VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think with regards to Karen and the daughter, it has become a bit of a vicious circle. Neither of them treat the other with much respect so it's bound to breed dislike.

I think the reason I can empathize with the daughter over this is because I have been in a very similar position in my life with a cousin. I had one that was a druggy that I cut myself off from completely after seeing the trouble he would get himself into. I was a goody two-shoes growing up, thought he was a bit of a scumbag and wanted nothing to do with that life, not unlike the Daughter in this game. He ended up in prison because of it...Bullet well and truly dodged I think.

I'll say that the story is there if you take the time to take it in or even go back through it for a refresher. Whether you think it's an adequate explanation is subjective and up to you. I get that we may have two different interpretations of it and that is perfectly fine. I'll admit I've found this discussion immensely fun though, going back and analyzing (or over analyzing lol) some crucial scenes. God I must be really bored haha.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I think with regards to Karen and the daughter, it has become a bit of a vicious circle. Neither of them treat the other with much respect so it's bound to breed dislike.

I think the reason I can empathize with the daughter over this is because I have been in a very similar position in my life with a cousin. I had one that was a druggy that I cut myself off from completely after seeing the trouble he would get himself into. I was a goody two-shoes growing up, thought he was a bit of a scumbag and wanted nothing to do with that life, not unlike the Daughter in this game. He ended up in prison because of it...Bullet well and truly dodged I think.

I'll say that the story is there if you take the time to take it in or even go back through it for a refresher. Whether you think it's an adequate explanation is subjective and up to you. I get that we may have two different interpretations of it and that is perfectly fine. I'll admit I've found this discussion immensely fun though, going back and analyzing (or over analyzing lol) some crucial scenes. God I must be really bored haha.
The funny thing about this thread is that it kind of reads like the game - a schizophrenic love/hate fest.

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
Since it's obviously one of my interests I seriously wouldn't mind at all if Isaac could take a lead at some point but I doubt that's the case. Postal would fit nicely as well. DF is really unpredictable in comparison to other incest games as it's really hard to make such relations believable. We will see. Maybe dancing minigame will be implemented and depending on our score relation with daughter will improve or not:O Something like Guitar Hero. I can see this potential
I'm glad to say that it seems that this game is probably the only one that isn't planning on adding NTR into it this year. Don't worry, you can take solace in the fact that developers are apparently throwing it in just about everywhere else, whether it fits the games tone or not. Honestly can you imagine if after a year of development and nonexistent sexual content with the main characters, Isaac comes along and bangs one or both of the main love interests?! I think you and your NTR buddies would be the only ones playing this game afterwards...

The funny thing about this thread is that it kind of reads like the game - a schizophrenic love/hate fest.
I agree it is amusing and I've played my part in that. I like the game even with it's flaws but I voiced my issues with how the developer handles certain things. His inability to hit deadlines and then the following poor communication are infuriating. It's led to people almost calling him a con artist with regards to the delaying of releases until the start of the next payment cycle. I don't agree with that but he certainly doesn't help himself with regards to offering an adequate defense. Just hope the next release is smoother.

Mrs Delington

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
I didnt play at this new version (0.98) yet...but I am really disappointed to learn that again, no action with this hot sexy beautiful mother....so many months that we are waiting for a single simple action....but no....

Please someone call Vanaduke to continue this story....

Ok, so this morning I have played at the last part (0.98).
I have to confess that I really liked this part.
The story with MC mom begins to take a lot interesting place. Even if we don't have sex yet with MC mom, the images are great. I have feel like if something was on the edge to come, like when MC was in the master room.
I have to remove my last comment saying that this part dont have any action. Yes, it have some action, not sex (with MC mom), but really interesting action following this story. And Karen...what she have done ? Sent picture to MC dad of MC and MC mom in bed ? Interesting to see eventually how they will react when they will see the picture...if this is a part of the story.
Now, my only negative comment will go on the time to update this game. Three months is really too much. And its probably why everyone is frustrated, no because of the content, but because it doesn't updated enough fast for the content.
But this is a great game, at my eyes.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I'm glad to say that it seems that this game is probably the only one that isn't planning on adding NTR into it this year. Don't worry, you can take solace in the fact that developers are apparently throwing it in just about everywhere else, whether it fits the games tone or not. Honestly can you imagine if after a year of development and nonexistent sexual content with the main characters, Isaac comes along and bangs one of both of the main love interests?! I think you and your NTR buddies would be the only ones playing this game afterwards...

I agree it is amusing and I've played my part in that. I like the game even with it's flaws but I voiced my issues with how the developer handles certain things. His inability to hit deadlines and then the following poor communication are infuriating. It's led to people almost calling him a con artist with regards to the delaying of releases until the start of the next payment cycle. I don't agree with that but he certainly doesn't help himself with regards to offering an adequate defense. Just hope the next release is smoother.
I think you've hit the nail on the head (as have others). It's not even the delays of the releases, it's the lack of transparent communication. Telling people what's going on defuses a heckuva lot of angst. There will always be those who cry "milker", but those cries are less prevalent with open and consistent communication by the dev(s).

Reactions: Siddington

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I think they're going to break into a chorus of Hava Nagila and there will be a surprise wedding at the dance. Considering the circumstances in recent months at schools, even given these are just games, a slaughter at a school is probably a bit dark.

Though, as Siddington suggests, not totally out of character of the mood of this game!

Or, they could join in for a rendition of Riverdance, with the Dad playing the part of Michael Flatley...
Well, as terrible as it sounds, if game is placed in US, slaughter in a school (or in fact anywhere) is not so uncommon. Such a trauma could lead to psychotic behaviours and later on to incest. Dark but interesting scenario.
I'm glad to say that it seems that this game is probably the only one that isn't planning on adding NTR into it this year. Don't worry, you can take solace in the fact that developers are apparently throwing it in just about everywhere else, whether it fits the games tone or not. Honestly can you imagine if after a year of development and nonexistent sexual content with the main characters, Isaac comes along and bangs one of both of the main love interests?! I think you and your NTR buddies would be the only ones playing this game afterwards...
I'm sure he wouldn't go that far with Isaac only scene on any path and I wouldn't call it NTR at all. I won't go after NTR talk as it will just bring useless emotions here so let's say I disagree with you in that regard. You're overestimating patrons in my opinion. Regardless of his choices early generation of devs just won't lose their supporters unless they throw away their games. Patreon is not a real market and it works in a weird ways sometimes.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Well, for some reason that version I get from download link don't have any new gallery pictures. Anyone know reason?
One of earlier posts say dev would add patch, witch adds puzzles and clothes in the game. Post was send saturday and dev says 2-3 days, but who knows.

May 1, 2017
The story per se has a lot of potential, but you feel the drawing out everything done by gumdrop many, many times. In parts it is quite the "snoozefest", as another user pointed out. The update is not really worth the long wait, but then again gumdrop is milking it with an industrial strength machine, so he cannot present a tight, coherent and fun game, it would be over "too fast".
By the way, what is Cohabitation like, since you are not a friend of that game as well?
It started out with a lot of potential, and then the dev started posting anemic updates and lame excuses for late updates ("I'm just not feeling in the mood this month, guys"). There's a lot more content now, so it's probably worth a try, but it's not even to 0.8 with over 2 1/4 years in dev and only two (one very recently added) female characters.

But hey, at least there's actual sexual content, so there's that.

Reactions: Pyjak Slayer

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
It started out with a lot of potential, and then the dev started posting anemic updates and lame excuses for late updates ("I'm just not feeling in the mood this month, guys"). There's a lot more content now, so it's probably worth a try, but it's not even to 0.8 with over 2 1/4 years in dev and only two (one very recently added) female characters.

But hey, at least there's actual sexual content, so there's that.
I think it's kinda goofy to point to the version number as if that's some sort of barometer of material. Each dev measures their production differently. For example, a new game by ICSTOR at 0.1 has a lot of content while others with a similar designation may only be a skeleton.

In the case of this game, there actually is a ton of content. It's just not in the direction some players want to see. Of course, no one is handcuffing anyone to the game, but it seems some people gain more enjoyment hanging around to bash things than moving on. Whatever brings them enjoyment.

For me, I lean towards the "it's not quite in the direction I want", but I feel there's a bucket load of content. As I'm a paused patron, I don't get too concerned, what with all the other options out there.

Oh, and, sorry about the skeleton reference. I know that's a touchy subject. (Ew, maybe touchy isn't a good word either)

May 1, 2017
I think it's kinda goofy to point to the version number as if that's some sort of barometer of material. Each dev measures their production differently. For example, a new game by ICSTOR at 0.1 has a lot of content while others with a similar designation may only be a skeleton.

In the case of this game, there actually is a ton of content. It's just not in the direction some players want to see. Of course, no one is handcuffing anyone to the game, but it seems some people gain more enjoyment hanging around to bash things than moving on. Whatever brings them enjoyment.

For me, I lean towards the "it's not quite in the direction I want", but I feel there's a bucket load of content. As I'm a paused patron, I don't get too concerned, what with all the other options out there.

Oh, and, sorry about the skeleton reference. I know that's a touchy subject. (Ew, maybe touchy isn't a good word either)
I think you misunderstood. I was replying to someone asking about Cohabitation. The version number became a problem because it was consistently updating to the next decimal every month early on, but the content provided for each monthly update started to slide significantly, and that's when you started to see .xx versions instead of .x, and the updates became even more infrequent with less content.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes