VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes
Oct 29, 2016
can´t deny the fact, that I´m disappointed. He gave the impression, that we´re near an update with his tracker. Well, he lacks transparency, also with his newly bought graphic cards, no pictures for proof on his site.

@ Mods @muttdoggy
I suggest that it´s better to close this thread. F95zone is a pirate-forum, but it is also a marketing Tool for developers. I don´t think it is good to give Kyle a platform here until he´ll release something, because words mean nothing until proven. So my suggestion is, to close this thread until the 25 of january (I think it would be best to do this on many games, whose dev lack similar to this one (games, who are onhold, abandoned etc.).

I also agree with closing the thread, i dont know if this will change something regarding the developer's ethics , but it the least thing "we" can do as a community for protesting in our own pirate way. It is certain that this forum brought new patreons to the dev, it really raised the awareness of the game, made the game profitable. So, the ethical thing to do would be to close the thread, not delete it, just close it until the "release date". Newcomers must know and NOT be lured into becoming this guy's patreons.

Just my 2cents.

Reactions: swammy

Cal

Oct 18, 2016
I was a patron on good ol Kyle's for a number of months. I know his shtick. Time and again he promised an update, only to concoct excuse after excuse when he failed to deliver on time. But those excuses began to ring hollow- he conviently would delay release just long enough for the next month's Patreon payments to go into effect. He's doing the same conniving, snake-like thing now. If you go to his website, and to the subscription page, you'll notice an option to pay for either 30 days, or for 90 days (three months). I do believe he has conned enough subscribers into signing up for the 90 day option, thusly enabling him to drag out the process, and ultimately delay the next release. It is no coincidence that January would constitute 90 days from this month. With enough of these type of 90 day subscribers, the impetus to get this update done and released no longer exists- so he will rake in the money, and do nothing but release inane previews just to give himself cover. I think Kyle's had this update done for quite a while now- his "progress tracker" being nothing but deceitful horseshit.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
he is a thief
In this case calling Kyle the thief would be wrong, being a milker, freeloader or liar with tons of words but no action, thats more close to it. Keep in mind Kyle gets his money from the people who support him, he isn't exactly stealing or something...

yep10

Jun 27, 2017
Just got banned from his discord :'(.
First time, I saw him behaving like that. Hahaha it seems like he was really upset.
Usually he keeps it civil. I guess he didn't like to be confronted about his lies.

he is a thief
Yeah I mean we all know him by now.

The Staff do not close game threads ever, except in very specific circumstances (temporarily, for very very popular games when a release is imminent and the thread is out of control).
I didn't know. But for instance do you think it could be possible to issue a warning in the opening post? Newcomers might not be familiar with him and his modus operandi.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
I don't even know what to say 25th January for an release date meaning he will of released one single update this whole year at an cost of over $120,000 I mean what can you say? this has to be in the top ten of all gaming scams that I've ever seen.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Jan 25th is a "VASTLY cushioned and overestimated date" how are people missing this? The game won't 'actually' take that long... -_-

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
At this point, I think it is safe to say that this is not a game anymore: it is a cult. It has all the features:

1. A charismatic leader who increasingly becomes a revered figure (well, somehow correct).
2. A process of indoctrination that culminates in members of the cult agreeing to do things that are not in their best interest but in the best interest of the leader.
3. Economic, sexual or other kind of explotation of the group's members.
4. Authoritarianism; zero tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

I would not be surprised to know that the remaining patrons have already been branded with Kyle's initials.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
so another one bites the dust. I gotta say I had a feeling he's fed up with the game and will quit soon. you can always tell when the updates start lagging and finally come out with one night's worth of renders and 15 minutes of writing. this is not the commitment level $120K requires.

incest games get the rap of being a dime a dozen, but maybe only 1 out of 1000 survives up to mom getting some action. this wasn't one of them.

Reactions: Uncensored Loli

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
because we've been here before and heard all the excuses before.
Then perhaps you should consider un-patron'ing / moving on from this game if you are unhappy.

I'm a patron and have been for a long time, like many of his other patrons I'm willing to wait. There are PLENTY of other games to play / outside world to visit while I wait...

nickkk

Nov 16, 2017

Lads, come on in!
Check out if you'd like, another chunk of scenes went through the grinder this past week. I'll be keeping things in the intro short again -- I'm sure you want to jump right into it!

Part X Progress!

January 25th: that's Part X's release date. After many months discussing with others and pondering how to approach release dates, I've decided to give this method a try. Here goes nothing!

This date was developed with the following factors in mind:

• Remaining rendering of scenes + sex animations
  • Remaining writing (dialogue/hardcoding)
  • Post work including graphics and music/audio additions to sun/dance/end segs
  • An absurdly large time cushion slapped on, ensuring if the game is released on a day other than January 25th, it's BEFORE rather than after
The primary goal I seek to accomplish with this date is to exceed expectation. Since last year's beginnings, the opposite has been true with most releases falling 24-48 hours after the given release date due to a conservative, naive estimate on my part. If I'm going to miss the mark for Part X, as in release on a date other than January 25th, it will now be before rather than after.

Heave ho! As always, I will continue to update you weekly on Part X's development and sneak in a few secrets, plus all the character polls, pinups, previews and other stragglers I post. For many, the mentioned weekly content doesn't have an equivalent value to what they pledge; if you also feel this way, I fully support rescinding/holding on to your pledge until you personally feel I can provide that value. For many, understandably so, that's when Part X is released.

Whether you decide to stick around for the preparty, for every last firework or show up the day of, I can't wait to share with you the Act I finale and what it's become. You've offered me both your support and patience, allowing me to flesh the dance out with the amount of content a finale truly deserves. I thank you for that gift once again, hoping you'll join me on the dance floor with a pretty lady or two. :]

Part X Content!

One of my favorite parts of both collection and choice-based games is the totals screen. For this game specifically, it will tally the many variables you've collected throughout the story, such as relationship points and pivotal decisions. Those seeking to review their actions at the end of Act I, both depraved and virtuous, will be thoroughly amused!

Of course, the particular ending you choose will directly tie into the totals screen. Some are hesitant to move from the platonic relationship phase and will aptly receive confirmation of that when finishing Act I. Of course, it's never too late to move from one phase to another, perhaps if those with uncertain thoughts change their mind next act.

Others, likely in the majority based off polling, will be advancing to the romantic phase with the main pairings in both campaigns. Both Act I's ending and Act II's beginning will reflect that decision, Act I's totals screen giving you a unique title describing your actions/relationship with each main lady. Along with the endings, I encourage you to explore the various total changes caused by your mingling in the story!

Let's switch gears a bit. Tomorrow, I'll be posting more CE Previews (previews of future in-game CE content) of busts. They'll explore both ends of the spectrum, regarding the gals you care most about.

Later this week, I'll be firing up the pinup factory again; the polling I conducted decided The Matriarch & The Deviant to be the priority pairing, so that'll be coming up first! Since the pairing following that is already assumed, I will throw up another CE Club poll to decide what the third pinup pack will be. Don't miss it if you enjoy having a hand in choosing naked ladies! :]

Website Phase II - Users & Pledging!

As always, df@gumdropgames.net is the surefire route to have your message read and replied to, whatever flavor. If you'd like to read up on all the juicy bits that are coming out this month, check out last week's dev update:

• (Coming tomorrow!) CE Content Previews
  • (Coming this week!) RE and CE Club Polls
  • (Coming this week!) CE Club Nude Pinup Pack
  • (Coming this month!) Part IX Patch
  • (Coming this month!) Sex Animation Previews
  • (Coming this month!) Three Part X Previews
  • (Coming this month!) Public Posts & Polls
  • Dev updates, previews, pinups & other goodies
  • Part X!
That's all for now, I'm glad you stuck around. See you tomorrow! :]

Best as always, my good lads.

Gumdrop Games
lmao January 25th, and it's gumdrop so you know that isn't an absurdly long time cushion. This update is coming out beginning of Jaunary at the earliest.

I think this game might be done for. This update will have taken over 10 months to be released, and you already know it won't be that much longer than your average update. Plus all the sex he keeps talking about will happen with characters no one cares about. I don't think even the most deluded of his patreon sheep will be able to keep supporting him after this update disappoints.

I think gumdrop knows this and now he is going to give up on this game and just try milking his patreon supporters for as much as he can.

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Naive? No, I just have plenty to do while Kyle works.

Now, if I was literally doing nothing but waiting for the next update? Sure, then perhaps I would also have my panties in a twist like many here seem to... Thankfully I'm a grown-up with other shit to do...
What you do with your money is entirely your choice. Who you choose to support is entirely your choice.

But, to completely turn a blind eye to Gumdrops failure as a developer is just as bad as the people who "have their panties in a twist" about this announcement. You're absolving Gumdrop of ANY wrong-doing with the notion of "I have other things to do, and play! I'm an adult!". Which is exactly the reason why he gets away with this.

You're telling me that an update that could potentially take 10 months to complete is perfectly acceptable for a developer almost 2 years in the game, with 10K in revenue, powerful rendering machines, a website with subscriptions, and a future 2 team staff? Does any of this sound fishy to you? or at least irresponsible? No?

People have sank (give or take) $70,000 in to this developer since the last update! And, all he has to show for it are a bunch of previews, polls, and 32 Pin-Ups.

Does any of this seem off to you at all? If you want to continue to support him, that's fine. It's your money, your choice. But, to come in this thread to dismiss everyone as children, and wave it all off like water under the bridge is just wrong.

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
I think this game might be done for. This update will have taken over 10 months to be released, and you already know it won't be that much longer than your average update. Plus all the sex he keeps talking about will happen with characters no one cares about. I don't think even the most deluded of his patreon sheep will be able to keep supporting him after this update disappoints.

I think gumdrop knows this and now he is going to give up on this game and just try milking his patreon supporters for as much as he can.
Um, just see above, mate.

Honestly, I would like to say that I'm sorry for these guys. But when you get to read something like that, when you see them stubbornly determined to accept whatever insane shit this dev comes up with, you can't help but think they are getting exactly what they deserve.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
What you do with your money is entirely your choice. Who you choose to support is entirely your choice.

But, to completely turn a blind eye to Gumdrops failure as a developer is just as bad as the people who "have their panties in a twist" about this announcement. You're absolving Gumdrop of ANY wrong-doing with the notion of "I have other things to do, and play! I'm an adult!". Which is exactly the reason why he gets away with this.

You're telling me that an update that could potentially take 10 months to complete is perfectly acceptable for a developer almost 2 years in the game, with 10K in revenue, powerful rendering machines, a website with subscriptions, and a future 2 team staff? Does any of this sound fishy to you? or at least irresponsible? No?

People have sank (give or take) $70,000 in to this developer since the last update! And, all he has to show for it are a bunch of previews, polls, and 32 Pin-Ups.

Does any of this seem off to you at all? If you want to continue to support him, that's fine. It's your money, your choice. But, to come in this thread to dismiss everyone as children, and wave it all off like water under the bridge is just wrong.
Of course your opinion is yours to have. Do you know what I do when something happens in/to a game that I don't like? I walk away, I speak with my wallet. Done so many times, funnily enough I've never felt compelled to do that with this game.

More people should follow this pattern though, if DF irks you 'that' much, walk away. It'll be better for your state of mind.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes