VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
Hello, Siddington´s explanation of the Son-Daughter-Cousin situation is convincing because you seem to overlook one or two things or have not played that routes. The main thing is we get the motivations of son and Cousin rather clearly, while we do not get the inner monologue of the daughter, but we get enough hints.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think Karen is going to be a very interesting character moving forward but I can't stand how much of a slut she is. Can't remotely think of her as a romantic interest at this point. Maybe a quick splash and dash (old F1 lingo)? Even then I'd wear a triple thick condom and get a tetanus shot before sleeping with her just in-case. Then you've got to worry about the old adage of "you never stick your dick in crazy" with her. The Daughter would only have to look at the Father wrong and he'd find Karen has gone full Kathy Bates/Misery on his ass. Can a person ever become truly irredeemable? I would say setting a trap that implicates 2 family members in an incestuous sex act with the express purpose of destroying the life of another family member, and her relationship with her Father, comes pretty damn close for me...She's become more of an antagonist for me at this point, as she is trying to keep me (the father) away from my true goal, the beautiful Daughter.

I think one of my main annoyances with this game currently is that the Daughter seems to be better fleshed out in the Son route rather than the Father's where she is supposed to be the main aim. Her conversations with her brother give her a lot more character development and the Brother/Son's internal monologue give more detail into his Sister's past than is ever shown in the Father route. It's fair to say that the Father knows next to knowing about Karen, his Daughter and his Son's past and current issues together. This can't help but make his relationship with his daughter look a bit shallow in comparison to the Son. I think this is partially what Zalook was talking about. She's far from a completely one dimensional character but it's never truly shown in the route where she's the main love interest, yet anyway. It's why I can't exactly blame people for preferring the Son route. I think it genuinely does have the better content currently and it's a shame. Gumdrop has apparently stated via private message to another member that the Daughter route is his favourite but I'm not sure it's actually translated that way in game.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Well, I've finally played through the Dad route. I will need some time for my brain to reform before going at the Son route.

While the concept and execution remain novel and attractive, the crazy camera angles have now put a permanent crick in my neck. Plus, I feel like the world is no longer flat when I walk, so there's that, too.

From a play perspective, it delivers on story, if hardly any real eroticism. Indeed, it's clearly an adult game, much like Schindler's List is an adult movie. The design and delivery take it, at most, to softcore level, if not merely mature audiences.

But, that's what this game has always purported to be. There is no real "bait and switch" here. It's been internally consistent all this time. Love it or hate it, the game remains as it started, a complex psychological drama with drips of incest and hints of sex.

I usually have to set aside "quiet brain" time before I play this game. Nothing is easy, not the visual angles nor the scripting, but given those facts, it's entirely engaging.

Don't know what players WERE expecting from this game, but surely by now everyone must know what they actually are getting.

As for time between updates...honestly, I don't think my brain could handle quicker updates on this game!

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
As for time between updates...honestly, I don't think my brain could handle quicker updates on this game!
This sir is the only thing I will disagree with you on! We need that dance and we need it now!

Ok... breath... Right, I've calmed down a little bit now.

Part of me is incredibly impatient for the next update but the rest of me realizes how crucial it is to get the Dance perfect so taking his time will not be a bad thing. Isaac and Ben have a big part to play. Will the Daughter show strength and tell Isaac to take a long walk off a short cliff? Will Isaac take no for an answer or will he then take his frustrations out on the Son and his date? Will Ben try to get too touchy-feely with the Daughter? How are the Mother and Father going to be involved in this end of High School dance? Will the Son's date causes any issues? Picturing a homeless looking Hoodie Girl at a fancy ball but I bet she scrubs up beautifully. Can't wait to see :) Will Karen show her face even though she stated she wasn't interested and had never been to one? So basically it could be a bit messy if not done right. I guess for once I wouldn't mind if he took his time. Kyle has apparently said 5-6 weeks, so I would say expect 3 months and you mite not be disappointed...

U

User_166761

Hello, Siddington´s explanation of the Son-Daughter-Cousin situation is convincing because you seem to overlook one or two things or have not played that routes. The main thing is we get the motivations of son and Cousin rather clearly, while we do not get the inner monologue of the daughter, but we get enough hints.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
With how realistic this game is trying to be I can't imagine anything more depressing and humiliating than dancing with your parent on a prom. Especially for a hottie like daughter. I wonder if Gum will go with it

U

User_166761

With how realistic this game is trying to be I can't imagine anything more depressing and humiliating than dancing with your parent on a prom. Especially for a hottie like daughter. I wonder if Gum will go with it
lmao, yeah, I though it was a joke, but if he does go ahead with that, that would be really underwhelming. It would remind me of the cringiness of Dating my Daughter.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
This sir is the only thing I will disagree with you on! We need that dance and we need it now!

Ok... breath... Right, I've calmed down a little bit now.

Part of me is incredibly impatient for the next update but the rest of me realizes how crucial it is to get the Dance perfect so taking his time will not be a bad thing. Isaac and Ben have a big part to play. Will the Daughter show strength and tell Isaac to take a long walk off a short cliff? Will Isaac take no for an answer or will he then take his frustrations out on the Son and his date? Will Ben try to get too touchy-feely with the Daughter? How are the Mother and Father going to be involved in this end of High School dance? Will the Son's date causes any issues? Picturing a homeless looking Hoodie Girl at a fancy ball but I bet she scrubs up beautifully. Can't wait to see :) Will Karen show her face even though she stated she wasn't interested and had never been to one? So basically it could be a bit messy if not done right. I guess for once I wouldn't mind if he took his time. Kyle has apparently said 5-6 weeks, so I would say expect 3 months and you mite not be disappointed...
Ha! I didn't say I wouldn't PREFER quicker updates, just that my brain may not be up to the task. I have less brain cells than I started with when I began this game. And, no, that's not a shot at how long it's taking, but feel free to use it.

Reactions: Siddington

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
lmao, yeah, I though it was a joke, but if he does go ahead with that, that would be really underwhelming. It would remind me of the cringiness of Dating my Daughter.
Yeah, with DMD that would fit nicely with how silly it is with its reality. Here it feels like dad will actually be d's partner for the prom and it feels sad as hell. Broken family, broken school life and non-existing love life - It's nothing strange that with such depressing life circumstances she will give it to anyone at some point, regardless if it's her family member or animal. What a weird thing I play and enjoy;p

U

User_166761

Yeah, with DMD that would fit nicely with how silly it is with its reality. Here it feels like dad will actually be d's partner for the prom and it feels sad as hell. Broken family, broken school life and non-existing love life - It's nothing strange that with such depressing life circumstances she will give it to anyone at some point, regardless if it's her family member or animal. What a weird thing I play and enjoy:heartcoveredeyes:
He might as well put a leash on her at that point :closedeyesmile: and be her college roommate too.

Linger_Dinger

Nov 21, 2017
there is a character called maddy you can ask karen to go to the date with her and you can have sex with her if you want but you only get her if you didnt help the girl that wanted to commit suicide in version 1
We meet her at the party. She was sitting on the couch. This update just introduced us to the reoccurring character that won't even pop again in future.

Reactions: z3z3

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Despite the not so frequent updates, I like this game quite much, both Father and Son paths, with it's slow burn got me very interested. Hope it continues!

Reactions: Psaro
Nov 17, 2017
Great game but some sex scenes are weak so far. Too dark. I hope the next ones will be better. And aunt is super hot (number 1 milf of all games).

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
Yeah, with DMD that would fit nicely with how silly it is with its reality. Here it feels like dad will actually be d's partner for the prom and it feels sad as hell. Broken family, broken school life and non-existing love life - It's nothing strange that with such depressing life circumstances she will give it to anyone at some point, regardless if it's her family member or animal. What a weird thing I play and enjoy:heartcoveredeyes:
I don't think for a second that the Daughter and Father will dance together at the main dance. I think the Daughter made that perfectly clear in this update. I don't think she intends to get anything from the dance other than the experience she feels she has been missing out on and the closing of that chapter in her life. I do however think that they will share a romantic dance later that evening as they have organised to go somewhere together after the dance. Or we could all be wrong and Isaac will go full postal on the dance and kill everyone. Wouldn't be too far from the story's theme thus far.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I don't think for a second that the Daughter and Father will dance together at the main dance. I think the Daughter made that perfectly clear in this update. I don't think she intends to get anything from the dance other than the experience she feels she has been missing out on and the closing of that chapter in her life. I do however think that they will share a romantic dance later that evening as they have organised to go somewhere together after the dance. Or we could all be wrong and Isaac will go full postal on the dance and kill everyone. Wouldn't be too far from the story's theme thus far.
Since it's obviously one of my interests I seriously wouldn't mind at all if Isaac could take a lead at some point but I doubt that's the case. Postal would fit nicely as well. DF is really unpredictable in comparison to other incest games as it's really hard to make such relations believable. We will see. Maybe dancing minigame will be implemented and depending on our score relation with daughter will improve or not:O Something like Guitar Hero. I can see this potential

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Since it's obviously one of my interests I seriously wouldn't mind at all if Isaac could take a lead at some point but I doubt that's the case. Postal would fit nicely as well. DF is really unpredictable in comparison to other incest games as it's really hard to make such relations believable. We will see. Maybe dancing minigame will be implemented and depending on our score relation with daughter will improve or not:O Something like Guitar Hero. I can see this potential
I think they're going to break into a chorus of Hava Nagila and there will be a surprise wedding at the dance. Considering the circumstances in recent months at schools, even given these are just games, a slaughter at a school is probably a bit dark.

Though, as Siddington suggests, not totally out of character of the mood of this game!

Or, they could join in for a rendition of Riverdance, with the Dad playing the part of Michael Flatley...

Reactions: Siddington
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes