thing. Any artist is and has to be proud of his/her work to an extend. I am a freetime writer myself and happy that there is quite a number of people who like and follow my stories. One day, when I feel my writing has even more progressed, I hope to get my coming story projects released as hardcover. Any artist wants to be among the great ones with his/her work.
But unlike gumdrop I am not brownnosing myself into believing I have reached the level of Goethe or Jünger at this time. Maybe I will one day, maybe not, that is something for the future.
Gumdrop´s behaviour considering deadlines, intentional obfuscation and his "take it or leave it" approach when he has not all that much to show at this moment on the other hand hints at him seeing himself on par with guys like Hawks, Lubitsch or Cameron.

I like his art and the visible potential in his story, which is the reason I am still with this game, but the developer himself I am growing to dislike step by step due to his attitude.

D.S.-sama

Casual Ren'Py Modder
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Hello, I have made a mod for this game that, for now, lets you change the names of the characters and I have made the hidden objects glow without a mouse over.

You can find it .

Enjoy!

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Hello, I have made a mod for this game that, for now, lets you change the names of the characters and I have made the hidden objects glow without a mouse over.

You can find it .

Enjoy!
Thanks. I can finally change Aunt Aunt!

DonutMan

Dec 3, 2016
Guys, I know we are all bitchin' and moanin' about the developer, how long it's taken and it will take, and how he keeps making excuses, real or not.

We can all agree on one thing.

We're all still gonna play the next update, complain until next update, and so on

.........we're still gonna play it, I know I will....
Um, you forgot all the inevitable bitching after the update about how there is no real content with either the mom or daughter. There will probably be a warm embrace, a dream, and if we are REALLY LUCKY... maybe some peeking through a cracked doorway with some partial PG-13 nudity. The rest will probably be a combination of: rehashing conversations about how the MC shouldn't be attracted to them, forced interactions with Aunt and niece, normal family interactions containing a longing look or two, and puzzles.

We will then spend a week or two complaining about the horrible pace of the game, followed by my favorite part, a week or two of blissful peace during which we forget about the game entirely... until we realize it's been a month since the last update and we start wondering when the next one will come out.

Carcalla

Nov 21, 2017

You can find it .

Enjoy!
Thank you brother!! Great Work!!

smokllya

Jul 14, 2017
What's intriguing is his peculiar style of sex animation. It's between dreams of desire's horrible 2-3 frame loop sex and icstor's genuine animation. The consistent motion blur feels like dream. It ain't good and it ain't bad either; it still lacks something.
That animation with the Aunt was truly bad. Might as well just make it a 3 to 5 pictures per sex scene and paste the dialogue.

gregonzole

Aug 10, 2017
If it does take two months for only 1000 renders and it does release on April, then whoever is stupid enough to still be pledged to him deserves to have their money taken.

Reactions: Incense
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes