VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Captain's Log, day 586

Crew today bought me the 'shocking' news that the game is delayed. Your Captain is literally shaking right now boys and girls. Many of the crew continue to walk around in circles, pacing frantically in a desperate hope for relief. 'It's already been over six months' they mutter to themselves on permanent loop. Caught one of the crew writing REDRUM over and over again on the bathroom mirrors, had to quarantine him immediately. Medical staff have stated the intense wait has caused his blue balls to turn septic, causing horrific skeleton-preaching-morality themed hallucinations. (Damn, thought we got rid of that bastard).

Even the space forces F95 Mods hands have been forced, classing the game as 'Onhold.' I hear even now as they sit around a table, smoking and playing cards, they mutter shaking their heads, needing another shot of whiskey to numb the thought. 'Crazy crazy bastard...even after all this time...he couldn't hit the fucking date.'

Okay okay...Let's be frank here.

Is anyone really surprised?
You shouldn't be, and really...you shouldn't care anymore.

When this update does eventually...one day...one Year...FINALLY drop, will it truly matter how good it is? It could be the world's greatest update, and by this point the expectations on it having to outperform from the excruciating wait is so unbalanced it's practically moot. It would have to be extraordinary to even remotely stand a chance at being 'passable' and we all know deep down what we will get. What do I believe the update will be like when it finally hits? Exactly the same thing you deep down know as well, It will probably be more of the same content we previously got, heavily prioritized on it's narrative (whether you like it or or not), and probably with greater graphical improvement. The true sexual content will be in the later ACTS...maybe you'll get a scene with someone drunk if you're lucky.

INTERMISSION NEWS:
Lily of the Valley had one of it's best updates in a long while, crew grumbled and gave some applause, deep down I hope the noble crew can regain faith in them. Everyone is still waiting for the next Summertime Saga and ICSTOR update...until Lewdlab cooks up something good and that goes into the mix. Crew would like to see a fresh contender enter the ring, not that the current heavyweights aren't glorious.

This is your Captain,
As dreadfully bored as the rest of you,
Signing off.

captain of space ship.jpg

U

User_488453

Hats off to you fans who are still in the 3rd phase: The Buying and Waiting Game, providing information to this thread. I'll try not to be lured with the 3 month/90 day 12 bucks discount despite the promising new animations and tempting teaser. In lieu of Act 1, Chapter 10's new teaser. this is from my Chapter 10's comic teaser. If only I was an adult game developer, I could have done it better.

Caution. No melancholic drama, just a loving father penetrating his lovely daughter.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
the art looks great, Id imagine the game will never be completed to this point. We gotta snuggle and cuddle and steal glances for the next few years first.

lalka

Jun 2, 2017
I can't imagine how much content there should be after almost a year of developing ... anyways instead of rolling out the game faster dev makes a side-story game for Christmas, i don't understand that.

moarshotaplz

Sep 29, 2017
I can't imagine how much content there should be after almost a year of developing ... anyways instead of rolling out the game faster dev makes a side-story game for Christmas, i don't understand that.
There's a small to large chance that the past year has seen little to no progress and the Christmas update was just a way of keeping patrons with no real intention of progressing in the development of the game.

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
Again my main issue here is that while Gumdrop may say things like "I fully support one rescinding their pledge", he then releases a delayed Christmas side-story, in which he felt it was the best time to tell patrons he wouldn't be hitting the January 25th deadline... just after the new year begins. Of course his patrons would have already paid their January fee by that point so not really giving his patrons a chance to cancel their pledges. So his patrons probably think "Well there's not much point cancelling now is there, as surely it'll be out in February"... Nope, Gumdrop gave no guarantees that will be the case. You could again say he was deliberately vague. Who wants to bet that we'll stumble into February without any concrete info, thus his patrons pay again for Pinups and rambling Dev updates, then he'll release Part X on March 2nd.

Jashmyne

Oct 11, 2018
Should be enough content for a 1.5 at this point.

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
Considering indie games cost an average around $5-$10 and Japanese VN cost around $20 or so which is a completed version,so one time pay and I completed those game spending like 4-6 hours or so .this dev askes for $20 each month and I've seen people giving him for months....so I guess his fanboys/Fangirls are expecting this game to be like 50+ hours,pffftt, may be 100+ hours ,bahahaha....

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Considering indie games cost an average around $5-$10 and Japanese VN cost around $20 or so which is a completed version,so one time pay and I completed those game spending like 4-6 hours or so .this dev askes for $20 each month and I've seen people giving him for months....so I guess his fanboys/Fangirls are expecting this game to be like 50+ hours,pffftt, may be 100+ hours ,bahahaha....
Patrons aren't buying the game. They're supporting the artist. This is long rooted in history.

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
Captain's Log, day 586

Crew today bought me the 'shocking' news that the game is delayed. Your Captain is literally shaking right now boys and girls. Many of the crew continue to walk around in circles, pacing frantically in a desperate hope for relief. 'It's already been over six months' they mutter to themselves on permanent loop. Caught one of the crew writing REDRUM over and over again on the bathroom mirrors, had to quarantine him immediately. Medical staff have stated the intense wait has caused his blue balls to turn septic, causing horrific skeleton-preaching-morality themed hallucinations. (Damn, thought we got rid of that bastard).

Even the space forces F95 Mods hands have been forced, classing the game as 'Onhold.' I hear even now as they sit around a table, smoking and playing cards, they mutter shaking their heads, needing another shot of whiskey to numb the thought. 'Crazy crazy bastard...even after all this time...he couldn't hit the fucking date.'

Okay okay...Let's be frank here.

Is anyone really surprised?
You shouldn't be, and really...you shouldn't care anymore.

When this update does eventually...one day...one Year...FINALLY drop, will it truly matter how good it is? It could be the world's greatest update, and by this point the expectations on it having to outperform from the excruciating wait is so unbalanced it's practically moot. It would have to be extraordinary to even remotely stand a chance at being 'passable' and we all know deep down what we will get. What do I believe the update will be like when it finally hits? Exactly the same thing you deep down know as well, It will probably be more of the same content we previously got, heavily prioritized on it's narrative (whether you like it or or not), and probably with greater graphical improvement. The true sexual content will be in the later ACTS...maybe you'll get a scene with someone drunk if you're lucky.

INTERMISSION NEWS:
Lily of the Valley had one of it's best updates in a long while, crew grumbled and gave some applause, deep down I hope the noble crew can regain faith in them. Everyone is still waiting for the next Summertime Saga and ICSTOR update...until Lewdlab cooks up something good and that goes into the mix. Crew would like to see a fresh contender enter the ring, not that the current heavyweights aren't glorious.

This is your Captain,
As dreadfully bored as the rest of you,
Signing off.

View attachment 223679
And our heroic captain is back again to accompany us in the hopeless neverending journey. Welcome back!

Jashmyne

Oct 11, 2018
As expected. And worst part, on his discord, everyone has this defeated mentality, there is no point in complaining so they don't complain. They just keep paying in return for nothing.
I wish I was a gamedev and that I had such a fanbase.

Reactions: Siddington

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
In case you guys haven't been up to date, @monroe has released the 2018 Christmas special found . To ex-patrons and future patrons, may I remind you that this is the Bargaining phase I was talking about earlier. A scheme to hook your interest and reel you back to false promises. There's seriously nothing good to spoil and its premise of an earlier "happier" family moments are virtually non-existent.

If your gut tells you this is a terrible investment, trust it no matter how tempting. No matter how tempting.

04.png

03.png

To those who are unaware, Christmas Special is also the reason why Chapter 10 won't be released on the 25th of this January. It'll be either released on the last weeks of February or March, perhaps there will be another excuse that delays it further to June. Expect this 1 chapter release/per year trend to continue. Per. Year.

Sigh...

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes